Why is abortion a political issue

why is abortion a political issue

because the gubmint is interfering with its legality

>why is murder a political issue

Fetuses aren't people and can't be murdered

Because we have disagreements about whether life begins at conception or at birth. Which is fair enough, since life is hard to define and either answer is legitimate.

The Christian bullshit is just that, bullshit.

A better question is why net neutrality and climate change have become political issues instead of problems we're working to solve.

I wish you were aborted.

Religious idiots.

Sup Forums is full of retards about this.

It's morality, one group says it's fine another says it's bad. So politics ensue

Newfag has reasonable point on Sup Forums, go eat a bullet.

and what? what's your fucking point??

>According to science a fetus is a human
>According to science a fetus is alive
>According to morons a living human isn't a person

Why is murder illegal?

Because abortions could be lost potential votes

Why does anybody oppose abortion, do you have any actual logical reason besides muh morals or muh god

>Because we have disagreements about whether life begins at conception or at birth. Which is fair enough, since life is hard to define and either answer is legitimate.
This is false.
Biological life as defined by science begins at fertilization.
Period.

jewish headlines

nice tumblr gif

abortion is a sin and woman who has one will end up in hell for eternity. worth? being against abortions is just trying to save life of a human and trying to save soul of mother. i dont see how can anyone hate those who oppose abortion.

Why does anyone oppose murder, do you have any actual logical reason besides muh morals?

Why does anyone oppose theft, do you have any actual logical reason besides muh morals?

why does anyone oppose arson, do you have any actual logical reason besides muh morals?

why does anyone oppose rape, do you have any actual logical reason besides muh morals?

ain't google handy?

Someone told me it's ok to kill a fetus because they can't feel pain until a while into the pregnancy.

>there are people with a condition where they can't feel any pain sensation
>this person thinks it should be legal to kill them

(you)

>a fetus isn't a human

Politics are, in it's core, an "answer to a problem" (not necesseraly a "solution").
Too much people is crying about the matter, which led to a "legitimate" concern from the government to use politics to arrange an answer, which in effect means "x" is a "political issue", that can be regulated with "legislation".

Politics 101.

Its not murder though anymore than killing an insect is murder, you're putting unwarranted value on something that most don't see as valuable

Yes, I'd like to have a say in whether or not I'll be elligible for a continuous financial burden in the next 18 to 26 years.

>without intervention will naturally turn into a human
>it's not murder

Abortions are good in the US because minorities have a them a lot. That's fucked up but honestly we'd be drowning in brownies if it weren't for Planned Parenthood.

It's because the fucking FETUS DONT HAVE A IDENTITY OR ANY SENSE OF BEING ALIFE. THIS MONGALIAN IMAGE BOARD GET MORE RETARDED. IN THE END IT'S JUST A PAIL OF FLEASH THAT GOING TO EVOLVE TO BECOME A HUMAN

>Has a unique DNA sequence that is human
>is alive
>By definition it is a living human
>You say it isn't human
Then what is it?
A chipmunk? A tiger?

Because women don't care about important issues that move our society forward so they care about the only thing that blatantly affects them in a way they're capable of noticing so it's a huge deal to them when it means very fucking little except to whores who like to ride the cock carousal until they get old

Even if it could turn into one that's irrelevant, it's not it has less value in society than a person does, hell it has less value than a cat and using technicalities won't ever change people's minds if they fundamentally don't see the same value you do

>Living human
>"Killing it is like killing an insect"
Want to try to support your claim that a human is just like an insect?
You also need to explain why killing you is no different than killing an insect

> (OP)
>Religious idiots.
>Sup Forums is full of retards about this.

>Idiots
>How do I use grammar?

It doesn't matter the "value" society places on it. Should it be legal to kill a poor person because society has less value for them?

WHO GIVES A SHIT ABOUT GRAMMAR YOU PIECE OF SHIT.

">without intervention will naturally turn into a human" means that at the point of termination it isn't a human and thus not object of any laws regarding murder, which means you're deliberately using false and emotionally charged language.

Have some standard

Because it is inherently political.
The root question is "what does it mean to be human".
The argument for abortion begins with when does the human first exist in the womb.
This really isn't a hard subject to understand.

>muh morals not a legitimate argument

TOP KEK lad just kill yourself you nihilistic degenerate fuck

Everything is based on value, that's why abortion is accepted because of the value society places on it and cultures that ban it place more value in it

>"Turn into a human"?
WTF are your prattling about?
A zygote has a FULL HUMAN DNA SET
A zygote is by definition ALIVE.
It is a living human. Full stop.
A fetus doesn't magically transform from a soccer ball into a human at the moment of birth - birth isn't some supernatural ritual that changes the ontological nature of a pickle into a human!

>muh can't give a good reason.

KYS you meaningless subatom

>I didn't even *take* biology, let alone FAIL it!
FTFY
>thinks evolution occurs inside the womb! BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

An insect has virtually no value to people, a fetus has very little value

who cares if it is legal. is it moral? waddaya think

Good and evil don't exist. They're social constructs created to keep people from going crazy when they decided God no longer existed. We arbitrarily select what is good and evil to begin with, we started calling that ethics.
Pretty much in our attempt to remove God from the -ologies we made a new problem of describing good and evil since previously there were just religious commandments or social norms.

You can choose to believe that abortion isn't ending a life before its had a chance, when it has no defense. And I'll continue to believe that's wrong.
It comes down to the fact that all of humanity is worthless so in ethics we have to choose what is valuable, even though human worth can't be evaluated with out circular reasoning. I just chose to side with the side that will lengthen the life time of our race since I arbitrarily chose to assign worth to that concept.

>"Humans have less value than humans"
Ah, how nice it must be to have such a poor grasp on language that you don't realize how retarded you are

Because "muh body muh choice" feminist crap. This is typical strategy of Soros-like corporatists, who use a non-issue like this as a bait to stir attention of (((real conservatives))) and commiefags from serious topics.

do you agree that objective truth does exist?

Bullshit.
Everyone who took HS biology and passed knows that a zygote is a living human.
It is a political question because some people want the ability to murder their own children for their own convenience and not be punished for it.
THAT is why it is political.

>DONT KNOW WHAT EVOLVING MEANS.

BUHAHAHAHHAHAHAAH.

BREEDING IS A PROCESS OF EVOLUTION YOU DEGENERATE FUCK.

Be an hero

Value is not a valid argument.

Much like a fetus, there is no guarantee that any infant will go on to be productive if left alone or properly cared for. Under a value assessment, there is no ideological difference between slaying the unborn and between killing an infant.

The same can be said of nearly any child and nearly any adult. Furthermore, there is no mandatory valuation or worth assessment. The fetus is assumed to have no value, even without analysis.

How can you know value without checking? How can you apply a blanket assessing a value without any research into the matter?

End of the day I don't need to change people's minds, I just need them to own up. I need them to admit that they are ending human life for their own convenience, and that human life isn't valuable simply by virtue of being human.

- Abortion should not be entertained as a form of post-coitus contraception.

- The religious implications are irrelevant in a secular parliament.

- Abortion is best suited to detected life-threatening birth defects, serious medical implications to the mother, and rape victims.

These are my opinions, which will most likely change as the effects of overpopulation become more prominent. Abortion is not a 'black or white' decision; it's a grey-scale meter a society moves a slider along.

It doesn't matter if it's alive or not, but if it's a person and has the consequent rights.
Which it isn't, by the way, and neither is a baby.
It isn't because it isn't rational nor emotionally mature enough.
It doesn't mean you are allowed to kill a baby, since it's their parents' property.
Offspring are the parents' property until they grasp a hold of themselves.
So abortion is not a political issue, it's something the parents must decide.

So you;re some sort of Objectivist piece of illogical trash?
Good to know.
OK, Sparky-
Since you think 'below a certain vaguely-defined "value" to society no human has a right to live' - how much do you cost the NHS and the dole in Manchester, or whatever other shithole you reside in?

Nope, Nevermind. See, you are far away, so you will NEVER have any value to me, so save your breath.
Therefore, it is obviously fine to murder you, right?
>fucking retards

the key question is when does a lump of cells cease being your property and starts being a separate individual.

because somethinh that is your property like your hand or your car, can be destroyed by you.

anyway why are you discussing if it should be legal.... the state should stay the fuck away from moral legislature like abortion laws. the state has no business here

Look, I know English is your second language and that you are obviously retarded in Danish, too, but a fetus doesn't "evolve" into a human when it is born.
Now, go on back to your state-run school and ask the nice teacher to let your read that book about puppies again, OK?

How are you failing to understand such a simple concept, even if you want to consider them humans they are humans of value similar to that of lesser animals, you can use technicalities all you want but if they are low value even lower than that of homeless then people won't support rights to protect them, many would support killing hobos just because they are annoying now imagine something less valuable that is so annoying it fucks over 18 years of your life

Murder is immoral no matter how old the person is.

All these mongs prattling on about muh science are wrong.

It's political purely because it's a question of whether or not I want my Government Mandated Friendly Tithes going toward icing fetuses or not.

Personally don't care what the fuck women do with their bodies (as they obviously don't either) but fuck you all for making me pay for it.

>morality

because "soul" and "hell" are things you choose to beleive in.
I respect that, but the fact that your face impacts my freedom is weird to me.

Morals are relative, some people consider murder morally acceptable in certain circumstances

Ill tell you where the fundemental problem lies, if one punches a pregnant woman and the fetus dies, no matter how along the pregnancy gets, its murder. But a woman can decide legally to kill her fetus and there are no repercussions. Just becsuse some bitch decided to kill her unborn baby, the fact of the matter is unchanged and a womans decision to kill her own baby is okay. Just because the mother doesnt want the baby right now makes it different and that fetus is not a person anymore?

t. Reserved pro-life supporter

agree
do does that apply to a fetus? does it have the ability to conceptualize? do we know that? srsly this is a hard topic to wrsp your mind around

so when we say that is universally evul/immoral, imho that does apply to unborns but not to a fetus thst is incapable of higher brain functions. my opinion...

>still not knowing what evolving means

Embryo to a fetus to a baby.

What do you call that?

Fucking ameritards. SHART IN MARK FOR FUCK SAKE.

It's a political issue because unborn human beings shouldn't be cut into pieces and discarded like trash because their mothers don't want to go through childbirth and claim responsibility after conceiving them in what was likely y married sex.

Here is the gist of it. Abortion is an easy way out of for sluts who are not only nearly mentally developed enough to be responsible for their actions but also not developed emotionally enough to be responsible for the lives of others they endanger with their slutty behavior. Therefore, the state has to intervene. Personally, I am against abortion solely because I want to see these whores live with the consequences of their actions. Otherwise, it should be allowed for some outlying circumstances like rape, potential deformities/illnesses or the fetus putting the life of the mother in danger or be completely left to the parents discretion in responsible countries. So just white majority European countries and Japan/SK in Asia.

That's because of value again, if a woman values the baby inside her it's seen as valuable if other people value it but she doesn't it's seen as not valuable

morals cannot be arbitrary, because a moral rule is a universal statement. you dont say "dont murder on tuesdays". every miral theory that is not consistent and universal is false, because ALL theories have to be universal and consistent.
are you saying that there isn't such a thing as universally preferable behavior?

Its not about value, it is about the fetus being two legally separate things depending on the circumstance

That does not seem like law to me

Morals are objective. Just because someone says his opinion is different doesn't change the facts.

Murder cannot be moral because you cannot say everyone should murder and be murdered because then it wouldn't be murder.

Babies aren't able to conceptualize until nearly half a year after birth. Does that mean 4th trimester abortions should be legal?

It's still human life you degenerate

Yes unless everybody thinks and feels the same way (aka filthy globalist monoculture) then there will never be a consistent base for morals

Not even on the circumstance, its solely with the mother who decides if her baby is legally human or not by having or not having an abortion

Do you have any logical reasons why it should be legal? Besides muh rape and muh no responsibilities

no. im trxing to find a biological distinction between a fetus and "normal" humans to see if there is a separate moral category that has a sound biological reason.

no it's not it's still a fetus. Learn biology you degenrated fuck.

>legally human

Kind of like the illegal humans that should be aborted from the US

Because things shouldn't ever be illegal by default

Explain why the act of passing through a vagina magically converts you into people.

It's human life you retarded nigger

murder, rape, assault and theft are universally wrong independent of our opinion. those truths cam easily be derived from first principles

H U M A N L I F E
U
M
A
N

L
I
F
E

I know it should be a criminal matter

Occam's razor: life begins at the beginning (fertilization). It's literally that simple.

A fetus has human dna, and the natural ability to turn into a human with moral agency. The fact that it doesn't breath air, or consume food into the mouth yet doesn't matter.

Because women.

good point

Yay for women's rights to be irresponsible sluts

False that implies i want to live in a civilization

It would be benificial to me if i lived innawoods and stole shit from people going by

#norulez

Theft to feed your starving family is supported in the bible, if you beat up a guy who molested your kids I'm sure most would support you, maybe even killing him, rape was pretty generally accepted for centuries

God I hope trump starts the nuclear apocalypse

>Evolution is metamorphosis

kys

>The fact that it doesn't breath air, or consume food into the mouth yet doesn't matter.

Muh my emotional thinking is right and i don't want to see facts. I believe it's a human because it will be a human one day... This image board...

>(you) picture related.

You just argued for extermination of niggers, autistic people, women and the poor. All of which are a net drain on resources, therefore contribute nothing. Albeit I agree with niggers.

What is politics if not the preservation of life?

I side with you but debating over semantics is a waste of time. The definition of evolve is when something simple becomes more complex, and I think that a fetus is not as complex as a adult human.

Only if everybody agrees in them having no value, I'm not talking about financial value but muh feels value, this is society in general