Mfw big oil shills got right wing on their side

>mfw big oil shills got right wing on their side

>mfw they criminalized renewable energy

>mfw americas missing out on the next big thing because they don't want to seem unamerican because of the oil shills

buy solar panels faggots it literally saves you money
This isn't about climate change its about waking you up from the delusional sleep oil shills have you in

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/solar-panel-makers-grappling-with-waste-2013-2?IR=T
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

renewable energy is weak and unreliable

Solar panels are a meme coal is making a comeback

>tfw the frogs lead the world in nuclear energy. like wut?

France doesn't have much coal or natural gas. The choice to go nuclear was conclusive.

>buy solar panels faggots it literally saves you money
Solar power appears like cheaper option only because its massively subsidized by government and because they lie about total cost of installation and ownership.
But government is spending your money, its your taxes and debts that you will have to eventually pay, so no, solar is not cheaper.
If you want cheap energy, ban all "green"/"renewable" subsidies, remove all limitations on oil extraction, remove all artificial international bans like Iran ban and enjoy your ultra-cheap gasoline.

This plus nuclear.

Let's see, today the sun peaked at less than 32 degrees and was only above 20 degrees for 5 hours 30 minutes. Get fucked solar.

Solar Panels are a meme. By the time they pay for themselves, they've already lost 30% energy efficiency. Oh that's right. They're so badly manufactured and inefficient that you need to buy more for when they inevitably fail.

Let's not forget about the ignored environmental cost:

businessinsider.com/solar-panel-makers-grappling-with-waste-2013-2?IR=T

tons of chemicals are involved in the processing of solar panels - and the existing practice is to put them into drums, like other production would... no green miracle recycling.

>buy solar panels faggots it literally saves you money
Solar panels aren't economically viable without subsidies. These are not nuclear plants where high entry costs scare everybody but when they're built, the energy from them is super-cheap. Solar energy on the other hand wouldn't survive if every kWh from it wasn't subsided. Batteries, inverters etc. need constant maintenance/replacement(batteries every 10 years, inverters 25) and the irregularity of power output causes several problems for which there's only one answer - more batteries. I won't get into how dirty lithium mining is(if you hate shale oil then you hate lithium as well) but the problem with it is the same central-planning economies faced.

You have to predict the energy consumption very well if you don't want the whole battery system to either grow the whole time faster than consumption(need buffer and then some more buffer and then we won't waste excess energy, won't we?) or you will get blackouts. Mind you that there are still the same problems with those battery banks as there were in singular sonar panels. Batteries have to be replaced every 10 years, inverters every 25. This is in no way affordable business. People think solar energy is great because you don't have to mine sunlight or gather it in any other way but the maintenance costs are so enormous that only an ill-informed idiot(or environmentalist) would fall for it.
They used to have coal but kind of like British and you, they're out.

ill buy solar in 10 years when it is cheap as fuck.
but for now ill keep using oil/gas thank you very much

>They used to have coal but kind of like British and you, they're out.

we still have the less old surface coal to burn though, pretty good

but yeah the black coal graphite is mostly gone

Coal isn't making a comeback, as renewable is becoming cheaper by the year, even if regulations were lifted from coal which they wont.

Solar Energy is a no-brainer on this planet. The sun is going to shine and it's dumping out craptons of free energy onto our planet.

Modern solar science still has a bit to go, but it's ultimately a question of "when" and "how much" for individuals.

Comeback? Coal never left.

renewables aren't the real competitor of coal, things like natural gas is

So not true if you actually own your own home and plan to live there 20+ years.

> Buy solar panels that cost as much as a small house it saves you money guyz

Again, without subsidies you won't produce enough power to pay back for maintenance of your shit, unless you write to your congressman so much that there will "finally" be a ban to everything but your solar bongdongle, which will cause energy prices to rise and "help" you.

Personally I'd love to see efficient solar panels but it probably won't happen for a while.

The best option is Efficient Solar panels + Nuclear Energy.

Yeah but for those 20 years you're at a deficit. Then after that they lose a significant portion of their efficiency and probably need to be replaced.

I'm just going to wait for everyone else to use solar panels so fossil fuels are cheap again. Get fucked sunfags

would bang the fanny off

>>mfw they criminalized renewable energy
good try retard.

> forgetting that building solar panels is fucking up environment too

But getting off fossil fuels we should.

I will laugh some when Russia/USA are going with fusion.

If global warming was as big a threat as it is made out to be we'd be building nuclear power plants as fast as we could get them up. Instead we're pushing shit that can absolutely not handle base load. It's all a scam.

Not true in the slightest- I maintain my own solar equipment for practically nothing.

Deficit is only about ten years, the rest is gravy. Really depends on where you live though- sunny Texas ftw.

clearly it's not that big of a problem or the western strategists wouldn't allow the developing world countries to pollute a shitton of it

If you're young and buy your own home early in life then install solar panels, otherwise don't bother. This is an awful meme.

A few kilowatts for a few hours a day ain't shit, and doesn't really help much with base load.

Global warming is real, get over it.
Our part in should be weighted more but there is CO2 buildup.

We are releasing accumulated C into atmosphere.

Too bad science I used as propaganda.

do you store the energy to use in the evening yourself, or are you receiving a check from the power company for feeding them electricity?

because the latter is a subsidized business practice

*Our part in it

Buddy, did you really have any serious hope for this one? I mean after the tobacco and the gun industry took a stranglehold of your 'culture' so thoroughly in the past?
I mean i'm not even for half of that shit but i'm definitely supporting these guys that get you guys to do that, Mr. Trump is being the 'free beer' candidate and i definitely intend to get my share of that beer, i mean if not me then another would simply do it in my stead.
So yeah, good luck on that but prepare your anus for another round of harvesting.

burgers are weak and unreliable

Probably the only person in this thread that has bought and installed panels.
I've been living on solar for 18 months now.
The technology is fine. I've had two or three outages after 3 days plus of no sun.

Yeah, solar would be good in the future when we can store power. Panels on homes and batteries to power home appliances when the sun isn't shining is a decent idea (like Elon Musk's Power Wall).

But for grid power it is retarded.

Look at germany, they build massive solar and wind farms while phasing out nuclear energy. Now they are building more peat coal plants because renewable are intermittent and germany doesn't have enough sunlight like Texas to power a solar plant well enough.

Supercondensators, when do we get them.
I want one for my home and one for my car.

Also because France's goverment pays for the insurance and regulation of the plants it is viable.

We're still building new nuclear plants in the USA. But it is harder to than france to get plants built. That's because private companies assume all the capital risk when financing a new nuclear power station. And when natural gas is around, it's a safer investment as gas plants require less capital and less development time (seriously it takes years to design and approve the plans for nuclear stations here)

The question is the environmental sensitivity. Is it 1.2C is it 14C per doubling. If it's 1.2C then we literally can't put enough co2 in the atmosphere to do much damage. If it is 14C (which I saw quoted recently) then we are already fucking fucked.

I see the change here already. I am 45.
And you should look up what is happening with the Arctic sea ice. It is vanishing at alarming rate.

From physics classes you should remember that melting 0 C ice into 0 C water takes as much energy that takes rising water temperature by 22 degrees C. Imagine the stored energy in the water when ice is gone.

This is one step-up point.

And there is albedo feedback because of less snow-ice cover and the snow being dirty because of (coal) burning - less sunlight is reflected back.

Methane release...
Deforestation...

And so on. The picture is alarming when you think about it.

I myself think that we are past of point of no return and we move into hothouse state when Arctic polar isecap melts completely in the summer and gradually we lose grenland icecap and arctic icecap too.

* Greenland

>I see the climate change here already. I am 45

Your internal biases are in effect. Whether or not the changes are real, you're "seeing them" because you subconsciously think of normalcy as what once was, regardless of whether or not that was actually normal.

We have almost no winters.
It shows.

Yes, but is that the result of man made climate change, or natural climate change? Just how much of what has changed is directly because of us?

The snow cover time is lessened a lot.
We had ice roads between our islandd and mainland, now they are gone because sea dos not ice over sufficently.

There is more - tree growth, actual growing season length increased.

Ask rural cancucks how they feel about it.

As I said before - the CO2 in atmosphere is rising and we really do release it into atmosphere.

And we cut down forests which accumulate it to feed breeding nigger hordes.

We do add our share. Do you deny it.

Look at space photographs taken at the nightime over Europe or Northern America.

It should be no-brainer after you see them.

It is a fact that cities have some degrees higher temperature as surrounding rural areas.

Look it up.

I'm not saying we aren't contributing. I'm questioning how much we are contributing. The numbers are largely inconsistent and predictive graphing has seemingly been off base at every turn.

I don't pretend to be knowledgeable about the subject, which is why I constantly ask questions.

>buy solar panels
awesome, with the sunlight we get here I can save 50 pence a year. and that's if I get the panels and installation free.

why would you buy a solar panel when dirt works just as well?

but yeah regulation is slowing growth of net zero technologies

net zero tech works anywhere

I am into this subject for ~15 years now. Reading about it and filtering bias.
And I am convinced it is real.

There are shills who push agendas for one or other side but the actual scientific data and observations show that Earth is warming at an alarming rate.

In addition to human contribution we are coming out of the ice age but we are coming currently out of it at ~2 degrees C higher.

And this is a lot. The feedbacks I mentioned above start to kick in already.

The main concern about the global warming is that if we put to much of our fossil fuel input (and other "contributions") into the system we could have the so called runaway global warming - Earth moving into state when it can no longer support human life.

There will be negative feedbacks at some point to cool the Earth down but will they be enough.

At some point we must into geoengineering anyway, this will be a challenge. But currently we do not have enough grasp on the subject to do it - our knowledge is not sufficent to avoid doing harm when we think that we are doing good.
And the shills wreck the actual development in this field by pushing agendas instead of doing scientific research.

Oh how I hate the shills.