Did liberals push gamers to the right?

I feel like their was a real attempt to co-oped the gamer identity or implant far left values into a community that plays games about either fighting back against evil or running over hookers with a car.

I wasn't on social media during the whole Gamer Gate thing and parts of the controversy and the events that started it and lead to the backlash against it confuse me? But it seem's like the the far lefts attempt to control the industry like they control tv and movies had the opposite effect, and woke a'lot of people up.

Does anyone else see this?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ofJzavEH12A
knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/the-fine-young-capitalists-game-jam
youtube.com/watch?v=joFFwEfmzDI
encyclopediadramatica.se/Gamergate
youtube.com/watch?v=gpVHkrFdx1Q
youtu.be/Afgtd8ZsXzI?t=12s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Yeah that's pretty much what happened actually.

I actually participated in GG when it happened, and didn't touch Sup Forums for a long time because of how hard it got cucked and forced to censor. It did wake a lot of people up...but if you don't know any information, why start a thread? Are you trying to understand it or what?

implying gamers haven't always been shitlord white male racists

>I feel like their was

stopped reading

I wonder how many disaffected gamers found their way here in the wake of that whole fiasco and became white preservationists.

All Marxists had to do was kick back and wait for whites to be bred out of existence, but they couldn't keep their social justice boners in their pants so they inadvertently created a new reactionary movement.

What dumbasses.

I know it had something to do with some girl screwing a journalist to promote her far-left game and when people tired to bring attention to it the gaming websites tried to slander people as sexist. Then it somehow became a rebellion against pandering to feminism, and thats when the movement got slandered as some kind of "anti-girl" movement which sounds so retarded I don't know how anyone could have believed it.

Yes. Gamergate unironically laid the groundwork to get Trump elected.

This is the world we live in. This is real life.

It doesn't seem so weird when you look at history in general and see all the shit like wars over buckets or nations ending up flipping sides in a war a few times or having three popes at the same time and shit like that.

But the real lesson here is not to fuck with bread and circuses if you want to accomplish anything. You need public apathy to get away with shit.

Of course they did! Liberals were targeting VIDEO GAMES as a source of MISOGYNY, SEXISM and RACISM. Im sure all of you recall all the shit about female characters being too sexy and men being too manly. It was fucking retarded. Now why the fuck would you want to be part of political party that essentially shames you for being a white male.
Well it was more or less her boyfriend revealing that she was sleeping with other guys as a breakup, whom were journalists and stuff. JUST to get reviews. Of course no one cared for like a month or two. when his letter came out of the dark every male gamer sympathized with him and started to flame her and she and the libtards twisted it into some retarded sexist bullshit (Surely no help to the fact shes fucking the people that write the articles you read) and now without a boyfriend to keep her in check shes seriously fucking people. Vice made an update about her. You can pretty much see how she has a small studio of wimpy guys that she constantly teases then denies sex (thats just my opinion)

Sorry for double post, here is the link lazy faggots.
youtube.com/watch?v=ofJzavEH12A

>Makes bad games, Fucks people for press
I know for a fact those legs got spread for a vice.

Yea that's pretty much what happened. If you want more details go look up Sargon and InternetAristocrat videos from that time. They were there for the whole thing.

>doesn't use punctuation, capitalization or proper sentence structure
>throws a bitchfit at a spelling error

Fake Australia is a bit of a cunt.

Well, if they actually attempted to implant far-left values into me, it's a complete success. The corrupt assholes will be the first to get gulaged when the revolution comes.

>when the movement got slandered as some kind of "anti-girl" movement which sounds so retarded I don't know how anyone could have believed it.
But they did believe it. What ultimately made my turn against the system was this bullshit made up story make it to the big papers in my country. I just could not believe how deep media collusion run.

GG took me here, yes, many such cases

If you identify as a gamer you should consider killing yourself.

>Video games
Fuck off, nobody cares about that. Nice try Bryana

Sorta. It's the most amusing thing in the world to me how gamergate played out and then the subsequent DNC leaks and ABSOLUTELY NO ONE said "huh, maybe gamers were onto something about the whole corruption in journalism thing." My biggest beef with GG was that it stayed limited in scope to games journalism, and didn't make the logical realization that ALL of the press corps is corrupt, not just a tiny segment of it.

It feels like just yesterday. If only we knew how bad things were about to get

Milo did a pretty good job of exposing it even further for Normies. I mean, I didn't even know what Breitbart was before getting linked to his articles concerning GG.

Lurk on 4+4/v/ there's everything you need to know.
For starters though I recommend this too:
knowyourmeme.com/memes/events/the-fine-young-capitalists-game-jam

I agree with this.

I've always known the media twists things but the whole gamergate thing was the first time I was there from day 1 and got to see the media machine in action forming a narrative and then relentlessly pushing that narrative so it becomes "fact".

Its incredibly autistic but now everytime (((they))) say something I start digging and try to find the real motivations. Its always 100% every time in the media/government/medical industry etc. best interest and never the common person.

Pr0babl1 n0t !

It was an early warning sign

Leftists have been pushing too far for some time and this was an early manifestation of a backlash

It's the same as the backlash against Christfags who thought they were in the ascendancy at various times in the 90s and early 2000s.

When a movement gets too arrogant and pushes crazy shit people react against it

I also agree with this though.

What is it about video games that attracts the worst people?

I'll leave my books and movies out but if someone comes over I always feel the need to put the Xbox in the closet.

Pretty much. I've abandoned liberalism as a direct consequence of the militant identity politics that declares white men to be 'the enemy'.

Libers have no clue how much they harm themselves when they say things like 'you can't be racist against whites'

>My biggest beef with GG was that it stayed limited in scope to games journalism, and didn't make the logical realization that ALL of the press corps is corrupt
Why the fuck do you think it made national news? So the media could stop and slander it BEFORE it got to that point.

Remember all those movie tropes about the jocks and the popular kids all being mean horrible and stupid people and the nerds being the good guys?

It's actually the opposite. 'Gamers' in particular are total scum. 'People who play video games' are fine though.

pretty much the case with me. I was quite liberal and a big gamer until a few years back, but i witnessed the entire industry shift from being about making games in which I can shoot baddies into a platform for the far left to push their agendas. Gamergate was pretty much the last straw.

Sjw and gamergate made go to the right. I can't stand lefty moralistic bullshit. I also happen to be a comic book reader and Marvel did shit. All of this made me push every people i could to vote Trump. If you are a proud gamer or a comic book reader and you didn't vote Trump you betrayed the cause.

Call me a retard, what happened during GG? I was gone at the time and paid no attention to it al all, something about sjws and game reviewers ?

read the fucking thread man

Oh yes, it's totally a thing. Just ask Grimm.

Well, leftards and their ideologies pushed into games made me stop playing them all except Grand Strategy Games.

people of color
>white-washing should be a crime!
>how dare the white man share in our culture
>appropriation is equal to the genocide of a culture

people of color in response to all of the minorities in battlefield 1:

>people always talk about white people when referencing ww1!
>whats wrong with referencing 200,000 blacks involved with the war that included hundreds of millions of whites
>only a racist would care if the cover featured a black man
>video games shouldn't be expected to be historically accurate
>there were black nazis

"Liberals" have pushed everyone to the right, people just cannot take their insane anti-white, illogical, whining bullshit anymore.

Same but I love Dota2 aswell

Which is fine because I dont see Valve pushing an obvious left message

Japanese game still resist lefty shit.

That is the exact specific reason I didn't purchase Battlefield 1. I know about the Harlem Hellfighters and as a fellow combat vet I do respect their contributions and sacrifices in the great war.

I would have thought nothing of it if the American side had a Marine from Belleau Wood, a couple of other bubbas from the Army in different units, one of which happened to be a negro from the Hellfighters unit.

But this is blatant pandering and brainwashing and I don't appreciate being patronized, so no thanks EA.

sucks that people see backlash against this as inherently racist, when I think it's safe to say that the harlem hellfighters were selected solely on race alone. The same being done for a white unit in an otherwise ethnic war would be decryed as racist.

>GTA
>liberals protest violence and sexualization of women
>they demand such games cease to be made
>mario
>obviously gender roles because you can only play as a man saving the defenseless woman
>tomb raider
>can you perverts stop sexualizing everything?
>overwatch
>start making comics that push interracial relationships and LGBT propaganda
Gamers know liberals want to control everything

I find that 90% of gamers have asian-friends, top gamers are 75% asian, and are being brain-washed by their asian friends into being liberals.

I've yet to meet a single gamer in cs:go, dota 2, league of legends and all the popular fps, moba and even phone games who are not fans of asian girls.

Every single one of them, male or female, respects some sort of asian-gamer and has asian friends

Contrarily, every asian i talk to, including all the girls hate white people and are simply pretending to like white

Have the asian race mastered the jew tactics?

I find your comment to be 90% untrue due to the fact that you cannot be right-winged and redpilled on white genocide if you like asian women

The Harlem Hellfighters are hardly featured in the actual game. You play as a few of them in the 10 minute prologue, where you keep dying as one and then switching to another one. In the actual campaign mode, you play as a white Brit, a white American, a white Aussie, and a white Italian. The only other non-white is some Arab.

The marketing is retarded as it makes it seem like the campaign focuses on the black folk, when they are featured for only a few minutes. Multiplayer has a lot of coloureds though, the UK forces being less white than the Ottomans pretty much.

Sums it up:

youtube.com/watch?v=joFFwEfmzDI

its because most jap games are directed towards neckbeards, not californian hippies

The only thing valve cares about is money, which bothered me a few years back but is sort of a non-issue politically.

>But the real lesson here is not to fuck with bread and circuses if you want to accomplish anything
So true.
Their arrogance led them to believe that everyone could and should be controlled by whatever means necessary. Fortunately GG was a step too far way too quickly that began the inevitable downfall of libtard hysteria

Liberals cross polinated dozens of boards by engaging in internet wide censorship. They all came here.

Eventually, after we started removing their advertisers, they became conciliatory. At that point everyone returned to the boards they had started at, but they had a taste for /pol after that.

Gamergate forced gamers into this coven, and the immunized a whole community of autistic problem solvers against being called racist.

The funny thing is that most of the old Sup Forums moved to Sup Forums while the current PC shitheads on Sup Forums are plebbit migrants. It's the most cucked board on Sup Forums along with Sup Forums and /qa/.

That's how I became a polack a long time ago. I was just minding my own business playing vidya but then jews decided to shit my games up for profit. I was sorta left leaning guy, egalitarian, atheist but the most important issue for me was freedom of speech, anonymity in gaming and internet life. And then when I realized (((they))) are anti anonymity and free speech I was drawn to pol opinions.

This was way before gamergate and anita bullshit. I remember bitching about Steam and Activision jews buying Blizz. I think these two happenings marked the end of the golden era of gaming. It's just another (((industry))) now.

>implying all the games about heroic journeys, fighting against all odds and opponents to acheive victory, and commanding great armies didnt plant the seeds of redpills in most gamers

Ah, I see. Thank you for clarifying. How is the German side on the multiplayer? Is it actual Germans or full on WE WUZ DA KAISER?

Is this why Watchdogs 2 has been called the SJW game? are they pushing back?

SJWs figured they could steamroll gamers like they've done with every other area of pop culture. But they ran face first into a wall of solid autism.

no its because it was a shittily made game full of every sjw stereotype and fantasy possible

>playing video games is an identity
Come on now

They seem to have been done pretty well, I think generally it's quite tasteful and down to earth instead of cartoonishly evil Germans.

I was pretty liberal minded until this happened. I actually white knighted for that lying skank until I realized what a manipulative asshole she and her ilk truly are.

Well shitposting is.

They targeted gamers.
Gamers.
We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did.
We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's fun.
We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second.
Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know evety little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana that they can literally play these games blindfolded.
Do these people have any idea how many controllers have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed 8n frustration? All to latter be referred to as bragging rights?
These people honestly think this is a battle they can win? They take our media? We're already building a new one without them. They take our devs? Gamers aren't shy about throwing their money else where, or even making the games our selves. They think calling us racist, mysoginistic, rape apologists is going to change us? We've been called worse things by prepubescent 10 year olds with a shitty head set. They picked a fight against a group that's already grown desensitized to their strategies and methods. Who enjoy the battle of attrition they've threatened us with. Who take it as a challange when they tell us we no longer matter. Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex.
Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature.

>this post

Thank god it's copypasta

encyclopediadramatica.se/Gamergate

>SJWs figured they could steamroll gamers like they've done with every other area of pop culture. But they ran face first into a wall of solid autism.

I like this

You have to remember that the only real consistently in Sup Forums thought process is

>Leave me the fuck alone.

So, during 2008 when Age of Conan was getting censored, and Oblivion had already had its rating raised and people were throwing a shit fit about muh chillins, the same logic applied.

>Get your christcuck mitts off my vidya gaems.

Likewise, as time went on and the fundamentalist right started focusing elsewhere or simply lost interest it became more and more that the left was demanding shit.

>We need more gender diversity in your medieval video game, you fucking misogynist

And the response was more or less

>Get your fucking liberalcuck mitts off my vidya gaems

And this was interesting to watch because none of the shit that can work in an open forum works well in Sup Forums. If you call all of Sup Forums basement virgins that masturbate to hentai, they really won't give a shit because they're faceless.

So, it fell on its face because none of the tactics typically used against SJW opponents work on Sup Forums.

>You're a bigot
So what?
>You hate women
So what?
>You're a loser?
So what?

So, the right has become a cudgel to batter the left that wants to miss with their vidya gaems.

this is mad gay tho don't dew this

I found all about gamer gate a little late, but I am still seeing the SJW pressure on game developers, apparently somone said Square Enix removed scenes from FFXV due to the fear of backlash. scenes that implied a child being physically abused. Is this the future games begin censored and having to be modified or just scrapped?

You're in the right direction op!

Around 2011/2012 journalists started pushing their left-wing agenda by praising "games" not because of things like gameplay innovation but because of "muh gender politics" or "muh social commentary".

Not only that but they got into some kind of union with hipster pretentious indie developers who can barely code in C# and created this clique of people scrating each other's backs.After that we got things like gone home getting 10/10,and of course Anita.

The goal was obvious: force AAA developers to push the same agenda into their games.The message was sent,if you want your game to get 10/10 and 90+ on metacritic put some diversity in your game and we can make that happen.Since western devs care so much about metascore and make generic 7/10 games at best,publisher like EA and Ubisoft saw this as an opportunity to have higher scores(which in their minds, equals to higher sales).

Japan was a dificult target.They have their own culture and are pretty much isolated,which means that most jDevs don't give a fuck about western journalists so what did journalists do? they started creating as much negativity around those games as possible.Since most of them don't sell great outside asia western negativity could turn the game localization financially unviable.

As as consequence japanse dvelopers either don't localize their games or censor the shit out of it(outside of a handful of devs like the seran kagura ones).

The gamergate thing was inevitable.sites like Kotaku were every single week making articles about feminism and other liberal ideas and people were pissed because you don't go to this place to talk/read about those thing.

Deep down people knew what was happening and they were just waiting for an excuse to point all this shit out.The five guys at zoey incident was the excuse they need to go out and say "I'm seeing all this crap you doing! Back off!"

With Trump america show that they are more to the right then the loud sjw lead people to believe. Especially gamers. Some developper believe lefty shit but commercial people will notice that sjw don't buy game. 2017 will surely see less self censorship.

You got me. I shave evreyday to work but I wear my beard on the inside.

trump doesn't give a shit about video games and that's a good thing

>Some developper believe lefty shit but commercial people will notice that sjw don't buy game.

It's not just games.Marvel is pandering for these people and the sales are dropping.

These people hardly consume "Geek" content regardless of how "friendly" the content is.

Not really, but it made a lot of gamers less apologetic.

Trump only cares about his (((master's))) bidding

Comic books have always been terrible in this regard, ie. half mexican half black mexican spider man written by a big Marvel JEw

or what about Annie with a black girl? or the new Oz with a black girl? In obamas america all white culture and clasics have been raped

Trump don,t give a shit and that is great. Hilary would have censored ton of stuff and add the movie race quota in game. Trump election show that the average american and the geek aren't for the lefty agenda.

I don't know when gamer gate happened, but george zimmerman was my media red pill

(((MASTERCHESS)))

GamerGate was great because the SJWs who were trying to pull all that shit are all total amateurs. These underachiever social studies majors went all out rotten and played every deceptive card they had, attacking the most useless target while having the most immaterial and hypothetical goals, to the point where even the most lazy apolitical hedonists were able to learn what people like this are like.

GamerGate was basically a tutorial course on how to deal with evil media, and for all it's worth these people got nothing done. Sure they got paid and people like Anita and Zoe succeeded in conning people, but other than that the only impact of all that bullshit is a couple game companies made some bad decisions, and that everybody learned how bad the media was and how to ignore it.

there are many of us. I happen to know a lot of people like us spend most of their time lurking, that is our nature; but we are observing and our opinions often end up very similar. Even though I live in Commiefornia, I was talking to people about why Trump may win; after I gave my reasoning I explained "I have a very average mind" to which they laughed.

But the truth is I do. Whenever I have an opinion I know there is a large and silent group that have exactly the same opinion (often one that is very centrist). It's empowering really, I feel like the eye of a God.

>implying gamers haven't always been shitlord white male racists
survey's and data collection have been made irrelevant and obsolete because of this holy revelation

I've watched the same metalhead bitch about videogames since before fucking skyrim came out. He always only talked about video games, or how shitty video game """"""""""Journalism""""""""" is. I haven't seen anything he's put out since before the whole gamergate shitstorm. Just the other day I decided to check and see what he'd uploaded since then, lo and behold he's boarded the trump train-
youtube.com/watch?v=gpVHkrFdx1Q

This is insane to me. Just a year or so ago he was insisting video games could benefit from feminism, and now this year he's calling them a bunch of liberal cry babies. It's like the left shit the bed so hard that all but their most extreme supporters have abandoned their cause and gone full 180 just to spite the remaining cucks. Christ knows I have.

>was insisting video games could benefit from feminism,
seeing as they get paid to garner clicks and subs, cuurent and controversial affairs will always top their agenda
aka the shekel kike

biggest impact (albeit a slight spinoff) was denton and gawker getting hulkfucked

That maybe true, but I doubt it's the case with this guy. He makes his videos mainly for the sake of ranting about how shitty games are nowadays. If he was just acting in order to get paid, I doubt he would have so many controversial opinions about the games he reviews

they couldnt make good games anymore so they started pandering

Gamer gate was an entry-level red pill into the way the media works together to push the narratives they are told to push. It scratched the surface that conceals the fact that there are no accidents in the media -- if they are pushing a narrative or supporting a project it is because their masters told them to. Mostly Jews got butthurt because it made people look past the official narrative routinely which threatened to expose the dark secrets behind "Arab Spring" and such psy-ops.

>controversial

Its entertainment. All the guy does is rant and be the edgier twin to AlphaOmegaSin

Same but I was banned from posting here after asking WTF GG was. m00t officially lost his shit and just didnt want to hear any of it. In turn, Sup Forums ended up getting more and more leftys from Reddit and Tumblr.

Neoliberals can't tolerate any form of media that doesn't push their agenda. They control TV and movies and music and most of the "free press"; but they didn't control videogames and that couldn't be tolerated.

Videogames weren't even a right wing genre by any means (its always been a little left) they just weren't pushing the neo-liberal agenda so they made a big push to push social justice and feminism on a bunch of people who just wanted to have fun and the people revolted.

>razorfaggot
I'm on my phone at work, so I don't have an adequate image for my disgust.

asian loving "gamers" are just turbobetas that had to step down and justify it.. :-DD

Hello.

>asshurt Sup Forumsirgin detected

I think what annoyed me was that they didn't include girls because of "muh realism" but included blacks. To put this into context there were estimated more child soldiers in ww1 than blacks and women yet they never got a mention.

This bitch makes me so angry.
youtu.be/Afgtd8ZsXzI?t=12s

Yes, but game *designers* are overwhelmingly left-wing, which is why so many popular titles are now failing due to lack of support. Just look at what's happening to Overwatch. Tracer is gay, and the sexiest characters in the game (Dva, Widowmaker,) still haven't gotten holiday skins yet.

WELL YA KNOW SOMETHING MEAN GENE, THE BIG BAD GAWKER THOUGHT HE COULD MESS WITH THE HULKSTER AND EXPLOIT HIS PAIN FOR PERSONAL GAIN, BROTHER! BUT THESE HULKAMANIACS OUT HERE KNOW THAT I THRIVE ON PAIN!I'VE NEVER BACKED DOWN WHEN THE HEAT IS ON. AND NOW THAT I'VE DROPPED GAWKER FOR THE 1 2 3, THEY OWE THE HULKSTER 115 MILLION, JACK!

BUT Y'KNOW MEAN GENE, IT WAS NEVER ABOUT THE MONEY! IT WAS ABOUT ALL THE LITTLE HULKSTERS! IT WAS ALL ABOUT THE LITTLE HULKSTERS WHO POST EMBARRASSING LITTLE MOMENTS ONLINE! ONE DAY THEY COULD BE A PRESIDENT, OR A CEO, OR FILLING IN FOR THE BIG HULKSTER HIMSELF, RIGHT HERE IN TAMPA FLORIDA, WHEN GAWKER COULD TAKE THOSE LITTLE MOMENTS, AND USE THEM FOR THEIR OWN GAIN!

WELL BROTHER, IT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN! BECAUSE WITH THE POWER OF THE LITTLE HULKSTERS, THE 24 INCH PYTHONS, AND A 115 MILLION DOLLAR VICTORY FOR HULKAMANIA, YOU GOTTA ASK YOURSELF!

WHATCHA GONNA DO, WHEN HULK HOGAN, THE HULKAMANIACS, AND THE AMERICAN LEGAL SYSTEM RUN WILD

ON

YOOOOOOOUUUUUU!!!!!

>asshurt
About what? He's a cunt and you're a cunt for liking him. There's no drama here, just cold hard facts.

Hello Poland!