Is electronic music degenerate?

Opinions on the genre Sup Forums? Does it produce faggotry or can it be good? Pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HkGwMfD1GEw
youtube.com/watch?v=ROyw4J6NrH0
youtube.com/watch?v=kEVUX8FI7zs
youtu.be/3i5mIElWljA
youtu.be/Dfuq5wJNt_k
youtu.be/q5tbN5IGgO8
youtu.be/Zl0rP0zZ1Gs
youtube.com/watch?v=_JBR1Gzcb8E
youtube.com/watch?v=aS0rX4rMx9E
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkTZjVd6Honf5Y7h9_tqxoiywD2KHZimK
youtube.com/watch?v=u-BI1Snk7eU
youtube.com/watch?v=bdxbpGWSubM
youtu.be/epDaOafHX_A
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHRwdSj084NWgKgzg9NAKMcFiwYSjuAB4
youtu.be/keXzMoaYHA4
youtube.com/watch?v=bGByDwiiECw
youtube.com/watch?v=V8NHSeUa4bs
youtube.com/watch?v=1RB3ZGYTTl0
youtube.com/watch?v=yT0gRc2c2wQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ihyQf8mww3o
youtube.com/watch?v=5DDEl7JnWvo
youtube.com/watch?v=Wobxiik9z2s
youtube.com/watch?v=FLcUC3eULZo
youtu.be/Hy-T8QNLjW8
youtube.com/watch?v=O1DX9Wjeh9k
youtube.com/watch?v=OHWGyteJjpk
youtube.com/watch?v=HGzZ4SjFOLI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=xl57zQsAeTc
youtu.be/3wPbNf1jhzM?t=338
youtube.com/watch?v=9imCm6CrNZ8
youtube.com/watch?v=eypbpgMgpWM
archive.is/jJ9q9
youtube.com/watch?v=Z7MC8Lw5e9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Sd0zY_DYxjE
m.youtube.com/watch?v=W0cEPZJO0bI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=arc-FTNW-xI
m.youtube.com/watch?v=wa3qqfgp1Ns
m.youtube.com/watch?v=8ecE1UML1q8
youtu.be/I3z7KKoXSLQ
youtube.com/watch?v=sm8UYLTbGWg
youtu.be/hdbeeWV1N5A
youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE
youtube.com/watch?v=FINwufXxaME
youtube.com/watch?v=xPzhRSYq3JE
youtube.com/watch?v=QQo1ZblkTaQ
youtu.be/AddKc1OVtL4
m.youtube.com/watch?v=FFfFypX1eKM
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's litterly the only non slave music

all music is degenerate

This is like asking if "instrumental" music is degenerate.

It depends on what you're doing with your instruments, and you're an idiot for asking such a broad question.

it's haram and jewish

Very much. Either you get some good music or it's literal trash no ear should fathom

Shamelessly self bumping

In a safe, pure white Europe, it is harmless and lots of fun.
Unfortunately in these treacherous times we cannot afford to have our youth be using drugs and living for party culture. It makes them apathetic about what is happening.

Dance music is something the youth shouls get to enjoy, while responsible older people run the country and keep them safe. But this is not the case. They are being betrayed. They need to dedicate their time to empowering themselves through all avenues.

Robot

Human
Human
Human

electronic music gave us this "masterpiece"
youtube.com/watch?v=HkGwMfD1GEw

Let's not forget this modern electronic masterpiece, given to us by Australia.

youtube.com/watch?v=ROyw4J6NrH0

Techno is red pilled

Mashallah takbir, conquer europe

Sup Forums loves shitty electronic music because it's irregular melodies and isn't accessible but is not actually good

Post god-tier electronic music

youtube.com/watch?v=kEVUX8FI7zs

It's really good.

The computer lets you do anything, anything good about any other genre can be captured by a computer.
Everything we enjoy about music is just complex patterns of numbers that can be understood and be replicated.
Skill with an instrument is made irrelevant and the actual music becomes what it important.

youtu.be/3i5mIElWljA
youtu.be/Dfuq5wJNt_k
youtu.be/q5tbN5IGgO8
youtu.be/Zl0rP0zZ1Gs

youtube.com/watch?v=_JBR1Gzcb8E

you're welcome

youtube.com/watch?v=aS0rX4rMx9E
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLkTZjVd6Honf5Y7h9_tqxoiywD2KHZimK

Any music without lyrics can't possibly be degenerate.

Hiphop old head here, modern hiphop is by far the most degenerate music.
It is literally a cancer that brainwashes our youth about life being all about "get rich and fuck hoes. Shoot da bitch ass snitch nigguz. Fresh as fuck in mah Benzo on dem 26 inches Lorenzo"

I noticed an immediate change in personal mood once I switched from mainly listening to hiphop and going to electronic house music

desu I unironically enjoy this new wave of internet EDM, it sounds really uncanny, off kilter and unsettling

youtube.com/watch?v=u-BI1Snk7eU

Everything is degenerate

Its not music if its made on a computer.

that's some sweet tunes

youtube.com/watch?v=bdxbpGWSubM

Why would you say something so illogical?

Computers are just as much of an instrument as a guitar or a piano, user. In the end you're still creating melodies and combining sounds.

youtu.be/epDaOafHX_A

my entire youtube playlist because I am leaving now
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLHRwdSj084NWgKgzg9NAKMcFiwYSjuAB4

all music is liberal faggotry. In fact, all art is liberal faggotry.

cheers dude, thanks for sharing

>not liking Igorrr

Are you gay?

> guitar or a piano

These require years of practice and skill to master. Anyone can push buttons and make electronic noise.

Its conditioning you for the robotic taker and the merge of man and machine.

We will never have back the great europop of the 90's or the progressive vocal trance of the 2000's.

youtube.com/watch?v=7KbGJcxenDc

youtube.com/watch?v=DZ8PfXOV1fU

youtu.be/keXzMoaYHA4

Igorrr's a poor man's World's End Girlfriend anyways and caters to the lulsorandom crowd.

You do realize that playing a piano is essentially just pushing buttons, correct? This video proves you wrong on so many levels by the way.
youtube.com/watch?v=bGByDwiiECw

Igorrr makes excellent music. His attention to detail and ability to incorporate a wide variety of musical styles into a single composition is masterful.

around the world around the world around the world around the world around the world around the world around the world around the world around the world around the world around the world around the world around the world around the world around the world around the world around the world around the world around the world around the world around the world around the world around the world around the world

It depends on what you compare it to.
youtube.com/watch?v=V8NHSeUa4bs

I dont agree with you.

Nah, it added like a new dimension into music. I mean how else can you create such complex and "unnatural" sounds without a computer/synth?
It's like paintings of dreamy landscapes or buildings: you know they aren't real and can never exist under our physical laws, but they still trigger emotions in you

also pls don't shit-talk Daft Punk ok thx

True, but looking back, these musical symphonies are timeless classics

youtube.com/watch?v=1RB3ZGYTTl0

OP a lot of electronic music is degenerate but the good stuff isn't.

youtube.com/watch?v=yT0gRc2c2wQ

youtube.com/watch?v=ihyQf8mww3o

youtube.com/watch?v=5DDEl7JnWvo

ITT: degenerates

Electronic music in general is very hard to define since it's by far the genre of music with the largest variations of style to the point where it all boils down to personal taste, much like rock.

The Field isn't degenerate.
youtube.com/watch?v=Wobxiik9z2s

Techno is divine.

I mean look at those skills.
youtube.com/watch?v=FLcUC3eULZo

And don't tell me anyone can do this, synchronizing pieces of music and making good transitions is really fucking hard.

just la la la it goes around the world

I guess my tastes are a bit more pop. This one is a bit too slow moving for me.

Last I heard of the style I like was about 2012 maybe with Kyau and Albert

youtu.be/keXzMoaYHA4

I do miss those female vocal stylings from the 2000s

youtu.be/Hy-T8QNLjW8

Low skill, High popularity from a musician standpoint.

It's a meme the "Artists" are getting away with murder.

>Practice guitar every night for years, my fingers become callused over the years from the strings.

>My hand, fingers and eyes all have to talk together, making mistakes over and over and over as my fingers don't do what I want them to do. Become frustrated at times but I keep trying and be patient.

>Carefully watch and study the greats, their techneique and why they do the things they do to create their sound, in awe sometimes at the skill of professionals, come to admire the greats of music.

>Admire heavier genres, the precision, speed, the melody and complexity of it all.

>Makes the power of the music so much more enjoyable watching them play with such ease

>Just happy with the fact I can play along with them while I listen, have a feeling of love when i can finally play a solo or a difficult riff while listening to the song.

>Electronic Music

>Some faggot puts some electronic sounds together on a computer

>People suck their dicks endlessly.

Fucking kill yourself. My sisters boyfriend says he is a "DJ" and all he does is press next on disks on his turntables at parties, and now is considered a """"""musician""""""

Its fucking annoying, they are getting away with murder.

While we're talking about electronic music, anyone knows where I can find something that sounds like the drums starting at 0.48? I love these to death.

youtube.com/watch?v=O1DX9Wjeh9k

It's vapid vexation of the spirit. Everyone who listens to it is a soulless hedonist.

Only non degenerate pop music made now.

youtube.com/watch?v=OHWGyteJjpk

White man's music, lad

Finally someone gets it.

generic hipster tier desu

Better than hip hop.

>BoC is generic hipster

apply bullet to forehead

this has nothing to do with computers. There's plenty of people who learn Wonderwall on the guitar and call themselves """musicians""". People overexaggerate their abilities in all aspects of life.

Most of it is shit but there are some really good tunes.

This.

Electronic music is for faggots who wanna get massacred at a nightclub and weeaboos.

Favourite electronic album of last year, really fun stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=HGzZ4SjFOLI

m.youtube.com/watch?v=xl57zQsAeTc

And look at this techno combined with classical music :

youtu.be/3wPbNf1jhzM?t=338

Bassnectar fans are the modern equivalent of deadheads
also, people who exclusively listen to edm are universally boring. How do you only listen to edm?

you wot m8?

Every artist that were on Hotline Miami are god tier

youtube.com/watch?v=9imCm6CrNZ8

It is extrememly dicfficult to pretend to be skilled at a string instrument or singing. People can pick up very quickly if you are shit.

There is heavy vetting of this using a computer to cut/paste things together, instead of having to mentally keep time, keep in tune.
Electronic music is performance without having to physically create the music yourself, its a scam from a musicians point of view.

I never played Hotline Miami lad, I discovered Perturbator because I really liked his black metal and death metal bands.

>tfw an aussie makes the best post ITT
Good on ya mate.

youtube.com/watch?v=eypbpgMgpWM

How is it not?

>archive.is/jJ9q9
EM is a psyop started back in the day by the CIA. They pass out schizo drugs to everyone and flash lights at them. Same shit as was going on with the Dead. It's a pysop.

Fun though on rare occasions.

I don't mind me a bit of pop either

youtube.com/watch?v=Z7MC8Lw5e9Q
youtube.com/watch?v=Sd0zY_DYxjE

m.youtube.com/watch?v=W0cEPZJO0bI

I strongly disagree. Anybody can put notes on a sequencer and make a shitty electronic beat. What sets good electronic music apart is using the synthesizers and sequencers to compose rich and complex music.

Not all electronic music is Martin Garrix.

The music itself, not so much. I enjoy it thoroughly, artists/producers like Morgan Page, Kaskade, Blackmill, Andy Moore, Above & Beyond, etc. However, the culture that surrounds the genre's are extremely degenerate. I don't associate with those types.

The things you think are just random bad side effects are actually the intended effect.

EDM is just the next round of MKULTRA mind control. New generation, new music, same drugs and flashing lights.

It's not harmless fun at all. I lived it for quite awhile. It's a worthless waste of time at the best.

Very true. All my EDM friends are serious drug addicts

Sounds like neuro funk

m.youtube.com/watch?v=arc-FTNW-xI

Have you learned to play an instrument before?

Maybe you aren't grasping the sheer amount of time it takes.

This is by design. I'd recommend listening to some Gnostic Media.

The Dead were an MKULTRA psyop just like EDM is for the new generation.

Schizo drugs and flashing lights. The brainless idiots following the dead were created on purpose and so are the brainless idiots following all the new hot shit.

Plus Bassnectar has a large satanic bent. I came up with that shit back in early day of EDM.

It's there to purposely mess people up.

that's the worst thing about it. Every couple of weeks there's some kids who die because of drugs at these events. Seeing the ambulance collecting some passed out raver was common too. In some ways it's a rite of passage, some survive and some don't

Fuck yeah, good shit. I'm really into (vocal) trance and house in particular. I especially love listening to that stuff at night, sometimes while looking out at the night lights.

Yes, except eurobeat and synthwave.

How comfy is this song from hotline Miami?

This one is so Americana I love it.

Sun Araw - Horse Steppin m.youtube.com/watch?v=wa3qqfgp1Ns

Also, shout out to outlaw country which is inherently red pilled m.youtube.com/watch?v=8ecE1UML1q8

not my style m8
youtu.be/I3z7KKoXSLQ

JEFF FUCKING MILLS LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

Yes I have learned to play an instrument. It takes years of hard work. All I'm saying is that if an artist puts the same effort into mastering synthesizers and other electronic instruments his art isn't any less valid than somebody who masters the trumpet or piano.

Look at artists like Jean Michael Jarre and Vangelis. These guys were steeped in music theory and experimented with synthesizers back in the 70s to make some gorgeous pieces of music.

You do realize that it takes time to learn how to make proper electronic music, too, correct? Do you unironically believe some random pleb could sit down and write something like this with zero experience on how to write music, which was entirely made on a computer?
youtube.com/watch?v=sm8UYLTbGWg

Also I can play two instruments myself lad, drumkit and bass. I'm aware how time consuming it can be to get good.

I like Morgan Page, some of Kaskade, some is a bit too generic-sounding for me, never heard of Blackmill, didn't like that Any Moor(e)? track that was linked
and a big fan of Above & Beyond. I feel like a lot of the best content for me was 2004-2012 and its kind of stopped since du.bstep derailed everything into EDM.

synthwave is based
youtu.be/hdbeeWV1N5A

youtube.com/watch?v=cU8HrO7XuiE

A masterpiece

I don't think you know what Americana means.

Synthwave is Sup Forums approved.
It's simply the best electronic music there is.
youtube.com/watch?v=FINwufXxaME

Try this from Andy Moor, This one launched me into his stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=xPzhRSYq3JE

Blackmill is pretty good too, but (s)he is more relaxed kind of stuff.
youtube.com/watch?v=QQo1ZblkTaQ

this guy gets it

youtu.be/AddKc1OVtL4

Oh, I should also add, The Thrillseekers are good too. UK group.

>still in my head

m.youtube.com/watch?v=FFfFypX1eKM

>Do you unironically believe some random pleb could sit down and write something like this with zero experience on how to write music, which was entirely made on a computer?

No, i don't.

I think I see actually performing and creating music with instruments as a final stage of a "write of passage" after blood sweat and tears of hitting wrong notes, having bad habits with your fingers and brain with muscle memory etc.

I don't mind shit like this one that you posted, I can pick up on the skill here.

But I think we are both in agreement about the electronic music I'm talking about, the commercially successful rave type shit that every teen is pumping out on facebook.

I'd imagine this type of shit is on the fringe aspect, since its highly skilled.

So much of this is finding the right mix. There can be artists who I only like one remix of one track of theirs. I miss BPM on XM in the 2000's they really stacked up to what kind of music I like,