College I plan to attend doesn't allow guns to be carried on your person while on the grounds...

College I plan to attend doesn't allow guns to be carried on your person while on the grounds, but if you have a concealed carry permit you can keep it in your car if it's locked up.

What would the legal ramifications be if there were an active shooter or someone with a knife that was cutting people and I were to run out to my car to get my gun and come back to neutralize him?

Why wouldn't you just let the guy massacre the "educated" college liberals?

Feels wrong. Besides, with this Trump shit a lot of liberals are buying guns and going to the range. Maybe it'll be the thing they need to get their heads out of their asses. Handle some guns, see the misinformation first hand in a controlled environment, etc.

That and I hate the cunts that do that, same as I'd ventilate one of those cunts that was pulling Trump voters out of their cars.

GODDAMN NAVY FAGS! THATS A VMA542 PATCH! COCKSUCKING MOTHERFUCKERS!

I would hope that the law would be on my side in that case, same as if I'd pulled a knife and stabbed the fucker to death.

lol

>What would the legal ramifications be if there were an active shooter or someone with a knife that was cutting people and I were to run out to my car to get my gun and come back to neutralize him?
Literally Murder.

I am not joking. Do yourself a favor. Conceal carry on campus and get something small. Single stack pocket carry small. If you are in a situation where you must draw to protect a life, as long as you don't fuck it up. You'll be fine. The Campus won't risk punishing you because of the negative press for a Student saving his own Campus from a terrorist threat.

If you leave the scene and are safe, go to your car, grab your gun, go back onto the campus and shoot someone. You'll be lucky if some nigger shitbag lawyer doesn't come after you for civil or criminal charges.

Remember drawing a gun is the last option and only to be done in split second life or death situations. If you have the time to retrieve a gun you were already safe and had no reason to return to danger.

I appreciate the advice, sounds solid, but I really wish that wasn't the case. I'll never understand why running to the front lines for the sake of innocent bystanders to directly combat a threat should ever be demonized. The idea that it is somehow morally superior or legally sound to simply flee and leave other victims to fend for themselves is offensive to my sensibilities at best.

Heart is in the right place but there is a reason we have police and why you must be smarter and better informed then everyone else as a gun owner.

The reason behind it is because if you can leave the area of danger then you are safe and there is no need to introduce another gun into the situation. Unless the event takes place in the parking lot it is going to take you what, 5-8 minutes to get there and back? During that time police are almost assuredly on their way. Meanwhile you reenter a dangerous situation and can easily make it even worse.

Say you having a gun causing the attacker to panic and he takes a hostage. You now either have to brain pan a moving target from 40 feet away with a person in the way, you won't. Or your drop the gun and he shoots you. Or you reenter and you fire and you miss and hit someone else. Or you reenter and draw and there is a shoot out and the attacker hits someone they might have shoot in the first place. Or you have a gun and the police arrive and now they shoot you or are forced to divert their attention to the real gunman while you attempt to sort things out.

There are many good reasons you don't grab your gun and cowboy it. The police are going to be there within the same timeframe and they are frankly much better suited to handle the situation.

However at the same time if you are armed and can drop the attacker almost instant perfect. You have valid fear for your life and were protecting others. No one will fault you for that. If you're really curious spend $100 and send a list of questions to a lawyer to get specific answers for your state. A lot of places the "Gun free zone" signs are just signs and have no legal weight to them.

It is better to always carry unless there is no way to without being detected. If you are found out you risk expelsion but what is worse? Being kicked our or dying to a crazed mudslime because a $1.78 plastic sign said you had to surrender your right to defend yourself.

Pretty funny that you fantasize so much about stopping a shooting or stabbing that you actually think you noticing the shooting, running back to your car, grabbing your gun, and finding and neutralizing the threat is a realistic scenario. You do realize that the attacker on the Ohio State campus was killed by police within a minute of the attack, right?

Protecting a 3rd party is still self defence.

You make a lot of good points, bud. I'll have to reevaluate not only my intended course of action but my values. These are things I hadn't really considered before, I'd always worked under the assumption of "once I had the tool, I'd do my best to help" and so by the objective being good actions I take to that end are inherently good. I see now that there's more to it than that, the line of thought that you presented makes my previous intention seem naive and dangerous. Particularly accurate was "cowboy it."

The only pistols I have are full size though. Looks like I need to go shopping.

I think "fantasize" is a bit of a stretch. If you go for advice on fire extinguisher placement, you shouldn't be accused of having delusions of grandeur related to becoming a vigilante firefighter or some shit. I do appreciate the tip about the timing of police response, I didn't know that. I my head, police response was always far too long to be acceptable.

In light of both of these posts, I probably will end up simply complying with campus policy and locking up my pistol until I get off campus.

>3rd party
>SELF defense
Uhhh, might be legally justified but it's obviously not self defense

Even when you are trying to be pro gun you still manage to shitpost.

IMMEDIATE protection of a 3rd party is covered. If you leave the area and come back, your ass is jew fruit. Same thing with wounding vs. killing. You get in more trouble if a home invader survives because then he can sue you for damages and suffering. It is a crazy world but that is how the legal system works.

Yeah, probably best to let the police handle it. I don't blame you for wanting to be prepared though, that's always good.

This

It falls under the same laws. Atleast in civilized countries.

Really?
That´s... surprising. In Germany it would be self defense.
Though they likely would try and get you into shit for it. It´d be a case-to-case basis.

dat patch

Every gun owner goes through it. Luckily my concealed permit instructor focused a good deal on when it is right to use your weapon. Because you have a concealed carry licence you are held to a higher standard then the average joe. It is why it takes so much time and money and there are background checks and fingerprinting and testing. You are not a cop or civil protector but you are basically signing up to take responsibility with a lethal weapon. You got to know what kind of fallout there will be if you exercise it.

There is a bunch of compact and subcompacts to look into. Personally I carry a Glock 19. It is compact size but with a nice capacity. Bit harder to conceal but my job doesn't care if I carry so it is a bit easier. If you want something for safety but are concerned about some rat tattling on you because they saw you printing. Consider some single stack pocket pistols. They don't got the capacity or the accuracy but most are the size of modern cell phones and can be carried everyone without any risk of exposure.

Would depend on how far away the car is, how obvious is the killing intend etc. (if you ran 1 minute to the car and back again to get the gun the other would be killed by then, shooting him then you´d be in shit)
If however you ran 2meters to the car and the other guy is slashing away, shootyshoot.

It´s a highrisk situation to get into trouble but it isnt guaranteed.... depends on many factors.

Thanks, friend.

I appreciate it, man. I'll do just that. I'm a fan of single stacks and compacts in general although I've never owned one of the latter. Time to change that, I suppose. A factor in my ignorance on the matter is likely because I was in the military and so didn't HAVE to take another course in my state. Before I actually begin carrying, I suppose I should take at least one. It seems I have some improvements to make. I'll do so after I get the pistol itself, my original intent was to carry a 9mm Tokarev but it's too big to conceal well enough to bring into a place like that.

Exactly like I said. If there is an attack in the parking lot and you just got to your car you're most likely fine. The further and longer it takes to get a gun and get back. The more trouble you could get into for trying to help. Self defense laws exist so you can keep yourself safe but they are pretty harsh on people who try to use them as a license to kill and be a vigilante. Even if you have the best intentions there are so many things that could go wrong so they want police to handle it. Even if they are not the perfect solution that are a government controlled and regulated solution. Any blow back goes on them instead of you. They are protected more or less. A random student firing into a room of other students, even to stop a bad guy? Someone will file charges and squeeze you for every penny. It is just not worth it sadly to help others in that kind of situation.

You're a good guy, sorry my first post was a bit dickish

>carry a 9mm Tokarev
Ehhh they are fun historical pieces but you really cannot compare them to modern day composite striker fired. Too much time and technology working against them if you are serious about concealing. Had a makarov for a bit. Nice solid cosmoline fueled plinker.

>oh youre about to shoot up my classroom?
>ok let me just sprint a fucking mile to and back from my car so that I can deal with the situation

Have fun choosing between saving your life and saving your ability to go to any college in the us.
Oh, btw.. theres probably syrian refugees there.

Hey, don't worry about it man. Happens to everyone, and you honestly were helping.

>composite
>striker fired
You're right but I don't want you to be.
Something like a Makarov was actually what I was thinking of, or a Bersa Thunder or something else along those lines. Something short, low caliber, with hollowpoints. Enough to poke a hole and make them really reconsider their course of action at least if not neutralize them.

I mean for it's size the makarov isn't terrible compared to it's counterparts. God knows the thing is reliable. That youtube torture test is 100% legit. I never went to that extreme but I never once had a misfire even when I damn well should have. The crux is weight. It is a damn fucking heavy pistol for it's size. Study and reliable but heavy. As much as a G19 with double the capacity. If you got a nice gun belt it doesn't really matter but you are taking it in the pants to carry a weapon that has better options.

I prefer a pistol to be on the heavy side, personally. Feels better and less snappy, which is why I was wanting to carry fullsize until now. Gotta rethink my priorities, though.

Thanks, sincerely, for the help and advice you two.

Current COA:
>Obtain pocket-pistol type to conceal.
>Take CCW course before taking it out of the house.
>Do some serious thinking and research on whether or not carrying would actually be helpful. Current leaning is yes with some modifications to original intent.
>If decision is made to carry, take live fire courses to ensure I'm not a liability. Before, I'd taken it for granted that me trying to help would be helpful. That was hubris.