Was Italian unification a mistake?

Was ""Italy"" better when it was Independent Kingdoms and Duchies?

>Papal states
>Kingdom of Napoles
>Duchy of Milan
>etc.

nah it's the same shit m8

No, Two Sicilies fucking sucks in Vicky 2 prove me wrong
you can't

pro tip: liquor

Yes
Germany too

No

It was a bunch of irrelevant noncountries

After unification it became a colonial European power. Today it's the 8th most powerful economy on earth

I hate the "yes goyim, you must be divided greedy weak little provinces to be successful" meme

Garibaldi didn't unite italy, he divided africa.

>when it was "indipendent" kingdom
FTFY
by the way yes...blame France, Savoia and that fucking Garibaldi

>too smart for edgy bant

Don't bully South Italians

being independent is exactly the reason we became so irrelevant with the rise of big nation states, our balkanization with consequent inability to face big threats in an organized manner and infighting led us to being the puppets of half Europe until we unified

unification was done late and poorly, that's the problem, but it was necessary if we wanted to have some independence

No, they were better off under Napoleon's unification

literally nothing changed except for more central italian power by unification.

No, it's kept Italy from the Moors; mostly.

No but German unification was a mistake

Fucked up the continent for nearly 150 years

My question is this. Just what the hell does a venetian, a tuscan, a calabrese and a sicilian have in common with each other? Not even the same language.

that's just false
while it didn't happen overnight, Italy eventually gained its independence and semi relevant position among big powers

being so centralized was one of the mistakes

their centuries old Latin heritage

do you think just because France was unified much before Italy, the north and the south of it were some sort of carbon copies of each other before the rise of nationalism?

>no mantua
>no montferrat

>nation created by the will of France with the aid of france's boypucci Savoy and Piedmont
>but muh indipendence
indipendent from what exactly?

>the will of France
exactly, we were under their control before unification
but after the creation of Italy, even if done by one of those foreign powers, we gained our independence/freedom/self determination, how hard is it to understand?

Yes
t. Terrone

This.