>Atheism

*tips fedora*

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vuwabhIZ_uI&index=5&list=PL516DB6F6936C4866
youtube.com/watch?v=O0aXHJ8Mfw0&t=1s
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galápagos_Islands
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>Atheism

What an individual will do is predetermined since conception. Genes decide everything. Under religion, the criminal will disregard God's punishment and give in to his violent nature while the God fearing citizen whose inhibitions have been genetically determined will always second guess his thoughts leading to "morality".

Morality is an illusion and a herding tool. Morality is the projection of our insecurities onto others. A personal God is a ridiculous idea, a deterministic existence is the closest thing we have to God. Plus the quantum world

Also atheism.

>Genes decide everything
>Atheists use LGBTQ logic

Atheism shouldn't be your target here, it's how concepts that rely on atheism are used by (((them))) to degrade society and how atheism is a pat on the back to normal people that want to feel intelligent and rebellious.

>muh determinism

fucking slave

wew lads, "its an atheism is wrong because i automatically assign it to (((progressive))) ideas of the far left and leddit told me to deus vult and that my semitic god is the dankest meme evar, so fuck atheism!" episode

Dialectical Egoism is the true redpill.

Your point being? Atheism doesn't equal always rationality, many atheists are equally prone to sensationalism as are religious people.

youtube.com/watch?v=vuwabhIZ_uI&index=5&list=PL516DB6F6936C4866

How do you refute it? All I see here is that your feelings were hurt. Everything in our observable world has defined rules of operation, cause A leads to effect B, same happens to humans. You are part of this isolated system called the universe, the environment controlled you and set the rules first, not the opposite.

>(((Atheism))) is good

Plus determinism does not mean slavery, being aware of the deterministic effects gives you insight but it does not mean you have to stop giving your input to the world, if the concept of determinism affects you in that way, it's still the result of determinism because you are prone to weak willed sensationalism.

>Genes decide everything

Genes are only the blueprint for the human body. They do not make decisions.

Says the man worshipping the skydaddy

What is good? If believing in the christian moral is good for YOU, then yes it's good. Personally religion never helped me, I have my own views on how the world operates. It looks like you are the one trying to force your belief down other people's throats through memes and ad hominems. Why can't you accept that you have your views and I have mine and if you want to discuss them you'll have to bring facts to the table.

>there is no soul because we can't see it

ok pal

Religion is built on tradition and atheism is the polar oppisite of tradition so of course they're not going to be similar with regard to ethics, behaviors, or morals. That's how you can justify the degenerate behavior while also appealing the atheists at the same time. Basically "daddy did it so I don't want to" kind of philosophy

>(((Moral relativism)))

Where are the conservative atheists? I know they exist but they arent as prominant as the progressive atheists.

My guess would be christopher hitchens and his ilk but theres no Hitchens anymore

Genes are the blueprint on how your brain will operate, plus the environment effects which every human experiences in their lifetimes. The choices that are to be made are there and will never be any different, everything you do is how your brain is built to work. You have no say on the matter but at the same time you feel you do. To say you would have any effect and free will you would have to assume the role of a conscious cosmic power, able to manipulate your brain. That would be free will. Free will does not really exist because the past and future do not exist, only now and a constant chain of events which were set in motion since the beginning,

Hey mom, is God real? No? Might as well do whatever I fucking want then. It's not like there are billions of people and dozens of systems built over hundreds to thousands of years regarding public order and society at large, as well as a biological drive to form a herd and remain with it.
Strawman? What's that?

>jrpg villain backstories

youtube.com/watch?v=O0aXHJ8Mfw0&t=1s

Christian nations lasted the longest and are the most successful
>inb4 America and Europe aren't Christian nations
They're built off Christian morality which is ingrained in their laws and the public's behavior

Everything I told you is measurable, you make claims of some invisible soul that cannot be seen, if that's the case then other aware mammal organisms must have soul too and you must define where you will stop applying the soul factor on.

The degernates are still genetically programmed to be degenerates, brainwashed, etc. Your real problem here is the pacifism of people, the inability to identify the problem (The globalists that manipulate the world as we know it) which in a sense is deterministic in nature too. However this doesn't mean anything because with the appropriate environment, the same people can start operating on a completely different mode. I value traditions as a means of celebration but they should never interfere with human progress and I say this because many tradition have elements of superstition on them. Our goal as humanity should be the quantum world right now as it holds information to all possible universes

Your ideas of genetic determinism are certainly false. Identical twins are genetically identical, including mitochondrial DNA, and even grew up in approximately the same environment, and yet make different choices.

Going into the physical technicals, we see that determinism in general is false. It appeared to be true in the 1700s and 1800s in physics at least, but after quantum physics was well understood, it was seen that some phenomena only appear deterministic due to averaging out (and application of the central limit theorem). But in reality, the universe is fundamentally non-deterministic.

Are you implying that the only way to progress is to rid ourselves of religion or religious traditions?

I know it's the current year and all but just because we're on the verge of space colonization we shouldn't throw away everything our ancestors created

This does not disprove determinism in any way.

The twins are still not exposed to 100% the same environment. Those little differences count in producing different effects. Epigenetics are a thing. Choice is real but free will is not.

The quantum world does not immediately interact with our macro world, but if we learn how to manipulate it, we can merge with other realities. The quantum world is the blueprint for every possible thing that can happen. Good things (and bad) can happen when we fruther learn how to manipulate it

Morality is an evolved trait that causes species as a whole to be much more successful. Species that can work in groups are generally much more successful than solitary species, and morality is the set of shared rules that govern these interactions.

Not really. We NEED to belong. Traditions are exactly that. Our ancestors behaved that way because their environment molded them that way, this created tradition because those ways worked the best at the current time frame. However when facts are presented, we shouldn't be afraid to put the irrational parts of tradition in the back of our heads (I'm not saying ditch them, mind you).

>It's not my fault I shove big purple dildos up my ass, it's genetics!

*tips fedora*

I think you are baiting now. I will still reply anyway for the sake of argument, I'm not saying we should ignore the fact that this behavior is degenerate and a thread to the pack from an evolutionary perspective, this is how WE are made. But they are made differently, and you have to acknowledge that, and I'm saying different, not (((different)))

>The twins are still not exposed to 100% the same environment. Those little differences count in producing different effects. Epigenetics are a thing. Choice is real but free will is not.
>The quantum world does not immediately interact with our macro world, but if we learn how to manipulate it, we can merge with other realities. The quantum world is the blueprint for every possible thing that can happen. Good things (and bad) can happen when we fruther learn how to manipulate it
Your two lines seem to conflict with one another. In the first line, you say that the tiny differences that identical twins encounter will balloon into significant differences later.
In the second line, you try to say we can ignore quantum physics because it's mainly used in the micro world!

Besides that, you're wrong about the quantum world not immediately interacting with the large-scale world. It does, and the world could not function without it. Any forces, including electric and magnetic, arise due to the exchange of attributes propagated across a quantum field. All atoms would immediately decay. But it's hard to even describe a non-quantum world, because *all* physics now falls under the banner of quantum physics.

>Jack Chick comics

Even as a Catholic, I laugh my ass off.

The best one was the Dungeon and Dragons one.

The tiny differences that identical twins will encounter has nothing to do with the quantum world, it simply means different set of actions from the environment irrespective of them, affected them differently, (proof: something as simple as 1 slipping on a banana and the other not)

The quantum world governs the rules of this reality as we know them but will not manipulate it immediately. Every other possibility that would be incompatible with the current laws of physics that could exist in other realities is not readily available to this reality. With our external manipulation though, it can happen (Would be catastrophic in some cases)

Thank you Richard Dawkins. Have you finished sucking off Bill Mahr yet?

>My guess would be christopher hitchens and his ilk but theres no Hitchens anymore

Lawful Good Paladin Peter Hitchens is superior to Chaotic Neutral Christopher Hitchens

is it me, or does the kid look a lot like Mike Pence?

Don't act like the left doesn't think they own you in the exact same capacity that they own spics, niggers, and queers.

If it was impossible to have morals as an Atheist
>And are implied that they go crazy

Then why are there still millions of Atheists including myself still here, paying taxes, doing work, living normally?

The only argument you gays have against Atheism is you wont' have morals. W R O N G!

Right-Wing Atheist here.

Whole Family is Atheist, They're all Normal, They're not SJWs or "Progressives" of any type. That's just a Stereotype.

WE WUZ SAMOOREYE

guys* ffs kill me

>All physics now falls under the banner of quantum physics

Explain to me why nothing from quantum mechanics is used in hydrodynamics.

I used to hang out with atheists. They hated me for not voting for Hillary (voted for Johnson, which they said is the same as voting for Trump.) They say that it's not possible to be a conservative atheist because not accepting god is inherently liberal.
I don't hang out with them anymore.
I wish I had friends.

>They say that it's not possible to be a conservative atheist because not accepting god is inherently liberal.

And it says that.. Fucking where?
If they feel like they are in a position to tell you what's right and what's wrong, and tell you what is good and bad.

Then it was probably for the best that you be gone with those scum.

Plenty of chill Atheists that just don't give a single fuck what your ideology/religion is, aslong as you're a sick cunt

Memes aside, people who legitimately dismiss atheism as edgy leftist fedora shit piss me off. It's downright contrarian for the sake of it just because you see dipshits on tumblr saying Christianity is problematic.

>I believe in one religion, out of countless others that have been born and died throughout history, many of which are now regarded as mythology, because...... fuck reddit lol!!!

Fucking retards, why do you have such low standards for how you perceive the universe around you

>I believe in religion because of the morality

Religion doesn't make morality, empathy does, try again

I think there are groups with a worse track record on that particular sin than atheists.

Also nothing to do with atheism.

why would you be empathetic if you didn't think it was morally wrong?

HELLOW I AM FROM THE CHURCH OF MORAL ATHEISTS

HOW DOES ONES CHEMICALS MAKE HIM FEEL THIS SOLAR CYCLE?

Christianity has my credit for being the most "morally" correct religion, however it is all it was needed for, good morals have been input into the superior and most powerful culture, the "athiesm caused PC culture" meme is retarded. Skepticism is a good thing to foster, having a "God" which you should never question is a retarded idea.

Did you see the film adaptation? It send my sides across the galaxy.

>Has nothing to do with atheism
There's no need to lie on the internet, friend.

>atheism = transexuals

>Christianity created morals
IT WAS GOD

when did I say that? Morals have existed since cultures were fostered, I just believe Christianities is the best one. Morals are kinda subjective, im not too filled in on the subject to properly argue about morals, I just agree with a majority of christian ones.

I suppose it was a little too advance for you.

>Morals are kinda subjective
GODS LAW IS ABSOLUTE

maybe it really was for you

>implying it doesn't work
hum hello this GOD would like a word with you

You Greeks are just jews without money

Atheist here who thinks this this shit is stupid.

>Fucking top kekisimus maximus orgasmus

Let's start a denomination of only smart Atheists who follow the absolute universal (and totally random) but inherent law of goodness.

Yeah whatever. I won't cry in my pillow tonight about the "fall of the west", I know what must be done and you are clearly misguided. You americans really are the goyest of the goys. I'm out of here

What you call "Christian morals" have been going around for hundreds of years before Christianism was a thing

The christian nations succeeded because the religion was used to control the people of those countries. People wouldn't do anything deemed bad fir fear of being punished by a god. People rarely challenged kings because they were supposed to be 'close to god'. The leaders of europe could get instantly rich by simply calling a crusade on a wealthy muslim country, in the same way that a muslim nation could call a jihad. Religion was a succesful tool used by the rich to get richer, but we don't need it anymore.

like i said, im not too educated on the subject. But I would like some evidence to that claim.

>Vivec

You stand no chance against the sixth house

>empathy and basic logic is a product of religions

This is what stupid theist fags actually believe. If anything evolution lead to our concept of morals as a side effect of needing to be social to survive.

that kid is a fucking beast

That makes no sense. Are you saying pain or unhappiness is morally questionable or something? I'm talking thou shalt not kill, thou shalt not steal, etc morality here.

Peter is inferior to Chris due to being not witty and for imitating his brother

>evolution

do you have proof of that existing?

>They're not SJWs or "Progressives" of any type. That's just a Stereotype.
All stereotypes have some truth to them, it's pattern recognition and atheists are more than likely left wing

>Genes decide everything
No they don't! Physics decides everything. The motions of every elementary particle, and the interactions they have with other particles, were determined at the moment of the Big Bang. Quantum physics doesn't change this, because despite its funny nature, its rules must be consistent, if hard to determine. There's not such a thing as "fate", so much as "Isaac Newton". Not only is the the deadliest son of a bitch in space, he's God.

Christianity

Obviously, atheists can exhibit moral behavior. But they lack a well-founded reason why they *ought* to. That doesn't stop them from doing it, but it does give them more of a reason not to.

Dogs

No I mean why would you feel empathy if you didn't think they were wronged necessarily.

I don't think you understand the concept of a "theory". But there are many evidence that support it, so many that it is sort of ludicrous to deny it. You can check out the place that have played a big impact in its early discovery. en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galápagos_Islands

a theory is a guess. I know about darwin and stuff. Had an atheist vegan teacher who shoved it down our throats like it was a religion.

Because I don't want to be killed or stolen from because that would feel bad, so by extension, I can come to the conclusion that it would feel bad for other people too? I don't think any sane human would want to be killed or stolen from, otherwise there's something mentally wrong with them. Unless I'm missing your point here somehow I don't really get what your question is.

>Religion doesn't make morality, empathy does
So let me ask you

Is it wrong to let transsexuals into society and allow homosexuals to marry?
If yes you're not emphasizing with the christians, if not you're not emphasizing with the degenerates. Empathy is entirely subjective and is what allows social workers to lie on immigration papers because "they're just looking for a better life".

>The quantum world governs the rules of this reality as we know them but will not manipulate it immediately. Every other possibility that would be incompatible with the current laws of physics that could exist in other realities is not readily available to this reality. With our external manipulation though, it can happen (Would be catastrophic in some cases)
That sounds like you've been reading Deepak Chopra et. al. I recommend reading textbooks, even though the math can be a little difficult to work through.

>Explain to me why nothing from quantum mechanics is used in hydrodynamics.
Sure. Because even though you would get a more accurate answer using Quantum Electrodynamics, it's much, much more difficult to work with. You would end up needing to do an extremely compute-intensive finite element simulation. Classical hydrodynamics is good enough for engineering problems.

That's what the law is for

Conservative atheist here, ama.

>Am I against homos? No.
>Do I want my country full of mudslimes? No
>Should christianity be abolished? No.
>Should we give free healthcare to the people. Yes, it's just amerifats who have an issue with this.

morality and empathy is not absolute. all im trying to say. depends on the culture and society.

A theory is something thats generally accepted but can't be recreated in a lab because it takes millions of years.

Retard.

Christianity

>the "athiesm caused PC culture" meme is retarded. Skepticism is a good thing to foster, having a "God" which you should never question is a retarded idea.
Never said created, but it does encourage such behavior. You won't see atheists, generally being against gay marriage or even trans privilege to bathrooms.

Atheism is bred through childish rebellion because the confines of virtue is too heavy for the complacent and lazy

That's not really what that was about. I am saying that basic morality comes from empathy, like don't hurt others or lie or steal or whatever. You are bringing complex political issues where instinctual morality no longer applies.

Me personally? No, fuck mentally ill trannies and fags. If anyone disagrees, then that's where discourse and compromise comes in. You know, just like in real life.

if the only thing making you a good person is fear of eternal damnation your not a good person.

>>I believe in one religion, out of countless others that have been born and died throughout history, many of which are now regarded as mythology, because...... fuck reddit lol!!!
Not to bring up physics again, but would you dismiss the Weinberg-Salam model of electroweak, just because all the other models of the electroweak force turned out to be false? Of course, only one view here is correct, whether it's Hinduism, Christianity, Atheistic Materialism, etc. But you figure that because Hinduism is false, Christianity must be false also? Not rational.

>105658768
Where is your evolution. You say it existed throughout millenia but I can't see it

All theories are not equal. It's a qualified guess. Just like the inner workings of our globe haven't been 100% proven but a liquid core theory that is supported by science is a lot more likely than some stupid shit a theist could come up with like the earth's magnetic field being generated by the big god electric eel that is sleeping on the bottom of the ocean.

Fuck, if I had written some fiction about that eel 1k years age to get a kid to eat his supper I could have fags today killing each other over my scribbles. That's literally how stupid theist fags are if we skip the political correctness.

but atheists also happen to be higher on intelligence measures and therefore are less likely to commit all forms of crime (not saying it's causative but it is correlated).

Not saying godless people "better" but on average smarter people are less religious and smarter people commit less violent crimes, give more to charity, etc.

All the atheists I know are dumb as rocks.