How the 2nd amendment has been misinterpreted

The 2nd amendment was written 225 years ago in a world that has completely changed. When people refer to the 2nd amendment, they tend to leave out the "well regulated" part of it.

What does well regulate mean, you ask? Well the act of regulating something is defined as

>to govern or direct according to rule
>(1) : to bring under the control of law or constituted authority
>(2) : to make regulations for or concerning

Are firearms well regulated in America? Certainly not. Firearms are practically being handed out for free. All you need is a little bit of money and a beating heart and you can purchase a firearm. The very fact that there are more firearms then people in America proves that they are not well regulated. The second amendment has been infringed on for a very long time, we must correct it by actually regulating firearms in America.

Other urls found in this thread:

historyguide.org/ancient/12tables.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

SHALL

NOT

BE

INFRINGED

FAGGOT

Jokes on you, it's always been infringed upon, you yourself are infringing upon it by having a firearm. When the founding fathers wrote the 2nd amendment they never intended for regular citizens to have easy access to firearms.

Isn't what the NRA is for?

Sage goes in all fields

Back in the day everyone and their dog had fucking guns you poof

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA
ERMAGAWD

sag sage sage sage

Militias are composed of regular citizens, so yes they did leafnigger

>the right to keep and bear arms is infringed upon by keeping and bearing arms
jesus Pierre, what alternative quantum universe have you discovered?

OP BTFO

>definitions
>not an argument

Just because you define RACISM as RACISM+POWER doesn't make you any less of a retard

Jokes on you, no other country gives a fuck what Canadians think

Day of the blower soon, leaf

>When the founding fathers wrote the 2nd amendment they never intended for regular citizens to have easy access to firearms.

are you a time travelling psychic?

>Jokes on you, it's always been infringed upon

doesnt mean it should be

Read the Federalist Papers and then bag yourself up and toss yourself into the yard waste bin.

Militias in 1792 were made up of young men aged 18-35. Why do people older than that, and of the opposite gender, have access to firearms?

Kike detected

> well regulated.

Guess what fucktard it is well regulated.

Felons btfo
Non-citizens btfo
Underaged btfo

Of age law abiding citizens with proper ID and pass the background check wins.

>The original intent was so no normal citizen could have guns

Than why didn't the founding fathers start confiscating people's guns?

Checkmate atheists.

Shouldn't you be posting fuck drumpf and fuck white ppl in every thread?

This fucking board is such garbage anymore. Tranny shit everywhere, 'not all blacks, I just hate niggers!' and all the rest of the bullshit....

This place is dead, and has been for some time. Trump campaign made it bearable for a while, but it's completely dead now.

It is already regulated faggot, I wish I was at home to post the image with all the laws that gun ownership has passed through.

LEAF

the firearms aren't supposed to regulated, leaf. it's the militia

Define "well regulated".

This.
If the NRA would recognize itself as a national group intended to keep the government in check, they would be a militia instead of just a group consisting of gun owners.
Ownership, membership and training with basic requirements to be considered well regulated.

So you agree that firearms aren't well regulated, therefore the 2nd amendment is being infringed on?

Bull fucking shit. You also going to say that gay means happy and negro is just Spanish for a color and has no other meanings?

Meanings of words and there usage changes over time.

A well regulated militia means a well armed militia. Or in other words one with the power to effectively repel state actors. That is what our founders wanted. They also wanted no standing national army, the militias doing short term defense and an army being raised only on a temporary as needed basis.

back then "well regulated" meant "well supplied"

fuck off maplenigger

No one cares what you think about our constitution leaf.

Do you pathetic cucks constantly think about the superior country to your south?

Felon here.
I get guns far cheaper than you do, and without any background checks.
I almost feel sorry for law-abiding citizens.

There is another place you know.

How do you know? Were you alive 225 years ago?

My favourite part of the 2nd amendment is

>"Well regulated militia"

Me, too. I prefer my guns to function properly. Misfires and slamfires are no fun.

Just don't get caught or use it for self defense. Must be nice having it hidden in your house and not able to open/conceal carry. :^)

DAY OF THE RAKE

Well-regulated meant something different back then than it does now. Well-regulated meant the same as "kept in good shape". For instance you would want to have a well-regulated clock to make sure you could tell the time. It doesn't say the guns have to be well-regulated, it says the militia has to be well-regulated.
You also seem to forget the part where it says SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED. Fucking leaf.

"well regulated" in the 18th century meant "functioning properly" not government controlled. A well regulated militia is one that functions well. A well regulated firearm is one that is clean, lubricated, and fires when you pull the trigger.

Learn some history faggot.

well regulated in context means functioning correctly. Militia means a group of able bodied citizens. A well regulated Militia is a group of citizens that have the backing and means to protect the State, which includes possessing any type of Arms that are available.

The point that we have missed is it was expected that everybody would be brought up to own and handle firearms. Owning firearms is supposed to be second nature and assumed.

Why is that so hard to understand.

I live in the sticks. No one cares if I open carry.
Must suck living in a city where people watch your every move.

My favorite part of the second amendment is where it says SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

KYSFAG

Then stop infringing upon it, you hypocrite.

By that logic, nothing in the past can be attested to.

By the way this image debunks your unoriginal nonsense.

You cannot read.

> "A well Regulated Militia,"
>Regulate:
>control or supervise (something, especially a company or business activity) by means of rules and regulations.

Clearly it means a well structured and organized militia and not a regulated right to bare arms.

Learn to read leaf, and fuck yourself.

>it's a "leaf thinks he knows the Constitution better than Americans" episode.

The bill of Rights was written specifically in a way so that it could live on literally forever without ever being changed.

Your interpretation is wrong.

at the time the 2nd amendment was drafted, the word 'regulated' meant 'equipped'.

you are a moron. stop making these threads.

A fucking leaf, shouldn't you be getting cucked right now? Go back to leafpol where you belong and leave the freedom to us

> implying I live in the city

Also your IP has been reported, expect a visit from the party van soon. :^)

Behind Every Shit Post.

What's my IP address? You have my permission to post it. Last three numbers anyway.

Well regulated applies to the militia, not the freedom of the people. That is not to be unfringed.

I dont expect a leaf to be able to read english. You just react with shitposting to trigger phrases your subconsious mind recognizes.

Read again retard, the "well-regulated" part has nothing to do with the guns themselves. It said that a well-regulated militia needs guns.

Need more evidence that the Founding Fathers wanted people to have private arms ownership?

All during their presidencies, Washington, Jefferson, and Adams knew that civilians owned guns, and were totally cool with it. These are the same people that read ans signed the Constitution.
>hurr they didn't mean what they actually meant, we need a leftist from 200 years later to tell us!

>Are firearms well regulated in America? Certainly not.

Stopped reading right there. Yeah that's why the lack of regulations will let me just stroll in to my local gun store and buy any full auto or granades if i want to that very day.

the militia is to be well-regulated, ie organised and with a coherent structure
that has no bearing on the government banning firearms

So basically, you interpret the second amendment to read like this

>The government has the authority to prevent people from using weapons they don't like
>People have the right to use any weapon regardless of how the government feels about it.

Never go full retard

Haven't even read the rest of the thread yet. Hopefully others call you out on your false premise later in it.
If not, I hope to drill this further into your crunchy maple leaf head.

>What does well regulate mean, you ask? Well the act of regulating something is defined as
>to govern or direct according to rule
>(1) : to bring under the control of law or constituted authority
>(2) : to make regulations for or concerning

Utterly and completely false in the context of the Constitution.
That is a modern definition of the word, and has nothing to do with English in the 18th century.

The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in PROPER WORKING ORDER.
Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected. Establishing government oversight of the people's arms was not only not the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was precisely to render the government powerless to do so that the founders wrote it.

Examples from literature at the time:

1709: "If a liberal Education has formed in us well-regulated Appetites and worthy Inclinations."

1714: "The practice of all well-regulated courts of justice in the world."

1812: "The equation of time ... is the adjustment of the difference of time as shown by a well-regulated clock and a true sun dial."

1848: "A remissness for which I am sure every well-regulated person will blame the Mayor."

It meant Efficient, Proper, Functional.
Nothing to do with government.

Idk why did we give women voting rights?

we've made a lot of mistakes.

So criminals in prison should be able to still bear them right? :^)

You loss your rights when your become a criminal.

>rights
>something that can be taken away
>what is habeas corpus and all that shit if not rights
also
>SHALL NOT

A well regulated militia doesn't mean the same thing as having modern government regulations on a militia. It means having a well supplied and functioning militia.

And it's irrelevent anyway since that part is just the stated rationale behind having the right to bear arms, not a modifier of when that right applies.

taken away =/= given them up yourself through evil actions

>something that can be taken away
Government can and will take your rights away, using any excuse they can manage(being a felon for example).

This is why you don't let them. You ignore their laws, and live by your own code.

>oh look, another leaf with an opinion on our constitution.

So who's right here?

Here's something related you should check out: The Laws of the Twelve Tables
>historyguide.org/ancient/12tables.html

Table VIII.
23. A person who had been found guilty of giving false witness shall be hurled down from the Tarpeian Rock.

Table IX.
4. The penalty shall be capital for a judge or arbiter legally appointed who has been found guilty of receiving a bribe for giving a decision.
5. Treason: he who shall have roused up a public enemy or handed over a citizen to a public enemy must suffer capital punishment.
6. Putting to death of any man, whosoever he might be unconvicted is forbidden.

c.450 B.C.Romans had it all figured out

fpbp

your reading comprehension is why we americans consider you maplebacks such jokes.

Shut up leaf go back to having chink orgies in Trudeau's basement

Well-regulated.

I am. Objectively, the only rights you have are the ones you keep for yourself. Either by being careful to not get caught or by being strong enough to keep your rights by force.

Dumb bait, but it's about having guns available so that a militia can be formed and maintained, not some federal mandate on arming militias.

>in order to form a well regulated militia.

context.
If i said all Canadians have superpowers it just wouldn't be true.

BUT
if i said that all Canadians have cum gargling superpowers it WOULD be true.

Day of the Rake when? Pls ban all Canadians.

OK then

BLOWN THE FUCK OUT

OP BTFO

Regulated in the context of the time period is better translated as "disciplined" than "regulated". Still it references the obvious point that there is no use in giving a gun to any idiot who wants it. It requires training and discipline and only the government is capable of regulating that training.

No leaf, there are supposed to be civilian militias all around the country that must be regulated and maintained as armies would be.

The firearms are not even being considered. It's the people's armies.

We need to equip and militarize the people now more than ever to enact a Rightwing Revolution and deport all shitlibs.

Stay cucked Trudeau.

The 1st amendment was written 225 years ago in a word that has completely changed.

Founding fathers never could have predicted instant access to press, through the TV, iphones, 24 hour cable news channel, the internet.

The media has gotten too powerful and out of control, I mean who needs 24 hour news? All I want is """reasonable""" regulations, let's cut it down to 8 or so?

>When the founding fathers wrote the 2nd amendment they never intended for regular citizens to have easy access to firearms.

They had no idea high capacity assault rifles would be invented, they meant muskets when they made the 2nd amendment.

Come and take it bitch

When they wrote the First Amendment they never knew faggots like you would spew idiocy on an electronic communication network, so shut your cockhole

LEAF

>it's always been infringed upon,
This is true, some firearms are regulated and banned.
>you yourself are infringing upon it by having a firearm.
But this makes absolutely no sense.

Even I know thats blatantly false. Due to the long distances involved everyone kept atleast one long gun in their home incase they were called upon to serve in a militia of some sort. A standing army was not viable at the time.

Founding Fathers didn't anticipate Apache Attack Helicopters.

Machineguns already existed in their time though.... And they knew about them.

DC v. Heller...FaGGOT