>British soldier dies in Iraq, not a result of enermy activity
>US drone strike kills top jihadist commander in Idlib
>Jaysh Al-Islam reclaims Air Battalion Base in East Ghouta
>Over 10 helicopters land in Deir Ezzor with SAA reinforcements
>SAA targets jihadist rebels near Turkish border
>More than 1,300 civilians exit Wadi Barada area
>Ru military sets up checkpoints in ypg-held Sheikh Maqsoud district
>new car bomb in Bagdad, 32 dead, 60 injured while Hollande is visiting Iraq
>German police arrest Syrian refugee who asked ISIS for 180k€ cars into suicide bombs

Current situation in Idlib
>pastebin.com/raw/4rxtm3A2

Other urls found in this thread:

wired.com/2012/03/mattis-syria/
youtube.com/watch?v=TQx_x4ECW6A
janoberg.exposure.co/humans-in-liberated-aleppo/photos/3408267
almasdarnews.com/article/isis-begins-withdrawing-west-palmyra-suffering-heavy-losses/
twitter.com/watanisy/status/816053567656259584
youtube.com/watch?v=GcrJgXuddC0
within-syria.blogspot.nl/2017/01/syrian-t-55-upgrades-north-korean-fcs.html
twitter.com/WithinSyriaBlog/status/816188291951296516)
youtube.com/watch?v=Vgmnohv4HP4
damascusinsider.com/syrian-army-mobilizing-large-force-near-palmyra.html
twitter.com/Charles_Lister/status/815217719838523393
twitter.com/snhr/status/816056970268569601
mediafire.com/convkey/93a3/3by0gswv29ybebwzg.jpg
twitter.com/maytham956/status/815962059770839040
en.aleppo24.com/perpetrators-belonging-to-the-air-force-intelligence-caught-by-a-russian-patrol-while-looting-an-electric-generator-of-an-oven-in-aleppo
friendsofsyria.wordpress.com/2017/01/03/cia-agents-arrested-in-turkey-for-erdogan-assassination-attempt/
youtube.com/watch?v=BbXCpAVxvzo&t
youtube.com/watch?v=uFMSw_IvmX4
twitter.com/Philvw1809/status/816313547240210432
youtube.com/watch?v=w8DJJDCGQ9g
sofrep.com/67393/syrian-government-whines-western-media-lies-wont-allow-good-journalism/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

what does the plaque in the photo mean?

It means lurk more newfaggot

Any update on whether operational focus has changed from T4/Palmyra to South Aleppo or not?

Wonderful thank you. I have been lurking a bit - seen the photo before but never an explanation.

Hi, just your hourly reminder that Syria is actually Israeli clay and that Assad will get REKT by Mattis.

wired.com/2012/03/mattis-syria/

youtube.com/watch?v=TQx_x4ECW6A

Don't know, i get all my info from /sg/, and previous thread died...

Also:
Previous thread:

It means that people who are literal scum, and should be beheaded…

When a new thread is created (baked) the text from the old thread is usually copy-pasted. Unless the parts that are inserted automatically are removed from the text manually by the OP poster, there will appear in the new post. That is considered sloppy work and therefor frowned upon.
The original picture's plaque read "Behead those that insult islam" and has been modified to express the regular posters' hatred of those that.

In relation to this the in this thread's OP should be considered a sardonic joke... I think.

If you're only reading one thing today, make it this article:
janoberg.exposure.co/humans-in-liberated-aleppo/photos/3408267

Swedish peace scientist who was in Aleppo during the liberation tells his story.
Lots of red pills dropped and some very interested photos.

>Overwhelming human happiness after four years of what many called "hell under the terrorists." I saw smiles and pride and victory signs like with the boy above.

>I listened to people expressing gratitude to both Bashar al-Assad and the government and to Putin and the Russians - the latter both bombing and sending field hospitals. And telling me that life was good in Aleppo before the occupiers swept in and began the looting and the destruction.

>Remember - the mainstream media did not think they had to be present when close to 100.000 people got freedom from an occupation and obviously celebrated that they were back under the government of "the dictator."

>But they did confirm that they had heard about the White Helmets but never seen them.

>Big resourceful Western media had left Aleppo - BBC for instance. Reuters reported about Aleppo from Beirut and Berlin.

>They stayed away because the event, the liberation of Aleppo, could not be reported within the narrative they had uniformly built during five years by repeating monotonously the simplifying stories - if not propaganda - the large US/Western corporate news bureaus and media produced.

I'll stop quoting it now. Just read it.

According to a military source at the T-4 Airport, a reconnaissance drone provided the Syrian Arab Army images regarding the Islamic State's gathering point near the T-4 Pumping Station.

Using heavy artillery, the Syrian Arab Army scored several direct hits on the Islamic State gathering points, killing more than 40 enemy combatants and destroying as many as 5 pick-up trucks and 3 armored vehicles, including 2 BMP tanks.

As a result of these losses, the Islamic State has reportedly begun withdrawing their forces to the Al-Raqqa countryside, where their combatants are currently engaged in a fierce battle with the Kurdish-led "Syrian Democratic Forces" (SDF).

In the coming days, the Syrian Arab Army will launch a massive counter-attack to recapture much of Palmyra's western countryside, forcing the Islamic State terrorists to concede much of the important gas fields.
- almasdarnews.com/article/isis-begins-withdrawing-west-palmyra-suffering-heavy-losses/

unconfirmed reports claim mass withdraw of ISIS from around T4 toward raqqa
- twitter.com/watanisy/status/816053567656259584

Then you didn't lurk enough or never ever posted a youtube link here (or thought about how this "[Embed]" works).

Small ceasefire violations on both sides. Wadi Barada (Dam.), Latakia, north Hama.

Ceasefire will never work as long as non-signatory terrorists are embedded with signatory groups

This will likely never end as al-Nusra strength and prominence in Idlib is very high and theyre present in other areas as well

Are there any interesting news from Mosul?
The Iraqis aren't advancing and the IS isn't repelling them… or tries to recapture lost territory.

Why aren't there more happenings in Mosul?
Shouldn't this be one of the most important battles in the whole war?
But they are just doing.... nothing?

"We spent 10 years in Iraq trying to create some sort of stable democratic regime"

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHAHHAHA

Iraq is a shitfest of islamist sharia-law enforcing militants on the streets everywhere, not only in the north but also in the east.

peaceful demonstrations my ass, they're all sunni islamist isis kebabs that need to be shot on sight

anything good heard about rebels in east aleppo/syria is basically ISIS propaganda and encourages kebabs in europe to drive trucks into crowds

thanks russia, keep up the good work

I really hope for more terrorists attacks in western yurop, ISIS is doing good job

Finally some real journalism, the BBC editorial and "journalism" staff must be gathered and tortured till death

Reposting..
From last week, statement by Assad to the Italian TG5 channel
The SyrianPresidency Youtube only has an Arabic-dubbed version of the statement.
Interestingly the Italian reporter asks a question about the pipeline theories.

youtube.com/watch?v=GcrJgXuddC0

Oh, the Iraqis took some industrial district today. It seems that finally something is happening.
I hope for some Religion of Peace Truck in Vienna this year. Our government is so fragile that it would lead to early parliamentary elections and our lefties whould get BTFO.
We took more refugees per capita than germany, but nothing big is happening here, so a lot of people still think that everything is fine.
Vienna needs some multicultural enrichment.

Syrian T-55 Upgrades : North Korean FCS
One of the mysteries of the SAA's arsenal are the soviet T-55 tanks that have been upgraded with North Korean equipment. Today, we brought you an exclusive close look at the details of these old yet stubborn and reckless metal beasts.

within-syria.blogspot.nl/2017/01/syrian-t-55-upgrades-north-korean-fcs.html
(via twitter.com/WithinSyriaBlog/status/816188291951296516)

I think Germany, France and Belgium busted at least several dozen terrorist plotters in 2016. Only a matter of time until the next happening of tolerance in Europe.

>Vienna needs some multicultural enrichment.

Do Austrians hate Vienna as much as everyone else does?

CBS46 Reality Check with Ben Swann
Reality Check: Proof That Those "Moderate Rebels" in Syria are Really Jihadists.

kikebook /BenSwannRealityCheck/videos/1311887455542868/
OR
youtube.com/watch?v=Vgmnohv4HP4

This was on American television? kek

>Vienna needs some multicultural enrichment.
I agree altough Jan III Sobieski is rolling in his grave.
Irony irony edition 6/10

I've got some nice info about ISIS:
>after Reina it seems obvious now that the organization is divided into 2 large cells
>the one operating in Iraq/Syria is mostly of Arab descent
>the one operating in Turkey (and mostly Europe) is made of Chechen/Georgian fighters
>ISIS says that it's both logistically and historically legitimate to do it like this

Source: ex-Middle East Polish ambassador

>within-syria.blogspot.nl/2017/01/syrian-t-55-upgrades-north-korean-fcs.html
Favourite Dutch bloggers. Figured a piece on this would be inbound since they are doing the book on NK stuff.

Dutch? its only .nl since I linked it, on their Twitter the link is blogspot.com

>And I saw victims of this occupation in the East get bread, vegetables, bananas and water.
>Bananas

I'm amazed about meme Best Korea being well... cool in this case.

Syrian Army Mobilizing Large Force Near Palmyra
>damascusinsider.com/syrian-army-mobilizing-large-force-near-palmyra.html

Ahrar al-Sham insiders that opponents of a JFS merger are being threatened w their lives unless they change their position.
>twitter.com/Charles_Lister/status/815217719838523393
>tfw syrianbro was totally right (see pastebin)

There have been 77 ceasefire violations since its implementation 72 hours ago: SNHR
>twitter.com/snhr/status/816056970268569601
>pardon the gayass source but it seems legit in this case

Reports that IS is leaving the surroundings of T4 airbase for Raqqa
>twitter.com/watanisy/status/816053567656259584

updated map on E. Ghouta

mediafire.com/convkey/93a3/3by0gswv29ybebwzg.jpg

> be Austrian and speak based upper german dialect like 100% of all non-Vienna Austrians
> go to vienna
> ask some random dude for directions
> he doesn't even understand the easiest thing in dialect
> have to speak standard german
> he can't help
> ask the next 2 people. Exactly the same. just understand standard german and don't know where some specific street is in their own fucking city
> decide to ask the first shitskin
> have to speak english with him
> he knows the direction and is able to help
Nuke them!

>inb4 just look at your smartphone
this was 10 years ago! Just imagine how this shithole looks now.

And even more confirmation on what Syrianbro wrote on Idlib:
#AlNusra succeeded to merge 7 factions under what is known as "Syrian Islamic Body"
>twitter.com/maytham956/status/815962059770839040

Some weird news about Tiger stealing bakery generators, I don't know what to think about this:
>en.aleppo24.com/perpetrators-belonging-to-the-air-force-intelligence-caught-by-a-russian-patrol-while-looting-an-electric-generator-of-an-oven-in-aleppo

Erdo went full retard/redpilled mode:

>According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MoFA) for the Republic of Turkey, the two captured CIA pilots were not only responsible for shooting down the Russian Sukhoi Su-24m bomber over Syria last year, but also attempted to kill President Erdogan during the failed “coup” attempt a few days ago.

>The MoD further warned that the Obama regime was planning to kill President Erdogan in a coup and replace him the CIA’s “designated figurehead” Fethullah Gulen—and that Turkey’s MoFA confirmed just hours ago was behind this plot by stating that “the Fethullah Gülen Terrorist Organization is behind this coup attempt”.

More: friendsofsyria.wordpress.com/2017/01/03/cia-agents-arrested-in-turkey-for-erdogan-assassination-attempt/

Schwabe reporting in.
I have similar experiences with Vienna. The locals were very unfriendly, service was bad everywhere.
The shitskins usually are less unfriendly, but stink, are louder and dumber than the shitskins in other cities. A place that even makes shitskins worse than usual.

>the two captured CIA pilots were not only responsible for shooting down the Russian Sukhoi Su-24m
It wouldn't surprise me it this was true.
But Erdogan says it, so i guess it's just some bullshit.

>countrybumpkin goes to capital
>speaks indecipherable rustic hobgoblinish
>is perplexed that erudite urbanites don't know every street of their sprawling metropolis just because you can name the two roads that cross in your village
>how can this be
KEK

>this was 10 years ago!

You don't have maps with a directory of streetnames in non-Vienna Austria? Or you just don't know how to use one?

Also, You come to the big city unprepared, and just arrogantly decide to approach the locals for help in your ridicolous mountain-grunt dialect? No wonder they didn't bother to help you. They would have realised that you are a complete waste of air.

Hah - see that wasn't so hard, explaining things in a non-derogatory human-human interaction. Thanks danon!

some groups are already denying this. there's a lot of pressure to merge from within and without factions like Ahrar as-Sham. We will probably see a mini civil war in Idlib after which JFS is top dog. I think this was basically one of the major aims of the ceasefire.

So why do we support assad again?
Also who do the SPG, kurds etc fight for

>SAA using reconnaissance, planning and aimed artillery strikes to force the enemy to retreat without own losses
did they evolve?

No problem, Icelander. Most regulars here are actually nice enough people, but we get some random visitors from the rest of Sup Forums, so ... you know...

>I think this was basically one of the major aims of the ceasefire.
Yes, it's quite possible that some smart berson like you foresaw this development.

The world would be a better place if you arrogant rubes just stayed away from the cities.

tbqh ahrar already had serious internal problems evident weeks before the ceasefire. ever since aleppo the pressure for mergers has been yuuge. not only in idlib but also in e. ghouta.

I was starting to think that isis had splintered into local militias fighting in one spot only. If this is true the leadership in Raqqa must have some control of troop movements

Are you fucking idiots?
What did the map in my post tell you?
If you go to munich, you expect people to understand bavarian — if you go to vienna, you expect people to understand some upper german. It's the language 90% of people in Austria speak.

20 years ago, vienna had their own upper german dialect and nobody was speaking standard german there — i was approaching them with their own dialect! The differences between my dialect and the vienna dialect are neglectable — but now it's gone.
The main language in this city changed within one single decade.

They don't have to speak it, but they should be able to understand it!
Just imagine that you live in a country and are just able to speak to the people in your little city… as soon as you go out of your city, you don't understand one single person, because you don't speak their language.
Welcome to Vienna.

> go to a city in Austria
> expect people to understand the language 90% of Austrians speak
Somehow you think that this is wrong?

Daily reminder that Turkey is a failed state and the NeoOttoman dream has been a failure.

The Iraqis are pushing hard in east Mosul this week. Expect more intense battles in the industrial district. The Iraqis might even reach the Tigris within the next three months assuming the offensive doesn't fall apart before then

I'm not suprised at all desu senpai. They're under constant pressure, militarily, ideologically and now after suffering heavy loses both in morale/manpower/equipment/ammo the pressure is even higher so the implemention of ceasefire might've been crucial indeed.
Serves them right, fucking jihadi assholes if you ask me tough.

To explain that statistic for non-German speakers.
It says that ~70% of elementary schools in vienna have more than 33% migrant children.
And most of the remaining kids are 2nd and 3rd generation immigrants.

If you think that this is normal, then fuck you.

>ywn never re-establish the ottoman caliphate
>the salafi caliphate you helped to establish hates you and will collapse cursing your name
>the only thing you managed to establish was a hostile kurdish polity on your border

True British martyr desu lads

ayy lmao dead commie

do dead commies ascend the worker's paradise where Karl Marx feeds them memes of production?

The average Kurd doesnt speak English. Is there any YPG unit only of foreign volunteers ? I can't imagine being on the front lines without proper communication.

If you want to join worker's paradise aka YPG you must learn Kurdish before you go & later 2 weeks course about some basics.

Going by the statistics on Wikipedia, most of your "immigrants" in Vienna are Eastern-Europeans. Unless those 76,000 Turks are breeding like crazy, you're just getting SLAV'd

desu, a world without the higher german dialects is better off

The foreign volunteers do a training camp where they learn the basics of fighting and some language lessons before going to fight then they normally get spread out between units

Supposedly the majority of foreign fighters are only useful for PR/propaganda and take a lot of looking after which makes sense to me as you probably have a lot of idealistic kiddies with mental health problems

In terms of foreign volunteer only units it's not the ypg but the ifb used to have (may still have I don't know) an all British gommie brigade called the Bob crow brigade that would do stupid shit like pic related which is backing up a British railway trade union going on strike because the train company got automated doors so fired the people that used to close the doors

an award winning, redpilling shortfilm a friend from syria made:
youtube.com/watch?v=BbXCpAVxvzo&t

Just like the main country of origin for immigrants in Sweden is Finland and they also have more slavic immigrants than shitskins.
Just because the immigration from other countries is even higher doesn't mean that it's not problematic.
If the main language in a city changes within 10 years or there are new ghettos, then there is some fucking problem.
Fuck off

Oh I see. I was asking because I have seen a few foreign ypg soldiers these last few months dying and I always thought that they were used only for PR crap and not on the frontlines like this British guy

Thank you - nice find.

They must have a lot of nafri refugees in Norway

Vienna has always been Multi-Kulti though, it had a huge Czech population before the empire collapsed. Don't invade or rule other countries if you don't want anything to do with their people.

The only truly foreign group is the Turks and they are about 4% of the people in the city, far from anything resembling the conditions of London.

That image is true. Also the dialects that are farther south and in Austria I find more understandable than ordinary German. Especially because you roll ''R".

t. person with relatives that emigrated to bavaria

who are 'nafri'?

Curacao user are you the one running JulianRoepcke account on LiveLeak?
If it's you than well done, it's 10/10 acc & content

> Vienna has always been Multi-Kulti and you always had some immigrants, so you have to accept every single multicultural enrichment, even if it's ten times more intensive than in the past. And if you complain, you are racist!
I already explained to you that the language in vienna changed in just 10 year. It changed that much, that if you speak the vienna dialect they had 20 years ago, you wouldn't find a person in vienna who understands you.
There is not one single occurence in history where a language changed that fast. Things like that usually took hundreds of years.
And it was _always_ possible for someone from Lower Austria to go to Vienna and just speak with his dialect and they would understand him. The difference never was that extreme.

>Don't invade or rule other countries if you don't want anything to do with their people.
> You have to feel guilty of your past! You need to be a cuck and accept everything! Take those refugees, because your ancestors did bad things and you have to compensate that!
Do i really have to answer to that bullshit?

And even in London are more slavic immigrants than muslims.
So your argument here is wrong.
> as long as there are more slavic immigrants than muslims, everything is ok

Now you wrote every single idiotic pro-RefugeesWelcome argument you heard from some lefties. And every single argument is idiologic bullshit.
> it was always like that, so accept it!
> feel guilty of your ancestors!
> but there are more immigrants from other countries!
What's next?

Salute

Is that photo real?

>They stayed away because the event, the liberation of Aleppo, could not be reported within the narrative they had uniformly built during five years by repeating monotonously the simplifying stories - if not propaganda - the large US/Western corporate news bureaus and media produced.

it would be delusional to think that Bashar (or his goons) allowed them to freely cover the situation and they just refused it because "muh narrative"

remember when Sup Forums managed to geolocate a syrian "moderate rebel" hideout that led to a russian bombing after the sandnigger took a selfy?

No I only ever helped with the training video one.

Guys, guys !!

Am im the only one here, already waiting for some ISIS amphibious assault against the YPG/SDF ?

Just imagine, ISIS on rubber rafts and ork-style armored fishing boats assaulting YPG held area in full HD

ISIS is known for its crazy ass assaults, so everyone:
GET HYPED !

He explains those things in the article. I recommend reading it.
Here are some highlights:

>I walked the streets and could talk to and photograph anybody I wanted to, no one guiding me to particular persons.

>And I did not see any reporters or camera crews from the Western mainstream media - some having been to Aleppo but gone back to Damascus or Beirut when they should have been present at this particular event. Nordic media were not to be seen at this historical moment. True some don't get a visa - but that does not explain that so many were absent.

>getting hyped for a isis offensive
>flag
wew

Why did they do that interview in English? feels good man.

This is also interesting

>Finally, I heard people express their disagreement with al-Assad's amnesty policy. If you are a Syrian citizen and have been out fighting against your own you will be granted amnesty if you hand in your weapon, answer some questions and then sign a paper that you'll never do it again. That's all. You can be re-integrated in society again. Only if you have a court case against you, say by a family a member of whom you have deliberately killed, you'll be punished.

>What several - civilians as well as soldiers - told me was that they did not agree with this soft, reconciliatory philosophy of their president. Some said that legal processes were necessary and Syrians who had fought against their own people and participated in the occupation of Eastern Aleppo deserved to be punished. Others were of the opinion that they deserved to die.

If I was in charge the amphibious assault would just be a decoy to distract from the airship bombardment

"North African"

>rafts

Yeah that'll work against machine guns and mortars

youtube.com/watch?v=uFMSw_IvmX4

im talking about the fucking entertainment you fucktard - this is /sg/, not /k/'s /meg/

>Belgium

whahah, implying your country is by percentage not far more infiultrated

New ISIS video from Mosul covering inghimasi attacks to be released SOON.

here's a trailer

twitter.com/Philvw1809/status/816313547240210432

couldn't find a better source

it's thinking like this, that made ISIS effective at some of their offensives, newfag

I wonder what happens if the SDF really reaches Al-Thawrah. This city is important as fuck for them and the SDF doesn't have much manpower.

>Reminder that Aleppo did NOT "fall". Aleppo was LIBERATED!

youtube.com/watch?v=w8DJJDCGQ9g

who /antifa?

This.

If some crazy idiot storms at you in a suicide mission and it's damn obvious that he is ready to die, while you are just a mercenary who fights for shekels and don't even like the other soldiers on your side, then you will say "screw this" and fuck off.

I am totally sure that ISIS would be successful with some crazy boat mission.

I dont doubt that certain people were allowed to have this freedom but at the same time some werent.

I find his scenario really weird - that there were a lot of journos on the ground (and yet they kept citing SOHR and other irrelevant twitter shits instead of their own people) and after Aleppo was liberated they just left instead of staying and getting some biased reports. Why would they just leave? They dont have to publish what they dont want to publish, why leave and not have the chance to publish anything? That doesnt make sense.

sofrep.com/67393/syrian-government-whines-western-media-lies-wont-allow-good-journalism/
this article was from a journalist who was invited in Damascus to the Assad conference and allowed to move "freely" but when he got out there he wasnt allowed past checkpoints and faced obstructions until his allowed time to stay ran out
unfortunately the article is pay2read now

I doubt it. I've never seen one in my life desu

this better just be a (you) fishing scam

>Canadian YPG volunteer Nazzareno Antonio Tassone lost his life during clashes against ISIS terrorists in the #Raqqa campaign.

Pro-ISIS channels spreading messages that the attacker in Turkey Instanbul on new years eve is now back in ISIS territory

The guy who wrote the article wasn't a journalist just FYI.
But if you read it he explains why he think they left.

If you see the video from the interviewed people say the same thing.

Media in general has just become really horrible in my opinion, all citing the same sources, very few doing actual investigative journalism.

hard to say, if they will cross the euphrates river, but it really seems to be a nice target, since it looks like Tabqa is a logistical-/supply hub connecting raqqa with north aleppo and east homs
But it will most likely mainly benefit the euphrates shield/roaches ATM, so....nah...i would rather try to push towards raqqa