When you realize that Britain was invented by French people

When you realize that Britain was invented by French people.

Other urls found in this thread:

normancenturies.com
youtube.com/watch?v=8fxy6ZaMOq8
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eartham_Pit,_Boxgrove
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogger_Bank
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Britain

just right now

jui jui

Based France.

Normans, yeah?

>"England is a French colony tuned upside down"

Who were by all means French

>French people

Referring to them as "people" is a bit of a stretch.

idk what you really mean by this friend

the french were one of many groups who played a part in the formation of britain

also
>normans
>french
1066 was essentially a load of vikings, viking vassals or viking descendants scrapping over the throne

kek

When you realize you're Anglo-Norman

"England" "britain"

>when you realize both france and england were created by barbarians living in the husk of rome

Britain was invented by Scottish royals. Scotland was invented by Irish people.

England was invented by Alfred the Great, an Anglo-Saxon.

Britain was invented by later Scots kings who unified Scotland and England into one.

Meme.
The Normans were French both ethnically and culturally. Not to mention the fact that at least half of the forces present on the Norman side at Hastings were from various regions of France, such as Burgundy

Weren't thoses "Frenchs" actually Normans? And Normans didn't descend from the brother of Ragnar?

So... they are more Nordic than French

William the Conqueror were a descendant of "Rollo" or "Robert of Normandie".

WE WUZ

I am half Italian half German and my name hails from Normandy

shame you couldn't invent a fishing rod
they were viking descendants which is precisely what i described them as

If France kept winning them why does England still exist? Checkmate Bermuda

the ultimate redpill

>muh bi-kings
people overestimate the historical impact of the vikings. most of what you think you know about the vikings is just romance novel by bored historians.

Their culture was pretty Nordic. They brought primogeniture to England.

Britain loses all the battles except the one that counts.

>being triggered when you realise you were invented by French and Irish people.

Bro, lay off binge watching Vikings

Ireland was invented by niggers. Checkmate.

>France
>Not Roman colony 41

So you're telling me I wuz literally vikingz and shiet ?

That's like the British saying they invented the USA only for the USA to cuck them for a hundred years.

The scoreboard between the UK and Ireland is pretty one sided. They fucked your population so badly you've still yet to recover.

>overestimate
They:
>established several trading posts that would become cities in areas that had little-to-no trade infrastructure
>became an integral political actor in France and, by extension, Sicily
>advanced shipbuilding across Europe
>caused England to centralize and create fortified towns (burhs) and standing armies as a reaction
>reinforced Christendom's sense of itself
>spawned a new era of art in the British Isles
>founded the forerunner to the Russian state
>discovered Greenland, Iceland, and Canada
>created the first form of assembly representation in Europe since Rome (the Althing)

DAS RITE

perhaps they evolved from french people. much like how Europeans evolved from Africans

>they were viking descendants which is precisely what i described them as
Sure, but William was something like only 1/44th Scandinavian, the rest French

They happened to have won the most important ones in the end, and it's debatable if you could call them impressive victories

Most people agree that the biggest French influence on the Normans was the culture, you can see this in their language and religion

SHEIIIT my last name comes from the Normans. Does that mean I WAZ too???

ay yo ol up a second
ay yo check my mixtape first of all then ol up you be sayin we wuz some kinda scandinavian and shieeeeet ? Feelsgood meme

>The Normans were French

>culturally
Yes

>ethnically
No

There's still traces of Nordic DNA in most inhabitants of Normandy today. Remember the invasion of Guillaume was like 2 generations after Vikings settled in Normandy.

You're wrong here. Normans were considered foreigners in France for long into the Middle Ages.
normancenturies.com

Forgot Russia, also the althing was common in Germanic societies since forever; see Germania by Tacitus.

Being named Fitzpatrick doesn't make you Norman

>brother of Ragnar
Vikings is not a historical documentary.
Rollo was about 50 years apart from Ragnar.
And he just mixed in with the Frenchies.

It was a joke and Fitzpatrick sounds like a Irish name. I have the Americanized form of Gervais.

Fair enough

It's a Hiberno-Norman name, anything with Fitz is Norman

Every country vs country thread is so autistic
it's basically roleplay nationalism

What about FitzSnorri?

>Tried to make us speak French
>End up corrupting it into old English.
who invented what?

>t. wuzn't

Top kek

>English/Norman surnames>Hiberno-Norman names

Whaaaat? Why the fuck is the channel called "History" then? Damn I got jewed

>ethnically
Yes, when the Viking settled in Normandy, they brought no woman over so they had to make do with French women and 2 centuries of intermarrying with people solely from France is a lot, also considering the fact that generations were far shorter a thousands years ago. But the time of the Norman invasion of England Guillaume was something like only 1/44th Scandinavian

>Normans were considered foreigners
France had no true sense of unity until many centuries later, it was a very decentralized country the idea of being "french" had no truly materialized at that time

idiot

Middle English dumb yank youtube.com/watch?v=8fxy6ZaMOq8

When you realize France was invented by Greeks, Romans and Middle Easterns

As I have english-norman I have to agree

That makes sense. TY Kiwi.

I only speak old English. Check mate atheists

>tfw you realize English is really just mispronounced French

They all swore fealty to the King of France. Making them French subjects.

This notion of nationalism and nation-state did not exist back then.

Probably just stayed really drunk and slurred and bastardized it.

The english royalty spoke French, so the French words in english are at a better language level than the ones with germanic roots.
Beautiful : high quality compliment
Pretty : peasant tier

You find this in the meat names also, since the peasants bred animals when the nobles ate them.
Pig/Pork

>You're wrong here. Normans were considered foreigners in France for long into the Middle Ages.
so were Gascons but you don't see people argue D'Artagnan wasn't french

probably because rosbifs aren't butthurt about being invaded by Gascons a thousand years after the fact

The Romans dropped prisoners off on the island and said good luck from what I remember

Celts were already around though

Yeah.........
And when you realise all white people came frome the same place.....
Thats why all whitw people used to be pagans and only after took arab religions lol

Chicken/Chicken

;)

>Scotland half of its actual size
every time
It's as though the Anglo can't handle it

We also brought civilization to the germans, and basically created spain

Really? Because I could have sworn that humanoid species existed in England at least 800,000 years ago, long before the French ever existed.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eartham_Pit,_Boxgrove

Nice try but no.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dogger_Bank

Most of the people into England and indeed Ireland traveled this route when the land bridge was there.

Funny.

When you realize Europe was invented by Dutch people

We really don't know the exact history behind Ragnar, we think he was involved in the 845 siege of Paris and we know Rollo was involved in the 885.

Jesus Christ. Tom&Jerry.

>When you realise that England was invented by vikings LARPing as frenchies.
FTFY

But normans were vikings. Celt subhumans got cucked so many times that they look white now.

Britain has always been a melting pot of Vikings, Saxonic tribes and Gauls / later Gallo-Romans

England won the most important war in 1763, we just spoiled their victory in 1776 but overall we had already lost 50 years before because by that time they took Québec we barely had 80 000 people in North America while british were around 2 millions, worst fact is that we were still the most populated country in Europe.
French colonial policy were terrible overall, the two only good guys at it were Richelieu and Mazarin, Louis XIV was a stupid narcissist and his two successor were just not competent rulers.
Napoléon could have salvaged the situation by dominating Europe (that was basically why he sold Louisiana, which wasn't a bad deal when you consider everything) who was still crushing the rest of the world but he fucked up in Russia and prussians with the help of anglos pretty closed the chapter.

>1066 was essentially a load of vikings, viking vassals or viking descendants scrapping over the throne

Kek, Guillaume himself didn't have much more than 15% norwegian blood (just look at his lineage from Rollo to him).
If vikings brought women history would have been different but since they married locals and they didn't sustain the migration from Scandinavia over time they were diluted very fast, not an accident if they basically culturally converted to french lifestyle in a matter of a 150 years.

Normans, not french. burgers can't into history

Chicken/Pullet

/thread

>Their culture was pretty Nordic

No shit. The Salian Franks used to be into Norse paganism.

This is the most biased image I've ever seen, some of the wars that they claim are French victories have nothing to do with France, while others class the war as over because one of Britain's allies surrendered despite Britain winning the only major engagement.

Also they split the Napoleonic wars into 8 parts so they can say France won some of them, even though it was practically continuous fighting with roughly a year of peace, yet the same image doesn't split the hundred years war into its separate phases despite the fact there was decades of peace between them?

Shame on whoever posted this for their poor understanding of history

back when there was no boundary between Dutch and Deutsch...

HEY FATBERG, leave my allies and cousins alone

William The Conqueror was half English and was next in line for the throne, Edward the Confessor had no family or children and had promised William he would be his successor years before his death. Harold Godwinson was from a very rich and powerful family and was elected by the Witan. William was the true king.

ty

You never won a war against us in 1v1, fact, while we often did it alone.
Even Waterloo that you consider as your symbol of England defeating France you had barely 25 000 brits fighting in a total of 148 000 soldiers, if germans weren't occupied loathing themselves they would tell you to fuck off and claim what is theirs.

Also Hundred Years War was a french civil war, the Plantagenêt were a french dynasty, the english aristocracy was french too, half of France was fighting with the English Kingdom, Edward III was himself the fruit of a marriage between a capetian (the daughter of the french king Philippe le Bel) and the king of England (a plantagenêt, vassal of Philippe).
In fact the schism between english and french really began when Jeanne d'Arc made it a weird nationalist issue with religious part in it, before that it was just a dispute between cousins over the crown, Edward III being the legitimate King of France in fact.

Yeah but none of that matters now because you've got a higher rate of shitskin jihadis than us.

The 100 years war was a civil war between France and His most powerful vassal

But Sup Forums says we're inbred?

Which one is it? Inbred or a melting pot? You cannot have both.

An island was invented by French people? Sure it wasn't the Dutch and their land reclamation technology?

The inbred thing is just idiotic banter, we're anything but.

Iceland, now that's inbred.

If they are break up some of the wars that much why not just list it battle by battle?

>between France and His most powerful vassal
Spain isn't that powerful and you weren't fighting the French in that war iirc?

I'm all floaty now, what's happening?

Gimme a tea.

>implying portugal didnt conquered a shitton of clay in their heydays

There really should only be three wars between 1793 and 1815, there was peace between us and France in 1802 and 1814 only, the 'war of the # coalition' dictated which European states were at war, but between Britain and France 1792-1802 was one long war, 1803-1814 another and the hundred days the final one.

>nothing to do with France
in all of them both France and Britain were involved and fought each other at some point

>Napoleonic wars into 8 parts
Firstly the first 2 Coalitions were part of the Revolutionary wars - which Britain decisively lost and signed a peace treaty, secondly Britain was involved militarily in every single war. Many times throughout the different Coalitions they attempted to invade Europe, but were fought off. Even if they were not involved on a military level, they still lost because they failed at deposing Napoleon in many of them.

>hundred years war
It's always regarded as a singular war despite periods of conflict, the Napoleonic wars are different because they were at time fought in different locations against different enemies. People only regard it as one war because Napoleon was involved in most of them.

They are all individual wars

>hundred years war is between England and France
It was more of a French civil war than an actual war.

Old saxon names>>>>>>>> any of that French crap.