My grandfather died a few years back and I never went to his house...

My grandfather died a few years back and I never went to his house. Working across every shithole in the world made it impossible for me to come back home. Today, Ive looked at some of his old stuff and Ive found these gems. If you want me to continue, please keep bumping.

Also, let's not turn this into a balkan fight thread. My grandpa never hated the serbs, he only hated muslims.

If you have any gems yourself, please post them. This is now an antique thread.

Other urls found in this thread:

mapire.eu/en/map/firstsurvey/?bbox=1728045.3396428544,5501796.3651960865,1735689.042471372,5504973.279184189
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'll have to crop each picture since theyre over 4MB. Also mind the gay carpet, its my grandma's epic design.

Nice inflation eh ?

Bumpam

Can I have a bump here, please ?

Hajde Ante, dobar ti blog...

I had one of those meme million dollar bills from zimbabwe back then.

Hvala sused.

These are interesting post more pls

Beginning of the WW2.

interdasting

Letter of my greatgreatfather to his father who was sent to WW1. He was killed the next day.

Other side of the letter to his sister.

Google earth of the 18th century.

I have some NDH money, 1000 kuna. Can't find it though

Inside the google earth software.

slikaj još atlas

I dont know who these guys are but I hope the upper right is not my ancestor.

Cool. I am watching and reading. Not Bosnian by the way.

Sry na flipu.

Wow at least Croats know where the real Balkan is. Nice.

Nice thread lad, thanks for the share. Love old world shit.

I assume this is a world war invasion map? Fucking Njemacka.
That's 18th century?
That's pretty well preserved, goddamn.

For some of the shorter stuff, like the postcards, could you give us a summery of what they say?

Will do in a short while, boss. And yes its a map of allied forces and the enemies.

tnx buraz, ak te zanimaju karte ima tu digitalna karta austrougarske (digital map of austria hungary):
mapire.eu/en/map/firstsurvey/?bbox=1728045.3396428544,5501796.3651960865,1735689.042471372,5504973.279184189

>That's 18th century?
Judging from the borders late 19th to early 20th century. Could be a map of pre-WW1 Europe in a post-WW1 atlas though.

Evo ti jedne prave :D

How rich would I be if I immigrated there with $50,000 USD?

Have a bump

The map was written in late 19th and released in 1904. You're pretty accurate.

RIP in pizzahut, Austria-Hungary. Never forget.

F

i dont wanna come off as a neonazi (a Sup Forums neonazi is so unoriginal), but that map is pretty cool if its original, what are you gonna do with all these things ?

Could probably get a decent flat in a non-tourist area with 50k

nice
not very, you can't even buy a small apartment with that kind of money

>hehe look at me guise , my grandfather was a nazi haha xD i'm so cool

kys

>t. jasenovac gas chamber survivor
never forget

Nije bitno sta mu je bio deda, istorijski predmeti su svakako interesantni pa makar bili i nacisticki

Finally! My B.A. in history has officially redeemed itself.

what does it say?

I told you he wasnt a nazi. He was a cool guy from slavonia. Never hated anyone just liked geography.

Awesome thread OP. You should post this stuff on /his/ when you get a chance.

Translation of this one?

Bottom left Wilhelm II Germany

Bottom right Charles I&IV Austria-Hungary

I assume the turk is the last Ottoman sultan

The struggle of allied europe for a new order

The picture shows that this years advancements bring our allies victory after victory.

It's a pro-nazi poster. Something along the lines of "united struggle of Europe for a new order". My Croatian is very bad though.

"battle of the allied forces for the new order", "the battlefront map shows our forces are gaining new victories every day"

Thanks Allemagne. I take back what I said.

F

This inflation was quite intense.

Upper left is Tsar Ferdinand of Bulgaria

>communism totally works guys I swear

Topkek

Translation
United Europe fight for new order.
>EU before EU kek
Picture proves we are winning every battle.

Sadly, this is it for now. Im going to translate the letters to the non-slavic guys.

My grandma says he has a lot of badges (over 1000) that he collected from all over the world. He was kind of an autist and worked in post office as a chairman so when i get to that I can post more. She says that most of the stuff is in his cottage where he liked to spend time. Including some old weaponry, helmets and post cards.

upper left - tsar ferdinand of bulgaria
upper right - mehmed v of ottoman empire
bottom left - wilhelm ii of germany
bottom right - charles i of austria

i love how its "nezavisna" then, but "neovisna" now, just to make sure its different from what croats think is "serbian"
croats serbs and the other insignificant tribes from yugoslavia are one people with one language prove me wrong faggit

I also have a helmet with a bullet hole from a young soldier his parents tried to save during WW2. Its at my parents house. Also the attic has a lot of fucking WW2 stuff but its so crowded it will take me a week to clean the entrance. The guy was a massive hoarder.

nostalgia'd
i-i remember that bill
i used to like that gril
i wonder whats she doing now

Half of these are written on serbian dude xD

ok, but what are you going to do with these things, keep them or try to sell them?

Translation of the first letter from 1941 (start of the war):

"Greetings from Zagreb from your aunt Manda. We're currently located on the Sava bridge in a bar and I really like it that we came and saw everything. Manda"

I don't think Ill sell these. It's too cool and I have enough money.

Ahem.

Translation of the letter to his father (WW1):

"Dear father, I am alive and well and I wish you a lot of health. I have received the package on the 17th this month, but you didnt have to send me because we now have bread as well so I kindly thank you for sending me again. There is nothing new here. I send my regards to the father, mom, Mato, Manda, Tuna (Anton), grandma, grandpa, old man, uncle Antun, Eve, Maria and Jozo and all other family and friends. From your son, Damien"

Nice thread, I'm going to look for some old banknotes I have.

except you and maceodnians fine
>special snoflake

This one looks really old.

Cool thread op have a bump

>My grandpa never hated the serbs, he only hated muslims
Based croat. F

Letter to his sister one day before dying.

"Dear sister, You ask me to tell you about where is the post in Pešta, when do the trains arrive and how many streets are there but I cant tell you yet because I dont know. When I stay here a little longer I will know more so I will be able to give you all the info. Were always working up until 8 in the evening and every sunday for 12 hours. I can tell you that the whole Wolfner factory has 8000 employees that work all the time. "

Missed part from above; "I wish you all a new spring and to old man Djuro I wish a happy name-day and to spend it in good health. Ive sent 12k to Marko which will arive on 13th April"

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMP

This is amazing. Is there any year attached somewhere ?

What a great thread. My respects.

This looks exactly like dollars.
Thanks, bro. Will make a new one as soon as I find the other stuff.

Jesus that one gets to you, lived a hard life until the day he died and just wanted to help his family.
Thanks for sharing these OP. Primary sources of history are the greatest.

It's not that old looks like. I've found the original one online, it's from 1953.

Obavezno kaci ako nadjes jos ovakvih stvari

This is the other side.

That's from 1928.

One good thing about croats is the family is so close.

I've got like 80 million cousins. Shits crazy. Were scattered all over the westcoast of U.S.A.

Thanks guys. I just spoke to my grandma and turns out this guy was a huge hoarder.

I will take a week off to search his cottage where he has many stuff from WW1 and WW2 including weaponry, equipment, toys and badges. She says he has over 20.000 postcards from every country in the world.

Also she mentioned he has some 400 year old antique vases.

OP... thanks for the thread.. champion stuff

And the other side.

Went to my mobile so I could come here , bump, and pay my respects. Great thread with touching letters. Please go through all the other stuff your grandfather left.

Damn... make new thread when u sort through all the stuff.

Damn, you could open up a museum

These are awesome.
Spanish history is very interesting and sadly our education is so low on it. Just some basic inquisition stuff. Post more pls.

One for you, friend.

I haven't got more notes but I have some coins I'll see which ones are the oldest.