STREET-SHITTERS MUST STAND FOR ANTHEM

>India's supreme court has ruled that the national anthem must be played in every cinema before a film is screened.
>Judges said the order should be enforced within 10 days and audiences must stand when the anthem is played.
>In the 1960s and 1970s, cinemas regularly played the anthem but the practice declined. >Opinion on the court move is divided on social media.
>There is no uniform law in India regarding the anthem and the 29 states have had their own laws on the issue.
>Shyam Narayan Chouksey, a 77-year-old resident of Bhopal, had petitioned the court asking for the national anthem order.
>"Over the years I've been seeing that the proper respect for the national anthem is not being paid by the common people as well as the constitutional functionaries," he told the BBC Asian Network.

bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-38155630

Good idea Sup Forums? Would this legislation cause a backlash in your country?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LZ0ue-XGl9c
youtube.com/watch?v=4g3gRf2WlXQ
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

If it was in burgerland I'd probably be making fun of it but desu this might be good for India, remind them they live in an actual country and not an african shithole.

I might actually pay the big screen Jew if they did that here.

But is this a move that could work for us all today?
As an Australian I'm interested, since we did this decades ago when God Save the Queen was still our national anthem.
Working in aged care I hear a lot of old timers talk about it. They seem quite divided about it today.

And now no one can utilize the anthem in a commercial way or make it look cartoonish for advertisements

That wasn't always the case? I find that odd given that you can be prosecuted for defamation of Ghandi's character there.

I think it could work in conjunction with a general policy shift to instill a more nationalistic mindset in the Australian people. Not particularly useful as a standalone decision however.

Some movies used to play stylised Versions of that, it was basically to standardize it

>general policy shift to instill a more nationalistic
But then how far becomes too far before there's a backlash? Sporting events? Removing one's headwear in a room with a portrait of Her Majesty?

youtube.com/watch?v=LZ0ue-XGl9c

Not a bad idea idea, not bad at all.
And I'm sure there are plenty of Finns who'd love to hear their anthem from movie teather speakers.

>If it was in burgerland I'd probably be making fun of it
we do it on military bases

I can't really see it working here in Australia, not sure about India.

The nationalism of the old days was stoked by duty not by law. If you force people to do something by law they're just more likely to rebel.

On a side note, do Indians really do this?

youtube.com/watch?v=4g3gRf2WlXQ

I know this works at sporting events there and I could honestly see it working. Fair assessment?

I would prefer god save the queen to the current piece of shit we have now.

They wouldn't need to be intrusive changes, just say things like requiring supermarkets to put Australian products in prime positions. You want to get people used to the idea of being nationalistic, not shove nationalism in their face and turn them off it.

>one of them decides to kneel or sit.

What happens to them if they pull a kappernick?

And when She passes? I can't see the public singing for Prince Charles.
Start on a State by State basis at first? I could see this working in WA and SA, QLD probably not, the rest highly unlikely...
This could work. The current system of labelling has failed.

>kappernick
Hasn't he lost the respect of the majority of the nation for it?

This desu.

It should automatically go to William, people feel warmed by Kate and I know I would sing god save the queen for her.

Why do normies hate Prince Charles, being a King is a birthright, you don't give it straight to William because plebians find him lovely

>Why do normies hate Prince Charles
The blatant adultery?

Something like that wouldn't cause much backlash but I personally fucking hate my national anthem, not only is it the most passive trash I've heard but it's in malay language too for some damned reason

>Prince Chad fucks whoever he likes
WEW
Why would you be triggered for decades over that

Last time some one gave an excuse of "being on a wheelchair" to not stand up on the national anthem here, was beaten by the crowd present in the cinema hall.

>On a side note, do Indians really do this?
No, its usually whistling, clapping and cheering during the movie on cool stunts and dialogues.

That video is from south India, they are crazy for their movies and the guy in the movie is Rajnikant who is treated like a literal god by South Indians.

And this election is "reserved" for our shitskin brethren.

Your kidding right?

Fucking over our one and only diana? Fuck off.

what do you think would happen in a country filled with subhumans
guaranteed beaten half to death

Sounds like what we do with the Rocky Horror Pictrure Show.
>Why would you be triggered for decades over that
Pretty hard to claim divine right when you're balls deep in some horseface for several decades. The days of August the Strong are long gone.

Kek, they have temples of movie stars you have no clue

Fuck off, we were here first. Malay is our national language and if you don't like it chink you can fuck right off

Even if president is a widely ceremonial position, no dirty malay deserves to be our head of state.

I can believe it.

>50.1% Malay
What's the problem?

JAYA HAY

JAYA HAY

JAYA JAYA JAYA JAYA JAYA JAYA JAYA JAYA

HAYYYYY

So funny in Singapore and Malaysia...especially Malaysia, curry Indians, Chinese and Malaise all hate eachothers guts.

She was fucking a slime tho

We're less than 15% malay, a malay anthem feels so disconnected from the population pretty much no sense of national pride is invoked from it
Malay are human trash, it was the British who turned Singapore from a primitive shithole to a decent city, and it was none other than our greatest leader Lee Kuan Yew who is Chinese who brought us out of the shitter after WW2 left us in ruins. You being here first means jack shit when we would be worse off than Malaysia without the British and Chinese around.

Everyone hates mudslime malays, but you have piss-stained skin so I don't think you're in the position to talk about skin color

for anyone who is curious here's their national anthem:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_peUxE_BKcU

You get that our (I'm Singaporean) have you filthy mudslime animals on a tight leash, right? The government is breeding you yalam cunts out by bringing in chink and curry immigrants. You don't get to blast you mudslime music in the mornings and government nurses aren't allowed to wear tents on their heads

Our government*

Even worse is they have to sit back down after and watch an Indian movie surrounded by Indians

I've always wondered since US cinemas everyone throws their popcorn and lobster buckets on the chair and the ground afterwards

do Indians throw their curry on the ground and shit on the seats?

>On a side note, do Indians really do this?
>No, its usually whistling, clapping and cheering during the movie on cool stunts and dialogues.
Indians are crazy about movies in general and this is very common in India.

South India is a lot better than east. East is full of indian niggers ( low caste people -generally poo in loo type). This is also the reason why india cannot be a power house country.

They vandalize the only pristine thing left...

If you are talking about the North East Indian people, then you are very fucking wrong. They are one of the most civilized people in the country.

Though Bihar, West Bengal and Jharkhand are the Indian states that needs to be nuked.

Kek, states with the highest selection in most of the major exams yes destroy the brain and let the niggers in South live

You mean the porcelain jew

I will sum up india for you. The filthy rich people are civilized and poor are not. India doesn't have a middle class family either its poor or rich and difference in wealth distribution is too fucking high. Indian caste system also matters usually people like Brahmin/Kshatriyas are more civilized honest people then vaishyas/sudras. Vaishyas/sudras are literal niggers.

>Bihar
>Bihar don't have brains
>Selection is because of widespread cheating and corruption
>Highest producers of rapists, criminals, rickshaw pullers and nigger tier laborers
>Destroys every beautiful place by littering like niggers and spitting tobacco everywhere
>Sell their own daughter for mere 2000 rupees for marriage
>Poo, spit, brush, wash cloth in the same pond they get water from.

I know we rich are civilized, but most of us live in cities which are total filth tier because of poor people in slums on the other hand North East India isn't super rich but is super fucking clean with basically zero designated shitting streets.

Its not just bihar its every where in india but yes uttar pradesh suck ass.
And yes you are right about north east india but they don't even speak hindi mate. They have no sense of national pride and its a tottaly different sect compared to other part of india.

>They have no sense of national pride and its a tottaly different sect compared to other part of india.

Ahahaha fuck that we'd rather choose to be among us tribes then the rest of the Indians being a political puppet of a shitty government and it because of them we're now facing swarms of mudshit filth
Honestly we northeastern people would be pleased to ever break off of India as a whole