Representation Matters

please, Sup Forums, dispute this

>caring about (((hollywood)))

Because there are no historic, literary, or film heroes of Mexico, or in fact, any Spanish speaking society.

what does that have to do with modern representation?

It disregards the contributions of other famous Latin movie stars. Thank God her 60 year old father can now rest easy that people with accents can be portrayed in leading roles in movies. It's just more tumblr clickbait and is created just to promote muh feelz.

I agree, Mexican films don't feature enough Latvian heroes.

Waaaaaaaah, I need people to look like me in order to connect with them, so I can't like 90% of modern media, waaaaah

Lot's of Irish decent in Mexico, I'd like to see them represented in the Mexican film industry.

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

>Dirty taconigger values his shitty accent because a weak actor in a film carried by an android had one

He's going back

AAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAJAJAAJJAJAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!

Heh..heheheh..

What does a film set a long time ago in a galaxy far, far away have to do with modern representation?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHHAJAJAJAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAAHAA!!!!!!!!!!

it's a modern movie being seen by modern audiences. don't be fucking stupid.

just call yourself a faggot?

Mexicans aren't modern audiences, don't be fucking stupid.

The man has never been pandered to before. Kissing brown ass has made this film a lot of money, so good for them. If it makes some one feel good about their brownness in the process, all the better. I won't watch it, but that's just because I've never given a rat's ass about star wars. Seems obvious this flick in particular was the commandeering of a profitable title to sap the sheckles from a particularly gullible audience, & to that I say Godspeed...I just want to be able to see good movies 5hat aren't obviously...what's the opposite of white-washed..."shit-stained?" LoL

Good movies don't pander to an audience, nor are they made with the soul purpose of winning awards. As long as that keeps happening, I don't give a fuck. Let them eat cake.

As a Mexican, I don't give a fuck about representation, im here to integrate into this country, not stand out. Having an accent is absolutely nothing to be proud of. I'm glad I got rid of my accent at an early age. This is obviously a made up story anyways

I have Mexican friends with think accents and I couldn't care less. What bothers me about this whole thing is that there has been a Mexican-American presence in American film making, and in positive roles, for decades. There are classic Hollywood actors and actresses who clearly have Mexican and Hispanic heritage. This whole thing makes it appear that they have never been represented in film.

Goddamn beaners talking during the movie

I dont care what color he is as long as the acting is good, but it was shit. The characters were all forgettable, the female lead was the only decent one and she still paled in comparison to Carrie Fisher in her prime.

My dad is Mexican and his hero is Donald Trump because he's a savvy businessman, says it like it is and has balls. This guy in OP's pic is a faggot

You can't be mad that people are happy they have characters similar to then physically, then hate remakes that physically alter characters. You're just propagating your own reasons to hate at that point.

>actually paying money to watch normiewars part 1241, a story that became utterly retarded and in constant decline with every passing entry, ever sense the brains of the operation left (GL's ex wife)

Is that a joke?

There's tons of shit about Hispanic guys killing muzzies/natives then banging women left and right. Other than obvious fictional people like Don Juan and Zorro, you could make all kinds of cool shit about Cortez or pizarro

Spanish or Mexican heroes are murderous badasses who fuck their enemies wives