What the fuck happened here in the 2010s? There was election, chaos and suddenly Russia had Crimea?

What the fuck happened here in the 2010s? There was election, chaos and suddenly Russia had Crimea?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Kosovo_declaration_of_independence
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_sovereignty_referendum,_1991
youtube.com/watch?v=3CNeDtZmpjU
youtube.com/watch?v=Mthh97elDpY
tabletmag.com/scroll/220799/synagogue-at-breslover-rebbes-grave-in-uman-desecrated-with-swastika-carved-pigs-head
bbc.com/news/business-38365579
independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/eurasian-union-ukraine-chooses-to-strengthen-ties-with-russia-and-reject-historic-trade-deal-with-eu-8955407.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Crimea is russian clay.

If I remember correctly, the pro Russian government refused to sign something to do with the EU (an association treaty? or something like that) after which a (((Neocon))) backed revolution/protests erupted.

Has there been any good literature written about it yet?

We interfered and ousted a democratically elected, pro-russian government.
Russia took offense, crimea then held a referendum to join russia, it passed, Russia took it.

>soviet union breaks up 1991
>for about the year Russia is ruled by a drunk and NATO takes this time to spread into former Russian spheres
>Russia is busy fighting separatist movements and a depression
>during this time Ukraine signs a deal with the USA do be defended as long as they give us their nukes
>they agree
>fast forward 1999 putin becomes president
>reasserts russian power because NATO has completely invaded their sphere of influence
>NATO and Russia both play politics in Ukraine
>2006 opposition leader (pro west) is loosened by pro Russian factions
>2013-2014 winter pro Russian leader elected
>west and pro west faction overthrow the government
>pro easterners are pissed and kinda start to revolt
>Russia sends occupying force to Crimea and assistance to the rebels on the east
>war kills thousands
>Sup Forums hopes for ww3 but we get teased again
>war is now frozen in a standoff Russia has done this many times, its better for Russia to have a continuous occupation in Ukraine than let it fall to the west

The end

>There was election
It wasn't really an election. It was a carnival sideshow made to look like an election.

Russia did it back
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008_Kosovo_declaration_of_independence

>If I remember correctly, the Russian government refused to sign something to do with the EU
Here I fixed your typo. Looks good otherwise.

Bullshit, East is like a 60/40 Ukrainian.
Those violet parts, much more. Problem is russification of ukrainians, like in North Ireland.
Zakarppatya, have a huge russian minority, but this is not even mentioned.

Why? Where is this confirmed user? C-can you show me?

Would you say there was a war in your country? Civil war with multiple foreign agents involved?

crimea wasn't ukrainian to begin with
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crimean_sovereignty_referendum,_1991

It's used to be "civil" from may to september 2014.

Then what did the war turn into - Ukraine vs. Russia war?

Separatists retreated, Kremlin thought it's should be an easy walk but miscalculated. When Ukrainian forces approached to the border - they attack with all power. Same as Debaltsevo, it was more Ukrainian main officers failure.

Why don't you people just accept the fact that you're Russian and your language is just a dialect of Russian?

because I don't give a single fuck about russia and don't to be somehow connected to their culture.

The US urged on a putsch of the Ukrainian government and Russia responded by taking Crimea

Ukraine came out of the Soviet Union not a paradise but okay and with great potential. The IMF took over and ran it into the ground. Russia installed Their Man and started to rebuild. George Soros hit every former Soviet republic with terrorism, fake democracy protests, ethnic greivance stirring, and organized crime, in the form of the infamous Color Revolutions. In every state except Ukraine these were rolled up. In Ukraine, thanks to the damage done by the IMF, Soros agents were able to murder police and civilians in long-simmering riots and demonstrations called Clanking and EuroMaidan. Jews represented this with a beautiful, scared, young woman babbling about freedom. In real life Soros' "Clankers" set a policeman on fire and then laughed as they stopped assistance from reaching him. Russia took what it could of Ukrainian territory as a necessity all US citizens familiar with the Monroe Doctrine should understand, and because Soros' artificial Color Revolution was unpopular or unknown outside the capital and ruling class. Eastern Ukraine in particular has been heavily linguistically and culturally closer to Russia for all of its history, and that's not a Putin trick. Now the IMF is doing its same debunked schemes in West Ukraine and it's just a matter of time before Russia is able to move in and start to fix everything. The IMF could stop Russia by doing its ostensible job but there is no chance of that. Read John Perkin's Economic Hit Man. Our rulers are out of ideas and their plan B is to plunder defenseless developing world countries. They have worked their way through the rest of the world and are now starting on white countries. Had Hillary won, we would be next.

Last time i saw that fantasy map, that peninsula was not part of that colored country.

Also go bring that shit to

I think you are mistaking "Russia" with "Ruthenia", mate.

Ruthenians is the common name of all east Slavic tribes, "Russia" is the name that Duchy of Muscovy gave itself to legitimize their conquest of other Ruthenian Duchies.

"Ruthenia" and "Russia" means the same in Russian language.

>>

oh, wait...

Pretty objective analise, but you must remember that none of the countries from "Russian sphere of influence" wanted to be in there in the first place. They were all enslaved in 1939 as Soviet Russia invaded them along with the Nazi Germany.

i think this video covers it pretty well in the larger scheme of things
youtube.com/watch?v=3CNeDtZmpjU

>tfw you were born just in time to support Assad

>George Soros hit every former Soviet republic with terrorism, fake democracy protests
Yeah man, '56 Hungary, '68 Czechoslovakia an '81 Poland were all funded by Soros. All just to make the poor Russians suffer and turn the poor people of USSR against them. Totally nothing to do with the fact that Russia illegally occupied their territory since 1939, or sometimes even 19th century and they saw Moscow as their greatest enemy.

Thanks

>Meanwhile, in Russia

t.b.h I think Ukraine was Obongo's revenge for Russia's open support of Assad.

>russia taking georgia within days
>needs full power to to stop kievian mighty army marching towards moscow
>with the help of native population

yea sure hohol

Don't think any country in a sphere of influence wants to be there tbqh

Explain this to the brainwashed Putinbots on this board.

Clearly every anti-Russian movement in Eastern Europe is the job of Soros and da ebil EU.

Underrating costs them a lot
So yeah, we fucked up.

Russia taking Moldova, Georgia...
What a mighty warriors we got here.

Russia got their asses kicked in Georgia. Russia couldn't even get air superiority. Even Georgian SWAT teams were fucking up Russian convoys.

I is Russai historical territory. Hruscsov gave you the Crime which wasn't matter because the Ukrain SSR was part of the USSr, but things have changed. They fough with the tatars, brits, and turks for Crimea. That's Russia's enterance to the black sea, and most of her fleet stationed there. What made you think if you exit from the Russian sphere of influence they won't fuck you up? Crimea is Russian, just accept and move on.

>taking georgia
Except they never took "Georgia", just Osetia, and they got rekt pretty badly in the beginning of war.

Bullshit and you should kill yourself if you believe this. Started rebuilding by buying a golden toilet? Go back to your cave you mongrel.

Crimean here.

Ukraine fucked up. Russia made some not so sneaky moves towards Crimea. Majority of the people were ok with this.

From legal point of view, it doesn't really matter. Russians DID gave Crimea to Ukraine, just like they easily handed over the Alaska. It's not the fault of Ukrainians that they've been so arrogant and believed that their "empire" will last forever.

According to both Ukrainian constitution and intrnational law, Crimea is still Ukrainian.

how fucking butthurt do u have to be to think georgia or ukrain got even a slightly chance against russia

its like talking with autistic kids in here

but thats Sup Forums, dont know what i expected

>Crimean here
Which confirms what I said - Crimea is Ukrainian.

>We interfered and ousted a democratically elected, pro-russian government.

The ukranian parliament voted to remove yanukovich

>Russia took offense, crimea then held a referendum to join russia, it passed, Russia took it.

Russia took crimea first then held a (((referendum)))

What a pathetic little country. You should be forcefully broken up and given to other nations. You do not deserve your own state.

Gee, I wonder who could be behind that post

>The ukranian parliament voted to remove yanukovich
pls someone post that webm of ukranian parliament voting

So posting from Crimea still gives you a Ukrainian flag or are you just outside Crimea at the moment?

It's not a Russian historical territory. Khruschev gave Crimea to Ukraine because they can't feed themselves, and currently Crimea are third most dotated "region" in Russia after Chechnya and Dagestan. If Russians somehow lose their money it's can be dangerous for those poor fools.

youtube.com/watch?v=Mthh97elDpY

RIDF plz

Yep, it does.

Kek, nice, I didn't knew Russians had their own Holocaust denial loonies.

I bet they'd do the same thing with Katyń if only they didn't accidentally admitted they did it after USSR had fallen.

>According to both Ukrainian constitution and intrnational law, Crimea is still Ukrainian.

Well I don't think Ukrain will have the final say.
If that would be so, for example Hungary would still have Slovakia, Transilvanya and Crotia, It was in our law that it's our clay, the slavish didn't cared much about it. Ukrain lost, it rly easier to move on, than keep fighting.

(((Chaya))) is a very common name among (((Hasidic women))) if that says anything. I take it this Jewess had a bad experience in Uman.

Speaking of which:
tabletmag.com/scroll/220799/synagogue-at-breslover-rebbes-grave-in-uman-desecrated-with-swastika-carved-pigs-head

Its not legally Russian, Sup Forums follows de jure borders

lolololo Georgia got their ass kicked hard, Tblisi didn´t fall because USA and the european union begged the Russians to stop

maybe, but Ukraine will never going to take back Crimea, no matter how much they or the rest of the international community want

FYI (((Dugin))) advocated for the balkanization of Georgia.

The thing is that everyone else here wants to see you connected to them. You are a crucial part in making "Rossiya stronk" meme true again.

they fight very brave, considering a fact they going to lose in any case.

Donbas and Lugansk are the areas where almost all Ukrainian natural resources are. Russia wants some of that.

Well the major difference is, the world accepted the Trianon Treaty - it didn't accept Crimea as part of Russia. Even their "allies" didn't do that. So it will still be painted as part of Ukraine on maps, and - most importantly for Russian economy - the sanctions will continue.

I know. Whatever.

If you were to know what happened here the first thing would be to learn about the richest people here, their businesses, properties and political affiliations. Ukraine is a 26 years old (((game))). Pic related. Here's one of the latest things to get you going: bbc.com/news/business-38365579

>conquered by Russia in 1783
>populated by Russians
>only within Ukrainian borders for administrative reasons during USSR
I'd say their claim on Crimea is as strong as yours if not stronger, you only got to settle there in the first place because they kicked the Tartars and Turks out.

Can we stop Yanukovich was pro-russian meme? He tried to screw us just as many times as he did with europe or china.

Russia invading Georgia is like the US invading Road Island. Georgia was an embarrassment for the Russian army and Air force.

>sanctions
you froze the checking accounts of like 14 people, I don't think they care. If you really want to hurt them stop buying their oil and gas, oh wait that might actually require sacrifice, and the EU doesn't do that.

He was the Ukrainian version of Lukashenko, trying to play all sides. He swinged too hard into Russian direction though, and that was his end.

lol

holding a "vote" after an armed uprising is a bad joke

>If you really want to hurt them stop buying their oil and gas
Have you seen the oil prices and how they affect the Russian economy lately?

>>during this time Ukraine signs a deal with the USA do be defended as long as they give us their nukes
Ukraine gave their nukes to Russia...

we got nothing of benefit from tha fat piece of shit, how the hell is he pro russian???

> crimea conquered by Russia in 1783
But Russians become a majority there only in 1920s

See Literally every former USSR satellite state detached from it "illegally".

Eurasian Economic Union.

Ukraine was not just a satellite but a Soviet republic and it is clearly full of Russians

and how much benefits putin got from assad?

>We feed them cos they cant feed themselvs so its not russian guyz

Thanks for the laugh faggot

wut? are you implying that POSSIBLY ukraine whouldve made it into that union with him in power handnt he been ousted? why didn't it already? he was a president for quite some time before the coup

>Ukraine was not just a satellite but a Soviet republic and it is clearly full of Russians
So were (and are) the Baltic states.

I have a friend from Crimea with parents still there. He said they cheered the Russian tanks as liberators.

independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/eurasian-union-ukraine-chooses-to-strengthen-ties-with-russia-and-reject-historic-trade-deal-with-eu-8955407.html

From what I saw Russia took the day, friendo

Georgia's president literally ate his tie on national television

Right but NATO makes the Baltics too risky for Russian to "intervene" in

Unconstitutionally and only months away from the presidential elections.
It's kinda ironic that ukrainians blame Russians for shitting all over Ukraine when they shat all over their Constitution themselves.

oh, renew active dialoge? so much for pro-russianness, so much benefit

the truth us, since the inception of that miserable country never once it had pro-russian government in any sense of that word. they were either western cock gobblers ot sneaky shits who tried to play both sides

Russia can we have war again
I wanna make Finland Great Again and that requires taking back soil you took us in WW2

>he doesn't know about the pipeline
Nigga pls. Syria is key to maintaining Russias gas monopoly in Europe.

Read the article again. It was his clear intention to establish strong ties with Russia, while backing away from the possible EU treaty.

>annexing land from a nuclear power
Finland...

All I see is him bargaining with both Russia and EU to see who was the highest bidder. Nothing during his term suggested his affinity for Russia, quite the contrary in fact.

I'm sure the Ruskies can't even launch their shit and it would explode in their hands

No problem
Especially when russian effective "economic growth" ends, and barges with food and water supply become a shortage.

I don't know, Russian rockets are still used by Americans and Ruskies for into space. Maybe you're better off just being happy with that crazy k/d ratio?

The west decided to kill it and russia to rape its dead corpse

>dead corpse
as opposed to corpses that are alive?

Daily reminder that Euromaidan was an illegitimate and violent coup that was only supported in the West because it would provide leverage against Russia and take out their black sea fleet.
When it failed to do this, Europe blocked Ukraine's application for EU membership and cut its plans to allow them into the Shengen zone.
Now Ukraine is buying Chinese toy robots and modifying th to sing the Ukrainian national anthem to pretend that Ukraine totally has a future and will be a strong and advanced nation and can totally build robots. Meanwhile Ukraine had to effectively sell 18 billion US dollars worth of their nation in bonds to the west just to stay afloat.
When cockholes brag about beating the shit out of Russia, just remember that the only engagement between the Ukrainians and Russians that US intelligence confirms (in spite of the Russians not even being in uniform or using any vehicles etc, they were just troops with surplus equipment pretending to be volunteers) had 500 Russian troops killed and 3000 Ukrainian troops dead. Russians fucked Ukraine 6:1 without any tanks or planes.