PHILLY SODA TAX: the jewing intensifies

>tfw you have to pay a 50% on average tax on all drinks with sugar in them in this city as of Jan 1 to fund niggers until the end of time
JUST

Other urls found in this thread:

philly.com/philly/infographics/383217911.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I just drink water. Would suck having to pay for that on occasion when I get Gatorade or Snapple.

>has guns
>has freedom
>doesn't do shit about it

>inb4 we're better than them
>inb4 we gonna be facing the army then
>inb4 we're not psychopathic killers

I envy you so much America but despise you a lot at the same time

And who do you think buys those sugar sodas, hmmm?

Since you live in Philly find as many fat people as you can (shouldn't be a difficult task since Philly) and protest with signs that read "Fat lives matter"

Wait what the fuck is this?

A sugary drinks tax on a drink with no sugar in it?

>looked it up
>it's real

1.5 cents per ounce, meaning $1.92 per gallon of beverage.

I can't decide which I hate more, retarded municipal taxes or the fucking losers who are actually affected by this. Hmmmmmmmm.

seems fine to me. sugar is awful for you anyway.

What? I live in Philly, and this is the first I've heard of this.

Almost makes you think the goal WASN"T to make people healthier......

dude

Wow, so glad I left PA. 50% tax on birch beer? No thanks

>Fat fucks lazy want to drink sugary drinks and then expect tax payers to pay for their medical treatment when they go to the doctors office without insurance

Good. Fuck those fatties.

EBT cards and thus; tax payers.

Source?

Also: reeee

>root beer taxed too
NO

>soda is the sugar Jew
>angry at Jews for having to pay Jew tax on his new drink

Why do you drink the sugar Jew instead of healthy water? Is it because you can't control your urges like some sort of hedonist?

You laugh now but next they will tax meats due to animal activist and envirofags

They will tax our gains!

>this kills "toxic" masculinity

philly.com/philly/infographics/383217911.html

Also, apparently you can sell fruit juice loaded with added sugar and there's no tax because healthy fruit juice.

Where the fuck have you been?!?

Welp Coca Cola lawsuit inbound

Texas has a brutal wine tax.

But we also have no income tax, so I'm fine with it. Tax literally has to come from somewhere.

aaaaaand I'm looking in to who lives in Philly... it's niggers.

Sin tax is a good idea. It should be cheaper to eat and drink healthy stuff

This guy nailed it exactly.

It's similar to how creeping environmental regulations are all precursors to the holy grail of jewish engineered usury; carbon cap and trade schemes.

>using /fit/ lingo
>not knowing about complex proteins

Ok, newfriend, here's one for free: eat beans and cornbread together. There's your protein and your "gains."

>2017
>drinking diabetes

>living in the biggest shithole in America

Goes right along with the white genocide and nigger on college student muggings t b h

>drinking jew in a bottle
>not reverse osmosis water

Any other Pennsylvania residents here? Ridley park Delaware county here. Thank god I live just far enough away from philly that I'm not affected by its garbage

>PA cucks
>NY cucks
haha.

Meat has complete proteins. Other proteins are incomplete.

>beans & bread
Welcome to Mexico & Goodbye to you anus.

Thanks Obama.

fucking kek

orange juice is as bad or worse than soda

Only cuck here is you. Fuckin loser

A complete protein (or whole protein) is a source of protein that contains an adequate proportion of all nine of the essential amino acids necessary for the dietary needs of humans or other animals.

I used to live in Pittsburgh

I know they went for shillary in the election, but its honestly one of the nicer cities I have ever been to. They keep their nonsense highly compartmentalized

that is a pretty hefty tax, but you shouldn't be drinking soda anyway.

Is there a problem here :^)

Today its soda, tomorrow its some staple in your diet.

Yeah, just charge people arbitrarily for doing anything you dont like. Sounds good.

Found the fatty

Sin taxes should be the only tax. We shouldn't be taxing people's income.

went to Pitt for 2 years
i love me some oakland

>It should be cheaper to eat and drink healthy stuff
It is. The "fast food is cheaper" meme has been debunked many many times. Anything that includes processing and labor will cost more than raw ingredients.

>tfw $1 arizona is going to go from $1.08 to $1.50

I dont even drink soda you sperg. As usual ,Sup Forums is too short sighted to see the problem because "muh degeneracy"

It's not arbitrary. Sugary drinks are not good for you. You'd be better off never drinking one

Ha
>still 99c in Tejas

My town voted for trump which pissed off all the faggot millennials moving here

I agree.
how do you feel about sales tax in general ?

Ramen noodle is about the cheapest calories you can buy and it's not good for you.

Live in Bucks County, go to school and work in Philly, and pack my lunch

I live in the land of tax and spend and even this wouldn't make it a week here.

A lot of food stores had signs that said "say no to the grocery tax" which was their name for the soda tax

Good shit what school? Art institute for me

Almost nothing in the average americans diet is good for you. Do you advocate taxes on anything the government decides they dont want you to consume?

Im 5'10 at 175 and lift regularly. Stop projecting

I think sales tax discourages people from buying things so we should only tax things we don't want people to buy

>Buying soda

Here at least, municipal taxes such as this don't go towards health care, or the federal govt period. I thought America worked the same way?

>liberals

>abortion
>my body my choice!

>soda
>you cant drink that it's not good for your body

>It's not arbitrary. Sugary drinks are not good for you. You'd be better off never drinking one
Which is why the tax is applied to drinks with zero sugar in them. But not to fruit juice with huge amount of sugar.

Temple University, nice campus but North Philly should be nuked. Wish my school was in Center City

Yeah I used to go to temple but the area is just too shady and everyone's always lookin for trouble

>not drinking super male vitality exclusively

cuck

At least you saved a dollar.

Sounds like there is still some more fine tuning to do to the laws. Let's not just give up because it's complicated.

Do they use the tax money to subsidize healthy foods? because sinking it in to "programs" and anything else would be a waste.

Exactly, I lived there for two years before I moved back with my parents. It's an awful place, makes me sick to be there. I would transfer but I love my program

Non-Ontarian detected.

We just had a carbon tax kick in here, gas prices went up 20 cents a litre on New Years.

>please tax me 58%

Bet you glad you got that representation after taxation now, bitch

Also
>Stockholm syndrome
>Stockholm capital of Sweden
>Sweden

Confirmed for max cuckage

WHERE MY PHILLY BROS AT

MEET ME AT MCGILLANS IN AN HOUR

IM THE FAT GUY IN THE CORNER, ANY OF THEM

This is the result of the fine tuning, though. It started off applying only to drinks with added sugar

>Yeah, just charge people arbitrarily for doing anything you dont like. Sounds good.
Shut the fuck up, fatty.

After they amputate your leg from diabetes, they should roast it and force feed it to you. Lets pass that fucking law.

>every fat guy in every corner of every dingy bar confirmed for Sup Forumslack

Not just in philly, either.

It's not a useful thing for the government to be doing in the first place. That they couldn't at least start it of right is a reasonable ground for them to stop doing it.

Just stop eating junk food, it's bad for you anyway. This is just another reason.

Their wine tax is due to California having the best wine in the world (according to blind taste tests). Anything from California in Texas people are afraid they will catch liberalism or something.

Juices should also be taxed, but not as high as sodas

I'm thinkingg about going to Penn for law school. Can any PA fags tell me anything about it or the area? I'm from Cali btw.

At least they could use the tax for treating diabetes or subsidizing insulin. That would make a twisted sort of sense. But no. They claim it will go to education, but you know it will just go to the general fund.

>y-you dont aupport arbitrary taxes on food items that happen to be bad for you???
>y-you must be a fatty
The irony of you retarded statists and your beliefs will be lost on you until the noose is around your neck. Kys

Good. When I was a kid my mom gave me nothing but crap to eat. Make it more expensive and maybe other shitty parents wont do the same.

It's not just juice that isn't taxed, it's juice WITH added sugar. There's no excuse for that.

I'd rather discourage people from drinking soda than discourage people from earning an income. Income tax make absolutely no sense. At least a sin tax encourages good behavior

so who even buys drinks with sugar in them? degenerate. I wish they didn't add this tax not because I personally believe it isn't right but because I want those niggers and degenerates to be drinking sugar and pathetic.

Philly is on the upswing. A lot of non-millionaire New Yorkers I know are thinking of moving there.

Which speaks well of its present, if not its future.

Anything but center city is a shithole

We have no one to blame but ourselves.
Had to be done for the children, so all the retarded lefties supported it without question. This is just democratic beliefs put into action. It's the same shit that nigger Nutter tried to pass.

It's funny, all my mother's white friends had no problem when this was first brought up and all vote left. But now that they are paying double on every drink they buy, they are all showing off their receipts and bitching about it.

And I guarantee this city will elect another lefty in the next election. Why are liberals too stupid to learn from their mistakes?

The real funny thing is though, all the small businesses and corner stores are losing business overall because of this and will end up having to close shop. The whites are just going to buy out of city or not at all, all who will be buying left is the niggers in food stamps which can't be taxed by law. Just like the cigarette tax, this tax is going to be a total flop and cause the city to lose revenue and further ruin our cities already destroyed economy.
Sugar substitutes count towards the tax too. Literally the only things exempt are water (no flavoured water) milk and 100 percent juices. Also alcohol since they already have a tax.
They already tried, along with other beverage companies and local businesses. The judge through it out because it's not technically a sales tax. They say they will continue to pursue it in court, but I don't see anything coming of it.
So is literally everything that is fruits and vegetables. May as well slap a huge tax on everything, because who need freedom amirite.

(((Coca Cola))) BTFO

That's really dumb. Juices with added sugar should be taxed more than normal juice, but less than soda

So, its future will be another overpriced gentrified shithole full of hipsters. Sounds like the SF model.

>Im 5'10

Manlet

>Sugar substitutes count towards the tax too. Literally the only things exempt are water (no flavoured water) milk and 100 percent juices. Also alcohol since they already have a tax.

Does Philly have good tap water?

Don't fruit juices have sugar in them naturally?

I'm guessing the blacks in Philly don't have to pay this, since EBT purchases are exempt from taxes?

>wine
>literally rotten grape juice
>so easy to make that nigger babies could produce it
get back to me with a drink that actually requires thought to create, Kommieforniabro. Squeezing shit into a bottle and forgetting about it doesn't count as "work", and should cost nothing more than the grapes and the bottles by themselves.

I'd rather have a gentrified city than a crime-filled slum.

You'd have a point if the tax money was going towards health care and not sending niglets to pre-k for free (glorified babysitter) and going to some shitty parks.
Our tap water is fine.
Yes, but as long as it's 100 percent fruit it's exempt. Not much fruit is 100 percent though, just a few top orange and apple juice brands.

t. Californian

You fucks stick out like a sore thumb.

SF just needs to kick out all the bums and it would be perfect