Australia is such a shithole that they have to eat carp to survive

youtube.com/watch?v=0Gi0dYjbrJs

Why would ANYONE want to live there?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/35028556/my-job-is-telling-people-from-eastern-europe-not-to-eat-carp-from-uk-rivers
youtube.com/watch?v=t4BeBCoKprM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Does carp taste bad?

Apparently its quite common in Eastern Europe.
bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/35028556/my-job-is-telling-people-from-eastern-europe-not-to-eat-carp-from-uk-rivers

>Essentially a filter feeder
>Consumes the nastiest shit in the water
>Bony as fuck

Would rather eat perch /10

The Hmong people around here catch and eat a lot of carp. Nobody else seems to enjoy it.

Like crap.

Because I was born here.
Debating about leaving though; unless you live in one of two cities (Melbourne and Sydney) it's almost impossible to get a Engineering gig these days sans nepotism.
Then there's our universally laughable internet, our bullshit weather everywhere outside of coastal Victoria, our own companies doing their best to fuck us over via over pricing shit, and our government becoming increasingly nanny state-esque.
The big plus is that no one regularly gets shot here.

how is carp any worse than tilapia or catfish or hell oysters?

Fry anything and at it will be edible.

Tastes like mud, I fish for them sometimes but if you want to eat them you have to soak them in vinegar.

I just give them to the black boys on the farm to eat. They seem to like it.

Beautiful.

Have people actually tried them are are they going off of what others have said? I never caught one.

Your point about the engineering gig sounds like Canada as well.

people have been eating fish for years

hows life there bro?

I'm not even joking, in Australia they make "fish barbecue".

Making fish out of barbecue, that's the nastiest culinary shit I've ever seen.

I remember going to the zoo, and Carp in the adjacent river. Use to feed them fish food from the vending machine. But the damn ducks would always be there and steal the food on them

I want to live their because it is still a white country

Charlie Carps haha

yes it's one of our christmas dishes.

It does not taste like mud, they are raised very different than 50 years ago. Fish like fish.

niggers used to eat them here but now with ebt they eat lobster

civilized countries have more methods of cooking than just boiling in poopwater, so I'm not surprised the concept of grilling a fish confuses you

Apparently Asian carp tastes not bad but the common carp tastes like mud.

Sounds like its a public announcement to encourage people to eat carp to control it's population. I'm not saying aussie isn't shit but this guy just seems like a wanker trying to get people to believe carp is actually edible.

I don't know anybody that eats carp. The government has also introduced a strain of herpes into our rivers that has been engineered to eradicate the carp.

We also have a massive coastline full of every kind of fish. Only a special kind of retard would eat carp.

Nah cunt never ate the shit, barramundi is where it's at

Yes, very likely.

>no one regularly gets shot here

There are areas in Melbourne and Sydney where people regularly get shot

Big words coming from a country without an original cuisine.
How's the kebab and indian food restaurants going?

Have you ever been fishing before?
You know that really fishy smell you smell at the worst part of the lake?
Well that's what carp taste like 10x.
Also, you are eating muscles that were nutriented by pure garbage.

yeah when fish is taken from muddy water where it's been for few years it's gonna smell and taste, to a certain point, like mud.

Carp breeding facility-

>people

Nobody anybody cares about and so long as you're not povvo as fuck or dealing drugs, will never be affected by.

carp is considered a delicacy here in the states

OP is just a faggot

I eat carp regularly, it doesn't taste bad, but it is dangerous as fuck, it had hundreds maybe thousands of spines/bones many of them as small as 5mm, so you need to chew it very well, kids and old people are never allowed to eat them, becuase sometimes they can eat the bones.

I knew 5 people who hurt their throat while eating carp.

Yeah I'd eat Asian carp though. Apparently it feeds on plankton, not garbage.

On another note, anyone here ever eaten pike? I've heard that it tastes like walleye.

Bro, check my flag again you got the red white and blue flags confused.

Don't eat Blaire White!

Yeah but you can cook em up to taste good enough. They eat a shit ton of them in China.

degenerate

Oh sorry. I forgot about the most traditional and original north american dish.

Really bad idea to eat bottom-feeders in polluted waterways.

They're eating the very same carp that they infected with herpes?

It is cheap, 1 kg of carp cost around 1 dollar, 1 kg of tuna cost $30 and 1 kg of salmon almost is almost $90.

Some bonehead at the government is trying to get us to eat them so they don't have to do any work in controlling them, I'm guessing.

The Asians will eat them. I see them picking oysters outside my house in the bay. The bay is polluted with agent orange and lead. Friend of mine has seen them picking watercress out of the sewer pipes.

Make sure it doesn't happen again.

that video was pretty cool. carp are resilient and can thrive anywhere. if you can make them taste good, excellent.

>how to catch
no mention of best bait

I know its literally just bread on a hook, but false advertising.

What is the best fish to catch and eat? NJ here and I'm going to get into fishing when the weather gets nicer. Just curious as to what I can and can't eat, how to identify the fish, etc.

Then you just have to deal with the thousands of bones.

What happens when there is no more VB to drink in Australia? Will the Australians begin to die of dehydration?

Slavic nations(i'm looking at you Poland and Russia) , please post your Christmas carps in the bathtub.

I think flounder might be the best tasting in your area.

Just get a chart when you go to your local fishing store. Depends where you're fishing - fresh water or salt water. How you're fishing.

pretty much

smoked carp is good tho, but many bones

i also recommend the wild ones caught in unpolluted waters otherwise it's greasy trash

Depending on the species, carp are OK if you cook them right.

The problem with Australia is not the animals you can kill, it's the ones that can kill you.

I like Blue Gill and Crappie.
easy to clean, i just descale and gut them

slavs have the best traditions

They taste like your worst expectation of "fishy". If you ever smelled or tasted fish flakes, you are halfway to knowing how carp tastes.

If you go through a lot of headache prep and cook them in a certain way, they become palatable.

>its real
youtube.com/watch?v=t4BeBCoKprM

>people actually do this

why tho

i remember once my grandma bought a live carp and had to remove the scales alive, thinking about it now that was some nasty shit poor carp

I really don't know. It was in a thread on /ck/ and some poles were really going at it, saying that they do it on Christmas, and it's as traditional as the Christmas tree.

Because a live fish its the freshest fish.

Wtf why alive?

Apparently it's also big in Slovakia.

You will never know

how do we make carp go extinct then

Yes. And they have a blood line that runs down there back so they bleed fucking everywhere for no God damn reason. They jump in the boat all fucking time and it looks like I just slaughtered a goat. Fuck this those fish.

Ever see that video of 2 guys face raping a carp?

I had some Koi sashimi once. Was a mild taste like lean tuna, and similar texture to tuna sashimi. Except it had lots of horrid little sharp pointy bones.

niggers in Chicago used to catch carp from Lake Michigan and put them in their tubs for a day or so to have them in clean water for awhile.

>slavs confirmed niggers

>flounder
>taste

I said might, the only fish I know live up there are bluefish and flounder.

Great minds think alike,burger!

That sucks, since a group of my mates regularly joke about all moving to Canada for work and better everything, and i genuinely would go given the chance and prospects.

this was great

>being able to go outside and forage for food in the natural environment,

what a barbaric mentality.

disgusting trash fish

What plebes call trash fish is often some of the best.

>mackerel, bonito
>catfish
>carp

I am growing stronger

Carp has to be pressure cooked for a long time so that the bones "melt" like with sardines.

>bonito
That fish gets mixed up with little tunny which is indeed crap.

No, unless they live in dirty waters there's no reason they taste bad.
Not the noble fish but pretty good if well prepared.

When fishes are taken out of the water, the scales get harder. Obviously depends on species and time, if you took it out of water half an hour ago, the difference will be minimal, but if it's been 24 or more hours outside the water, and probably frozen, then the scales will be significantly harder.

I live on the welsh coastline and I shit you not, I catch a delicious fresh mackerel every day for breakfast then spend the afternoon fishing for crabs just for fun. There's something wonderful cleaning and cooking your own fish right there on the rocks then using its leftovers as bait.

I'm technically a very poor person but I don't feel like one.

Aren't the Welsh as a whole poor?

Do you have a job?Also, your life sounds comfy.

I envy you user.

Perch dosent even taste bad

You can catch mackeral all year round?
What part of Wales m8?

Comparatively speaking, yes.

I do have a job, I clean, straighten and restore shellac and vinyl records. There's a large student population nearby who love that shit. I do it all out of my caravan by the beach.

There's no need for envy, come on over and join in.

Not all year no but for a good chunk of the year, yeah. Near Tenby.

You do know we dump loads of hospital waste off our coast don't ya lad? Don't be eaten them fish.

I've been eating shit out of the sea for almost thirty damn years, catching my own fish, picking my own cockles, collecting and drying my own seaweed for laverbread on toast.
You're not going to save me now famalam, that free food is just too fresh and tasty.

Traditional Christmas fare here. Yes, it tastes like crap. Traditionally, you're supposed to keep it in the bath tub for a few days alive before you kill it. Suffice to say, it's not really that popular anymore. Quite frankly, bland peasant/proletarian food.

- t. "Central" European