Nietzsche

Sup Forums, is reading Nietzsche a worthwhile use of my time? Which of his is good to start with?

Other urls found in this thread:

chechar.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/zarathustra.pdf
archive.org/stream/theantichrist19322gut/19322.txt
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

read Thus Spake Zarathustra. But there's several different versions of language. I'll find the most readable one, one sec.

This one: chechar.files.wordpress.com/2015/08/zarathustra.pdf

>Thus Spake Zarathustr

it's too abstract... so much alegories... don't read that unless you want some stuff that requires alot if interpretation and pondering.

I'd recommed having an understanding of Greek philosophy at first. If not you could just begin with The Portable Nietzsche, and then move on to Zarasthura.

Start with Beyond Good and Evil

ZARA

Yes. Twilight of the Idols is a pretty good introduction to his thought as it's short and pretty accessible

This.

Nietzche is just some edgy faggot. If you don't believe me, read orgyofthewill.com, you will see what kind of edgelords come out of reading it.

Read some Hitler instead. Good old Mein Kampf. You can never go wrong with that.

Personally started with Beyond Good and Evil and can confirm it's his best book.

read Antichrist for direct criticism of Cuckianity

just fucking read it

And I suggest to you this.

If you want something easily digestible and source for further reading by Nietzsche, then read the booklet "The Antichrist". That's a good introduction to FN.

archive.org/stream/theantichrist19322gut/19322.txt

Read about Nietzsche's life first and about how he was a shut-in nervous wreck who cried when he saw a horse being beat and had a mental breakdown.

Then decide if thats the person you want to emulate.

You might as well read /r/atheism if you want the crib notes. Nietzsche was ahead of the curve on being a fedora tipping pseudo-intellectual autist

thanks, I am "second Japan" now

I got to know FN thru books by Ronald Laing and C.G.Jung primarily. My interest was schizophrenia and other forms of psychopathy.

>people massively misinterpret his philosophy, even though his anti-essentialist messages could not be more clear
>this means Nietzsche's philosophy is bad
???

Only if you study the other important German thinkers of the 18th-20th centuries, starting with Kant and ending with Heidegger

>Ronald Laing
I read his The Divided Self a while back, pretty good.

ITT:
Edgy Pseudo-intellectuals

The diminishing of birth rates has very little to do, if anything at all, with Christianity. It is a matter mostly of economics and wealth, with a little bit of culture. As it is we are already slightly overpopulated - and Japan is massively so. It boggles my mind how all of those population predictions work on a model which assumes stable birth rates over time - as if diminishing of population would not over time improve the environment for larger families. All of those models are made as if we were talking about a 50-person tribe - which indeed can't bounce back from losing half it's population in two or three generations. But if we are to take a population of ~38mln - guess what, half of it is 19mln. Quite enough to repopulate within a single generation, granted favourable economic circumstances for 4+ child families.

I have it. Another good one is Jan Foudraine. Also Marguerite Schehaye's book about her case study Renee is very interesting.

>Nietszche was too edgy
>read hitler instead

I'll see if I can find them somewhere, looks interesting.

LITERALLY ate his own shit!

You'd do better reading Aristotle and Thomas Aquinas. Understanding the genesis of Western thought is a lot more important than Nietzsche's ramblings.

In this order:

Genealogy of morals -> Beyond Good and Evil -> Thus Spoke Zarathusa

I heard Nietzsche was a homosexual, any truth to that? I used to enjoy reading the guy, but after reading up some facts about his life makes me have second doubts...

so why Western Europe is now secular? why Christmas tree is a crime? why teach children in kindergartens how to masturbate? why people in the West suck each other dick and drink piss?

I am sick of those lies.