Transgender suicide rates

What can the government do to address transgender suicide rates?

Laws against discrimination? Hormone therapy covered by universal health coverage?

At least 40% of transgender individuals will attempt suicide in their lives (and many tragically succeed like pic related). That number is too high. The government needs to step in.

Other urls found in this thread:

nbcnews.com/id/40279043/ns/health-health_care/
npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=90229789
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18194003
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3180619/
journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0016885
chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-transgender-mental-illness-classification-20160729-story.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Prosecuting Leafs that use a US proxy

Do they though? It's natural selection in it's finest form

but then they would have to treat it for what it is, a mental illness

I agree friend, far too many tranfags are avoiding execution. Here's for more government-mandated tranny euthanasia.

Kill them before they can kill them selves.

How can you be so heartless? Children are dying because of bigotry against them for expressing themselves.

Even if we assume that transgenderism is a mental illness (it isn't), isn't it the case that bigotry towards those individuals would be harmful to their health? Additionally, Gender re-assignment surgery and Hormone Therapy are the only proven ways to combat dysphoria.

how about try giving them hormones that match their biological gender before giving them hormones that don't match and permanently mutilating their bodies, giving them a life where the vast majority of people of the opposite sex will not want to be with them.

or does trying to correct a hormonal imbalance instead of allowing it to dictate your entire life make too much sense?

throw them out the helicopters to speed up the process

Your solution is to murder people for being themselves? How would you even begin to make a moral case to the public for this.

the crazy thing is post op trans seem to have similar suicide rates. It's quite obvious the current treatments are simply not effective

>Implying transvestites are people.

that's not true though lmfao

the rates go down after transitioning, they are just still high.

there's a difference between whats happening and what Sup Forums wishes happened

>the problem fixes itself
>"What can we do to get the government to step in and make it worse for everyone????"

The number is too low.

they're not being themselves, they're acting on a hormone imbalance in their brain. similarly to how chemical imbalances cause schizo or dementia

(checked)
Leave 'em to it and let nature take its course

They should give them a deportation letter. Go to Cuba Venezuela or UK if you want a free gender change. If they refuse gas em. The rates will fall once they hit 100

A lot of people want me dead - they call it justice. I'm the only one who knows the truth. All I have left is the wind by my side.

Let natural selection wipe out the trannies.

>Gender re-assignment surgery and Hormone Therapy are the only proven ways to combat dysphoria.
[citation required]

Make bullying completely legal so we can drive more of those mentally ill abominations to kill it selves

>tragically succeed
KEK
E
K

Did you just assume the airs identity!??

encourage the irreversible surgery. they usually kill themselves once they realise what they have done.

They could ban transitioning, but this is a backdoor eugenics program. Anyone crazy enough to believe this shit never had much to offer in the first place.

>At least 40% of transgender individuals will attempt suicide in their lives. That number is too high. The government needs to step in.

You are right, the government should send all the transgender people an informational booklet on how to efficiently commit suicide.

That way there will be way less failed attempts.

Why so many post about Transgenders, and nothing about the only two know Transdimensional begins in the Universe? ,,,They,,, seem like the more repressed minority group right now...

they dont produce offspring they are an evolotionary dead end they deserve no resources

nobody ever touches this. why? nobody wants to argue with this, why?

how did it die?

My honor left a long time ago.

How could anyone support trangenderism after reading this?

by not letting them go along with their delusion

not only is it mental illness, but clearly a portion are kinky sex perverts explicitly wanting to know what it's like to be "fucked like a girl"

explain how a third of transgenders have fucking AIDS. that's not normal.

who in their right mind would want to employ someone who has nearly a 1/3 chance of having AIDS?

>honor
get out of my country cunt

shhhh goy....s.hhhhhhh.hhhhhhhhh

don't bring up the fact Test is illegal but Est. is just a doctor visit away for the young male goyim of fighting age

dont bring up the fact Est is in the water, plastic wrappings for every food, and basically everywhere

shhhhhhhhhhhhhh..........

there was a report published by a trans org like 2-3 years ago that stated as much, the suicide rates are incredibly high in pre op and post op and the difference was barely notable. Do you know about it or have a link to it by any chance?

If rates go down but barely we can conclude the treatments are still ineffective. I work in psychiatry (forensics) and having a group of patients going from 40% suicide rate to 30-35% suicide rate after treatment would be considered a failure, specially cosidering the huge costs (economic and emotional) of the treatment per patient

Whatever the causes, the current treatments are not effective

The government does not need to do jackshit.

The will to live in based for each person, and transgender or not, it is not others responsibility to maintain their will to live -- that can only be found/utilized by the person in question. If they don't want to live, and can't figure out reasons to stay alive, I certainly don't want it forced upon them to do anything. They are responsible for themselves, not others, which also goes for the government interfering as well.

because you're a moron

t.tranny

it's not a physical thing, it's mental.

You hate being male, you see yourself as female, you want it...when you see yourself you literally feel fucking sick. Like if you are repulsed at being fat or something.

Brain fucking surgery would fix it i guess but until we develop the fucking means transitioning is the best step.

Sorry this shit happened to me, i can't control it. NOT EVERYONE CAN JUST GO THROUGH LIFE AS A TRADITIONAL STRAIGHT WHITE MALE.

IM SO FUCKING SORRY I LOST THE FUCKING GENE LOTTERY. THAT'S WHAT THE FASCIST AND SJWS DON'T GET....WE CAN'T ALL BE THE SAME. SOME PEOPLE ARE DIFFERENT.

JUST LEAVE ME THE FUCK ALONEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>What can the government do to address transgender suicide rates?

Are you asking how the government can raise the transgender suicide rate or lower it?

Leave us alone. I don't really care what you do at home. I would prefer that you got real treatment. That being said don't expect anyone to go along with what you're doing or saying.

I suppose when you don't address a mental illness what do you expect.

Level with me, your "inability to control it" is just the most rock solid excuse in the world (as you see it being infallible because it's out of your control) thus believing in it as hard as you do that it MUST be the case makes transitioning OK. Why not just admit to yourself that it's what you want to do, and it's what you're doing? There is no shame in being trans, and it is purely choice driven.

It's better than nothing. The people i know are happier after, idk where the other meme comes from.

They should separate the stat into young and old people, a young person transitioning is more likely to be happy later because you have a greater chance at passing

what? i don't give a fuck. i didn't make this thread. I lurk and read retarded shit and people talking about what needs "changing" without even having a slight clue of what's really going on.

SJWS are the ones who want to indoctrinate people, most regular trannies just want to be left the fuck alone and they know it's not as simple as "hurr just b normal, see a therapist xd"

it's literally rage inducing

Someone call Mike 'blast the gays with gamma rays' Pence. We have a live one here.

deserves to be meme'd into existence.

You are mentally ill

i want to look like Brad Pitt, and have the musical skills of Mozart, but i don't.

i could put on a 300 year old wig and recite lines from Fight Club, but that wouldn't change my reality

what do you mean? control my feelings? you can ALWAYS control yourself but why live through the constant bullshit? i see a way out, i look androgynous, it's now or never for me.

I have no options

If it's mental, rather than physical, shouldn't it be EASIER to control?

transgender people are already super self conscience and sensitive. even if nobody ever said anything negative to them i bet they would still have higher suicide rates than the general population. they are just sick people. you may as well ask what you can do about suicide rates among drug users/addicts. the answer is nothing.

How did you make it past the captcha?
The gold-membership cards need revoked!

conscious*

reminder that you have trillions of Y chromosomes in every cell containing a nucleus in your body, including your neurons

and this will literally never change in your lifetime

when it does change and we perfect genetics people will go way beyond genders and become cat men and ayys and tentacle monsters and shieet

Hmm maybe something as crazy as not normalizing and nannying mentally ill gender dysphoric people

>passing
>not being

>mentally ill people will commit suicide
>the gobernment must prevent their deaths
Literally why besides taxes?

Literally nothing, because the government can't conjure up 100% authentic vaginas and penises for these people.

When science advances to the point they can just get new genitals instead of paying some gook to carve them up like a Jack-o-lantern, the suicide rate will drop to normal rates

no no no, it's not about CONTROL, it's about realization and coping. If you feel a certain way, that you want to do X, it's not about saying "there are no options for me", nothing in life is mutually exclusive, thus if you realize you want to be x gender, you can make that happen somehow in this weird game, its just a matter of doing it. When you tell yourself it's the only option, it's restricting. I mean do it, I'm not discouraging it, but I am discouraging the idea that it's out of your control. It's completely within your control and you can make whatever changes you want.

>mfw i'm trans

the reality is i can at least pass as one, i'm young and my face is a feminine one luckily.

I feel truly happy one way and i want to die the other way. It's really a no brainer.

Yeah i fucking know, i'm just trying to fucking cope.

i know i will always be a guy....but i can play perfect pretend and pass as one in society and actually taste happiness for once

but even after the operation to change their gender their suicide rates stay the same ur bait is low quality

it's like giving someone with a facial deformity a supermodel contract, because their feelings could get hurt

it's like telling a kid with severe brain deficiencies that when he wrote down that 2+2= penis, the answer was correct for his own personal interpretation

it puts feelings above facts.

Mike you like cocks you get the shocks pence will deal with you

Why should anyone enable this mental illness by legitimising it

I bet 90% of these people were sexually abused as children.

Dude...
Transsexuals are four times more likely than the average person to be infected with HIV. Source: nbcnews.com/id/40279043/ns/health-health_care/

About 88% of children who have gender dysphoria do not hold those beliefs when they grow older. Source: npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=90229789

Only 12% of boys who believe they are transsexuals still believe so when they are older. Source: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18194003

MRI scans indicate that MtF transsexuals are either men aroused by the thought of possessing female genitalia or homosexuals who want to seduce straight men. Source: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3180619/

41% of transsexuals have tried and failed to commit suicide. Source: nbcnews.com/id/40279043/ns/health-health_care/

Transsexuals who undergo sex reassignment surgery are more likely to commit suicide. Source: journals.plos.org/plosone/article?id=10.1371/journal.pone.0016885

welllll you know what i mean...no options as in no BETTER options.

Plus i honestly like the option because i can basicially pass if not almost pass now when i want to.

Yeah, turns out the mentally ill like to off themselves, go figure. In other news, water is wet.

>MRI scans indicate that MtF transsexuals are either men aroused by the thought of possessing female genitalia or homosexuals who want to seduce straight men. Source: ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3180619/

Is that a fucking problem to you? People can do whatever they want, and if it turns them on, what the fuck do you care?

I don't know man, how about starting to cure this mental illness? Could work, right?

They should grow some balls and take it like everybody else. They are mentally ill and need medication.

The government can't do anything, they're mentally ill faggots. Seeing as you fit right in with that, you should follow their lead and kill yourself too

It's a mental illness. So the solution would be to NOT encourage them to be transgender. Stop gloryfing it on television. Stop saying it's "normal". Because once these people are confronted with reality , (which has little in common with what the media , universities , politicians tell them)...Then they become depressed...They feel like victims , they don't understand why they're rejected , they take it personally...They think nobody understand them...etc...and they slowly but surely enter a vicious circle of loneliness , depression...and potential suicidal thoughts..

Again , it's a mental illness. Encouraging it is not the solution.

go to a hospital ask to be treated for gender dysphoria and ask to be put on lithium problem solved

They kill themselves because they are ill and the government, instead of finding a cure for their degeneragy, decided to let them cut their dicks. After that they regret it and the only way out is to kill themselves.

Make gender dysphoria a mental illness again.

(You) are a based Choriso.

But it is

That thing transitioned? He barely looks like he took any hormones at all. What an abomination

Not to the afflicted.

By encouraging weak men to transition, we can improve suicide rates and weed out the losers who are holding us back as a society.

It's my honest spicy opinion that if a tranny wants to chop their dick off and have a one-way ticket to a rope on the ceiling, that's their prerogative.

But they shouldn't expect us, the taxpayers, to encourage their literal mental illness by paying for their castration surgery and boob job.

Pay for it yourself you hedonistic fuck.

Going to need to wait a decade or two for when this surge of monsters realises their fetish induced life changing surgery wasn't the best for the long term.

>Even if we assume that transgenderism is a mental illness (it isn't)
Nice b8 m8

Make the solution a psychiatrist and not lopping your dick off.

There's no way to stop trannies from killing themselves.

It's a mental illness. Being a tranny or a closet tranny is painful because you know you're born fucked up and no amount of transitioning will change the truth that you were born female/male.

That fact alone is enough to make some people kill themselves, so whatever. Suicide can be a great joy for some people, so let it happen. It's natural selection after all.

Found the dude that's fucking a dude with tits

Back to plebbit

Not in the (((media))). Been in a club once and seen this transgender guy. He was looking not much unlike my grandfather but with fake boobs, bimbo hair and wearing a tight dress. He was there in a corner desperate to connect with someon, smiling shyly to people. Alone. He could have had grandkids and a wholesome life had he not fallen for degeneracy
F

It is already a mental Illness
Psychiatrists know that
WHY dont they say?

>How would you even begin to make a moral case to the public for this.
We are naught but a bundle of molecules

Transgender suicide rates are as high as jews living under Nazi rule. Trannies aren't getting treated as badly as Jews under Nazi rule. Its a mental health issue.

The insane never think they are insane

"WHO (world health Organization) prepares a new edition of the International Classification of Diseases (ICD), its global codebook that influences national disease diagnostic manuals worldwide. The current version, ICD-10, has been around since 1990 and ICD-11 is expected to be approved in 2018."

So suicide rates will continue to be on the rise...lol....This is the madness of marxism/political correctness.

And you can bet that they will not stop there....They'll eventually try to normalize pedophilia and beastiality.

I will not forget who I am.

source
chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/ct-transgender-mental-illness-classification-20160729-story.html