Just a reminder that the words "faggot" and "fascist" have a similar origin

Just a reminder that the words "faggot" and "fascist" have a similar origin.
When Musolini coined the word fascist he used the Latin word for "a bundle of sticks" or "fasces".
One of the original meanings of faggot is also a bundle of sticks, fascists literally want everyone to be faggots, Sup Forums BTFO

someone please tell me this isnt true

>all about the roman shtick
>choose a fucking axe as the symbol

What the fuck Italy?

He used the Latin word for bundle, as in group. Not specifically a bundle of sticks, faggot.

Shut up faggot

Fascism takes its meaning from bundle of sticks as the idea is that people (sticks) give up their individualism for the sake of the state and join the group (bundle)

All true my faggot friend

Its all true, we're just a bunch of faggots

fasces makes me think of poo

Further proving that fascists are nothing more than edgy commies.

Shit, you're right, this is gold.

Oh essentially, the only form of communism we've had in the world are just fascism. The only real difference is that in communism they want to have a money-less system but they're essentially the same.

The Fasces is a part of the ceremonial panoply of a Roman Lictor.

The Axe is integral; the bale symbolises strength through unity, and the axe represents the power of the state, or head of state.

fascist (adj.) Look up fascist at Dictionary.com
1921, from Italian partito nazionale fascista, the anti-communist political movement organized 1919 under Benito Mussolini (1883-1945); from Italian fascio "group, association," literally "bundle" (see fasces). Fasci "groups of men organized for political purposes" had been a feature of Sicily since c. 1895, and the 20c. totalitarian sense probably came directly from this but was influenced by the historical Roman fasces, which became the party symbol. As a noun from 1922 in English, earlier in Italian plural fascisti (1921), and until 1923 in English it often appeared in its Italian form, as an Italian word.

[Fowler: "Whether this full anglicization of the words is worth while cannot be decided till we know whether the things are to be temporary or permanent in England" -- probably an addition to the 1930 reprint, retained in 1944 U.S. edition.] Related: Fascistic.

stretching it a bit faggot.

also, ad hominem attacks don't mean shit here. you'd think the left would learn that, but I can see how after getting btfo day after day after day you have to have something to boost morale so you don't have an existential crisis and kys.

Since I just refuted this in the /fasc/ general thread, I'll just paste my argument here:
Damnit, I knew that was coming. I specifically tried to avoid saying a bundle of sticks. Yes, in the sense that "faggot" means "a bundle of sticks," the Fasces is technically a faggot. However, it also has a cool axehead usually. Sometimes an arrowhead. And words can have multiple definitions. You don't drink out of the same cup your mother puts on her tits to hod them in place, which is also different from a trophy you win, which is also different from the thing that protects your genitals in sports. That's why you have to specify what kind of cup it is. So a Fasces is not the same kind of faggot that you are.

>there are people on Sup Forums who didn't already know this
underageb&

ayo hol up. u be sayin we wuz faggots n sheit?

Man, it was a shit post. Calm down. Faggot and fascist still have the same base word

No, you're a leaf so there is no "wuz" but rather "iz"

But faggot as a pejorative didn't exist until the 1980s during the HIV/AIDS scare.

Credit where credit is due, that was pretty good bantz desu

and so does a cup that you put on your balls and your lips

this nigga drinks from other niggas cups LMAO what a faggot

I thought faggot is another word for cigarette

And the original meaning of the word gay is happy.

No one gives a fuck. Language changes over time to gave different meaning

In the UK a fag is a cigarette

The reason homos are called faggots is because they were burned alive using bundles of sticks, or 'faggots'. It's also the reason we call them flaming faggots.

Nice try though OP

I r8 ur b8 8 out of 8

Why do burgers have the symbol in congress?

Obama is Hitler-incarnate

omg he is LITERALLY hitler. I'm literally shaking so hard right now.

I thought we called them flaming faggots because they're flamboyant

YFW you realise there are always 2 faggots in congress

No, it's because we used to kill them with fire.

Lincoln also rests his arms on fasces in the Lincoln memorial. Its because it dates back to Roman times, the fasces is a symbol of unity and government authority. Surprised we didn't ditch them when the Fascists adopted them like we did with the Bellamy salute

You didn't ditch them because those symbols are still relevant to old global elite families.