Why does America worship the military so much?

>Lost in Korea
>Lost in Vietnam
>Lost in Somalia
>Lost in Iraq
>Lost in Afghanistan
Our track record since WW2 is awful, but "muh most powerful military on earth" sentiment is stronger than ever.
We pour so much money into this shit, yet the result just keep getting worse.
Isn't it time to rethink our strategies?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UC-jGjilot4
globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=united-states-of-america
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Don't forget we also lost the cold war by electing Drumpf.

I'd rather say our military is the best then saying yeah our military is the worst.
It's called pride in ones country.

God these bait posts used to be funny.

you fags are the funniest cunts on Sup Forums. Keep it up you little faggot lmao

Our military is the one of the best, if not the best in the world by technology and size etc. (exclude china.)

On the scale of war though, we've really fucked up in countries and have gotten so many of our soldiers killed for ((((our)))) safety. I'm not a hippie but I do think that it's best let's best to send them back home and maintain a defensive isolationists force. A well trained but not overextended like we are now. Just my opinion. Just tired of our soldiers dying in an irrelevant third world country

>bait pointing out flaws in a flawed system
kys

BBBBBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP

snnnnniiiffffffffffff...oh yes my dear....sssnnnnnnnnnnnniiiffffffff....quite pungent indeed...is that....dare I say....sssssssnniff...eggs I smell?......sniff sniff....hmmm...yes...quite so my darling....sniff....quite pungent eggs yes very much so .....ssssssssssssssnnnnnnnnnnnnnnniiiffffff....ah yes...and also....a hint of....sniff....cheese.....quite wet my dear....sniff...but of yes...this will do nicely....sniff.....please my dear....another if you please....nice a big now....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRAAAAAAAPPPPPPPFFFFFFFFLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPPFFFFFF

Oh yes...very good!....very sloppy and wet my dear....hmmmmm...is that a drop of nugget I see on the rim?...hmmmm.....let me.....let me just have a little taste before the sniff my darling.......hmmmmm....hmm..yes....that is a delicate bit of chocolate my dear....ah yes....let me guess...curry for dinner?....oh quite right I am....aren't I?....ok....time for sniff.....sssssnnnnnnniiiffffffff.....hmmm...hhhmmmmm I see...yes....yes indeed as well curry......hmmm....that fragrance is quite noticeable....yes.....onion and garlic chutney I take it my dear?.....hmmmmm....yes quite.....

BBBBBBRRRRRRRRPPPPPPFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT

Oh I was not expecting that…that little gust my dear….you caught me off guard…yes…so gentle it was though…hmmmm…let me taste this little one…just one small sniff…..sniff…ah….ssssssnnnnnniiffffffffffff…and yet…so strong…yes…the odor….sniff sniff…hmmm….is that….sniff….hmmm….I can almost taste it my dear…..yes….just…sniff….a little whiff more if you please…..ssssssnnnnnniiffffffffff…ah yes I have it now….yes quite….hhhhmmmm…delectable my dear…..quite exquisite yes…..I dare say…sniff….the most pungent one yet my dear….sssnniifffffffffffffffffffffff….yes….

Shit I thought you were commenting to me, my bad faggot

It's a typical characteristic of failed states. You can see it mirrored in places like Chad.

This.

Surprisingly enough our military is fantastic at what it does, we just haven't seen it because the damn politicians always tie their hands.

I'd rather them be here defending the borders instead of some haji country.

Remember, those are your fellow Americans out there being used and abused by the government.

A nation without a strong military is not a nation at all.

Our military is arguably the best and the largest, so it makes sense that we as a society would focus heavily on it.

Because American Politics has softened in the pussy 1960s-1970s and we don't go full Conqueror mode anymore in war times.

We fight more to maintain borders and control land, rather than actually defeating our opponents. We hope they get tired.

Apparently because we love welfare queens as long as they dress in camo.

>Korea
SK remained free, public didn't have the will to continue into the north

>Vietnam
Continued to hold back VC forces until public didn't want to fight anymore. If Johnson wasn't a cuck, could have taken the whole country.

>Somalia
Killed lots of Somalis, civil war still on going.

>Iraq
Saddam was captured and killed, staying behind was a mistake.

>Afghanistan
Still on going, not my fault the president is a retard that doesn't want to commit the forces necessary to win.

We don't care about winning or losing. War is great for our economy and that's really the only reason we start shit. We go somewhere, fight a few savages, leave outdated equipment to make room for advanced equipment, let said savages take the old equipment and start shit, and the cycle repeats.

We didn't lose in Korea, Iraq, or Afghanistan. Korea is a stalemate. Iraq and Afghanistan were globalist blood money wars, but we still won them.

I don't worship anything but our Lord Jesus Christ
Also, sage

We beat the british though

Kinky Sex Makes the World Go 'Round! youtube.com/watch?v=UC-jGjilot4

its our rules of engagement that hold us back

if we went in with the sole intention of exterminating these savages the land would be empty in a week or two

Our wars have been politicized far too much. Strategically we rarely lose, the only time you can make the arguement is Vietnam. The reason we don't win anymore is because sometime in the 60s people forgot that militaries were supposed to kill and win. We don't bomb civillains anymore, we don't kill everyone anymore, we don't WIN. I'm not saying we should be like Barbarians and explicitly go for the civilians, but If our current leadership were in control of WW2 or dropping the atomic bomb, they probably would not do it. Trump said it best. We don't win anymore, because our culture has been poisoned.

>Saddam was captured and killed
All because he didn't want to sell his oil for jewbucks anymore.
>doesn't want to commit the forces necessary to win.
Win what? We invaded a "country" where the people living in it didn't even know what it was called to capture some guy we gave millions of dollars to in the 80s.

But we didn't lose any of those.

>On the scale of war though, we've really fucked up in countries and have gotten so many of our soldiers killed for ((((our)))) safety.

Can't remeber the name of the retired general but he talked about how american military while efficient in destroying its enemies and invading countries at speeds unheard of in military history of the world sucks as a occupational force and in prolonged warfare.

To quote him: "If the only tool you have is a hammer every problem must be seen as a nail"

>but If our current leadership were in control of WW2 or dropping the atomic bomb, they probably would not do it.
Why not? The US is still just as kiked out as it was back then. When jewish power is on the line, Uncle Sambo goes all out.

What is this shit meme?

>didn't lose Iraq and Afghanistan
ISIS and the Taliban would beg to differ

America never lost, democrats surrendered won wars to please their commie masters

The US has a history of removing good generals post-ww2. Not our fault idiot democratic presidents get into war and then squirm when a martial genius says that winning the war is more important than elections

Ok armchair general. What do you propose?

we're the only military in the entire world that has extensive knowledge and experience in actual modern warfare.

Military vs Military, we beat the world hands down. Guerilla warfare and attrition warfare can, at best, result in a Pyrrhic victory for the stronger / invading nation.

Our current leadership is WEAK. I mean the Bush and Obama would not do it. Our public would bitch and whine and shake their heads. It goes back to the Korean War. Our leaders could not convince the public that it was worth fighting. That lead to the counter-culture pushing its pussy ideology that poisoned our nation and still affects it today.
>We can't nuke civilians! Yeah they attacked us with no warning and have committed war crimes, and will cost thousands of American lifes to conquer Japan but we can't just nuke them!

Thats how it would go. We used to be a nation of warriors and soldiers, that could go out and WIN a war. We are now a nation of soft, weak-willed babies.

It took 21 days to baghdad.
It was a race to see who could get there first.

>Lost in Korea
Wrong
>Lost in Vietnam
USA pulled military out and dems in congress defunded democratic govt of south vietnam
>Lost in Somalia
Bill Clinton pulled troops out after Black Hawk Down.
>Lost in Iraq
Everything was fine until Obama did a full withdrawl
>Lost in Afghanistan
Everything was fine till Obama started pulling troops out.
You also conveniently didn't mention the Gulf War.

How to spot a false flag.
Step 1: Look at OP's post.
Congratulations, you have spotted a falseflag

THE SWORD WILL WIN

ISIS was formed out of the ashes of the Iraq war, hence the globalist destablization I was referring to. The remains of the Taliban are pretty neutered. Both wars were terrible ideas that fucked up the middle east, but the original goals were accomplished for better or worse.

> I mean the Bush and Obama would not do it. Our public would bitch and whine and shake their heads.
Sounds like a massive improvement over the 40s, then. What a world it could have been with a weak and sniveling JewSA NOT destroying the world to satisfy their kike perversions.

>Wrong
You failed to oust the Kim dynasty. That counts as failure in my book.

>4x pulling out
Same as admitting defeat tbqh.

God canadians are so annoying

We invaded the North, and the Chinese pushed us back.

You're fucking stupid, Vietnam was a total failure for both sides, dems and Republicans.

Somalia could've been easily avoided, they were sent their to supply famine relieve, and then they decide to try and set up a government, fuckin why?

Bush ordered the withdrawl dumbass, Obama just finished it.

We're still pretty much in Afghanistan though??

Now that you mention we kinda fucked up there too, because we had the chance to get Sadam with actual pretext, invading Kuwait and not nonexistent WMDs, but we didn't take the chance.

I'll agree with saddam. But the UN forced the US to invade Afghanistan to stop the Taliban which were effectively a mobile sharia law enforcing death squad, pretty much a lose lose scenario in hindsight, trying to help Muslims made the situation worse, should've let the Russians deal with it.

I think its something to do with going across the ocean, and the comfortable lifestyle Americans are used too (as the FFL puts it). We want to beat ass and come home. During ht recruiting phase of the civil war propaganda painted it as a summers war, so its been a prevalent thought for a while apparently

Alright nice bait, you took advantage of my naivete, I thought you did want to learn. You wasted approximately 8 minutes of my time and failed to get to rage. Good bait 8/10. Now begone with you.

>pic related: its you

You saying our flag isn't real?

What are you, some kind of pinko commie faggot queer?

>implying
The sword has to shoot another target that is much smaller and moves way to quick to hit. Its why they train police to not shoot to disarm. The gun can just cut the swords arm off first

correct!!!!

i mean...

100000 Globalists vs. pic related
Who wins?

We haven't don shit because we're actually trying to A) Avoid casualties and B) Trying not to start a war with the rest of the goddamn world

If the US were to have a real war against any of those third-world shitholes now, they'd be demolished completely, but the consequences from other nations and are already cry-baby libcuck population wouldn't be fun to deal with

>But the UN forced the US to invade Afghanistan to stop the Taliban which were effectively a mobile sharia law enforcing death squad
How did the UN "force" us to do anything? They don't seem to be particularly effective at forcing anyone else to do anything. We're the ones who put the guys who would become the Taliban on the path to power anyway, and we didn't seem to have too much trouble with their "Sharia death squads" until they started burning poppy fields.

Just be honest for once, you cuck faggot. Kikemerica wanted heroin and it wanted lithium.

>lost in Korea
We may not have unified Korea, but South Korea still exists
Anything after Korea has been a total failure

>Lost in Korea
We gave up because a complete victory wasn't seen as worth it. South Korea, an advanced country, exists because of this war. It is more of a win than a loss. Most people consider it a draw, but that is generous to North Korea and China.
>Lost in Vietnam
See Korea. We gave up. We actually signed a treaty and South Vietnam was free. Then a couple of years later the war started up again and we didn't participate. Hundred of thousands of South Vietnamese perished in the war's aftermath because the communists won. This war shows what a joke liberalism is in America. 100 lives are invaluable when America is to blame. 1 million lives don't matter at all when communism is to blame.
>Lost in Somalia
Eh. We didn't care.
>Lost in Iraq
False. Complete military victory in a short period of time. We didn't magically create a functioning democracy, but that isn't a goal of a war. That was a lie sold by the NeoCons to benefit Israel.
>Lost in Afghanistan
No, complete military victory in a short period of time. See Iraq.

We tried to invade the North, failed, and now it's one of the most destabilized regions in the world. Seems like a fucking failure in my book

>but South Korea still exists
Sounds like a fail to me.

Half our country are inbred idiots.

Sorry not sorry.

it's the best

globalfirepower.com/country-military-strength-detail.asp?country_id=united-states-of-america

I think k the objective in the last few wars wasn't to "win" but to just fuck it all to shit and see what happens.

like they said , if nobody knows what your doing how do they beat you?

ITT: Amerilards in denial

Yes, you lost a bunch of wars.

Everyone fucking knows except a bunch of idiotic rednecks.

Just admit it.

B8 thread, and for the record I'm a pacificist
It's the most powerful because it gets the most funding. Realistically, if actual war broke out where people were motivated to go all out and not use nukes, we would be the safest. One would assume (though no one actually would want to) any other country would have done worse in all those scenarios. The cold war era wars were fought for influence against the USSR. We didn't lose out in the end, the Soviets did. You can tell they're not normal wars or normal "losses" because none of those countries we invaded could ever make it near our capital. Vietnam was disgraceful though.

>Remember, those are your fellow Americans out there being used and abused by the government

>implying the average burger cares about anything other than shekels

>win every battle
>government eventually recalls you
>lost

The military is indeed the strongest in the world, the civilian leadership is usually VERY cowardly and spineless though.

We lost to you in 1812 right?

No. Draw and the treaty was more favorable to American interests.

We already know.

How new are you.

2/10, made me reply.

No one is bad or good, all morality is relative, much like gender for example. Th erefore, having a doctrine, and really even a military force itself that is based upon set atittudes about differing peoples and nations are forms of literal oppression of those various peoples and nation states throughout the world. We need to end war, for it is racist against people of color.

We invaded and they repulsed us, how is that not a loss? Every fucking war ends with a treat you retarded faggot.

Well, I dunno about that faggot, but I was reading your posts. Good insight

You don't know anything about the conflict. Try reading a basic article or two. That is a highly retarded way to look at the war. There were more fronts than just Canada. Also, the war wasn't about Territory it was mostly about Naval shit. America also repelled British invasions of several cities. Finally, America got almost everything it wanted it the outset of the war in the treaty at the end. But yes, Canadians did burn down the White House.

>invade Canada
>humiliatingly repulsed
>IT WAS A DRAW!!!!! I SWEAR!!!!

So in denial that even destroying your invasion armies and burning down your capital, you consider a "draw".

Grow up.

>lost in Korea

Are you retarded?

That was one our main goals, to conquer Canada, and we failed miserably and they in return burned down the white house. Our greatest victory happened after the war was over. America didn't get anything out of the war, the main reason we went was because of impressment of Americans by the royal navy, and that was solved before the war even started. The treaty didn't do anything but maintain the status quo. Although we did defeat Tecumseh, which is something.

US wants X, Y, and Z.
Britain says fuck you.
US attacks Canada.
Multiple battles, British forces win most, but now all.
Britain tries to invade several US ports. Mostly fails.
War isn't worth it.
Treaty gives US X and Y.

Usually victories are more one sided.

>all of those quotes
[citation needed]

How come Canadians never bring up the fact that the White House was burned because we burned their capital first?

I mean, it was tit-for-tat, not "OMFG we're such badasses!"

I never understood this whole mantra of >DURR THE US MILITARY COULD TAKE ON ANYONE

No the fuck we couldn't. We couldn't have a ground war in Russia. We couldn't have a ground war with Mexico, and we damn sure couldn't have a war in Syria.

If we had a 21st century rematch of any of the countries listed, we'd lose again each and every time. Why? American soldiers are very stupid people. You do not join the military if you're an intelligent person. You just don't. Most people that work with the military are way smarter than those who work for the military.

For instance, look at Triple Canopy. A PMC. Or Blackwater/XE/Academi. You think those guys are stupid? No because they get paid a fuck of a lot more to do the same goddamn job as these grunts, jarheads, and boots.

Brits went across oceans and occupied vast amounts of land for years as did the french, dutch and even the Germans. Japan occupied an empire for years before making the mistake of picking a fight with "the sleeping giant".

US has military presence around the globe. You occupied Germany and Japan successfully and haven't left even to this day so obviously its not about the spirit of the american warrior that is at fault here. It's the policies of occupying and backing up governments that are weak, corrupted and hated by the local population that makes them hate fight against US forces in prolonged campaigns. Your military is a "hammer" but your politicians see every problem as "a nail". That's why where ever you go you create Vietcongs, Taliban and Daesh. Atleast after the second world war you guys realized that the only way to make these countries you've occupied into allies is to forgive and to let them build themselves up as they they see fit so that they can see their new society, democracy and governments as their own. Nobody likes or respects a weak corrupt puppet.

I agree it's one of the best but the utilization of the US military is bullshit.

It stuns me how we can have SpecOps missions that end up being 110% successful but we invade any Jihadi country and it turns into Operation Fuck My Shit Up

So the Battle of Mogadishu was actually NOT pointless? As well as the Invasion of Afghanistan? Bullshit

right wing death squads

intentional civilian bombings

enhanced torture methods

more risk taking stop playing it safe & slow

>SK remained free, public didn't have the will to continue into the north

Pushing further North would've provoked the Soviets to take further action and most likely started WWIII. The current armistice was the best outcome to be had. And oh yeah! Officially the war is still ongoing.

>Continued to hold back VC forces until public didn't want to fight anymore. If Johnson wasn't a cuck, could have taken the whole country.

VC had the popular support. The corrupt saigon government had no change to remain in power even with US support. Not without killing significant proportions of the Vietnamese population both in NV and SV. The war was unwinnable from the start.

>Killed lots of Somalis, civil war still on going.

This is how I can determine that your not someone with any command experience nor skill in strategic thinking. You don't win wars by simply killing people. You kill people (if necessary) to achieve strategic objectives. US had very little actual strategic objectives to be achieved in Somalia thus as a conflict it was pointless.

>Saddam was captured and killed, staying behind was a mistake.

Only if consider that the only strategic objective then yes the operation was a success. However the politicians wanted to have a friendly Iraq to ally themselves with the US against Iran. That was a total failure since the government formed under US occupation has been corrupted and weak. Situation was pretty much very similar to Vietnam. A political and military quagmire that was and is unachievable.

>not my fault the president is a retard that doesn't want to commit the forces necessary to win.

Like Vietnam or Iraq you can't win this one by applying force. You need to build better government institutions and democracy to win hearts and minds. The puppets you've placed in power are weak, corrupt and hated by the local population. Without constant military involvement they'll fall as fast as Saigon government did.

SINK
THE
CHINKS

SHANK
THE
YANKS

>We didn't magically create a functioning democracy, but that isn't a goal of a war.

a goal of war is whatever is deemed to be the strategic objective. If the objective is to magically create democracy to where there has been none then that is the objective as in the goal of a war. Admittedly a fucking retarded goal but a goal none the less and thus Iraq was a failure and a loss.

So to answers OPs question:

>Isn't it time to rethink our strategies?

It most fucking certainly is. Your strategies for the past 50 years have been total shit. It's like your generals are trying to lead wars by playing video games. Search and destroy? Wars aren't won by kill/death -ratios, you know? And this is coming from a Finn. We always like to show K/D -ratios from our wars but neglect to mention that we still fucking lost no matter how we try use mental gymnastics on it such as "defense victory" or such made up bullshit terminology.

> - Anonymous

Only the most reliable sources on Sup Forums!