>lol you went 3 miles over this retarded arbitrary number, that'll be $300

How can anyone defend this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PaXp0L_RYXQ
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hampton,_Florida
cnn.com/2014/03/09/us/hampton-florida-corruption/
ibiblio.org/rdu/sl-irrel.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

seriously got a ticket for going 75 in a 70.

$120 ticket. $20 court fee. can't remember the traffic school cost. but all in all it was roughly $300.

wish i was lying.

You're right, we should abolish laws and borders

>the guys who apply the law are faggots, so let's abolish the law

>go four miles per hour slower

There are literally 15mph streets in RI. I would know, I got a ticket in one of them. Didn't even have to put a foot on the gas petal to get one.

>Doesn't follow the law
>Gets in trouble for not following the law
>whines about the consequences
Fucking nigger, go suck Obama's cock!

>i dindu nuffin

god, Sup Forums is now 90% niggas

>me not following the law is the problem
>not the law itself

Speed limits outside of neighborhoods with children serve only to restrict people.

Once millions of working single women and beaners are off the street well be able to bump that limit up at least 50 MPH.

you irresponsable sons of bitches shouldnt even be allowed to drive, impatient, imprudent maniacs. You are no better than a hoodrat.

everytime there is a car crash I laugh and praise god for removing more vermin from the world, I hope you all crash and die horribly.

ok so the speed limit should be 53mph? Then you'll bitch for getting a ticket at 56mph. So should we make the limit 56mph? Then you'll bitch when you get a ticket for doing 59.

idiot. 3mph isn't even going to make you get to your destination any faster. If youre gonna speed do 65 or 75 so its not utterly pointless

Yeah restrict people crashing and running people over

Don't drive like a dumbfuck and follow the rules.

Doesn't matter how far over the limit you go; there must be a point at which one may go no faster.

Also, it's not an arbitrary number. Most of the time, they will factor in the degree which the road curves, adjacent buildings, and number of intersecting roads. Grow up, kid. We need tougher traffic laws.

And always the fucking maniacs are carrying kids, defective vermin I hope you all kill your families and that you live mutilated and knowing you are a murderer.

If it were for me, anyone driving like a fucking nigger should be stop and killed right there on the street.

Have you tried being white?
I've been pulled over 4 times and have gotten a warning each time. I was going at least 10 over the limit each time.

The worst part is it's not even if you were causing a hazardous condition. It's all just how bad of a day the officer is having and how much of a douche you are none of it is about actual safety.

Speed limits aren't the problem. The problem is bad drivers. If we took shitty drivers like elderly women off the road, we could easily have 100+ mph freeways. The limits are there to benefit people with garbage reaction times.

speeders are always dushes, who treat others as if they owed them something, self entitlement. I hope they all die horribly.

Just another method on how the (((state))) collects revenue.

Don't know what shithole you live in but cops around here will only stop people for going 10 or more over. 5 over is literally nothing

I have and it doesn't work for me because I live in california and all the police are either mexican or asian.

They can legally give you a ticket less its 10% over the speeding limit.

So you would have to be going 23-24 in a 20 or school zone to be fined for 3 mph over.

In which case you deserve it. Even more if you dont know the law.

youtube.com/watch?v=PaXp0L_RYXQ

>I break the law and then bitch about it when I get caught
Sounds like a certain demographic of people that I know... Hmmm....

Sup Forums will call you a nigger and make an appeal to
>MUH LAWZ!

But the truth is most speed limits are set arbitrarily low. If speed limits were set REALISTICALLY, according to engineers and SCIENCE!, then I would be fine with tickets for being 3mph over.

But since speed limits are mostly bullshit...fuck the police.

I've been pulled over for going 3 over. But I'm somewhat sure they just wanted to search my truck due to my Colorado plates, and my crossing of state lines.
>cop pulls me over
>sticks his head in my truck
>asks me to wait in his car
>i wait
>comes back after 3 other cops show up
>asks to search my truck
>i say no
>says he didn't have to ask, because of the smell of pot
>i say why did you ask then?
>4 cops pull my truck apart
>find a bong in the back, wrapped in a shirt, and my 700 .300RUM in the back
>somewhat shitting my pants
>cop comes back
>tells me to have a nice day
>noticket.jpg
>they didn't find the joints I had in the empty McDonald's coffee cup in the cupholder

It's just easier to drive exactly the speed limit, cops will not even look at you.

Shut up puss bitch it's my right to do 80 in a 70. GET THE FUCK OUT OF THE PASSING LANE!

those wanted a free joint, cops here are the same

and sheeeeeit?

>Have you tried being white?
>I've been pulled over 4 times and have gotten a warning each time. I was going at least 10 over the limit each time.
Curry nigger with Yankee accent here. I get pulled over 4-5 times a year. No tickets.

lol
Just show up to court and you'll get it dropped considerably. I've done 30 miles over the speed limit and got that reduced to where no points on license and a much much smaller fee.

Are you a dirty smelly nigger OP

I thought policemen usually let it slide if you go over the limit by like 5 km/h, because of margin of error with their devices or something like that

>california
/thread.

Move to the South. 10 mph over and below is basically ignored, and there are some stretches of highway where you have to push 90 mph just to keep up with traffic.

I speed too, you fucking moron... The difference is that I've never bitched about it when I got a ticket. Not owning up to your transgressions is fucking nigger-tier.

>break the law
>I DINDU NUFFIN!

God you fucking niggers are just the worst. Don't fucking speed then

in this country you get away with being 10% over he speed limit so this doesnt happen

>Move to the South. 10 mph over and below is basically ignored, and there are some stretches of highway where you have to push 90 mph just to keep up with traffic.

Pennsylvania is the same way. Our local cops aren't allowed to carry radar guns and state troopers don't do anything until you hit 15 over the limit. But if you're on the highway around Philadelphia or Allentown, you can easily drive 85 in a 55 zone and still get passed on the left lane. So you stay on the middle lane and drive 82 and everybody passes you.

Its 5mph. Not 3

>dindu nuffin
>it's da lawwwwwwwww
Autism. Everyone here is literally saying that they did do it.
Just because some guy in an office decided on a number, doesn't mean there's any legitimacy to it.
Laws =/= justice, if they're shitty they can be ignored.
Only a complete cuck will obsess over enforcing a law just because it's a law.

Maximum speed considered safe during nominal conditiond. It isn't arbitrary.

The law must be enforced as an absolute, or else it falters and gives way to chaos.

The rules allow for smoother flow of traffic. This allows everyone not just safer travel but faster travel.

Don't want a ticket
Don't go over the speed limit.
Easy

Hey now! Some of us have shitty cars
No way in hell my ranger will do 100mph

>$300 for 3 miles over

That's called a speed trap son, and no one defends those except for corrupt municipalities.

Like the one that was so bad AAA put signs up outside City Limits that you were entering America's worst speed trap.

The same city that was so bad that under State investigation the entire police department was dissolved a new Charter was written never allowing it to have a police department again it can only be patrolled by the Sheriff's Office and that a series of special restrictions had to be placed on the city to allow it to even remain a city and not be dissolved by order of the state.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hampton,_Florida

cnn.com/2014/03/09/us/hampton-florida-corruption/

Because going 120 mph everywhere is so fucking safe. Hang yourself nigger.

Don't you pay per mile over?

Oh shit, I thought that trap was in Waldo

$300 is a retarded arbitrary number too

>Laws =/= justice, if they're shitty they can be ignored.
this is hoodrat logic you dumbass there's always a decent reason, even if its not in the right

A lot of the major cities they don't really bother to enforce speed limits either because the cops don't carry radar guns and have better things to do with their time.

>One time I had to drive a rental truck from Cincinnati to New York City.

> I was on a stretch of Turnpike in New Jersey standing on the accelerator with it pressed all the way to the floor and was still only doing a between about 72 - 74 mph.

>I was in one of the center lanes

> a New Jersey Trooper came flying
up behind me and started flashing his high beams at me

> I pulled over one lane to the right and as he passed his passenger pointed out the window to the slower Lane's before waving with the back of his head that I should continue over to the further right lanes and then he hit the gas and was gone

>The speed limit was 55

No. And any cop that isn't running a speed trap or looking for an excuse to pull you over so they can search your vehicle won't stop you for anything less than 10 mph over the limit.

Waldo really isn't much better, but the state really has been cracking down on those podunk speed trap towns

ibiblio.org/rdu/sl-irrel.html

No matter how you set the speed limit, drivers will always drive at the speed they're comfortable at. Speed limits have very little effect on the actual speeds of travel. So there is no actual purpose in setting a speed limit other than ticket revenue. We could eliminate all speed limits on all roads tomorrow and the roads probably won't be noticeably more dangerous.

>Lowering speed limits by 5, 10, 15, or 20 mi/h (8, 16, 24, or 26 km/h) at the study sites had a minor effect on vehicle speeds. Posting lower speed limits does not decrease motorist's speeds.
>Raising speed limits by 5, 10, or 15 mi/h (8, 16, or 25 km/h) at the rural and urban sites had a minor effect on vehicle speeds. In other words, an increase in the posted speed limit did not create a corresponding increase in vehicle speeds.
>The average change in any of the percentile speeds at the experimental sites was less than 1.5 mi/h (2.4 m/h), regardless of whether the speed limit was raised or lowered.

Montana didn't have speed limits in 1999. In 2000 when Montana got speed limits, incidents of crashing doubled and has been higher ever since speed limits were added.

5 over in most parts of michigan is okay. basically learn to drive, and if you keep getting pulled over, then alter your behavior until you stop getting in trouble.

>follow the flow of traffic
if no one else is speeding, then don't fucking speed. If everyone else passing you, then speed it the fuck up. Obviously everywhere is different, so just adapt to your situation and don't be a fucking retard.

> be a kid
> be with dad on Garden State Parkway
> Heavy rain
> rush hour
> Bumper to bumper traffic
> 85-90 mph
> Friday, IIRC
> Statie stuck in middle of pack
> Turns flashers on
> Everyone slows down to 75

"He... hey guys, just calm it down a little."

thats not really what i meant. im saying that when they tally your fine at traffic court a 12 mph over violation pays less than a 17 mph over violation

at least thats how it was when i got busted in a speed trap off I65 going into richmod, va

the speed limit is 70 until you hit the city when it switches to 55. the guy who got me was sitting right under the overpass by the very first 55 sign, he could have gotten basically any car on the road he wanted. it was an extremely jewey move

You know, I've noticed that there haven't been as many recently... I used to travel to Ft Myers pretty often and there used to be this really bad one in LaBelle... Haven't seen any cops the last few times I've been through there.

Granted, culture has decided you should drive the speed limit basically at all times, but the word is LIMIT after all.

>there's always a decent reason
>lawcucks actually believe this

>lol fuck retarded arbitrary rules dawg
t. Ancapistani retard

It was starting to affect the state's tourism in nature but even more than that

Too many state legislators and other state-level politicians themselves were getting busted.

One legislator said I remember that i had a stack of complaints about Hampton but it wasn't until I got ticketed in myself that I remembered I was really planning on doing something about that.

And do something he did.

...Like a ton of bricks

Having lived in Orlando for several years, I can attest that Florida drivers are the scum of the earth and deserve everything they get.

i got caught going 78.2 in a 45mph zone

went to court, was reduced to 5 over, and they sent me a check in the mail for the original ticket i had to pay

i like to not cause car crashes

If you are not driving excessively faster than the rest of traffic and if road conditions permit you to drive safely at a higher speed then it should not be an issue.

Speed limits are often used as a means of revenue, which is totally bogus. I can see commercial vehicles such as semi trucks needing to strictly obey them but free citizens should not be scrutinized and fined for what I would consider non aggravated speeding.

Tl;Dr the police should be forced to prove that there were other factors along with speeding that present a clear and present danger. Such as heavy traffic, weather conditions, poor vehicle control, or excessively high speed.

>Florida drivers are the scum of the earth and deserve everything they get.

They truly are.

got a $300 shit dicking ticket for doing 99 in a 70 zone
on the fucking interstate on wide open road

to be fair i was actually doing 130+ but i slammed the brakes as soon as i saw the state trooper
speed limits are gay

If you don't like speed limits you're welcome to move to Siberia or Nunavut, Yukon etc...

Go be your own man with no laws to follow!

And change your sheets. I don't want to smell your stink when I'm fucking your sister to tomorrow night.

I live in South Florida and this is 100% true... It's a perfect shitstorm of old people, drunks, crazy people, rich kids, niggers, foreigners, and tourists. It's a clusterfuck of ebin proportions, and that's when it isn't raining.

A few of my friends have bikes and I tell them they're fucking crazy every day.

Miami is the worst, period.

Most cops aren't that strict in my area. Driving by cops I've never got a ticket going just a bit over.

This. Just be respectful and make their job easier and tell the truth and you will always get a warning. You must be black

>hey, here's this law that we're arguing might not make sense
>FUCK YOU LICK THE BOOT FAGGOT IF YOU DON'T FOLLOW EVERY LAW YOU'RE JUST AS BAD AS NIGGERS

yea ok buddy can't wait for them to pass a law saying it's illegal to be a huge faggot so they can lock your ass up

>arbitrary
Yeah. Let's just abolish all driving laws and let people drive 88 mph in a school zone

No question whatsoever, hands down. Miami is definitely the worst.

Shit you got lucky. Where I live if you get caught going over 20 you get fucked by a misdemeanor ticket rather than a normal speeding ticket

>there's a decent reason
>it's not in the right
hmmm. using this definition i guess we could say niggers are decent people too.

I want to remove speed limits as much as anybody, but they are hear right now.

>break the law
>complain about the punishment

Take it up with your law makers, not by just ignoring the law.

Going over the speed limit is degenerate. I don't know why people think hauling ass down the road is cool or that it makes their life any better. How about you wake up and leave the house on time so that you don't have to do 90 to make your appointments. The posted speed limits are for the collective safety of all citizens.

>Under 9, you're fine
>Over 9, you're mine

Most cops who run radar on the highway aren't faggy enough to set it right at the limit, people like just have shit luck

>I broke the law but I thought it was ok cuz no one was around but I got caught!!!! Speed limits are gay !!!

Plato asked "What is justice?" and I don't think speeding tickets qualify.
There's numerous studies regarding the impact speeding has on public safety and, shocker, it presents virtually no additional danger.

Ever hear of the Autobahn? Speed limits are enforced where it actually matters.

yeah i could very well have been cuffed if the speed gun had registered 1 mph more than it did
biggest relief of my life. did some bs online traffic school half-asleep and got that purged from my record.

it was during what should be a 6 hour trip from south florida to visit the natural springs in the north where manatees like to swim. made it into a 3 hour trip. super worth it, those springs were incredible.

Agreed. Miami traffic is hell on earth.

But it's fun!

>>lol you went 3 miles over this retarded arbitrary number
You would win the appeal if you show up in court. The margin of error for your speedometer plus that of the radar guns is 10%. That number goes up to 15% if he is recording your speed while he is in motion.

Most state police don'y bother pulling people over who are from their state unless they are going 12 MPH OR MORE over the posted highway speed limit.

There's also the caveat that any of the tickets issued have to be issued within the allowable timeframe for the calibration of that officer's radar gun and speedometer (if he recorded your speed while moving). If his calibration is out of date by more than six months you can get your case dismissed.

Would have been dropped if you bothered to appear in court.

calm down north korea we can't all be perfect

I got pulled over tonight for expired tags. I wasn't a dick to the cop but they still towed my car... While I had tons of groceries in it. Assholes

The interstate shouldn't have speed limits

????

If the speed limit was faster you'd push it by another 3 miles again. Those signs are MAXIMUMS for sunny, perfect road conditions, not the definition of the speed you MUST GO AT ALL TIMES.

Of course, I don't have a car because they're a complete fucking waste of money and somehow 99% of the population just runs with it like they don't have a choice.

>Baaa baaa people are too irresponsible to make their own decisions

I bet you are the type of person who would say the same thing if the national speed limit was 30mph or if owning cars was banned and you were forced to ride public transit because it's "safer and for the public good".

As a great man once said, those who would give up some freedom for security deserve neither.

You are the degenerate.

Cars are shit! Bicycles are the rightful rulers of the road!

>i just LOVE going 50mph on the open interstate with no traffic and nothing but straight as fuck road and plains to both sides of me
>if only we could pass a law reducing the speed limit even further so jamal could ram my wife from behind even harder while we make interstate trips

>be in Florida
>every local drives 15 to 20 over
why

But that's untrue, with the exception of the occasional backwater town with a population of 15 setting up a speed trap, the speed limit isn't enforced until you exceed it by a solid 10MPH unless the cop has some other reason to pull you over.

Gib license. No more rules for you.

reminder that glorious nazi autobahns didn't have and still do not have speed limits