I'm tired and angry. Yesterday friend of mine cried on my shoulders because she had cheated on her boyfriend...

I'm tired and angry. Yesterday friend of mine cried on my shoulders because she had cheated on her boyfriend. Today I heard from her that telling him anything would only hurt her boyfriend and that she wants to act mature so she won't do that.

I am disgusted at the level of ingenuity of justification and rationalization people make in modern times just to escape an obvious responsibility (and get rid of cognitive dissonances). Unfortunately I am not without a fault. For example as a teaching assistant I constantly turned a blind eye to students who copied their assignments from web. I justified them in my mind telling myself that for sure they have too much workload et cetera. Now I see that this is essentially the same mechanism of rationalization as in the case of my friend, and that I was just a coward.

I want to stop it, become an honest person who is courage enough to act properly in such situations. However, as I am writing this post, I am looking at my bookshelf and I see there Celine, Pessoa, Kundera and so on - all of them grinned at such an attitude calling it more or less naivety. I have no idea where to look for positive examples of characters having these traits that would not be terribly outdated and foolish. The only thing that comes to my mind is 'The Plague' by Camus and maybe Nietzsche. Can you recommend me some biographies or fiction?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=07Ys4tQPRis
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You know what to do.

>Tell her boyfriend
>Call her a whore
>Cut ties with her

Thats what i did. Whores are absolutely disgusting especially the ones who are not ashamed of it. She will do it again and again.

Tell her bf immediately or neck yourself , spineless faggot

>justification and rationalization

its a spook user

>comparing students cheating on homework to a whore cheating on her boyfriend
She's worthless and you should tell her how much she's pulling mental gymnastics to justify her slut actions.

>having female friends
>being too much of a bitch to call one a whore
>writing a bunch more tl;dr gay shit no one cares about
Suicide is your only option sempai

>turned a blind eye to students copying assignments from the web
I'm more bothered by this. Either confront the students or tell the professor. Write down a gameplan.

Your actions seem more like conflict-avoidance than anything else. If it rankles you, act on it. If the boyfriend is your friend, tell him. If the idea of a person being cheated on makes you feel sick, tell him.

im just gonna shit post

morality is a spook

Ask yourself: What would a man do?

Healing and Transformation by Thich Nhat Hanh has helped me

Over rated. Practically common sense. Didn't everyone realize this when they became an atheist at 12?

Women do this all the time.

Only hurt him?
What kind of bullshit is that?
If she cares about hurting him she would not have fucked someone else.
She wants you to protect her. To let her have different rules than he does.

You should either tell her boyfriend or fuck her boyfriend. Either one is fine.

Why do you have female friends in the first place?

>Thich Nhat Hanh
based

Is this a painting of Gill, from Street Fighter 3?

That's why you have no friends.

I know that you are going to do something dumb because you asked Sup Forums for the advice in the first place.

If you consider her a friend don't tell anybody. Tell her she is full of shit and give her no comfort.
If she is blind enough to not see her own errors it's too late for her. I have "friends" like that.

>cheat on him, because it felt good at the time
>lie about it, so I can keep feeling good
I love how women can double down on selfishness and convince themselves they're acting morally in these situations.

> poland

> humans

> sage and move on

seems like you would benefit from Aristotle's virtue ethics right about now senpai

Atheism is a spook user

Grow a spine.
Your friend is taking advantage of you making you an accomplice in her degeneracy and the students are taking advantage of you by turning in plagiarism. They're all laughing and bragging behind your back about how they tricked you.

Grow a spine.

Your friend is taking advantage of you making you an accomplice in her degeneracy and the students are taking advantage of you by turning in plagiarism. They're all laughing and bragging behind your back about how they tricked you.

Read "Meditations" by Marcus Aurelius.

Why do you give a damn about his social life?

Because somebody must play the good guy?

The hagakure, both the whole thing and Yukio Mishima's commented version.

It actually mentions this kind of thing, too - that some degree of overlooking things is fine and beneficial ("no fish in clear waters"), but if it becomes a general attitude, things will go bad.

What do you mean by this?

That's why you have no friends.

That's like saying that i am single because i am not dating a whore. Have some standards man. A whore is a shitty friend besides being a whore enabler is a bad deed.

That this is the game and your are out of your role by questioning it.

Stop breaking the 4th wall or they player will find out.

tengan toppa gurren lagann will help you understand that you must always strive to live up to your own expectations, and that you have a duty to the people you love to reach the stars and save the universe from stagnation and sin

works best if youre a teenage male otherwise it might not appeal to you as it is very over the top with bravado

If I consider somebody a friend I don't sell her out on the first occasion she confesses her crimes.

You simply proved yourself to be not worthy of any friendship.

I am just fine with not having any friends.

I seek real relationships that are formed through common struggle or similar thinking.

There is no point of befriending or dating someone that is nothing like you.

>I don't sell her out

She just betrayed a man she was intimate with.
What makes you think that she would do the same for you?

Cheaters are worthless traitors.

> I am disgusted at the level of ingenuity of justification and rationalization people make in modern times just to escape an obvious responsibility

Always remember, that poland attacked Czechoslovakia, effectively starting WW2 and activating USSR-Chzechoslovak defence treaty, officially stepping into war with USSR and has no right to complain about anything.

We, on the other side, have all the reasons for your decimation for what poolack commies did to us.

>going behind a friend's back to help some random fucker
Just try to convince her to do it herself, and get better friends if she keeps acting in bad faith.

You say it like I defend the act. People who you deem friend are people who you trust.

Doesn't matter what you did. Somebody turns to you and you instantly make hypocrite out of yourself.
Please preach me about morality form that stinking trench you are siting in.

Your nation is in deep shit because you tolerate this type of behaviour. Women need to be put in their place when they cross a certain line.

The cheater deserves a beating and shaming especially if you are close to her.

She is a woman therefore the ONLY reason she doesn't want her bf to find out is because she thinks that he might get revenge and cheat on her. She does not feel ANY guilt in the slightest.

You do defend the act. You know what she did but you allow her to get away with it. Thats like saying that you do not defend rape but you looked away when someone was raping someone.

Just know that because of you he will continue a shitty relationship and continue to be cheated while she enjoys herself

No she wants to eat the cake and have it too.

She wants a stable relationship while she rides cocks. She never thought about him fucking another woman.

Any of Rand's books. She purposefully focuses on protagonists like what you describe because she believed that the purpose of art was to bring fourth and celebrate our higher self not focus on the lower and denigrate ourselves. I'd start with Fountainhead but Atlas is also good.

And you tell me to not backstab people why you do exactly that.

I would tell her the truth but not sell out on first occasion. But whatever.
Be as much of a stormweenie you want.

I tried this also and the whore somehow made me out to be the evil relationship destroyer and I lost my best friend. The power of pussy is strong and he should not tell his friend unless he can resist it.

I don't. Trust is number 1. She's betrayed it, that's no reason he should. I'm advising him to get rid of a poor friend, or at least make her try to repent. Well, if she refuses there's nothing wrong about giving her an ultimatum. But going behind a friend's back, especially when they've chosen to confide in you, for the sake of a relative stranger is not a defensible act unless lives are at risk.

Its not backstabbing. You have an obligation to tell the guy and no obligation to keep it a secret.

Just like having a friend who is a rapist and reporting him to the authorities is not backstabbing.

>Celine, Pessoa, Kundera

Basically moral cowards and hack writers. Read Aurelius, Confucius, Aristotle etc.

I lost a few friends over some whore but i am glad i did. Anyone who defends whores is a worthless human being who deseves to be betrayed by someone.

Whore enablers are trash so are whores.

You enable whores and cheaters and so one day the same will happen to you.

Your gf/wife will cheat on you and no one will tell you because whore enabling has become a normal thing.

She wouldn't tell it if she didn't trust you. People don't tell that to random people because they don't act against their interest.
But whoever she confessed to she placed enough trust in. Now you will shove your ass with obligation you actually don't have.
And proceed with betraying that trust.

I already said. Your "principals" are full of hypocrisy. I would even assume that double standards.
You reek of this taught attitude of "fuck dumb bitches am I rite".

OP isnt even here

:3 Huur duur some special pact prevents me from making someone pay for their shitty actions and letting someone be spared from more betrayal.

Moral weakling. You are the type of faggot who would allow paedophilia, rape and other sick shit because you are too much of a coward to put a stop to it.

Yes, if only everyone were as good as me, how easy it would be to make everything right in the world.

They're not. You can't fix people. At best you can carve out your own little bubble, filled with people you trust and who trust you in return. Beats crossing your friend and losing all of their trust. A friend you can't trust is just some clown with a common interest.

Post pictures of this slut so we can no not to date her

Bukowski and Hemingway. Not joking. That will teach you how to be a man.

As I said. You are clueless of what friendship means.

And only solidify my claim that you have no friends and have no moral high ground you are trying to claim.
You don't understand loyalty that you demand form others.

>I know that you are going to do something dumb because you asked Sup Forums for the advice in the first place.

I'm not. I came here after the very same thread got deleted from /lit/. Both you and /lit/ are misreading my post. I'm not asking you about advice about her. I'm perfectly certain about what I will do. I came here for book recommendations.
You may all stop projecting and get back to the topic.

That is a fair point, but it is more or less the mindset I'm trying to escape. If you want to contribute further, then feel welcome.

I'm extremely cautious when it comes to eastern philosophy, but I will try to give it a try.

I appreciate his work very much, but it's actually opposite of what I'm looking for. I don't want to comfort my mind in a stoic way anymore. For the whole life I tried to avoid being judgmental. I was telling myself that life is complicated and full of suffering and always kept in my mind this beautiful song of Swiss Guards from 18th century.

>Our life is a journey
>Through winter and night,
>We look for our way
>In a sky without light.

So I tried to avoid judging how people are finding their way at any cost (and it resulted in such a situations like with students). However, I have enough of that. I see these days more and more clearly that it is not like modern people are struggling to find their ways. They just want so slip through their lives not having any rules whatsoever - to be able to take advantage of every opportunity. With no remorse or punishment.

This seems like a solid advice, thank you.

For some reason I didn't read anything of Rand. I'll try Fountainhead as you recommend.

Yes, when I looked upon my bookshelf I noticed the very same theme you are writing about; 20th century killed the old morality, but we didn't develop anything instead of it. And here we are in the fucking 21st century, where the more cunning you are the more praised as well.

>You don't understand loyalty

Like fucking some other guy behind your boyfriends back? Very loyal.

Such loyal woman does not deserve to be betrayed

Don't read Ayn Rand. That won't teach you anything. Read Hemingway and Bukowski.

>I'm perfectly certain about what I will do.

Force fuck her mouth, call her a whore and never speak to her again?

While betraying a friend who's confided in you is at the very apex of loyalty.

>friend

Its not betrayal if she is no longer your friend

It was a long post. Every part is worth discussing. : ^)

Like not selling out your friend. She didn't betray you.

If betraying is wrong hold yourself up to your own "morality" and don't do it. But whatever.
You are the judge. You are not the one to be judged.

She is a cunt and won't deal with responibilty.

Don't look at copied material, if you don't want to call them out. So you don't waste your time on it.

You don't find balls in books, nigger.

>t.philosophy major

Tell her boyfriend the truth. If you won't do that, then you are a faggot.

You're not a judge. You either uphold virtues yourself or you don't. There's no reason to tarnish yourself for anyone outside of family.

And you're like the tree huggers who think that global warming will go away if they do something merely alturistic while protesting their government from opening nuclear power plants and ignoring countries like china who keep pumping out CO2.
You think that sacrificing your friendship where the other party is willing to share that deep of a secret is needed to solve the degeneracy that plagues everywhere the west touches, even though it does nothing but keeps you feeling like you're doing the right thing.

Reading that was like watching your mind unravel.

Moral gymnastics is a symptom of liberalism. Your symptoms should pass when you shake your illness

Very fond of kupka myself. Good art

>in modern times
>modern times
>modern
People were always shitty dude

You don't really need a philosophy book to develop such a mindset.
Just practice critical thinking and try not to be afraid to voice your concerns and opinions.

There's quite a lot of fiction written with idealistic characters, if you're looking for inspiration.
Red Rising is my personal favourite series, it's a sci-fi story, with fairly deep philosophical and political themes,of a man who tries to uproot a society that has fallen into degeneracy.

That seems pointless. I'm not friends with women because of their ability to be monogamous. The only women I need to be that is the one I'm in a relationship with.

If my friends inability to be loyal to her partner starts slipping over into other parts of her life that affect me or just causes too much drama then sure I'll ditch her as a friend, because she's ruining our friendship and I have my limits for bullshit.

It's not like I'm providing a sexual or emotion substitute for a boyfriend, so it's not encouraging bad behaviour.

I believe that if I have a friend that is fucking up like that, I should be a moral lighthouse and give them the best advice I can when asked. What kind of friend ditches someone when they mess up and come to me for advice?

It's strange isn't it. He speaks like he's a police officer or judge enforcing the moral law.

He's exactly the same as all those SJW feminists who say "Im me, fuck off if you can't handle that!" with handle being his moral standards.

He has no consent of friendship as something different from that. A friend helps raise people up and supports them, not cuts the rope when they are hanging above the abyss.

I don't think he could tell you the difference between a friend and a judge. But here's a hint for him, a judge doesn't do anything for anyone

I'm bumping this thread for any further recommendation with a quote of David Hilbert.

>About a year later, Hilbert attended a banquet and was seated next to the new Nazi Minister of Education, Bernhard Rust. Rust asked whether "the Mathematical Institute really suffered so much because of the departure of the Jews". Hilbert replied, "Suffered? It doesn't exist any longer, does it!"

>paedophilia, rape, and other sick shit is the same as someone being a dishonest whore.

You sound like such a SJW. I'm all on board with your attitude of 'fuck dishonest people' and selling unrepentant cheaters out, but don't go full retard with your argument, there is a big difference in level of severity there.

That said, if it was someone I considered a close friend and they considered me the same, then no, I would not sell them out automatically. Them being my dear friend, I would be brutally honest with them about how much of a piece of shit they are and try to help make them a better person who doesn't make shit choices like that, (maybe tell them to be honest and break up, depending on the circumstances).

I would also keep an eye on them because someone who cheats another, can work their way up to having no problems cheating you, but the keyword there is "CAN" not 'will'.

If they are constantly cheating people they built up trust with, then that is the red flag to look for and keep them at a safe distance. Or wash your hands of them, you don't even have to be a dick, just straight forward, "you cheat a lot of people who trusted you, I think it is shitty, and cannot trust you not to do the same to me".

Always pay attention to how people treat others, (and always keep in mind their relationship or past with that person).

I recommend watching Jordan Peterson's Maps of Meaning lecture series. watch this to see if you'd be interested in his ideas:
youtube.com/watch?v=07Ys4tQPRis

>that's why you have no friends

You want to be friends with degenerate whores ? If she's willing to cheat on her boyfriend and not tell him to spare his feelings, imagine the shit she has talked about you to your other "friends" behind your back to "spare" your feelings. Stop being a bitch

yeah we know that too. anything new?