Brit/pol/ - KEEP PUSHING IT Right Up the Shitpipe Edition

>BREAKING BETRAYAL - Andrea Leadsom: "We'll make a loophole so that mass immigration can continue"
express.co.uk/news/politics/750115/Brexit-Environment-Secretary-Andrea-Leadsom-UK-farmers-EU-migrant-labour-seasonal-workers

>Household debt at its highest since the 2008 crash. Keep taking out those loans goyim
bbc.co.uk/news/education-38370219

>Labour is running a great risk with its populist turn
newstatesman.com/politics/staggers/2017/01/labour-running-great-risk-its-populist-turn

>Pro-EU Tory ambassador accused of leaking Brexit plans to the EU before quitting
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/04/sir-ivan-rogers-could-no-longer-trusted-iain-duncan-smith-says/

>Riot feared in Bradford after police shoot Paki
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/04/family-man-shot-dead-police-join-mp-appeal-calm-protests/

>Thanks Theresa - Britain will be Europe's most populated country by 2050 because of mass immigration
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4085590/Population-Britain-set-overtake-France-13-years-Impact-high-immigration-make-UK-populous-European-country-2050.html

>Union Leader: Corbyn should step down in 2019 if Labour's poll ratings are still bad
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4083838/Jeremy-Corbyn-consider-quitting-Labour-leader-polls-awful-2019-says-close-ally-union-power-broker-Len-McCluskey.html

>Warner Bros. looking to make Brexit movie
theguardian.com/film/2017/jan/02/brexit-the-movie-warner-bros-set-to-option-ukip-donors-memoirs-aaron-banks

>Brexit Britain is more racist and less happy than it was in 2016 - Rejoice
news.sky.com/story/brexit-britain-sky-data-poll-reveals-a-nation-divided-10713985

>"Tories make a mockery of the honours system", claims Corbyn
independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/new-year-honours-jeremy-corbyn-labour-party-latest-conservative-party-mockery-cronyism-a7502826.html

>Thread Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=iKAsuvwDP_Q

Other urls found in this thread:

thetimes.co.uk/tto/law/columnists/article2042633.ece
express.co.uk/news/politics/750115/Brexit-Environment-Secretary-Andrea-Leadsom-UK-farmers-EU-migrant-labour-seasonal-workers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

1st for fuck the IRA

>New thread before bump limit
swine

re from last thread

Alright, so, can someone explain this to me about Scotland:

When they voted for independance, had they "won", they'd be out of the UK, severing their ties with the EU, removing them from EU membership
But they were ok with that happening and accepted the fact

Now that the REST of the UK has voted to leave the EU, Scots suddenly feel like they want to be in the EU, something they were perfectly fine with leaving in 2014

Is it solely cause they're not getting to be special and unique and that this is a package deal that they no longer want it?
what changed so much in 2 years that scots are LITERALLY SHAKING at the thought of Brexit?

Eat your dinner and like it, Anonymong.
Don't make me tell you twice.

Rate my region

Jesus, the state of Ledsom. Tories really are a special kind of cuck.

r8 my region

there's only one ireland desu lad.

They weren't planning on severing their ties with the EU at all, they wanted to get in with independent membership like Ireland

I think half of it is simply contrarianism, I can't think of any logical explanation for normie millennial Scots and the SNP's attitude.

Northern Ireland is best Ireland

There`s only one China, lad.

What a spoiler she was. I'm still angry the 'conservatives' chose a Remainer as leader RIGHT AFTER BREXIT. They don't fucking learn.

Vote UKIP.

>my region

this is 2-3 mixed

also 10/10

JUST

>Grimsby

A potential UKIP seat that betrayed them completely by putting them in third place thanks to vicious Tory spending in the area as a target seat

>Lincoln
Similarly. 75% Leave on a 75% turnout, and what did they do? Vote Tory

It's not most Scots. The ScotNats are just really really really fucking annoying and their whole tactic is provoking a reaction from the rest of us so they can go: "See you Jimmy! Westminster is evil!!"

Basically it's an accident of history that they have so many seats in parliament, mainly down to how unspeakably shit the Labour party has become.

They still lost the Indyref. There's no point trying to analyse ScotNats through a lens of reasonable human behaviour. And they have a shitload of (((Scottish))) allies in the media who amplify every stupid thing they say.

Sure THEY weren't planning on it, but theres no way they got to stay in the EU if they left the UK

>Even Leadsom is a cuck.

Do we even have an /ourguy/ in UK politics, anymore?

i know

Leicester are like 17th in the league right now m8.

P-pls no bully Mr Premiership

G O V E
O
V
E
Gas the teachers.

>Gove

>Our guy

>"I can't fight my feelings any more: I love Tony"

thetimes.co.uk/tto/law/columnists/article2042633.ece

And shit like that is why the campaign failed, Yes was just a complete gamble. No one had a fucking clue what the outcome would be but an educated guess was that it wouldn't be good

I voted Yes but I also voted Brexit, I just want something interesting to happen to shake things up t b h, for the bants

who cares lmao

>shaq owns 1/3 of all FiveGuys franchises in the world
>shaq supports Northampton town
>Northampton recently got a FiveGuys
>shaq bringing burgers to Northampton

>they'd be out of the UK, severing their ties with the EU, removing them from EU
nuh uh coz alex salmond said they could totally stay in the eu when they went independent

I always liked David Davis, was gutted when he lost to Cameron. He doesn't seem to be doing a good job at Ministry of Brexit though.

They didn't accept the fact though. So your whole thesis is a load of nonsense.

Playground war now

>I also voted Brexit, I just want something interesting to happen to shake things up
Bet you were bloody bitterly disappointed then

This.

Life is boring without a bit of chaos.

Fucking teachers. Most of them outside of science and maths are subversive scum.

>mfw A-level sociology teacher open boasted to me about encouraging marxist belief in his year 12 class when I worked there.

Danelaw/10

You fucking bet

Also Theresa May is an old hag and I wish daily for her death

Northampton are proper cucks tbqh

>thesis
>they didnt accept the fact

are you a mongoloid?
Scotland wanted independence at any cost, and they never said leaving the EU was off the table for them to be free of the Englishman

>they'd be out of the UK, severing their ties with the EU, removing them from EU membership
This was never accepted by the "Yes" campaign.

Scotland doesn't care about the EU either way and never has. The whole question is just a proxy for independence, just like Israel/Palestine is often a proxy for Northern Ireland.
>they have a shitload of (((Scottish))) allies in the media who amplify every stupid thing they say.
Hilarious.
>0 daily newspapers backed independence until after the referendum, when a single comic popped up to capitalise on the market.

I got drunk and abused my old teacher on Facebook calling him a communist and subverter.

We aren't friends anymore.

>Riot feared in Bradford after police shoot Paki
DO IT AGAIN WEST YORKSHIRE POLICE.

>Israel/Palestine is often a proxy for Northern Ireland.

but the Scots are the only ones who use israel/palestine as an argument

>This was never accepted by the "Yes" campaign.
on what basis did they "not accept" it?

Lol, Nandos and Sports Science amirite lads

Who fucking cares? Every meaningless pronouncement on Brexit by Wee Jimmy Krankie is given acres of coverage in the Graun, Times, etc. As if it's any of xir business.

>tfw saying nasty things about immigrants before overseeing the highest net migration to the UK in the entire history of the country's existence and doing absolutely nothing about it

>on what basis did they "not accept" it?
wishful thinking.
Salmond basically claimed that because scotland was part of the uk which was part of the eu by some miracle of transferrance they'd stay in the eu

>'I can't play or follow sports REEEEEE'

Do you have any idea how Jewish you sound?

>Sat a year of a social science degree
>One of our politics lecturers was a literal Marxist, identified as such
>Some girl asked him basic ass question about communism
>Something along the lines of "If a binman and a doctor make the same money and live in similar conditions, why would anyone ever train to become a doctor?"
>He couldn't answer beyond "you don't understand Marxism"
>I then dropped the course for superior Digital Security

How the fuck do I control my rage?

Your question was why were the Yes campaign gladly accepting the loss of EU membership inherent in Scottish independence but then bitterly complaining about the Brexit result, right? This is false, they argued ferociously that Scotland would negotiate continued membership of the EU. They never accepted EU membership loss as being settled. So your question is a pile of misinformed nonsense.
Why the fuck am i repeating myself?

Mummy May is based. The Investigatory Powers Act protects us from terrorists, criminals and pedos.

Can one of us please just call Farage tonight and be funny. It's not asking for much.

Jesus Christ I missed that one.

>an educated guess was that it wouldn't be good
Honestly, my estimation was that it wouldn't be much of a change. The UK government clearly didn't plan for it (Like Brexit) so if Scotland had voted yes you'd have a mad rush to meet the 2016 timetable for independence day - which in practical terms means phoning the UN and asking them to print a little "Scotland" sign, then keeping devolution indefinitely.

In some ways it reflects horribly on Scotland that they were at the forefront of a wave of "fuck this shit" revolutions, but balked at the last minute.

>mfw

On the basis that the EU offered to tell everyone how they would act in the circumstances, and the UK government told them to shut the fuck up and not interfere.
And also on the basis that most of the threats about a Spanish veto are overblown. They didn't reject any of the ex-yugoslav states except Kosovo, because Serbia doesn't contest the independence of anyone but Kosovo - so if the UK didn't contest Scottish independence (if it did, there would be no independence) it'd be a non-issue to Spain, vis-a-vis Catalonia they can just say "No, that's a Croatia not a Kosovo"

The most commonly cited "Spain would say no" thing is an Irishman, or vague "Oh, that might be difficult." (i.e. I want to discourage you but the EU probably wants oil that will come under central control instead of rebellious norwegians.)

That's their position, anyway. Please don't drag me into a quagmire of hypothesising how Scottish Independence would actually have played out, we're intentionally left playing in the dark because nobody wanted to show their hand.

He's not wrong at all though

Mention the cult of football and it's like a moment in a possession horror film, all the anons' eyes glaze and roll over into footballs like in the cartoons where a dollar sign replaces their pupils

All discourse dies and everything becomes one big in-joke LADSSSSS you're up 2 points in le premiership and we're down 3 DUDE (name of football player who did something obscene, which is most of them) LMAO (Name of club) BTFO HOW'S (name of manager who has overseen a drop in team quality) TREATING YOU LOOOOOL

There is no difference right now between here and middle-aged men on Facebook

No, or at least not anyone who stands any sort of chance of succeeding in mainstream politics. There is no opposition between the two parties any more on key subject, it is made to look like there is but both parties are massivly liberal compared to even 40 years ago, on abortion, migration, foreign policy, there is little to no difference between them, even between the main three parties, they are all pro choice, they all love importing hundereds of thousands of people each year, they all love interventionist policies and can be goaded into supporting wars given even the slightest indiscretion by some foreign leader. They might say that they are really different when it comes to migration but you should judge people on their actions rather than their words, Theresa May has overseen a massive rise in immigration both has home secretary and as prime minister, far more so than even under Blair, and that includes non-EU migration, so when someone says something along the lines of "at least now we are out of the EU immigration can finally come under control" they are ignorant of the fact that no party has any inclination what so ever to do so. Just look at pic related. They don't care that they are importing enough people to fill Newcastle-Upon-Tyne every year, without building to infrastructure to support them, they don't care about the stress that it puts on services because the liberal elite who support these policies don't feel the effects of it. Anyone who does actually want to do something about it can't even talk about it because they will get shouted down as racist. There has been put in place the mechanics to stop anyone from questioning the status quo of the liberal ruling class, it's called political correctness and even Farage and Trump haven't called out the real problems for just how bad they are. They have to use civic-nationalism as a route to ethno-nationalism.

*massively

Northern Ireland is a terrorist state formed from terrorism because unionists were butthurt over losing an election. Discriminated against their own population and abandoned thousands of them to create a gerrymandering false state.

Started the Troubles and now in the present, has caused multiple scandals (giving money to UVF,UDA and allowing them to deal drugs to their own communities, worst education results, RHI scandal, Red Sky scandal, etc).

Now allows their own communities to become drug-dealing areas where kids are kneecapped for interfering and has to survive one 11 billion loan a year for a population of only 1.8 million.

Do you wish to continue shitposting on these brit/pol/ threads?

>had to do an anthropology module for my course
>for almost a straight month the lectures are talking about "social constructs"
>gifts are a social construct
>happiness is a social construct
>family is a social construct
>sexuality is a social construct
>gender is a social construct

needless to say I'm not on that course anymore

Build it up inside until you get brain cancer?

There's no consistency to any of their logic.

Like wanting to get rid of nuclear weapons whilst at the same time joining a military union that is protected by American nuclear weapons.

Not wanting to get governments they did not vote for, whilst wanting to be in the EU and having their future's determined by Germany.

Wanting 'independence' but wanting to remain in monetary union with the UK.

They're full of shit and stuck with a childish view of the world.

I knew there was a reason we're the oldest alliance. Well played.

>Who fucking cares?
I care about accuracy.

>Every meaningless pronouncement on Brexit by Wee Jimmy Krankie is given acres of coverage in the Graun, Times,
Usually with an "I will block Brexit" spin to wind up English readers and generate more clicks, not the real "Breaking: SNP still support Scottish independence" non-story it is.

The British press are garbage. (But the EU referendum taught you that, right?)

Rugby and Cricket has always been better than football anyway.

Real politik, international law...take your pick. There were several solid reasons.

Accept that it's perfectly normal to have rage, don't try to repress it but see if you can channel it into something productive.

>The "doing bad things is what you want to do so you should just be allowed to do what you want when you want, it's unhealthy if you don't" Freudian meme that has led to a complete collapse in self-restraint

Good goy

Can that happen?

I used to play golf, and footie at school, and I follow the Euros and World Cup for a laugh, but Premier League etc. is fucking tedious, normie-ridden, meaningless, globalised drivel

>

I'm Scottish and you can be damn sure I'd rather be nothing less, and that I'm contented with being as I am whole and proper with nothing more necessary to complete my character but that with which I was born and had naturally instilled within me.

I am a Scotsman, and will live and die a Scotsman. There is no greater struggle, no greater honour than to be of that blessed and royal land.

Inb4 braindead unromantic unimaginative germanic roach anglos can't into creativity. Truly scum of the earth and your presence on our island is a punishment from God. Scum.

Same thing with Social Science my guy, I had to write a 3000 word essay on why race is a social construct

I was sat there about halfway through writing that essay and thought "what fucking job am I going to get with this garbage" and then dropped it for a more practical degree, best decision ever

>BREAKING BETRAYAL - Andrea Leadsom: "We'll make a loophole so that mass immigration can continue"
>express.co.uk/news/politics/750115/Brexit-Environment-Secretary-Andrea-Leadsom-UK-farmers-EU-migrant-labour-seasonal-workers

This is not a betrayal. The industry is crying out to keep their low paid workers (even if hard Brexit, wages might raise, say, 20%, not enough for lazy Brits to want to do those jobs).

What Brexiters don't understand is EU immigrants, both unskilled and skilled, are needed in the economy to sustain it.

If special measures are taken, industry by industry, it will be like Brexit never really happened. Brexit was such a dumb fucking idea.

It's English culture. Tbh I like it because it's a chance to shit on other towns and get drunk.

>He couldn't answer beyond "you don't understand Marxism"
he has a point desu.
end-game communist society doesn't have money. (it also doesn't have lawyers or tories, and all the rivers are replaced with malt, and children respect their elders and so on.)

but even if we go with the USSR as "communist" (or any of the "trying but not quite there yet" states) they all had pay-scaling. (except perhaps the khmer rouge, but then the khmer rouge didn't have doctors OR binmen, it just had farmers and people who beat the farmers and shot the intellectuals, who were paid in not being shot or beaten.)

What are you angry about?

Anyway just channel it into something else

REMINDER

Nothing really. Anything

This, don't a little self-hating cuck and side yourself with the English ITT's. A Scot without nationalism is worthless

My sides have just unilaterally declared independence.

>Tony

>What Brexiters don't understand is EU immigrants, both unskilled and skilled, are needed in the economy to sustain it.
>if we don't enter into a race to the bottom of living standards then it might hurt a company's profits

Premiership I agree with you. Full of weirdos tbqh.

>Who do you support?
>Man U lol amirite
>Oh, are you from Manchester?
>No I'm from Stevenage

JUST

>Use this meme wisely, for it has great triggering power.

Why are we reverting to the sort of language Sup Forums used in 2007 or so? Triggering aside

Kek, thanks for this

How's that turning out so far laddo

Nah, I don't think so

The British press has been garbage my entire life. Iraq was what really opened my eyes to it, but it has certainly gotten noticeably worse in the last couple of years. Meeting journalists destroyed any final illusions.

Even Private Eye is in full on REEEEEEEE mode about Brexit.

If even one poster decideds... hmmm, maybe I wont give YKTD another (You), then I consider my work a success.

>Even Private Eye is in full on REEEEEEEE mode about Brexit
They've always been a bunch of posh snobby cunts though, their only saving graces are that they expose local council corruption in a way no other paper does and that they write good satire

Pic related

Because those people aren't from Sup Forums, they are from Reddit or Facebook which are always months or even years behind on memes

Ironic Shrek posting has just now recently made it's way to my facebook wall. Think about that.

Why do the SNP hate Aberdeen?

"potatonigger"

Yeah good point. I certainly can't remember a time in the very recent past before 2004 when most of those jobs were done by Brits.

Andrea leadsom should be rotting in a cell for treason against the people.