Finally decided to go to college...

Finally decided to go to college. Whats a good Sup Forums approved major that requires little effort but pays fairly well?

Other urls found in this thread:

gislounge.com/building-a-career-in-gis/
statisticbrain.com/iq-estimates-by-intended-college-major/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Culinary Arts, everyone has to eat.

Doesn't exist you dumb faggot

Go for STEM. Psychology is a joke now so ignore that in particular. Ignore anything that ends in ethics or studies and polsci is kind of a joke now too. If you love language/history you can do those if you're sure you want to be a teacher or professor.

What are your biggest talents?
If none, then accountancy.

Economics and English Literature would be my recommendation.

This. Economics.

Economics is a joke degree senpai

im pretty okay with computers, i torrented maya and im fairly skilled with that along with other modeling programs

ok time for sniff

I'm a philosophy major with no internships but I know that I'm gonna be treading water for awhile after graduation before I can find something that resembles in any way a "career path."

Which is to say that there are risks to everything. You could double major. There's really no "effortless" high paying degrees, but accounting probably fits that description the best -- that is if you want to hang yourself from having such a shit job.

You could do something like hospitality/hotel management or logistics, which fit your qualifications for low effort and high pay, but the opportunities for advancement are pretty limited, so you'll be stuck at ~$60k for a long while.

>true
might as well get your real estate license and a used crossover to drive people around town in

>effortless
>accounting
pick one, retard

Stop telling retards to come here. It's clogging everything up.

Economics is the meme version of applied math.

Don't fuck up and do poly sci like me
>now I study food science. Already have job offers... do stem senpai

you don't need to go to college if you want to do 3d modelling for work. just practice and make a portfolio.

>tfw left compsci for polysci
i regret it every day my friends

nice try but rote memorization and "intermediate" courses being the washout says otherwise

>requires little effort

Intellectually lazy mental midget detected. You can get a psychology degree like the rest of your ilk.

statistics.
learn sql and some other languages and get a comfy job.

how the fuck do i find a job without college, ive been a neet since highschool

Source of this?

College was the biggest mistake of my life. Arguably the only mistake of my life. God speed.

Any business majors here?
What is Sup Forums's opinion on those?

>Whats a good Sup Forums approved major that requires little effort but pays fairly well?

nothing that is worth it takes little effort. If you paid attention when browsing this board you would know that

model a bunch of shit, post it on the internet,
make a resume, look up jobs, apply

You have to actually be good at what you do.

don't lie to the poor man

Look up COTA - certified occupational therapy assistnent. Great money, lots of jobs out there

no, you just have to convince others that you are good at what you do

>Go to Cybrary.it and choose a learning path.
>In the meantime learn a few languages for coding.
>Listen to IT seminars.
>Become Super Russian Blackhat Hacker in the matter of a year.

im in no way "good" at modeling, Thats why im considering college to learn it and then you have the "i paid for college" certificate which make you more qualified right? pic related is about my skill level, made that yesterday

Economics easy af, business majors are a dime a dozen, honestly majors don't matter today as much as they used to. You'll probably end up with a job that has nothing to do with your major, employers just want to see an education on your resume and that you can start and finish something

seeEconomics isn't a joke degree, liberal arts degrees are

Look up what Nicholas Nassim Taleb studied and do that.

they're easier than STEM but still pay pretty well

just be sure to pick a specific field like finance/accounting/logistics/marketing/etc.

don't go for some kinda general business meme degree

and frankly some business jobs are boring so note that

Quitting mechanical engineering to study psychology at a top 10 school (same school I'm doing mech e). Going to do an MA and PsyD in clinical or forensic psychology afterwards. Will get paid way more than an engineer and there is a shortage of psychologists, especially in prisons.

Stay mad autists.

They're aggregated GRE scores, so pretty reliable

The nice thing about being an artist is that your portfolio speaks for itself. You don't need a piece of paper to say that you can model when the models themselves prove it.

Kind of sounds like you want to go though.

>Study hard at home
>Study hard at school
Pick one.

Believe me, you don't want to make an ass of yourself thinking "I'm good at computers".

Do something you actually want to do. I went into engineering purely for short term self interest in terms of employment and salary. Have done well, but it's not interesting. I'm having to force my self to study as I don't enjoy it. Don't make the same mistake.

Trust me I'm an art college drop out I realized my mistake to late! $120,000 in debt and doing pizza deliveries barely surviving. Parents suffering because they cosigned on my shit loan. You want to do modeling practice, practice, practice! Read a book! Watch tutorials! Don't fall for college scam! Kys first! You have been. Warned!

>implying

Good for you nigger, if any of that is true I hope the best. That being said modern psychology is still a joke because it's based in political correctness and feels. I hope you do your part and make psychology a real science again rather than sociology tier garbage

this post may have changed my life thanks user

> tfw studying math and philosophy
Feels good man

Accounting then CPA is sure fire in trump Pres

That actually looks pretty good for someone who hasn't even been taught it yet

Economics

>economics
>a science
Pick one.

lol what the fuck is he going to do with a degree in economics? Nobody is looking for some faggot to sit around and discuss the free market all day

I'm serious faggot, second year mech e.
Psychology is a very large field with a rediculous amount of sub-divisions, many of which have nothing to do with anything you've mentioned, psychometrics and biological psychology spring to mind.
Clinical psychology, though scientific in the sense that it applies the general scientific method, will always remain part art due to the subjective nature of the patients experience and the bond that needs to be formed between patient and psychologist.

Well at least with my philosophy degree I can be assured of my high IQ as I starve to death

I have an associates of science and have completed my minor in Philosophy and am close to business bachelor. If my opinion matters, these people talking about deep shit in math and philosophy are doing the work for you (as philosophy is a group effort). But when you are young devote your time into making money, building status, and being healthy. Capitalism is not bad, cpa's will be in demand. I myself want to do M.B.A./J.D. &do business or tax law, preferably the bad cop way

I'm going business with a specialization in marketing.

I'm also old as fuck (30) and just finishing.

Spent ten years restoring mopeds and scooters I loved it but it never would have made me more than 40k a year or so.

finance, get a masters

ive been playing with blender and maya for months but i feel i cant get any better without help, i dont know where to go

According to my university it is. Bachelors of Science in Economic Sciences.

>I know this feel

Communications and marketing. Make them corporate memes, boy!

>requires little effort but pays fairly well

Get a CS degree. Easy shit that a retarded, dickless monkey could do and you get paid pretty well for being someone's autistic codebitch slave.

On the other hand, if you want to work hard and are an alpha with superior intelligence, looks and social skills, study finance at a top ten b-school, work your ass off and then mold yourself a path into IB, PE or a hedge fund. Bills and bitches, my dood.

accountant here. people in this field are idiots and the work sucks but i make a lot of money at 24 so it isn't all that bad

>tfw bachelor degree in econ and going for masters in finance
Feelz gud mane

Economics is included in STEM at my University. You probably haven't studied Econ beyond Econ 101 or highschool level, but there's a lot of math involved in anything past the 101 level. You probably think
>durr buy low sell high

Do not fall for the STEM meme, I have a PhD in chemical engineering and I've been NEET for 10 months since my postdoc.

bachelor of science in econ is way more hands on adn involves quite a bit of math

bachelor of arts in econ is very theoretical and is worthless

do you have an account at cgpeers ? there's enough tutorials there to last a long time.
gnomon, digitaltutors, etc.

>pretty reliable
can't post source. anyone can build an excel sheet

What about GIS?

gislounge.com/building-a-career-in-gis/

It's an interesting mix between programming, cartography, spatial analysis, database management, etc

Gender fluid non-binary polyamory studies.

what is cgpeers? it doesnt even let you register and the site is blank

Accounting or logistics/supply chain

STEM is useless without a graduate degree. The best you can hope for with a STEM degree starting out is a temp job that pays around $20 per hour. Some engineering majors can do okay with just an undergrad degree, but they are smart and motivates and will go back for an engineering masters and/or MBA

Do medicine like a good boy

Accounting is one of jobs predicted to be greatly effected by automation and computers.

Economics is pretty hard, most people don't take it.
It's way better than 'busniss admin' if you want to work n busniss

thats cause youre PhD not cause youre stem

cs is not easy. unless you have a mind for stem, good luck trying to pass the basic classes

Business admn/marketing double major here
Pretty easy and im learning shit ill actually use
The only nonlibtard profs are in my dept. One's a conservative lady who's worked for actual companies and the other is a "muh roads" lolbertarian who got lucky on stocks/real estate

who /compsci/ here??

its a private torrent tracker for this kind of stuff. registration is open two days a month I believe.

It's from a polling company you low IQ accounting mongloid, I think they can figure out how to aggregate GRE scores. statisticbrain.com/iq-estimates-by-intended-college-major/

This

>pic related

Nigga how!?

Finance and Economics

that was a dumb move. shouldve stayed in stem

OP a few questions for you:

>What type of college are you going to?
>Public, private, 4 year or 2 year?

>4 accounting already
I'll say the same thing too.
But I wouldn't go as far as to call it "little effort" but if you want something easier you'll have to go useless nonsense like sociology.
statisticbrain.com/iq-estimates-by-intended-college-major/
literally the first thing on google

Because ERP systems are soooo easy use as an automation platform. And not like increasing financial regulations over the past 15 years have decreased demand for auditors.

Fucking retards

Upwork / Freelancer / Guru / other freelancing sites.

My best advice for you is:
- Don't ever try to underbid indians/pakis because they are as many as cockroaches in a hoarder's house and as willing to take trash and garbage as one.
You'll never win against them. Always bid high, and make sure to do a great job everytime. (Wise/seasoned) customers prefer spending 1000$ once than 10$ twenty times because the first 19 indians got it wrong.

no idea

what is that like? those are so completely different. what do you even learn in philosophy?

Enginnering is a fukin joke, people on here like to spoat tht sht not realizing thy fell for the biggest scam (((they))) made.all around nj ny here engineers have no jobs or get paid 40-70k while high school drop out programmers are making 70k starting n in 1-3 uears 100k

You're better off going to a trade school

Speaking of good majors, what do you guys think about pre-med or pre-pharmacy? My two ideal career paths are anesthetics or pharmacy.

wtf?? thats weird af. what does econ teach you? legitiment question

Be a Power Engineer.
The job is doing nothing for 10 out of 12 hours of work.

If you can get the certification and are a technical person this job pays insanely well and has near zero actual work to be done.

Lol this is why academia is such a fucking joke today

Electrician

Basically gives you all the analytical background to the world of finance and how the big boys make their money

logic

Is 24 too late to go to school?