Is Afrikaans a dutch dialect?

Is Afrikaans a dutch dialect?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_language_is_a_dialect_with_an_army_and_navy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Yes

No. A dialect is a language without an army/navy. For example ukrainian, okinawan, scottish

Oh yeah, how well do you understand it?

It isn't, but it could pretty much be since you can speak Dutch to an Afrikaners, or Afrikaans to a Dutchman, and you could still have a decent conversation then.

This is one of the best, most well-thought-out, and most informative posts of 2017 so far.

Are you fucking retarded?

Is it comparable to how American English and Bongland English?

Whenever I hear someone speak Afrikaans, I think of my mongoloid nephew attempting to talk.

samefag.

>to how American english and Bongland english
grammar

It's more different than that.

I'm sorry for your nephew

if it's a ""dutch"" dialect. translate this sentence to afrikaans:

>My hand is in warm water.

oh, wait

>ja ne
>じゃね
that's japanese.

I was reading about dutch and noticed that some words had changed meanings as they had in america
Such as pussy as in a pussycat

it can't be any more different than Mexican Spanish and Castilian Spanish.

It's an older version of Dutch that has developed separately from ours, so while we can hold normal proper conversations with each other, the accent is quite different and a lot of words pronounced differently.

Sometimes there are even different words altogether, as a result of vocabulary racemixing with all the niggers and the anglos.

Ja, nee.
Ek weet nie wat die fok ek se nie.

Are.. Are you frustrated?

>what are memes
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_language_is_a_dialect_with_an_army_and_navy

Not sure.maybe because we can understand each other

Do the dutch use the word lekker?

Yankee is derived from ''Jan Kees'', which is apparently some name people in the Netherlands gave to people living in at the time, the Colony of Nieuw Amsterdam.

Nope

My folly was taking an aussie seriously

Jazeker, en vooral het woord gezellig.

Yo masa fail pose

yes

My oupa is from holland and his name is Kees

Nee man. Dont be like so, jou foken naai!

jy weet n kees is n bobejaan ne?

Sun up naaier. 26's

Kek .Ek het nie dit geweet nie

How could you even argue that it's not?
History gives you the answer.

En ga eens normaal Nederlands praten, knikkers.

>Son op, 27's

Well kind of, it's basically dutch of a few centuries ago. You can understand it a bit as a Dutch person and reading is fine but when they talk it's a bit too fast to fully understand.

Was that sentence your attemp at afrikaans?

It's a pidgin

The line between a language and a dialect is pretty thin. There's even a saying that the difference between a language and a dialect is that a language has an army.

Heb je een brompony?

Im american i dont know your turkey speak. Will say i fucked one of your women last year. 10/10 redpilled and had a very wet pussy. Wish you guys luck so she doesnt get raped and murdered back in SA and I see her again. Keep breeding good women Turkey speakers

Leuk geprobeerd Shaka

it's Dutch, same thing.

leer gewoon algemeen beschaafd nederlands, neger van me.

daai 10/10 was seker 'n kaapse hoer sonder tande, jou dom naai

>je zult nooit gepijpt worden door een terrasteefje met kaas en stroopwafels in haar bloed
Ga lekker naar Orania, gezellig met al die luitjes

You sound mad like yo masa when i stuck it in her ass. Your women are easy when they find out our dollar is worth 13 times more than your rand. Best thing is she doesnt even speak your turkey language so I dont have to deal with that marble mouth shit

she was xhosa wasnt she?

It sounds like a drunk downey trying to speak Dutch.
It's kinda like what Australian is to UK English but worse.
Whenever I see Afrikaans I automatically assume some kind of retard is writing it.

I take it you read the Quran too?

No reply from him so I guess

If your going to make a thread about Afrikaans, try not using madelas g-string, try using the true flag of South Africa