The 2nd amendment has been misinterpreted for two centuries

The 2nd amendment was written 225 years ago in a world that has completely changed. When people refer to the 2nd amendment, they tend to leave out the "well regulated" part of it.

What does well regulated mean, you ask? Well the act of regulating something is defined as

>to govern or direct according to rule
>(1) : to bring under the control of law or constituted authority
>(2) : to make regulations for or concerning

Are firearms well regulated in America? Certainly not. Firearms are practically being handed out for free. All you need is a little bit of money and a beating heart and you can purchase a firearm. The very fact that there are more firearms then people in America proves that they are not well regulated. The second amendment has been infringed on for a very long time, we must correct it by actually regulating firearms in America, so we can finally be safe like Mexico, a country which regulates firearms heavily. In Mexico guns are banned, or heavily restricted, it's time America does the same.

Other urls found in this thread:

supremecourt.gov/opinions/07pdf/07-290.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

SHALL

your copy pasta thread sucks, however riddle me this cunt

the second amendment was put in place originally to overthrow a tyrannical government. so this militia fighting force is supposed to be tightly regulated by the government it is supposed to overthrow? do you even fucking think?

NOT

Nobody gives a shit faggot close your thread now

BE

INFRINGED

>The 2nd amendment was written 225 years ago in a world that has completely changed.
>current year

yawn

Gtfo traitor.

>op somehow not a leaf

The phrase "well-regulated" was in common use long before 1789, and remained so for a century thereafter. It referred to the property of something being in proper working order. Something that was well-regulated was calibrated correctly, functioning as expected. Establishing government oversight of the people's arms was not only not the intent in using the phrase in the 2nd amendment, it was precisely to render the government powerless to do so that the founders wrote it.

>The 1st amendment was written 225 years ago in a world that has completely changed
Checkmate. Inalienable Rights don't have a shelf life.

well regulated means practiced, aka get a ar and learn to use it.

you fags use this argument all the time and get btfo each time
stop

sage goes in all fields. fuck off faggot.

>Are firearms well regulated in America? Certainly not. Firearms are practically being handed out for free.
lol you just lost 90% of your target demographic

>What does well regulated mean, you ask?
I don't remember asking that. Don't put words in my mouth or make presumptions about my actual questions and pretend that's an argument.

Nowhere does it say the guns should be well-regulated. Faggot. And the people being able to own them is a prerequisite of the militia even being able to exist. Therefore our right to keep and bear arms is a natural right guaranteed by the constitution, which, most importantly, shall not be infringed.

>the second amendment was put in place originally to overthrow a tyrannical government.

Wrong.

> so this militia fighting force is supposed to be tightly regulated by the government

Wrong

> do you even fucking think?

Sometimes I do. For example I think we should evolve from 200 years old parchment and adopt modern civilized standards of safety that comes from gun control like Mexico did, and finally be safe, like Mexico is.

Hey, how about you COME AND FUCKING TAKE IT YOU DOUBLE NIGGER.

I'm waiting, you communist pussy cunt.

>practically handed out for free!
>all you need is some money

god dammit i hate you liberal faggots so much

ATTENTION
ONE POST BY OP
ABORT
DO NOT ENGAGE
SAGE

Hey dipshit: In the 1700s "Well regulated" militia meant literally "well equipped" Your argument is garbage.

regulation is not specifically a government action. I can regulate my guns with training and self-discipline. You're a faggot and likely not even from our country.

Where the fuck are my free guns? I paid money for mine.

"...WELL REGULATED..." asshole. It's in the 2A. You pussies won't change it because it would mean a convention to change the language. Fuck you. "WELL REGULATED" stays in, numbnuts.

>civilized standards of safety that comes from gun control like Mexico did, and finally be safe, like Mexico is.

This is how delusional gun control advocates are

ITT: jackasses who are falling for basic bait

0/10, sage

great pasta proxyfag. the supreme court disagrees with you, and when trump picks the next 4 SCOTUS peeps we won't have to worry about your gun grab for at least 40 years.

no argument, nice try. bye bye idiot

Thats in fucking Brazil not in mexico you fucking sharter

Post more lewd dead girls

L E G S

Not a necrophiliac or anything, but is anyone else curious about dead pussy? It'd be tighter I think.

Wow this looks familiar!

Even if you use the wrong definition of regulated, the militia is regulated, arms are not, so you have no point.

ur mum's pussy has been getting interpreted for two centuries #rekt

Sage this bros. Dude's been trying all day. He's a nobody.

KEK

>so we can finally be safe like Mexico

I hope this is satire

DC v Heller.

>The Second Amendment protects an individual right to possess a firearm unconnected with service in a militia, and to use that arm for traditionally lawful purposes, such as self-defense within the home.
>unconnected with service in a militia

supremecourt.gov/opinions/07pdf/07-290.pdf

OP blown the fuck out.

faggot leaf changed proxies because he got so wrecked the last time he started this thread.

tl;dr

Was busy cleaning my rifle, you know, in case someone wanted to heavily restrict me.

lol get good

It's the episode of regular meaning anything but "organised" again.

Guns should not be banned my friend, they are what is keeping us from a tyrannical government (although I'd argue that consent of the people plays into that as well)

It might as well be Mexico, your streets are just as safe as Brazil, another gun-control Utopia.

I just want my country to become as safe as Mex and Brazil, and we can do it if we ban* guns (like you did)

>*Banned or heavily restricted.

There will be guns. Your butthurt and brainwashing are irrelevant.

There's your answer, OP. Now get the fuck out.

Do all you fags not even read the post? Jesus when this manz says we need to be like Mexico is it not automatically some restard shit posting? Good job you fucking bees

>modern civilised standards of safety from gun control, like Mexico
>where drug cartels rule the nation thanks to their illegal gun ownership illegally being bigger than everything the whole fucking gouvernment is capable of mustering

Shit bait.

Every male is also Militia. So, fuck off.

>mexico
>safe

hah

"well regulated" means equipped to do your job, not bound by government regulations as per modern cucklish

That's the whole point bro. Mexico is the endgame of the gun-control Utopia. Citizens are disarmed, and totally helpless.

Use the language of the gun grabbers "We need to ban guns for the following reasons........."

Then point out what a gun-control Paradise really looks like.

>not understanding historical linguistic context
Gun grabbers are retards.

Kys mexibait, or mah got dam AR will do it for you

If we could just ban guns here, I know we could become as safe as Mexico bro. I know it's time to listen to the liberals and accept gun control.

"Well-regulated" in the time of the Founding Fathers was used to describe something that was in order and able to do its job. An accurate clock, for example, would be described as "well-regulated".

That's beside the point however, as the words "well-regulated" applies only to militias. The people as a whole have the right to keep and bear arms, because a militia is made up of the civilian populace, and a civilian populace without access to arms would not be able to fight against any potential threat, and thus cannot be considered a functional or "well-regulated" militia.

It's almost as if you lot of inbred simpletons can't spot basic fucking itony

The second amendment has been misinterpreted, but not by us. You misinterpreted it and took it upon yourself to project. The black market will never regulate itself and will always exist.

STOP REPLYING TO THESE SLIDE THREADS YOU FAGGOTS

Fuck off faggot, I want dead pussy

What's the story behind this incident?

In their defense, they would have to read until the very end of this thread to see the part---

>Adopt gun control so we can finally be as safe as Mexico, an gun control Utopia.

pic related RIP Mexibro, you can see the pain of death on his face. Very hard to look at.

>Blah blah blah, yada yada yah
FROM MY COLD DEAD HANDS COMMIE!

Let's ban guns, we'll get a lot more of it like you might see in Mexico.

The story goes, they were four Brazilian girls, two of which had drug dealer friends, the drug dealers suspected them of narcing on them to the policia, and killed the four of them execution style and dumped them in the street.

>What does well regulated mean, you ask?

regulate
[reg-yuh-leyt]

verb (used with object), regulated, regulating.
to control or direct by a rule, principle, method, etc.:
to regulate household expenses.
to adjust to some standard or requirement, as amount, degree, etc.:
to regulate the temperature.
to adjust so as to ensure accuracy of operation:
to regulate a watch.
to put in good order:
to regulate the digestion.

3 of these 4 definitions apply to the 2nd amendment as per the time period. Protip: #1 isn't one of them.

>another gun thread
literally everything's been said
this is libtard argument number two, after >only pussies need guns
number three is >you can't beat the us military
literally only /k/ and newfags take these bait threads seriously

>the second amendment was put in place originally to overthrow a tyrannical government. so this militia fighting force is supposed to be tightly regulated by the government it is supposed to overthrow?

Art. 2 Sect. 2:

"The President shall be Commander in Chief of the Army and Navy of the Unite States, *and of the Militia of the several States, when called into the actual Service of the United States*..."

Haha, great argument. Not giving up, my friend.

>Well regulated militia
We need to regulate firearms!

You're an idiot.
We need to create and regulate militias.

>Britain pushes gun control
>Starts housing soldiers in colony homes
>Colony cant do shit cause of gun control
Like, overthrowing the gov was almost the SOLE purpose of it

well regulated = well equipped/maintained. Checkmate anti-fun fags

So why havent YOU left if YOU dont like it? Have you considered venezuela? Or Bosnia?

Please leave this board and the USA.

>Like, overthrowing the gov was almost the SOLE purpose of it

Wrong.

The whole purpose of being here and being white was to be free, to enjoy "Liberty" and one of the foundations of that, was the right to keep and bear arms. This was fundamental in England too at the time (arms), and the (white) colonists at the time were just transplanted Englishmen, enjoying or fighting for their rights as a free Englishman.

All of the above is fee fees. Not an Arguement.

Well regulated means kept up to military standards. By literal definition we should be allowed to operate jets and tanks too. You do realize the Navy used to be privatized not federal right? It doesn't mean to restrict access to military arms you dumbass.

Why would it be tighter? All your muscles etc relax when you die, including your asshole etc.

>200 years of academics were wrong
>me and my latte crew understand it though

>Exactly how Europ and America operate today.

The 2nd Amendment did not have its current interpretation until the 20th century.

We'll regulated Militia. As always a mooooslim ass kisser thinks people or too stupid to know the right afforded the Bill of Rights. Too bad Paco /Abdul. You are going back and I hope you resist.

from where is this