I've watched this movie like six times and I still have no clue what this guy did that was wrong or "immoral."

I've watched this movie like six times and I still have no clue what this guy did that was wrong or "immoral."

Since when is it illegal to exploit stupid people to get rich?
That's been done since the beginning of time.

Did the government just get buttmad they didn't think of his idea first?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractional-reserve_banking
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Did the government just get buttmad they didn't think of his idea first?

They've been doing for just as long.

It's not illegal and it's not even amoral so long as you pay them what they voluntarily agreed to be paid.

Commies are just trying to fuck your mind up, yet again.

Im guessing not paying tax

tax evasion / money laundering

if 6 viewings didn't get that across, you're probably autistic

*tips fedora*

usury is bad mmkay
this is not just a christian idea. even the ancient greeks understood this.

In the movie they actually go out of their way to not go into detail. Every time they try to explain something, he just stops in a freeze frame and goes "You're too stupid to understand this, so just know we got really fucking rich."

So yes, infinite viewings will not tell you all you need to know. You need to look up the case outside of the movie.

But in any case, they make it seem that what he was doing itself was illegal, not the tax evasion part.

>Yes goy, don't better yourselves and don't get rich! It's much more pious to be poor and humble heh heh heh....
God damn, Christianity is so bluepilled.

Where did you get the idea someone was judging him? The whole movie was just jews praising other jews for being good at jewing. Jew directors making a movie about a jewing jew.

Even the part where he said "he had perfectly clean glasses to come off more WASPy" in the original was "to come off more Jewy"

Have you seen The Big Short? It played like Hollywood's horror story about Wall Street (fuck Wall Street but nobody dare goes after Hollywood). My main problem is the groups of people who shorted the housing market do it out of a belief that they are more moral than everyone else, but they just thought up a genius way to make money.

Also, the people who shorted showed remorse for the entire economy collapsing, inaccurate as fuck, they celebrated like mad men on making hundreds of millions of dollars.

nigger logic.
money doesn't appear out of nowhere. you're stealing from people.

Good goy. Watch your football games.

"Wrong" and "immoral" are relative terms. The "criminal" things that he did were Securities Fraud (lying to get people to buy/sell stock, I think the Steve Madden conflict of interest falls in here too) and Money Laundering with the Swiss bank.

The first is essentially a giant scam costing innocent people money. Sure, you can say they're gullible, but why shouldn't they trust the guy who seemingly makes his living on Stock exchanges. Not everyone distrusts surgeons about to perform a surgery.

The second one cost the IRS, and they're greedy little fuckers too. I'd say this one is less immoral than the first if it weren't for the fact that the money was made off of scamming people.

shut up retard. usury is a perversion of economics. it only serves to deprive people and only practiced by short sighted greedy fucks.

It's a sort of recent phenomenon, appearing in maybe the last 100 years or so, that part of the government's role is to protect people from their own stupidity. You see it occurring everywhere, especially in my state, CA.

The wolf preyed on noob investors by selling fake/penny stocks in with and along side real investments like big stocks and gov bonds.

Penny stock is high risk, often red flag investment. Since there is a large lack of liquidity(no one buying or selling it), next to no market capitalization and often a purposefully large/wide bid-ask spread set by a broker or OTC transaction... it can be something an that one cannot get out of... thus, all investment goes directly to the broker + extreme commission/spread, as if it we're just taking their money and also adding a fee in for doing so.

Obviously, big intuitions don't like the idea of a brokerage getting large and exploitative enough to taint the wallstreet image of the stereotypical safest investments of big stocks and bonds.

It's like selling big brand soda with a crappy cup that constantly breaks. Obviously the big brand company would find it in their interests to smash the crappy cup companies. Bad analogy but, its easy to understand.

Insider trading you fucking moron.

buying and selling in things you know are bad ideas simply to mislead others and profit is immoral

>groups of people who shorted the housing market do it out of a belief that they are more moral than everyone else

They are moral, the housing market is beyond saturated via electronically speculative maniacs whom are creating bubbles and causing alot of people to be unable to afford to own their own homes.

And they DONT. LIKE. COMPETITION.

Amount of degeneracy stories in his book is off limits.

Even if 50% of it true, then he could teach most rock and hollywood stars degeneracy101

If some dumbass hick from Iowa thinks he's going to get rich by investing in Bob's Seafood Shack on the pink sheets, then not only is there literally nothing wrong with that, he fucking deserves to lose all of his money.

Man, you guys are such softies. No wonder the Jews are winning.

If they were moral they would've went after the bond rating agencies or the mortgage companies themselves, they didn't give a fuck about morals they wanted to get rich.

He wasn't with Lehman or Goldman Sachs

If he was, he would have gotten away with it.

> money doesn't appear out of nowhere
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fractional-reserve_banking

>(((Jordan Belfort)))

Also this movie was where I heard the term "WASP" for the first time. They said it with such disdain. Really makes you think.

>just fuck everyone over and laugh

you sound like the jew here

His company pumped a penny stock high enough to get middle to rich people to buy into through deceit and lies

After raising the stock price high enough, they would dump all their shares and leave the rich folk bagholding

What happened was the common retarded plebs got assblasted because they were too stupid not to be scammed.
so they voted for a candidate to make it illegal.
(this didn't happen in the movie obviously I'm talking about real life)

He sold stocks, he didn't give out loans. Therefore usury is literally impossible.

Even in medieval times, you could buy a part of a business and get a part of the profit.

But there's a difference when it comes to the law though. The dumbass hick from Iowa is free to invest in whatever he wants but it's a broker's job to be reasonably forthcoming and truthful about that investment. Belfort would blatantly lie about investments which is obviously illegal. Not to mention insider trading and tax evasion.

Understanding how the financial markets work does not make one a softie it makes them not retarded

fraudulent sales practices and market price manipulation.

I understand that tax evasion, insider trading, money laundering, etc. I fully get how that aspect of it is illegal.

But there is literally nothing with intentionally misleading people to benefit yourself.

If someone is so dumb, that they can't take 2 minutes out of their life to research the stock they're about to put $10,000 of their money into after hearing a slick smooth salesman talk to him for a few minutes....then yes, fuck them. They absolutely deserve to give me their money.

While this may be immoral, it shouldn't be illegal. How hard is it to do some research?

he had a fiduciary responsibility because he had his FINRA licenses.

>duping people shouldn't be illegal

chaim please

All he really did wad hide his income. What he was doing wasnt illegal besides that.

He simply manipulated rich people into investing in cheap, worthless penny stocks, and since the investment is ethically so low, the commission was 50% instead of the 1-2% he got on Wall St.

He fooled rich people into investing $10,000 on a penny stock, so he'd get $5,000. For example.

This practice allowed him to soar to the top, he got greedy and hid money, pretty much.

t. someone who easily gets duped

You can think it's not immoral but a broker is paid for a service and because the potential for abuse is so high, regulation is important. The entire financial industry is based on trust more than anything. You can make some obtuse argument about morals but FINRA isn't gonna hear that shit.

>But there is literally nothing with intentionally misleading people to benefit yourself.
Yes, fraud is literally wrong.

>short sighted greedy fucks
That's some interesting history really.
The Pope of Rome, or an anti-Pope enabled it after the 4th eastern crusade to redistribute all the stolen wealth with strings attached but it was strictly limited to 3% simple interest. At those rates it would take more than a life time to be felt through the monetary systems of the day - they were not that stupid. Later, the key to the expansion of the British Empire was liberal interest free loans through the Bank of England. Today 30% compounded interest on the defacto plastic card currencies in use now would have been met with swift decapitation of the perpetrators just a few centuries ago.
Pay day loans companies have taken usury to a whole new level, all because most people don't understand the elementary and basic mathematic principles behind it.
Large scale global monetary failure is absolutely guaranteed at this point. The carnage will be epic.

I dunno about this Wolf of Wall Street biz but The Big Short was rather good. The stock market will be helpless to stop the debt failure carnage as all principles are eaten by interest and will be just as much a victim as individuals. Since the money for the obscene interest needs to be created out of thin air you get massive devaluation of the currency along with massive debt failures and foreclosures on mortgages. Usury is really the only problem with economics, you never get something for nothing. Usury is also used to justify perpetual growth in a finite world, another obvious logical failure, in turn enables mass migration policies mostly from the third world into the first to maintain 'growth'. Crazy shit, we are all doomed.

>I just built a fake atm machine and people gave me their credit card info, not my fault they got suckered

you think that's fine? it's essentially the same exact thing