How was the big bang created? If something gets created out of nothing, then why not believe in a god?

how was the big bang created? If something gets created out of nothing, then why not believe in a god?
It makes as much sense

Semites: 1
Atheists: 0

In quantum mechanics, there will always be something rather than nothing.

Something didn't get created out of nothing.

There was a super particle (a single particle that was all matter in the universe condensed).

The particle exploded.

We are still trying to understand why it exploded, how it exploded, and why the super particle was there in the first place.

there was no big bang. flat earth under a dome.

Nothing is written in science, every day we discover something new that may turn decades old theories upside down.
This isn't like reading a book.

Also, the universe is rapidly drifting apart.

Currently, we know that the distance between galaxies is increasing, which makes sense if the universe started with an explosion (the original super particle blowing up).

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if at some point the drifting between galaxies slows down and reverses--leading to all matter in the universe eventually re-forming a new super particle, and then the process starting over. I think that it is cyclical, there is currently no evidence for this, it is just speculation on my part.

>There was a super particle (a single particle that was all matter in the universe condensed).
>The particle exploded.

This is all likely true, but damn does it sound dumb and counter-intuitive.

>it is just speculation on my part.
people have been saying that for a long time, i don't know why you're acting like you thought that up

because god is not a scientifically rigorous explanation.
If god is great and good why is there evil?
Common sense:1
theist:0

Because I did think of it on my own

>If god is great and good why is there evil?

This question seems to assume God's intentions in creating the universe.

We can't learn anything without everything being available to us as choices that we can make, including evil.

You don't even have a valid definition for "evil" How can you even begin to ask this question?

free will nigga

Well, he's wrong in the particle part -- it was a mass of condensed energy.

It doesn't sound any dumber or "counter-intuitive" than a creator suddenly making the universe.

In fact, I wouldn't say either is more intuitive than the other because that would require knowing previous incidents of a universe coming to -- which we don't.

May just be because of the way we humans process information on a timeline. We project our own and fellow animals limited lifespans on the world that surrounds us and convince ourselves that it needs to have a beginning and an end. Matter/Energy/Whatever may as well just perpetually exist, it just takes different forms, including us.

s'all good senpai. i still think that everything in a damn near endless universe coming from a dot smaller than the head of a pin sounds rediculous on the face of it.

the older i get the more i realize i dont know anything.

Those are shit excuses for god permitting the horrible shit going on in the world.
>god knows everything
>god doesn't know what you will do
choose one

god has not been proven to exists within time and space.
If god exists outside of time and space, that is the same as saying he isn't real.

>believes that nothing created everything because doesn't want to comply with Gods laws
>dies of cancer/std/hiv/faggotry
>goes to hell forever
>blames God

>If you believe that things exist why not believe there's a man in the sky watching you masturbate

how did that get created?
Atheists are so dumb.

> is god all powerful?

Christians: yes

> does evil happen on the earth?

Christians: Yes

> so therefore god is cruel or not all powerful, right?

Most Christians: Reee!

Hardcore Christians: "so uhh about this evil thing, maybe it's not evil if god says so"

Euthyphro dilemma is a tough pickle for true believers in my opinion... because which is it?

Kek is real

Kekites: digits
Everyone else: BTFO

Knowing how the universe began has nothing to do with God being real or not being real.

As I said, we do not know how the super particle came to be, or why it came to be, or if there is even a "why" outside of how it came to be.

>This is all likely true
>likely true

How do you know this? It is pure speculation and not a testable hypothesis. It is quite literally not science.

flying spaghetti god knows that OP will die within a week but if OP starts to believe in the great flying spaghetti god he can be saved

so do you know for 100% certainty that you will be alive next week OP? clearly you dont, hence flying spaghetti god is real, checkmate christfag

>Hardcore Christians: "so uhh about this evil thing, maybe it's not evil if god says so"

Logically, this is actually true. If God created everything, including the concept of morality, then God would be the benchmark of morality itself.

If God says it is moral, then it is moral.

>How do you know this? It is pure speculation and not a testable hypothesis. It is quite literally not science.

There is actual evidence for the big bang, though.

time and space haven't been proven either. nor has gravity, what makes us human or why aussies eat that shitty vegemite.

if there is an almighty creator, than who says he can't know everything and not interfere?

Doesn't work that way at all. Morality is just the code of conduct a society uses to maintain itself (as opposed to ethics, which is the code of conduct an organization or profession uses to maintain itself). God isn't a society and his opinions on morality is just his subjective viewpoint and personal opinion.

nothing is real. i dont know anything.

exactly, god is evil and christians are therefor death cultist, if god was good he wouldnt create anything bad or there wouldnt be any suffering, all humans would always be healthy happy wise and perfect in every way and no they wouldnt even get bored but always be happy and everything would be 100% perfect yet no one would become lazy etc. free will is a meme, there is no free will so god might as well made everything perfect but he didnt do shit because he aint shit

>how did that get created?
That is a question everyone is trying to solve. As our understanding of the universe grows so to do we get ever closer to solving that.

>there is no free will
prove it.

God creating evil doesn't mean he is evil you retard. He placing evil in your way to see if you embrace or deny evil.
How much more stupid are you. If you create poop in the bathroom , does that mean you're poop ?
You drunk fucking retarded bastard.

You cannot have something without nothing.
Conscienceness drives evolution to create life and then it experiences it because why else build something if you never get to enjoy it.
So this greater energy whatever you want to call it i.e. soul, spirit, mind, bae' needs to manifest in some way, think of it as an avatar you plug in to, a character you create on an MMO server.
You log in and forget yourself because you're playing the game.
Conscienceness doesn't derive from the brain, it's merely a tool to transmit and receive these waves, these signals through which we experience this and any other virtual reality, like logging on.
It (your true self, the software) returns to the databank when you sleep to store info and this mechanism allows the avatar (your body, the hardware) to rejuvinate.

We are getting closer, but are know near of solving it.

All it takes to mesmerize the degenerates to hate Christ, is some filthy kike like Carl Sagan repeating "billions and billions and billions billions billions".

That's because quantum mechanics already is something

>if there is an almighty creator, than who says he can't know everything and not interfere?

What that user was trying to say is that it is logically impossible for God to be omniscient (knowledge of everything including future events) and for free will to exist.

Before God created the universe, he knew that I would exist (because he is omniscient). Before he created the universe, he knew then what I will eat for breakfast tomorrow morning. Before God created the universe, he knew the exact manner in which I will die, and the exact outcome of my death--whether I will go to heaven or hell. By creating the universe, God set into motion, all of the instances that would have to take place in order for what he already knew (me going to heaven or hell) to happen.

If he knew that I was going to go to hell before he created the universe, and I actually go to heaven instead, then God did not have absolute knowledge (omniscience) and is not a God because of this.

For humans to have free-will, we would have to be able to make decisions outside of God's knowledge (to be able to surprise him), otherwise we would literally just be following the script set into motion at the moment of creation (because God already knew everything that would happen by creating everything).

>The big bang must have been made by someone
>Except god lol

this all leads you to the same conclusion, which is "how did that get created?"
Stop searching, god made the universe, theres no scientific explanation agnosticuck

I think you mean Richard Dawkins, Sagan in his books and the series Cosmos was much more respectful on Religion and recognized the natural path humans took from the early days to come up with grand and fantastical answers to very difficult problems as back then they simply didn't have the tools to know what was what.
Until the microscope was used by Christiaan Huygens nobody knew about seeds in a plant or sperm cells, how babies were made exactly, the microscopic world was unknown before that time.

It makes much more sense if thinking hurts your brain.

>believing you could or anyone could possibly know what happened billions on years ago, let alone 5000 years ago, and that even if you had the opportunity to know the truth, that you'd ever have a chance to comprehend any of it
>thinking you've won because you choose to believe one incorrect speculation over another

Its just billions of million of brazilians of years ago, that means that God couldnt do it...

Because of all the Brazilians of years...

Its strong magic

>God isn't a society and his opinions on morality is just his subjective viewpoint and personal opinion.

What part of *if* do you not understand?

I was not talking about morality as it actually is, I was talking about the hypothetical of what morality would be *if* God were real.

*IF* God were real, and *IF* God created everything (including morality), then it would be logical for all morality to be measured by God himself.

see childrens book, you have been programmed to think the way you do, value the things you do, you are the outcome of your enviroment and your biology

why does there have to be a test in the first place, or if there was a test why cant everyone be good enough to pass it why do some have to be born to fail and suffer, god has power to stop all the evil in the world yet he doesnt, it makes no sense

You wouldn't learn anything if that were the case.

just because scientist don't have an explanation right now doesn't mean god is the explanation.
>1000 BC
>where does rain come from?
>god makes it rain
>but that isn't scientifically rigorous
>fine then, why does it rain?
>I don't know. But God isn't the answer.
>haha sciencecuks BFTO if science can't explain it than it must mean god is behind it

repeat with earthquakes, meteors, volcanoes, stars etc.

just because science doesn't currently have the answer does not mean god is the answer.
>time and space haven't been proven either
explain

What if that was always there?
Think of it as a circle instead of a flat line which started with 1, 2 or 3 fundamental driving forces that were always around.

But who created god?

>If something gets created out of nothing, then why not believe in a god?
Because why the fuck would you want to complicate things and limit your choices by introducing some mythical entity into the scientific model?

why do we have to learn why cant we already know everything?

Physics makes no claim as to the cause of the big bang

Nor is it able too, as our physical laws (and probaly causality itself) breaks down once we get close to point 0

Thank you for your well thought out response.

If I were to impose my limitiations on an all powerful God then I might agree. But if he really is all-powerful, outside of time and space and existed for all time, then I believe he could set the wheel in motion and know the outcome without interfering.

I believe in God and free will. To believe otherwise makes our existence meaningless.

Lucifer created free will for humans.

T. My religion

Also your scientific rethoric is based solely on disproving some one, without actually supplying proof for the case you can't stop moaning about.

>this all leads you to the same conclusion, which is "how did that get created?"
>Stop searching, god made the universe, theres no scientific explanation agnosticuck

How was God created?

Well said kaas

Your mom's pussy collided with my dick

>how was the big bang created? If something gets created out of nothing, then why not believe in a god?
>It makes as much sense
>Semites: 1
>Atheists: 0

You know thing of the Big Bang, or the Big Picture!

Not trying to be a dick, but you honestly can't prove any of that senpai. You only know what they told you. Everything is theory. Science has zero facts to back up your theory.

>why do we have to learn why cant we already know everything?

I don't know, this question is difficult to answer.

the creation argument is completely meaningless
what religious people actually need to prove is that there is a god who demands worship, actively intervenes and punishes disobedience.
Without proof of those statements, religion is still pointless regardless of how the universe started.

>Religion, the excersise of believing something == Wanting to prove shit

> need to prove

What

You know the Big Bang theory was invented by a (((Christian))) priest, right?

>There was a super particle (a single particle that was all matter in the universe condensed).
>The particle exploded.

>We are still trying to understand why it exploded, how it exploded, and why the super particle was there in the first place.

This doesn't make much sense. You know nothing about what or how it happened but you say it was there and it did happen.

The majority of scientific knowledge has been advanced by Christians.

>>time and space haven't been proven either
>explain
The only proof we have of either is from our own observations. And what we see with our eyes is not proof of anything.

You can call it time and space, and say it's infinite. But there is no real scientific proof. We could all be under a dome on the wristwatch of a time lord and we'd never know the difference.

God of the gaps why not Thor, vishnu, Zeus or Jupiter

Against the church.

> (OP)
>You know the Big Bang theory was invented by a (((Christian))) priest, right?
Keep fishing Buy my Book!

If you don't belive that "something" made the univierse then you are wrong.

When you think about life there has to be someone who made it.

Even Einstine believed in a creator.

Just not the tradiotional kind

If you go claiming that there is a certain set of arbitrary rules you need to live by otherwise an omnipotent entity will actively spend effort and time torturing you for all eternity then burden of proof is on you.

Nobody needs to prove anything. You'll find out one way or the other on your own. And if you had proof of a God, would it make any difference to you? Curious.

What do you mean claiming? I'm not claiming anything you cum guzzling mongoloid.

Besides this claim knife cuts both ways.

It doesn't make sense when you get the conclusions without the build-up to it.

Cosmology is not intuitive. Most knowledge is not intuitive. That is why we base epistemological systems (how we gather knowledge) on their abilities to allow us to make accurate predictions, i.e., the greater the accuracy in the predictions we can make, the higher probability that the system we are using to obtain knowledge actually works.

For isntance, when the big bang was proposed (based on previously gained knowledge), the people who proposed the hypothesis knew that--if the big bang were happened, then the universe should be giving off a certain type of background radiation (the remnants of the explosion).

It was tested, and the background radiation was found to exist. The prediction was accurate.

There is, of course, more to it.

>we are the biggest cosmological accident in the observable universe
or
>there exists higher power

Both are equally baseless.

How was god created? If something gets created out of nothing, then why not believe in kek?

Sup Forums: 1488
ChristCucks: -666

>And if you had proof of a God, would it make any difference to you? Curious.

It would make an extreme difference

The big bang theory isn't meant to disprove god. It only suggests that the entire universe expanded from one point, some 14 billion years ago. If I'm not mistaken, the guy who came up with the theory was a Christian.
There is literally no proof for that. We know literally nothing about what existed before the birth of our universe. It could be anything.

if there actually was proof there was a god who actively tortured you for disobedience then you'd be a fool to not obey it
but currently given there's a wide range of non-compatible religions each of them having exactly as much direct proof as their competitors there's no reason to assume any of them are correct

>It would make an extreme difference
Thanks! I don't know if it would make a difference for most though. You are an enightened senpai.

It sounds dumb because it is dumb.
Literally none of it is proven. However, as Christopher Langan has proven, the metaphysical presence of god is an actual fact. And as Nietzsche has proven, god can be killed. In fact, concepts and believes are the only things at all that can be created out of nothing. All of our knowledge about energy says it can not be created out of nothing. Same goes for matter.

>There is literally no proof for that.

Yes, there is

Well, first of all, we(I) don't know if the big bang came from nothing. And I don't believe in gods because there is no/bad/bs evidence for it, and it makes less sense because now there also needs to be a god created out of nothing.

saved

Ur Photoshop skills literally made me sick

Where's it written, a book written by scientists that you're just meant to believe?

There are definitely forces greater than human beings, plate tectonics shaped the earth, glacial landforming carved beautiful landscapes into them and enriched it with minerals, global circulation patterns maintain the weather on the planet. Forces of nature in general. Though they are not necessarily invested in us or even conscious that they are doing what they are doing. They do what they do because it is what works, if it did not work they would not have existed in the first place.

So God is alive and can be killed?
You're a funny Christian

It would make a huge difference for several billion people.
If any one religion was proven right, then by definition all others would be wrong.
So imagine the impact it would have on every religion that was wrong.
Imagine how all christians would react if the Muslims were proven right, or heck the Hindu's.

> (You)
>Ur Photoshop skills literally made me sick

Buy my book so I can Buy me Photoshop...

Agreed. I would apply the same level of skepticism to science, the big bang, endless universe etc.

Don't conflate intuitive intelligence and linear intelligence. They're equally important, but are two entirely different skill sets.

With linear intelligence, you can *linearly* go through all known data yourself, and compare your conclusions to the conclusions of others--while also testing said conclusions with experiments.

Answer the question.