Georgia in complete shutdown as it braces for winter storm

There are only six snow plow trucks in the entire Atlanta metro area.

>tfw just moved into the Atlanta area recently after over a decade of living in NY
>absolutely dumbfounded when news stations are telling people to hoard days worth of food over ~7 inches of snow
You've shed some light on the situation though OP, I didn't know that.

I'm south of Atlanta in Macon. No snow for me.
Fuck Atlanta let them freeze.

>-22 celcius here

fuck this winter

Every time I see pic from cali or florida I am jelly

Nigger meca of the united states of America......is Atlanta.

Not being prepared, no life skills 6 inches of snow and it's the end of the world....

Sorry southern whites and non niggers ....

I can guarantee you blue collar plow drivers all the way from maine are coming down right now and charging 10,000% their normal rates

This is going to knock the "snowpocalypse" of a couple years ago out of the fucking park

there were cars stranded on the side of the highway

nobody has 4wd, that's the end

The fact that people in the Atlanta area can't seem to drive for shit even without snow probably won't help any either.

Sir you veiled reference to what is otherwise known as the americus Niggerus.....or Nigger in layman's terms.

You meant those people....

Do people in north states use winter tires in winter season?

It would help considering people drive to and from work in the freaking snow.

no
we don't need them or 4wd either
we aren't fuckheads and know to slow the fuck down in snow and ice and brake earlier

>t. Minnesotan

You mean "those people" *cough* blacks *cough*

What about all those bro trucks? Aren't those 4WD?

Usually when it snows the ground isn't cold enough yet so it melts a bit and then freezes so you get a nice thin sheet of ice and then snow on top. Also people never prepare for snow becuase it doesnt snow that often.

Stay warm my friend

>slow the fuck down in snow and ice

Do you head for wotk an hour early to make up for this silliness?

Man the winters I spent in the south as a kid were the best. The snow day shenanigans were awesome because most of the shit was ice instead of snow.

>Road down a huge fucking hill with a driveway at the bottom that was angled in such a way that it served as a jump to the second part of the hill
>On the road is a full inch block of ice that was only starting to melt so it was super slick
>me and the lads spend 8 hours straight flying down this fucking hill and getting sweet air
>One of the redneck bros greased up his plastic trashcan-lid thingie and was probably going 40 by the time he hit the jump

shit was so cash

Born and raised in Georgia for 20 years before joining the Navy. If I never go back to GA, I will be fine. GA is a fucking shithole. Black AIDS capital of the united States. Drugs run rampant, Mexican and black gangs constantly ruining neighborhoods . It's a shame.

have you ever been driving on fresh 10cm+ snow + ice under?

do you know what happens in the morning if you have 15snow and +5celcius at evening and -2 during night?

ignorance the post kek

No you fucking mongoloid you leave 10 minutes early and drive the speed limit instead of 30 over

I see what you did there.... :)

Atlanta resident here, hopefully things will spiral into chaos and I can start shooting looters

Kek

Birmingham here

we will have less snow but we will have REALLY bad ice

Also it's really hilly and my driveway is at a 45 degree angle so it'll be equally as bad over here.

Us and Atlanta both went though the 2014 snowstorm and we both had cars abandoned for up to a week.

We'll survive desu

With fresh snow on road, even with winter tires if you are driving 30km/h your car is going to slide on a fucking road when you are trying to stop.

Do you really have driver license?

Looters = Black People

Pol is always right.

Canada you should know about snow. Are you one of those women drivers that thinks slamming on her brakes works?

2017 version. well done

Can confirm this I live in the north mountains, we are sold out of bread and milk everywhere

Only -11 here.

Probably going to go for a walk on the river today or tomorrow.

B-but I thought the Earth was heating up

>South
>think they can rise again
>largest city can't function in 5 inches of snow

No, we keep a reasonable distance between each car and drive around 60mph all the same

Actually winters are much more warm now.

Depends on how much snow. If it's just a little dusting you can go at least 50 km/h.

All the white women are going to spend their time with the strong black bulls while their pathetic husbands shovel.

Please go back. We've been full for over a decade and you assholes are making my commute worse.

It's because in 2014 it snowed here and the whole state went into chaos. Highways were shut down. People were abandoning their cars in the street, some sleeping in them. It was hysteria. I was off work that day so I was nice and cozy for the snow week that followed

This is the issue Yankees don't seem to understand. Snow in the northern US is just snow because it stays below freezing all winter. Here it melts halfway and then turns to ice overnight. An inch of snow shuts down the city because it rapidly becomes an inch of ice and we dont have the equipment to clear all the snow in one day.

Hi Andrew. Go suck a few dicks on your boat bud.

An inch of snow doesn't become an inch of ice. Maybe half a CM worth if it's really dense snow.

i took this pic for all teh coldfags

>Atlanta about to get absolutely BTFO again

Filthy dumb Floridian scum

as someone who was raised in Alabama and moved to Iowa, i am laughing right now. sucks to be there :D

Lol what faggots

Winter is best time of year. Skiing+Winter offroading is the best.

Also donuts in parking lots with your car.

How can you hate winter?

Even if you had 4wd in Atlanta, wouldn't do you any good, you'd be stuck behind 100 people who don't have it.

And 4wd isn't a panacea, you can still drive yourself quite nicely into the ditch with 4wd. All the extra two wheels lets you do is not get stuck, doesn't help you corner or brake any better than a 4x2 would.

My advice after having lived with snow in CO for the past 8 years - if you can avoid driving on it, do so. It's the best response. If you do have to drive on it, wait for other people to pack it down first and then get out on it. And drive slow. If someone gets mad at you, just pull over and let them on by.

Shoo shoo shitskin

This board is for the white man.

Yes yes yes!!!
I hope we get road warrior like pictures.
Kek I love it when it snows in the south.

lotsa dead batteries is what happens kek

Colorado is such a pretty state

>only been here 8 years
>if you can avoid driving on it, do so
Transplants pls go

Midtown ATL reporting in. General Manager isn't opening the restaurant tonight. Haven't had a "snow" day since high school in jersey. hopefully the weedman rolls through and I can get Friday night comfy.

>This is the issue Yankees don't seem to understand.
Top fucking kek. That happens everywhere but the far north. Unless you want to call people from Illinois or Michigan something other than yankees.

You cold??? haha

Depends on the state. Some really salt the shit out of their roads. Some do not. For the ones that don't 4wd will help you avoid getting stuck, but 4wd doesn't give you that much more ability.

And it costs more and it dings you on fuel economy. But it is nice to be able to to switch to 4H on the fly and keep going. Getting out to put chains on can really suck.

>was supposed to get 3 feet in Michigan the other night
>got 2 inch
they're wrong so often but if you're in the south and they say snow you're cucked regardless if it's 4ft or 4 inches

Many of them have precious little experience driving on snow and you combine that with idiocy and traffic density and you get gridlock.

O btw, your welcome for gentrifying atlanta. This city is rapidly becoming based.

>5 degrees Fahrenheit in Michigan, feet of snow.

WHO COMFY HERE

protip to southern bros: check air in your tires and your battery, as cold weather will fuck both

You oughtta see the grocery stores around here in CO. Plenty of bread and milk before and after the winter storm but they'll clean out the cabbages and the canned beans right after the storm has passed.

>be floridian
>don't get snow
>get shot instead

Not an Andrew, try again. Here's your (((you)))

Vermonter here. Lmaoing at ur life Georgia.

>*the distant sound of breaks skidding and a muffled "sheeeeeeit" emanates in the distance*

>falling for the snow tire Jew
>implying we don't all learn to drift as teenagers
>implying I don't blast Eurobeat in my Mitsubishi while swerving down 60 degree angle switchbacks in 20 meter visibility

Fucking casuals

It takes literally 2 minutes to turn a truck into a snow plow truck.

How hard is it to attach a giant shovel to the right of your truck?

Southerners are truly retarded.

Lifelong mountain land native here with some winter driving tips for southern anons.

1) Drive as fast as you can.
Icy roads are dangerous and the less time you are on them the better.

2) lean into turns.
Just like on a motorcycle. Gives you extra traction. Looks cool too.

3) if you find yourself skidding sideways or backwards let go of the steering wheel and relax.
You gonna crash. Might as well enjoy the ride for a bit.

People who think snow tires are a meme have never used them.

From NY and at first thought everyone here was retarded freaking out at snow but really the problem down here is that snow is a very rare occurrence and usually turns to ice here because of the freezing and thawing. Driving on black ice roads is difficult and combined with people who have no experience with it plus niggers is a recipe for shtf every few years.
Also Buford checking in.

Yeah, it's just a shame about all the degenerates.

Florida eh?

I don't know if anyone has explained ITT but allow me to

A big part of the reason we freak when it snows, even lightly, is because it melts the during the day, and then we have deep thick ice covering everything

A few years ago I saw my neighbors tree collapse onto his house due to the weight of the ice

So no it's not "LOL SOUTHERN CANT HANDLE THE SNOW XD" It's that the results of said snow are like an ice blizzard.

>0 c in south Texas atm

it's too cold to be outside desu

Cherokee county here, can confirm retards cant drive here. Add snow and ice and its ridiculous, it took me 30 minutes just to go get cigarettes a within a mile from home

The south is absolute shit when snow hits. About 2 years ago you will remember that the south got like 1/2 inch of snow and had entire states shut down and hundreds of accidents. They are retards in cold weather.

It's true. Businesses urged to close by 3:30pm and the mayor is asking everyone to be off all major roads by 4pm. Expect some fun chaos here tonight georgiabros.

We call those "black women in the left lane on the interstate going 85 with their cell in one hand, coffee in the other, steering with their knees" god help us all

I've used both. I'm not some Trashua poorfag who straps chains to their balding tires.

Snow tires are no fun.

This happens everywhere. We get one or two ice storms a year in Illinois, and direct sunlight melts snow regardless of the temperature. You do not have special snowflake road conditions You just can't drive.

>tfw tifton
Yawn
It never rains here, much less snow.

You guys also have trucks to scrape the 3 inches of ice of the road

we don't

>inb4 well hurr durr we drive on all that ice

Nah my time living in the midwest tells me you're full of shit

We are fucked :^)

>he doesn't live on the west coast where the weather is always great
Life must be suffering kek

I live outside the city limits of Springfield, by about fifteen miles. All country roads. If my shit gets plowed on the first day, its after sunset. Usually its day two or three before my area is cleared. The only plow my town has is a city owned pickup with a mounted pushplow and a salt dispenser in the bed. All I've got is a front wheel drive Nissan shitbox, and I can deal with it just fine.

That's something retards fail to understand.
>We get 40cm of snow weekly where I'm from
>Kek, they can't handle even 1cm once every 10 years
Places that get 1cm of snow every decade rarely have the tools to handle any snow. It's not like they're pussies, they just can't get rid of it efficiently.
If you don't know what I mean, go drive on the highway at full speed during a snow storm.

The dumbass northerners don't understand. It's not the 7 inches of snow we are worried about but the black ice. We don't have salt trucks like you snow niggers

Stupid Yanks did this when we had snow a few years ago.

>I'll show these Hicks how it's done

>Crashes and wrecks 4 cars with em

>Sheeeeeiiiit

Go shoot the snow plow drivers

Introduce a little chaos

well aren't you a special snowflake

>If you don't know what I mean, go drive on the highway at full speed during a snow storm.
That's the thing. They do that. And then complain that the reason they're in a ditch is that the city was ill-equipped.

You seem to be confusing the Mason-Dixon line with the arctic circle. Water still melts north of Tennessee in the winter. We all deal with black ice regularly.

This, desu. I say we redirect all the Atlanta gibs money into a few more snowplows. We'd always be prepared and we could rent them out to less prepared southern towns and cities to make more money.

Everybody wins, except niggers, but fuck 'em

nah son. that shit hit right at rush hour. there will be snow, but not highways littered with abandoned cars like some walking dead tier shit.

F

Yes? Do they not salt the roads there? Sure, back roads can be dangerous, but just drive slow.

Fucking snow niggers. FloridIan's are the most powerful race in the world

>The dumbass northerners don't understand. It's not the 7 inches of snow we are worried about but the black ice.

Well there's your problem
Round these parts our ice is white and well behaved.

This is my favorite part of winter, laughing at southerners go to hell over an inch of snow!

>6 snow ploughs

idn't Atlanta get hit by heavy snow the last 2 years in a row?

Who runs that fucking tow-

oh..

That's not how this works.