TED CRUZ INTRODUCES TERM LIMITS AMENDMENT

washingtonexaminer.com/ted-cruz-introduces-term-limits-amendment/article/2610799

Other urls found in this thread:

cruz.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=2940
twitter.com/SenTedCruz/status/816392490207027204/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_Five_of_the_United_States_Constitution
cruz.senate.gov/?p=form&id=5
youtu.be/tJAwRTTRdKE?list=FL4WpLtRyzXbDfaPaW0NQKuQ
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/115th_United_States_Congress#Changes_in_membership
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/114th_United_States_Congress#Changes_in_membership
youtube.com/watch?v=19Wpp_HQ6Dg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>Texas Sen. Ted Cruz and Florida Rep. Ron DeSantis introduced a constitutional amendment on Tuesday that would impose term limits on members of Congress, following through on their December announcement about the proposal.

>"D.C. is broken," Cruz said in a statement Tuesday evening. "The American people resoundingly agreed on Election Day, and President-elect Donald Trump has committed to putting government back to work for the American people. It is well past time to put an end to the cronyism and deceit that has transformed Washington into a graveyard of good intentions."

>The proposal would limit senators to two terms (12 years total) and representatives to three terms (six years total). President-elect Trump campaigned on reining in Congress by implementing term limits, though it is unclear if the incoming administration has been involved in the proposal, which comes during Congress' first week in session this year.

>Both Cruz and DeSantis are Republicans.

Does this bill allow say... a representative to become a senator after 6 years, or a senator to become a rep after 12 years?

But regardless, a GREAT step towards draining that danged swamp. Then onto lobbying scum

cruz.senate.gov/?p=press_release&id=2940

twitter.com/SenTedCruz/status/816392490207027204/photo/1?ref_src=twsrc^tfw

other links btw

cruz is a great man

is he, dare i say, /yournextpresident/?

I think we run 8 years of Pence after Trump.

good move. he knows he will get a supreme court spot anyways.

Member when el Rato was a bad guy?

You owe me for this Dahnald.

COUNT TO TEN

No because i'm not a the_donald faggot

What do you think the chances are of getting this ratified? If trump can persuade congress or enough states to ratify it then the "LOL DRAIN THE SWAMP DRUMPF" faggots will be completely BTFO

Also:
>RATified
>Cruz

Fuck Pence, I much rather have good ol' Rato

how to pass constitutional amendment

GIVE ME THE TERM LIMITS CANGRESS

Basically congress has to overwhelmingly vote it in (very large margin)
Or 2/3-3/4 of states have to ratify it (I forget which proportion)

THE TERM LIMITS BARACK

>Fuck Pence

Faggot detected.

>how to pass constitutional amendment
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Article_Five_of_the_United_States_Constitution
So apparently they can have a 3/4 vote in favor in the congress or have it ratified by 3/4 of the states. I don't think congress would vote to lose their own job.

WEVE STARTED THE FIRE DAHNALD

THEYLL COME HARDER THAN EVER NOW

It doesn't matter if he was a ''good'' or ''bad'' guy. What matter is that we memed him into being the shounen antagonist who ends up joining the party to defeat the big evil. From now on the rat has got our back

Cruz is based. This needs to pass.

Huh maybe Ted Cruz wasnt that bad after all. Would have never had a problem with him if he would have just endorsed trump at the RNC.

Congress must pass a single amendment by a 2/3rds vote and then it must be ratified by 3/4 of the states. The other way is by having the legislatures in 2/3 of the states call for a constitutional convention wherein as many amendments can be proposed as anybody wants but only those passed by a 3/4 vote will be adopted.

Also, does this act stop anyone who is currently in, but exceeded those years from running for reelection?

Ted is young for a politician. He will absolutely be around to run in 8 years if he keeps siding with good policy and the will of the people.

no, ex post facto

Yeah it's super fucked. Maybe we should have a clause about it not applying to current members of congress, only those who beat them in an election or take the seat when they retire. I'm sure they'd have no problem fucking over the next generation of psychotically ambitious politicians.

This needs to happen at w/e cost.

Atta boy, Ted! Give 'em hell.

Nice, all those 80-90 year old folks are a bit long in the tooth.

>yfw Donald Trump is like 70

Fuck.

>all senators hate cruz
>cruz gets his revenge by forcing them to vote for their own end
>trump will use bully pulpit to make it happen

Executive order like Obongo

DAHNALD

Vote yes dahnald or else.

>New meme campaign don't let it slide
New meme campaign don't let it slide

We need to email el rato and tell him to amend the bill to only effect member of congress that are elected after the bill is passed. Otherwise it has no fucking chance of being passed. Sure those lifetime members will still be in but then there is at least a chance for a slow drain.

cruz.senate.gov/?p=form&id=5

Spam the shit out of this. Find a fake texas address and write letters. This really needs to happen.

Meme war back on!!

I don't know. It will require immense pressure. This isn't new, any move to do this gets crushed by career politicians. Maybe trump can get this rimmed through but I am doubtful.

Holy shit, he's actually trying to get things changed. Wow. I honestly didn't expect this so soon.

wtf, i'm now a cruz missle

Cruz is the Vegeta to Trump's Goku

The redemption of Ted Cruz has been one of the greatest stories of recent political history.

Even if it does we wont get shit bags like senator byrd in for 70 fucking years. Thank god that pile of shit is dead. I live in WV, a lot of people fucking hate him.

even a broken clock is right twice a day and it looks like rat boy has finally done something decent.

> mattis you faggots

Thats the thing though, with trump and most of all, being elected as the party that will fix things, they have too. They are 100% fucked if they turn back or puss out and they know it.

I would say 24 years total in congress would be best, so 12 in the senate and 12 in the house.
18 years in congress is basically 2.25 full presidential terms, and bumping up to 24 allows a nice 3 full presidential terms.

>shilling for a naturalized citizen, a fucking leaf
a fucking leaf

Cruz is actually a really good Senator and rights advocate. He was just a bad presidential candidate.

SOARIN' TED CRUZ STRIKES AGAIN.

shut up beaner. he's a major uckservative and slave to goldman sachs bankroll.

Is he dare I say it /our supreme court judge/?

Not really. Some of these people have been in for decades and they win relelection without even campaigning because they're household names at this point. But see my other post
Slim chance in hell that you convince a career politician to vote yes on their own firing. But if we make it only for new people the odds are better. We wait for them to die or be voted out and then the problem is solved.

He was hated, despised here long before that even existed. Flipped from Trump's VP to babbling on about how he won't fuck a rat.

That's why he feverishly fights against the establishment and for 2A rights, huh?

Fuck OFF concern troll.

Seems like a political move, makes him look super good and can point to it down the line how uncorrupt he is. No chance in hell this is going to pass.

Soarin' Ted 2024

Silly ted, don't you know smoking is bad for your delegates?

actually, i didn't pay attention to who won in the house and senate. How many of the elected where new candidates?

i have a fun place for congressman to 'hang out' on. ted cruz is such a vegeta, i love it. i wonder who next season's enemy is going to be?

Dude of course Cruz knows that Trump needed a antagonist. He knows that Trump cannot look too agreed with because its healthy for the party and also makes him look principled which sends anyone nevertrump his direction and gives respect from Trumpets because they now will see how he can overcome those differences to MAGA.

The problem with Democrats is they put all their eggs in Obama's basket. When time came to elect again, you had to wholesale agree with Obama or look like a bad guy. Had Hillary disagreed with Obama respectfully the entire 8 years, she would have had crazy amounts of pivot points and gotten Blue Dog and Dixie racist Dems big time as she moved to reform many of Obama's executive overreach.

That is what Cruz is doing now.

Shut the fuck up Sven, nobody calls our Mexican homeboys Beaners except Americans, they are a great people we are currently fucking over so that they build us a wall. lol

> Ted I don't apologize often, it's true. But I am sorry I called you Lyin' Ted. From now on you will be known as Flyin' Ted, like an eagle!

> Dahnald, I....

It's Soarin' Ted.

This will never pass
"Here, pass this and cut some of the retarded power you idiots have off of yourselves or expose to the world how corrupt and worthless you assholes are which will be promptly forgotten in like a month."

It SHOULD pass, but it won't. Meanwhile these people can still vote to give themselves raises or spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for "bike building classes" to teach "team building".

Tax dollars at work.

Best redemption arc ever.

Trump should go to the state of every Congressmen that opposes this bill and shame them on national television and to their voters. Tweet every name.

The problem with that is it's a one time move. You do that and Congress will never work with you again and try to discredit you at every step. Totally worth it desu famalam

I desperately want a Cruz Trump friendship to spark. This is just like my Dragon Ball Z

If that somehow passes it will save the republic

Rest in peace Rato

youtu.be/tJAwRTTRdKE?list=FL4WpLtRyzXbDfaPaW0NQKuQ

This

Literally none. I hate this system. Although in the previous congress there were a few that either died resigned or lost election.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/115th_United_States_Congress#Changes_in_membership

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/114th_United_States_Congress#Changes_in_membership

wait....did the new session start? because if not this is a completely empty gesture and bullshit politician move - the bill is dead if it's not voted on in the current session which expires very soon

Oh wait, I checked. Session ends tomorrow.

This is meaningless bullshit, move on.

rape capital of europe

Why do you morons idolize politicians who fuck and murder children for fun?

Nobody, not even Trump is a good person.

Why can't it be brought to the floor in the next session?

This is it lads, the great happening of our time.

It can, if he reintroduces it. As it stands the current bill dies tomorrow. They don't carry over.

GOAT

Mad Dog 2020

Unless term limit bills can be put into action by executive order and enforced by police , those old fucks will never sign it and sure as hell won't budge from their seats

OH DOOOONALD

youtube.com/watch?v=19Wpp_HQ6Dg

>a lot of people fucking hate him
>vote him in congress for 70yrs
Yep West Virginia edumucation for ya

He's a True Constitutional Conservative TM din skinerytter

Those Bush digits

he's still got to get these faggots to OK the wall, reform immigration, tariffs, and a shitload more
the term limit tactical nuke needs to be held over their heads as long as possible so they comply as often as possible

TED CRUZ 2020 HOLY FUG

You mean like Trump?

it's fucking hilarious

There is reason for optimism given the swift about-face regarding the ethics committee this morning.

Cowards will bend

Nice. Even if there are limits for the House and Senate, doesn't seem like it would be easy to transition to the other.

CRUZ MISSILE INCOMING WITH RAT POISON PAYLOAD.

FUMIGATE THE CONGRESS. YOUR EXTERMINATOR IS HERE.

Good for ted.

He is now back to being /myguy/

Xoxo

Best campaign slogan
>You gave me Marines, I gave you victory in the Middle East.
>You gave me the DoD, I gave you victory everywhere.
>Give me the US, I'll give you space.
Mattis/Batman 2024

that a cuban?

Cruz for 2020?