Why do naitonalists, globalists, bible-thumpers...

Why do naitonalists, globalists, bible-thumpers, race-supremacists and progressives all feel the need to be a part of something greater than themselves? Why are they so dependent on a proxy to feel empowered?

Tipping my fedora in advance.

>why is everyone shit except for my perfect self?
>A post by OP

Because statism

With neocons, neolibs, and classicons, you lose.

You're missing the point entirely.

What causes belongingness? Why do so few people fight it?

Really?

The reason why all non-lolbertarians get so zealous, vitriolic, and holier-than-thou is because they're all fighting for the right to coerce and steal from people who disagree with them (controlling government).

Look, not everyone is as narcissistic as you OP.

They cannot construct for themselves motivation to live.

Since instinct trumps logic in most minds, they will align themselves with the movement that most resembles their reasoning instead of committing suicide.

I've decided I exist to laugh at all of this.

But, deciding to live for a purpose as you did and as those you said didn't did, is the same thing.
You're just arbitrarily claiming superiority because you decided to laugh while others decided to work or contribute.
You're an idiot.
>why do people invest in things they see as beneficial
Geee, really lighting my potatos.

Because humans are tribal, you retard.

The left over animal instinct to view the tribe as one's self as well as the overwhelming self service we live in which leads to power and hierarchy.
>We is me
>I prefer me (us) over you
>I want to benefit (us)
>I need to take from you to get what we need
>I must have power over you greater than that of my own in order to do this >This intoxicates me and further encourages the behavior

Even if you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

Interesting. I tend to live as a gondola myself, but I'm working towards a way to create dramatic changes using subtle gestures that would be nearly impossible to trace back to me.

>Because humans are tribal, you retard.
You are if you choose to be.

What is this from, really gives me some fucky childhood vibes

Freakazoid!

Freakazoid you heathen.

>fucky confirmed
thanks user

You're welcome.

Somebody got a take the blame for this hell hole we call civilisation

>steal
That's a lie. Taxation is not theft; read some Locke, you imbecile.

That doesn't make sense in context of what I said.

Will to power faggot

Humans are social animals

It's not about feeling a need. Our self-interests are bound together with allied groups and in conflict with those of other groups. If you work as a team to promote your shared interests, you are more likely to be successful. That's basically what politics is...

>Will to power
You don't get that by being a part of a group. You get that by surpassing groups.

>Humans are social animals
that's just a thought-terminating cliche.

People more often than not seem to join groups compulsively, only bound by sharing the most superficial few interests. Groups themselves are often in conflict with most of the self-interests of the individuals that comprise them, either forcing the individuals of that group to assimilate the beliefs of the group, downplay the importance of the differences or abandon the group once it's no longer convenient to them. If it weren't for the inter-dependence of groups, the individual could probably be more successful.