Please explain to me why total surveillance by intelligence agencies is bad

Please explain to me why total surveillance by intelligence agencies is bad.

(note that Im not stating my oppinion on that, I just want to hear different argumentations)

Heil Merkel.

>how it must feel to be this retarded

Absolutely nothing wrong with it, the BND is surely trustworthy and not actually letting ISIS attack Germans on purpose.

The people who watch me sleep and read the sexts I send to my qt gf are probably never going to be coopted, it's fine.

The problem is that governments can make up bullshit laws any time that have no function other than that they can be violated. Such laws already exist btw, against "hate speech". Normally the government doesn't give a shit if people violate such laws, but when someone threatens the status quo, he or she can be dragged before a court in an instant. Mass survillance essentially provides blackmailing material for the government.

Furthermore, mass survillance, or even the suspicion of it existing incites people to self-censor even on supposedly legal or trivial topics.

On one hand I think it undermines the privacy of the average citizen, on the other, it would probably prevent some acts of terrorism.

Total government surveillance is just another stepping stone on our way to fascism (something I'm not entirely opposed to if it was a Nationalistic sort of fascism for countries with European heritage).

There's nothing wrong with it! You should obey your government like the good goy-- guys you are.

freedom and intimacy come to mind, shill.
Would you please fuck off now?

Go eat a croissant, you fucking frog fucker!

Government was never supposed to be God

Okay Im sorry. That was rude.

vule vu coucher avec moi ce soir?

Daily reminder that for a Spezi and a bag of Walkers you could force your superior American Shaft up this flower of Hamburg's anus and stir last night's Frikadeller

>those who would give up essential liberty for security deserve neither

You cowardly child

don't you have some Syrians to suck off?

>explain to me why letting people you've never met watch you 24/7 and know your deepest, darkest secrets is bad
Gee, sage.

The tighter authoritarian control becomes, the more citizens will undermine and work to remove it.

>society is destroying mankind so it comes as no large surprise that mankind is now destroying society

I fulfilled my daily mandatory Novo-German service already this midday.

I also did a few extra blowjobs so I can take the sunday off to visit my dying grandma in the second class hospital.

I wish she was put into the first class one but its already full of cultural enrichers.

>unironically cucking out

Please dont hit me?

Get your shit together Hans. It's almost as if you never were once the pride of Europe and cousins of the glorious Anglo.

The rules can change. Example: It's much easier for an evil government to do a civilian gun roundup if they already have a list of who has guns.

In any automated system, there are bound to be missteps, but regardless, people are not allowed to be personal judges, and may just start engaging in self-censorship to avoid being judged unfairly. Example: Man who stops at bar every night is considered an alcoholic, even though he has never had a sip of alcohol, he just goes there because he likes the food. If his "alcoholism" has a bearing on whether he gets to keep his driver's license, he may stop going to the bar altogether.

You need privacy to break bad laws. If your rulers decide to go full genocide, and your kind is the target, you need to be able to hide what you're doing.

It's a basic human expectation. It's why you close and lock the door when you go to the bathroom; It's no secret what you're doing in there, but regardless, you don't want anyone barging in.

So how do we counteract? Do we forbid such programs to be used or to be remove instances such as intelligence agencies alltogether?

Your laws already forbid the BND from doing that stuff but they did anyways with the NSA.

At this point drastic action is the only solution.

Be as openly offensive and brash about literally every possible thing ever. Big brother doesn't know if I'm a radical jihad, a Nazi, or a progressive liberal who just plain hates Jews. They can't put me in a category because the memes flow too often. I don't curb the Jew hate though the powers that be need to know their days are numbered.

Because they'll drown in quantities of intelligence of such a scale that they can't handle it intelligently.
You know, kinda like how the KGB's paranoia left them with stores of data that are mostly unexplored even now. And mind you that while intelligent algorithms are nice for detecting the predictable, the common, etc. they tend to fail spectacularly for those events that are truly extraordinary, effectively making them the best tools for kicking down open doors and stating the obvious but mostly useless if you want to find that one poorly defined threat you just can't get a handle on.

>Why should I resist giving the state more powers that it will eventually mis-manage and make a series of stupid decisions that collapse all of society
I'll give you credit for having more than 1 post by your ID.

Do you trust government employees?

But racism is actually illegal in Germany. I will be fined, put to jail and publically shamed by the media if I were to openly do such things.

As an user on the internet, sure, but the masses dont lurk Sup Forums and all the other realms out there. So what can the everage, non autistic, Joe can do outside the safety of the webs?

It doesn't matter if it's good or bad anymore. Total information awareness programs are analogous to nuclear weapons programs, once the endeavour exists you cannot be without one, since you have competitors who will only use that time to develop their capacity and outclass you.

It's too valuable a resource once it exists.

the chilling effect

Its to much power. At first they will only target criminals over time they will begin targeting smaller offences then finally political opposition. If you give a man the power to track everyone and learn their secrets they will abuse it. Sooner or later they will use those secrets for blacmail and to strip people of their freedoms.