What happened to the IRA?

I heard about this group only a little bit during my childhood, but why haven't I heard anything about them for years now?

Is it censorship by the Irish government to avoid promoting a supposed terrorist organization (even though we hear plenty about Daesh/ISIS)? Or, is it simply that the entire movement has died down and has been wiped out?

Please give me the redpill on the IRA Sup Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

michaeltsarion.com/occult-history-of-ireland.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

British army destroyed them

Don't fuck with SAS commandos

I see. What was your opinion on them? Did they have the right ideals, or were they using the wrong means to achieve what they wanted?

They're terrorists. So obviously they had the wrong objective. They also assassinated some high ranking members of the aristocracy which was a big no no

Obvious troll..

Dang, that is bad. It surprises me that such an conflict happened in a modern, first-world country.

They don't want the britfags in Ireland. Understandable. We didn't want them here, either.

They realized northern Ireland was shit and didn't want it. UK is stuck with them now though even though it would be cheaper to just give them away

I couldn't tell. I am too dense to these things
They were fighting for independence, and seeking the establishment of a republic. I can see the similarity between them and the 1776 revolution, although it seems that they are not universally supported throughout Ireland.

Bombing busloads of school children and shooting up street full of civilians tend to leave people with a negative light on you in the civilized world.

That's why all the high ranking IRA members are dead or permanently behind bars classified as terrorists

And now youre part of the rapidly depleting 63%.

when at one point they were "defenders" of the community (keeping drug dealers out for example) they now turned into people that prey upon the community (by dealing drugs)

I wonder why they thought it was a good idea to target civilians like that?! Though, I have no idea how they could have achieved anything without the whole of Ireland also supporting them, unless they had high profile members of the Irish government/military that believed in the same thing
that is truly sad

michaeltsarion.com/occult-history-of-ireland.html

faggots decided to be more flamboyant and less retarded and turned into politicians

The IRA were an organized gang. They said they wanted a unified Ireland but really all they wanted to do was run drugs, drugs, and every other type of crime and have a romantic excuse why they were killing British lawmen who weren't on their payroll like many Ireland cops were

UK was importing Englishmen/Protestants to north Ireland as pseudo colonists. I believe those people were targeted to a degree

lmao epic

Tiocfaidh ár lá

I am unsure what to make of this.must be a shitpost
sounds smart. changing the laws for a freer Ireland would be in their benefit
what you are saying seems to be the general consensus; they started legit and became corrupted along the way

I wonder if the UK was aware of the ramifications of importing people like that into north Ireland. In the end, it seems the UK got what they wanted.
kek. didn't know irish was such a strange language

Just read it.

It explains a lot of what you're probing from the perspective of a northern Irishman.

>UK was importing Englishmen/Protestants to north Ireland as pseudo colonists

Most of them were Scots.

okay I will bookmark it and read it another time, but I am not really invested in (((Illuminati))) conspiracy theories user

Most of them have gone back to their "day jobs" now (being career criminals).

the lure of money mate...