Do americans identify more as anglo or germanic people...

Do americans identify more as anglo or germanic people? I often see US posters identifying with Anglos but according to this map most of them have german roots.

That map is a meme relying on self identification. Most Anglo-Americans simply find the English boring and prefer to identify with a grandparent or great grandparent of Irish/German heritage.

That being said, Anglo and German are probably tied for making up the largest European ethnic group in the US.

>self identification
self reporting* fuck me I should go to bed

They've all got names like Will Smith, not Ernst Weber. Clearly they're English.

While the WWI and WWII the american cucks were not allowed to enjoy german culture or language...this killed almost all of german in the states

Another explanation could be because the English were mostly part of the first migrations, where the Germans came later and would then be in the most recent past.

So for example if someone's ancestors in the early 1900s are 3/4 Anglo Settler, meaning they're fully assimilated and pretty much just American at that point, and 1/4 recent German settler, they'd probably claim to be German because that part stands out more and is more apparent.

Yeah after WW2 a lot of Germans switched their surnames to Anglo ones. There was actually a period before then where speaking German was very widespread, almost as much as English I think.

If we go buy the heritage threads on here, most Americans are just mongrels with concept of cultural heritage.

Well, many changed their name to appear more anglo too. Will Smith could be Willhelm Schmidt for example. I could see the map being true because whenever I read wikipedia articles about random famous people from 1700 to today you find out they changed their name from something german to something english.

It doesn't make much of a difference since germanics and anglos are pretty close anyway but I was wondering what the average american feels more connected to.

As an American I have both, but the German parts of my family are the majority. The Anglo part of my family has been in the country like 200 years longer though.

>There was actually a period before then where speaking German was very widespread, almost as much as English I think.
Yeah, I think it was number one language in scienetific journals at some point.

Americans aren't anglo or germanic, they're mongrels and can only identify as white.

They had their chance to be an Anglo ethnostate but decided to open the floodgates to other european countries to increase their population. (Some founding fathers warned against this but whatever they made their choice now)

>but I was wondering what the average american feels more connected to.
Probably German then. Sorry I thought you were looking more for the ethnic makeup.

I think average white Americans have more contempt for the British due to the redcoats than Germans for the nazis desu, it's quite funny.

Yeah imagine doing that, I'm sure no one important in the UK who change their German sounding name to something more Anglo.....

>They had their chance to be an Anglo ethnostate but decided to open the floodgates to other european countries to increase their population.
Pot calling the kettle black.

Not on St' Patrick's Day. On St. Patties Day most Americans are all of a sudden of Irish decent.

>That being said, Anglo and German are probably tied for making up the largest European ethnic group in the US.
Nope. Ethnicity in the US doesn't work that way - we aren't still Germans and Dutch and whatever else. All US whites have assimilated into a "white American" ethnicity that is part of the greater Anglo group. All the talk of being 14/88ths French or Scot is nonsense that confuses genetics with identity.

87% of the UK have ancestry dating back 10,000 years in the British Isles. The vast majority of people here are English, Scottish, Welsh or Irish.

America has had mass German immigration since 1700s

There was a debate before the US joined the First World War on whether to side with the English or Germans because of the population of both nations living here. Nearly went with the Germans. Kinda wished we did. German Empire would be cool.

Fine, genetic contribution from existing ethnic groups in Europe at the time. Autist.

They definitely don't have special hats or anything

I think that most southerners are descended from the original English settlers. All my family names are English and Scottish, and the same is true for the vast majority of people from my small town. During The Civil war, the federal government imported many vibrant Germans and Irish to kill the natives down south.

Germans attempted to get Mexico to invade America.

Philadelphia? More like ITALIANDELPHIA AHAHAAHAHABAHAAHHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAAHHAHAAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHA

>Will Smith could be Willhelm Schmidt for example.

Damn you're right, dis nigga a true Aryan innit.

I identify with the Celts of Scotland and Ireland. Wales can come hang out too.

NEVER CONQUERED.

I'm both Anglo and German why pick a side? I just see the white side

only if the usa declared war on germany

It also imported them to gain a voting bloc that will vote for its expansion. Non anglos don't value their freedoms, so it was easy game from there.

Amerifats identifying as Irish is like faggots identifying as shit like gender neutral, except the Irish exist. Stop living in a fantasy you cheese sweating retards.

the map is BS

> (OP)
>That being said, Anglo and German are probably tied for making up the largest European ethnic group in the US.
Nope, it goes:

Germanic
African (the slave kind)
Anglo

Yet you are speaking the language of your masters, Toby

As a person from burgerland, 7/8 of my great grand parents were of germanic decent. Having traced the family trees personally their lineage is entirely from the 1820s at the latest. Most of whom came over in the late 1600s and early 1700s. I even have a German Bible from that time period that has been passed down in my family.

I identify as American. My European ancestry is both profound and in the past. I've been to the shithole town my parents migrated from in the 1970s, even at the tender age of 5 I knew why they left. Luxembourg is full of fat, drunk idiots who are all related to one another within a few generations of marriage or blood.

Italian famlam

The Brits and italians at the heart of civilization again. Germans and others our servants

This is a meme. Anglo Americans just call themselves Americans. If they have a distant relative who is German or Irish they'll report that as it's more 'exotic'.

I bet the true 'Irish' American population in the US is a fraction of what is reported.

Well, any one who wants to be white wouldn't identify as Irish, since the Irish aren't white.

Why're you so butthurt? :^)

Get that fucking leaf off our flags!

A real german

My maternal side is German
My Paternal side is French
I live in South Carolina

I dont get that at all - why would you be proud of being a paddy? surely you would want to be more associated with the greatest people on earth instead?

German makes up the largest ethnic group in the USA, making up more than 17% of our population. It was a much larger percentage before the 1970s. Until WW1, German was as well-known and widely spoken as English in the USA, English being the unofficial first language of the USA, and German being an unofficial second language.

My family's an interesting case in the Anglo-Saxon vs German debate. They were colonists from Britain, specifically sent here to kill savages that were attacking the colonists. But they were extremely recent additions to Britain. They fled from Austria in the late 1500s, because they were being hunted and killed (they sacrificed over 300 children for witchcraft shit). Upon leaving Austria, they changed their names to be more English-sounding. They were formerly known as Gamperle.

we're all mutts, identifying as a specific type is a meme.

Friedman's speech. Americans were pro German untill the zionist media started to shill against the Germans in WW2: the result is the Jewish mess we live in now.

except when we aren't mutts, like myself

You guys heavily overestimate how much we do this.

Keep in mind your average person isn't a nationalist and doesn't rely on the achievements of their ancestors for their own self-esteem, like Sup Forums.

I have never in my life heard a white American identify as an "Anglo" in the 3D world.

Kek, it's likely that the guy who says he's 'part Irish' was actually descended from evil proddy settlers and slavedrivers from Great Britain.

No he's right most of what has been said only makes sense white Americans have melded into the White American category.

'Muh Guinness haha St. Patrick's Day amirite haha'

Because of an anal fissure. But for real, I've met a load of Yanks that come up giving the old "Oh I'm Irish too" as if they're a citizen. Nationality isn't hereditary.

We actually used to have a lot of actual Germans. They had their towns where everyone spoke "Dutch".

there are still newspapers published in german where i live...

Yeah, we're the salmon skinned tier above white.

most normal americans identify as americans. I think my people came mostly from England many generations ago, but they might as well have come from mars. I'm american.

I suppose if you actually had relatives who spoke German or whatever at home, it would make sense to identify as German-american, but I've never met an american who gave a damn. Then again, I live in the Sane South; yankees still probably get bent out of shape if you think they are Irish or whatever.

Sheeit you in Penn?

yes

In my experience, about half the Americans I've met abroad have done it, never mind the ones I've met visiting here that go on about how they're Irish because of their long dead ancestors.

I identify as an American.

Knowing where the bloodline came from is neat and all but it's not driving my life.

you retarded? where is the huge greek migration that consists of nearly 2 million greek people?

You know that the biggest "genocides" the KKK commited was against Greeks and not niggers right?

I am pretty sure Greek mafia was a thing back in America

>Do americans identify more as anglo or germanic people?

American.

In case you're confused, pic related.

My ancestors came from Europe but changed or altered their last names to sound more American - because they identified as American. They embraced the ideas and cultures of America.

Maybe you should pull up a population density map.

You are aware they're not saying they're citizens of Ireland, right? They're saying they had short, drunk, ginger-haired ancestors, and it's the last connection they have to any culture since our culture was destroyed and replaced with blind consumerist hedonism in late 1960s. It's the same thing for Americans calling themselves German or whatever. It's a connection by blood.

What, do paddies not care about their blood? Can a sandnigger be Irish just because he was born in Ireland?

>tfw one of my grandparents left in the 60's and for some reason they let u get a dual citizenship for "return home" type thing

WE
WUZ

Americans are americans.
Being german is not an ethnicity it's a nationality.

another thing britbongs like to forget is their royal family is literally german.

>it's the last connection they have to any culture since our culture was destroyed and replaced with blind consumerist hedonism
We still have a culture. It's just having a crisis of confidence.

>german is not an ethnicity
German "education" right here

Look at the men in my pic
SO
YOU
BE
SAYIN
(Tortures a retarded man)
HOL UP
(rapes a German child)
AYY HAHA NO NO NO WAIT
(Tackles a cop and dies)

YOU BE SAYIN IF WE GOT CITIZENSHIP WE WOULD BE KRAUTS?

Sure, whenever they're in the presence of a true Irishman or abroad in Europe they might bring up their heritage to try and relate (wouldn't you do the same? It's just conversation), but I'm telling you that's not something we talk about day-to-day on the subway, which is what Sup Forums Americans make it seem like.

Many germans anglised their names, for example from Schmidt or Schmid to Smith

If they were that german they would speak german

They are anglos.
Come on.

/thread

OP has no idea about what he is talking. He just found a pic and start a shitpost.

>since our culture was destroyed and replaced

cry me a river. we have as much "culture" as anyone. culture does not have to go back 1000 years to count.

america is a huge place. some people are heavily into college basketball. that is part of their culture. some other people collect antique guns. others might like to hike or ride bikes.

you don't have to do cute adorable tourist-trap shit to have culture. culture is a part of being human.

It's the same in Europe as well. But more so in America than Europe or the other former European colonies.

Hey i'm an American and my ancestors come from China.

I sometimes add a little bit of Tibetan to make it sound exotic.

Don't bother.

The only thing Americans will take from this picture is "WE WUZ UBERMENSCH AND SHEEIT".

Absolutely. Blood and skin don't make a person. I know lots of brown and black Irish guys. They were born here. They were raised here. They were educated here. They don't go around raping, stealing and killing so they're not niggers. They're Irish, like Phil Lynott was Irish.

Upper midwest reporting

All Germans, don't know of any Anglos. Know what we call minorities around here? Norwegians

>National language of USA is English
How did the Germans get cucked so hard?

From what family history can be tracked in my family is straight last name. Beckham. Definitely English. Came here in 1750. So basically American. The English is so far removed.

by arriving 100 years after the founding of our country.

>being reasonable with the average socially awkward Sup Forumstard

I'm pretty sure the only reaosn why those guys are not leftist is because they met a black guy who happened to say "peace" instead of "goodbye"

Sure, I'd say I have relatives currently living in the states, but if my parents moved here from the states I'd still say "Oh my parents are Yanks but I was born and raised here and I'm Irish"

>I just see the white side
This is good and bad. But it is necessary otherwise we all perish.

founding fathers never chose a national laguage, most international trade was through britbongs due to their navy. Most German immigrants came by way of London early on due to the the german royal family settling america with willing germans via land grants.

I identify as an American, you kraut bastard!

My family came to the US from England in the early 1600's, so Anglo.

thats where you are wrong, the majority of german immigration occurred before the revolutionary war.

Do Americans consist of all the unwanted rejected people from all over the world?

I mean, especially the White Americans.

I'm sure their ancesters were all religious fanatics, psychos, had Autism or were murderers and rapists.

Which is probibly why American whites are so violent and weird.

am i the only one posting facts and not shiposting?

>Do Americans consist of all the unwanted rejected people from all over the world?
Basically yes

The only anglos left in America are in the south. Hence the inbreeding.

KEK how does the Nazis invading France make you feel?

Americans have predominately British isle ancestry, meaning that on average you are more likely to find an american with more british isle dna than german/french/italian dna than an american with more german or french dna than british isle/italian dna ect]

They are all mutts though, they're not british/german/italian they are american euro mutts but typically with more british isle input on average than other ancestries
#1 those german flags are in low desnley populated areas that received a large share of german immigrants to US
#2 when an american has 4 grandparents, and one of these grandparents had a parent of grandparent that came over from Germany/Ireland but there 3 other grandparents are american born 10+ generations they'll probably identify as German/Irish.. especially Irish.. Irish ancestry is very overestimated
#3 misleading because the seacond, third most common ancestry is not shown and neither is population