How do airlines fill up every flight every day?

I have been on maybe one flight in my entire life that wasn't completely full. How exactly does every city in the US have enough people wanting to visit it any given day that it fill ups an entire airplane every time?

Like I can pick any random day of the year and the flight will be filled when I board. I don't get it Sup Forums.

This is politically related because the airline industry makes lots of money and controls politics.

Other urls found in this thread:

rita.dot.gov/bts/press_releases/bts022_15
investopedia.com/stock-analysis/031714/why-airlines-arent-profitable-dal-ual-aal-luv-jblu.aspx
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Good logistics that take a while to build. They allocate the minimum amount of aircraft required for projected potential customers

Hundreds of millions of people in thousands of cities. A flight holds a couple hundred people at most. The logistics suggest that there are indeed going to be people fighting for seats in the most convenient form of transportation.

Don't like it? Ride a train. They're 1/10th the cost and far more scenic.

Who gives a shit? Dat ass doe.

*Braaaaaaaaap*

*Ffffftt* *BRRRRRRRAAAP*

Mary Thiccmass

There are a lot of people

Inbetween flights idiot

Complex math and demand by consumers.

They over book flights because they know people won't show up.

>How do airlines fill up every flight every day?
Jews.

Why do you think there were so many onboard on 9/11?

Airlines operate out of cities with demand, plus they overbook the flights

*BRRRRAAAAAP*

I've already jerked off, I'm about to do it again
holy shit

not politics. SAGE

prrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrt plop plop plop brrrrrrrrrrrttttt

>every city in the US have enough people wanting to visit it any given day that it fill ups an entire airplane every time?
Lots of people only take a certain flight as a connection. I've never spent any real time in Dallas or Atlanta but I've flown to their airports to go to other ports. If your destination is a more minor airport you'll usually take a flight to a major one first.

how does the supermarket know not to stock up on too much fresh milk?

stupid question desu. you literally just balance your supply until it meets the demand

Algorithms. Once you have a history—especially several decades—you can predict people's patterns pretty well.

They're pretty expensive. More like half the cost. Also have you heard of a little thing called mortality? No point wasting your life in transit.

You should be more amazed about the thousands of ships that are sailing full every day.

One of pic related carries enough iron to make three golden gate bridges in San Francisco, yet dozens of them sail to and from China every day, year round.
Or massive container ships that carry 10k, 15k containers. A freight train carries like 200. A truck carries one. And yet they're sailing full into US and European ports on a daily basis, by the dozens.

It's what globalization looks like. Until Brazil and Australia run out of iron ore. Or the gulf runs out of oil. Or the Chinese become too rich to want to bother with manufacturing anymore.

You fly on their time not yours.

Wow, this is the final red pill. Without the (((airline industry))) there would be no way for rapefugees to get here. And all this time ive been blaming the kikes for this...

There are businessmen who have to travel cross country on a daily basis. Not all travel is about leisure

I heard flying is so cheap in USA than driving a car or ride train? (Check in on travel guide and some app like sky scanner etc)

Post more pics of this festive qt!

My sister is an Industrial Engineer with one of the big air lines and this is all she does. She gave me a buddy pass so I can fly free on any plane that doesn't fill up. Much better for international flights as most the time I can get a first class seat.

I'h been on completely empty flights, domestic an international.
the international flight was 12+hrs and I had the whole back of the plane to myself. which was like 30 rows.
it seems to me that airline'a like to fill out one flight before the other. so you end up with full planes an empty ones.

Squats are a wonderful thing.

they have numbers on the probability that someone won't show up for a flight and overbook accordingly.

Flying coach is dirt cheap depending on where you are and where you're going.

you will not wake up with your face between her cracks. fuck that is a saddening thought

Fuel isn't free. Airtime isn't free. It costs a lot of money to get an aircraft from point A to point B.

If an aircraft doesn't have enough passengers aboard to offset the cost of fuel and airtime, then it doesn't fly. Period.

History of patterns + big cities.

New York City at Christmas time is busy as fuck. So is Florida during the summer. People flying down to Houston in February for the superbowl. Lots of flights to Washington in 2 weeks for inauguration. There's a reason LA has thousands of flights a week, meanwhile someplace like Birmingham Alabama might have one or two.

i've been on a lot of plane rides that aren't full

but imagine that airlines are a successful business trying to serve customers needs wowza

Airlines actually overbook their flights, so if youre unlucky and everyone shows up you may have to stay...

A terrible thought, indeed.

Logistics and dynamic pricing. Planes cost a fuckton to have so they better fill them up

Damn

I studied artificial intelligence and one of my fellow students a couple years before invented a system just for that.

It's all about predicting how full a flight will become based on a number of factors.
And then tweaking some of those factors, for example seat price or marketing campaigns, until the models predicts it will become exactly full.

People got places to go, things to get done, user. Flying isn't even really that expensive if you're traveling in country. It's about 300 bucks for a round trip to WA from KY. If you're not some poor fag working at McD's going to college, then that really isn't that much money for a round trip.

>tfw riding AmTrak to Denver from my bumfuck town in Illinois costs more than it would to fly there and back
America needs high speed rail to make it great again.

needs banana boat for scale

by deciding how many planes fly there per day, you fucking retard.

This

*BRRRRRAP*

I'm not sure, but prior experience tells me that "the Jews did it" is probably a safe bet.

I laughed.

Being in transit can be the most productive time of your life when you take a train. You see the world and get time to stretch your feet out and read.

If your life is so busy you can't enjoy a train ride, then you need to take a step back.

agreed. im from denver btw. if your thinking of moving here you should just kill yourself.

BRRRAP

they overbook flights often simply because there's always people that drop out.

depends on where you fly from/to really

Hub-and-spoke system

Most point-to-point routes aren't profitable.

wrong

they need to be profitable long-term, they can cancel some flights, but if they do it too often they'll either lose their slot, or piss off enough customers that they lose business

>dynamic pricing
yes, good point

another factor is that they can sometimes adjust what type of aircraft will serve the particular flight

if you look up the history for particular planes for an airline on flightradar24, you can see that they often get swapped round

SHE SELL POO FILLED TWINKIES

What is that supposed to mean?

Sorry not sorry, user. I'm moving from Florida, and you can't stop me.

The problem is Americans are fat and have a habit of falling asleep while driving a train, and a train going that fast will kill everyone.

Ana Kasparian?

How about you just fly there and back?

she is also pregnant and is is fat and saggy. let us remember prime brrapp alexa

Flying is almost always cheaper than taking a train. It's not always cheaper on driving, but that depends on distance. Anything over 600 miles or so and you have to factor in the cost of a hotel into your travel budget, plus the time factor.

>If an aircraft doesn't have enough passengers aboard to offset the cost of fuel and airtime, then it doesn't fly. Period.

That's not true because you can book flights months in advance and they won't cancel it.
It's also expensive to park at a big airport, and cancelling one flight also means cancelling the return flight.

They much rather lower the price and possible fly at a loss than cancel the entire flight and have a lot of angry passengers.

that is quite redpilling user, i will take a train ride when i can now

I work in the hotel industry, and we do the same thing.

When I lived in Rome the high speed trains were nice.

I'd never take an Amtrak here, crowded seats, rowdy people, and nothing to look at for 12 hours

>So is Florida during the summer.

Actually, Florida's high season is in the winter. It's 80f here in Ft. Lauderdale today. Lots and lots of snowbirds. Even younger ones just here on vacation.

They don't.

They just make it so that a full flight is icing on the cake. Why do you think it is so expensive to fly?

>Don't like it? Ride a train. They're 1/10th the cost and far more scenic.
but that's wrong
fucking expensive

They overbook flights so that it's most profitable, since something like 1% of people just don't show.

*sniff sniff* very nice my dear quite...sniffsniff... quite pungent yes this will do nicely...sniff...

They use algorithms to calculate and adjust the prices for tickets based on the number of tickets they have already sold, price for fuel, how many more passengers they will need to make x profit, etc. That's why in some cases flights are extremely cheap, often even cheaper than alternatives, so it's no surprise that people book the flights.

enough

they have a policy of overselling/overbooking

0, probably a drone

*Ffffffttt*

So many fucking normies in here

behead all brap posters

kek

>No point wasting your life in transit.

He said, on Sup Forums.

Only normies fly?

I flew to london once on an almost empty plane but the answer to your question is flight frequency is dependant on demand and flights are booked in advance for that reason.
Also the airline industry is very likely loosing money from being absolutley retarded adn they dont control politics.
rita.dot.gov/bts/press_releases/bts022_15
There is a reason they haven't updated the last two years. Its so they can still find investors retarded enough.
investopedia.com/stock-analysis/031714/why-airlines-arent-profitable-dal-ual-aal-luv-jblu.aspx

You obviously can't appreciate a good fart

And they need to go back.

bbrrrrrrpp brrpp ppppAAAAAAARRRRPPP

As much as I dislike snowbirds, I dislike Cubans even more. And Haitians.

Other Latin Americans are ok.

>1 post by this ID
>obvious slide
>baiting with sluts
>90 replies
Damn, cuckchans really gotten bad huh?

This. Take that shit back to deviantart.

Airlines operate on very thin margins since they have to bribe unions for just about every person who touches or talks to the aircraft and they have to deal with controlled pricing since Travel Agencies control all ticket sales. If they can't control their income stream by ensuring every trip is full, they're going to get money leaks that will destroy them

Any historians here? Were flights better before deregulation?

Allow overbooking, then when it gets closer to the date and nobody cancels, start changing people's flights to different dates. I've had this happen and they offered me a free hotel stay for the extended layover.

Yes - the truly redpilled walk on foot.

I've been on empty planes , especially flights out of ABQ

flying is safer, faster, and more economically efficient.
warren buffet can suck a dick and stop holding this country back. i'm not saying we should tear up the rail system, but the cunt spends a villainous amount of money lobbying to prevent more efficient (and drastically safer) modes of transit for both goods and people from gaining market share. he spends a lot of money fighting oil pipelines for example.

>airlines control politics
wut