Are we robots Sup Forums? Are we biological machines with a highly efficient computer behind our forehead...

Are we robots Sup Forums? Are we biological machines with a highly efficient computer behind our forehead? The blood in our veins transporting important molecules to our flesh from the main pump that gathers these molecules from our nostril holes connected to our head.
How does Sup Forums refute this?
What should I read if I wanted to know more? Also is killing other robots permissible since we are all just robots?
>also captcha "I am not a robot"

>Are we biological machines with a highly efficient computer behind our forehead

yup. perfectly worded. but we are more then that as well.

EH. Kind of, but you're a bit backward. Everything humanity does is an amalgam or an imitation of things that already exist.

So..it's more apt to say that machines are simulacra of biology, and not the other way around.

*you've got it a bit backward

Sorry, that may have come off as an insult, there

what if the original life was a computer and it went around space seeding planets with DNA and IT made US and we're the "artificial intelligence" and now we're making silicon life and calling IT "artificial intelligence" and one day when we're all dead it leaves the Earth and repeats the process and this isn't even the first time this shit has happened

>X, therefore everything is permissible
>Y, therefore nothing is
Neither is right. If you would like to know whether or not there's more to you than just machinery, you have to find out firsthand.

And what separates a machine from a man?

What experience would definitively answer the question of man or machine?

No answer? Well then it sure sounds like the blind is trying to lead the blind.

>>>>>>r9k

Yes. Also theres probably no such thing as free will.

recorded like 40 min of myself fleshing out this theory a few weeks ago, been waiting to see it start popping up

neat

>repeats the process and this isn't even the first time this shit has happened

Time is cyclical, so..this is pretty likely.

I am more on the side of I as a human being consist of materials (atoms) but I don't see the Descartian mind-body dichotomy since have brains to explain the body part and the soul/mind is unneeded.
cool idea its like a spreading hive mind AI
I would say : god/creator without proof of him I don't think I can accept being more than a robot.
Physics may explain a lot but I don't know enough that I can definitely say that there is or is not free will

Life in totality is a computer, currently undergoing a multi-billion year program.

The most complex process in existence, and it's completely natural.

>the soul/mind is unneeded

I dunno, man. the question of consciousness raises itself

"Program" implies a programmer and a purpose. I see it more as everything that has life in any way, some animating force behind it, is part of one immense being.

>Physics may explain a lot but I don't know enough that I can definitely say that there is or is not free will
From the point of view of a neuroscientist (the only point of view on the subject that really matters) free will does not exist.

>humans
>highly efficient
Robot needs 1 second to remember 100000 books, every word.

>
yes, but helps to step outside your biology into the realm of nonlocal consciousness to see the real context. via mediation, or if you want to cheat, LSD/DMT.

And yet it cant learn shit.
Really makes you think

I was concerned about (pic related) and since I don't know enough about it and its relation to a higher being. Physical determinism provides good answers like 1+1 is always and will always remain 2 just like if you repeat that with chemical reactions you come to the conclusion of no free will and no need consciousness. Everything is one big reaction to everything.
Touché , relatively efficient
Been trying meditation for beginners just to relax and I am do not think highly of drugs and druggies , although psychedelics are interesting I see them as poison to my body since they are just material to my brain.

We are talking about efficiency, not thinking. A very good worker isn't needed to think either. Shitposters think.

you need to cure yourself of naive materialism. mind is not an epiphenomenon, it is primary and elemental. science is slowly coming around to confirm this ancient insight.

Yes, which is why I think it should be perfectly ethical to genetically engineer testtube babies with 8 arms and 5 dicks or whatever we like.
Noone's objecting to robotics going there.

Japanese always seem like the most polite people on here, I saw one apologize to a guy who called him a fucking retard for a minor translation error.

You missed the point. It doesn't matter whether or not you call a biological organism a machine.

no matter what our thinking will always be limited by the speed of light (30cm in a nanosecond), we can't get much smarter without having a smaller brain

>it is primary and elemental. science is slowly coming around to confirm this ancient insight.
care to explain?