youtu.be/VfyDgDTu0Go
youtube.com/watch?v=Yc-RmAVK8Pg
youtube.com/watch?v=U3LTTbOYVfU
youtube.com/watch?v=ro1byfe5vUM
youtube.com/watch?v=t6BRVQDEO7k
youtu.be/TjHniRRgOao
youtu.be/L2A3KidIhe8
jpost.com/Middle-East/Behind-the-lines-Syrian-scenarios-477626
digitaljournal.com/news/world/turkey-to-naturalise-syrian-iraqi-migrants-erdogan/article/483106
eblnews.com/news/world/turkish-army-1362-islamic-state-fighters-killed-august-51037
kurdistan24.net/en/news/b8deffcd-24c5-4eb1-9640-0768d6fa22bf/IS-head-of-finance-and-intelligence-killed-in-northern-Syria
sputniknews.com/us/201701061049338868-us-observer-syria-talks/
irishtimes.com/news/politics/total-of-760-refugees-arrived-in-state-last-year-1.2928240
sana.sy/en/?p=97771
youtube.com/watch?v=JdVa5qoh_80
sana.sy/en/?p=97754
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/06/john-kerry-blames-british-parliament-derailing-us-plans-strike/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labskaus
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_paganism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_neopaganism
skvr.fi/
defensenews.com/articles/israeli-satellite-imagary-shows-russian-nuclear-capable-missiles-in-syria
washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/6/israeli-satellite-confirms-russia-providing-syria-/
fijitimes.com/story.aspx?id=384515
epi.org/publication/usa-lags-peer-countries-mobility/
middleeastmonitor.com/20170105-qatar-fm-meets-syrian-opposition/
middleeastmonitor.com/20170106-pro-regime-soldiers-join-opposition-in-wadi-barada/
straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/pro-isis-terror-group-leader-killed-by-philippine-troops
youtube.com/watch?v=-XiZ0c3PJOM
asbarez.com/158766/a-year-after-2500-syrian-refugees-arrive-toronto-armenians-celebrate/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Fuck Syria!

>must watch

>Assad visits monastery for Christmas
youtu.be/aG_SutViEmQ

American senator tell the other side of the story
youtu.be/0FNtEWfay_8

>THE TRUTH ABOUT White helmets
youtube.com/watch?v=8aAaReVn2I4

The Face of American Regime Change
youtu.be/T634A6AWR9c

Virginia senator on Aleppo
youtu.be/VfyDgDTu0Go

>Neutral report on "War Crimes" in Syria
youtube.com/watch?v=Yc-RmAVK8Pg

Syria ambassador in USA
youtube.com/watch?v=U3LTTbOYVfU

>NGO’s and hybrid warfare
youtube.com/watch?v=ro1byfe5vUM

What's REALLY Happening in Syria (by SyrianGirlPartisan)
youtube.com/watch?v=t6BRVQDEO7k

>The Lies of Syria
youtu.be/TjHniRRgOao

WikiLeaks: Turkish oil minister links to Isis oil trade
- wikileaks.org/berats-box/article
Top aide to Hillary Clinton: :Al-Qaeda is on our side in Syria
- wikileaks.org/clinton-emails/emailid/23225

>SJWs are planning to march all the way from Germany to Aleppo over the course of three and a half months:
youtu.be/L2A3KidIhe8

nth for turkey!

reposting news for the new bread

>Behind the lines: Syrian scenarios

1st

by preserving the existence of the Assad regime, safeguarding Russia’s naval assets in Tartus and Latakia, and showing the lethal efficacy of Russian air power, Putin now sees himself as having proved his point.

In this scenario, the recent cease-fire is intended as a prelude to a deal that will largely leave the current balance of forces in Syria in place on the ground. Give or take some final clearing out of rebel pockets close to Damascus and in the northwest, any agreement that follows the cease-fire would usher in a loose, federal arrangement for an essentially divided Syria, leaving Alawis, Sunni Arabs and Kurds with their own de facto entities.

2nd
Russians have themselves adopted the goal of complete regime victory. If this is the case, the current diplomacy is merely chatter beneath which the effort at military conquest will continue, stage by stage.

One way in which this might take place would be for ongoing efforts by the regime against the remains of the rebellion in Idlib and Deraa provinces. At the same time, the US-supported Syrian Democratic Forces would be permitted to continue to grind down Islamic State in the east of the country. Once these processes are complete – that is, the rebellion and Islamic State are destroyed or pushed to the margins – Moscow would present the US and the West with the fait accompli of the defeated rebellion, and suggest that with the war against Islamic State now complete, coalition air power could be withdrawn.

Once that has taken place, the Kurdish dominated SDF would then be presented with the choice of cooperating with the regime and its allies or being destroyed by them.

jpost.com/Middle-East/Behind-the-lines-Syrian-scenarios-477626

Guys, Aleppo has been liberated.

Nth For Dead Kurds and Fsa

So if I'm reading all this right
>Rebels sabotage water supply in Damascus because they are scum
>try to blame SAA
>nobody buys it
>immediately threaten to do the exact same thing to another city
>somehow try to make it Assad's fault
>truce brokered
>rebels break truce
>say Assad was gonna do it first so they just beat him to the punch
How can anybody possible support these pieces of human garbage? Crucifixion is too good for them.

>tfw not Finnish

>Turkey to naturalise Syrian, Iraqi migrants: Erdogan

Erdogan on Friday announced that some of the millions of Syrian and Iraqis who have fled to Turkey would be given Turkish nationality.

"Our interior ministry is carrying out work, and under this work, some of them will be granted our nationality after all the necessary checks" have been carried out, Erdogan said in a speech broadcast on television.

"There are highly qualified people among them, there are engineers, lawyers, doctors. Let's make use" of that talent, he argued.

"Instead of letting them work illegally here and there, let's give them the chance to work as citizens, like the children of this nation," he said.

Erdogan said the interior ministry "is ready to implement the measure at any time." But he gave no further details, notably about how many would gain Turkish nationality.

According to Turkish government figures, the country is hosting more than three million Syrians and Iraqis who have fled war.

digitaljournal.com/news/world/turkey-to-naturalise-syrian-iraqi-migrants-erdogan/article/483106
>Turkish army: 1,362 Islamic State fighters killed since August

eblnews.com/news/world/turkish-army-1362-islamic-state-fighters-killed-august-51037

It's time again.

>IS head of finance and intelligence killed in northern Syria

An Islamic State (IS) chief was killed by a coalition airstrike in Raqqa, Syria, US officials revealed.

Mahmud al-Isawi, a long-standing IS member who led the group's media and intelligence was killed by a precision air strike in the de facto IS capital of Raqqa, Combined Joint Task Force (CJTF) reported.

Al-Isawi controlled the flow of instructions and finances between IS-held areas and IS leaders and provided support to propaganda and intelligence outlets.

"Al-Isawi was the 16th significant member of IS's external operations network to be killed by Coalition forces in 2016," the CJTF stated.

kurdistan24.net/en/news/b8deffcd-24c5-4eb1-9640-0768d6fa22bf/IS-head-of-finance-and-intelligence-killed-in-northern-Syria

>State Dept Says US May Assume Observer Role in Intra-Syria Talks in February

Read more: sputniknews.com/us/201701061049338868-us-observer-syria-talks/

>Ireland has accepted 760 refugees fleeing war in Syria and elsewhere

A total of 760 refugees had arrived in Ireland by the end of 2016 under the Government’s humanitarian programme for people fleeing conflict in Syria and other war-torn countries in the Middle East and north Africa.

The Government committed to admitting 4,000 people over three years in a two-strand programme. The first strand related to displaced people who had fled the civil war in Syria and were living in camps in countries such as Turkey and Lebanon. These people had already been recognised as refugees and would come to Ireland under a resettlement programme.

irishtimes.com/news/politics/total-of-760-refugees-arrived-in-state-last-year-1.2928240

well well welll

>Aleppo Governor meets French delegation

leppo Governor Hussein Diab affirmed on Friday during a meeting with a French delegation currently visiting Syria that Aleppo is living the joy of victory over terrorism which targeted it and killed and injured many of its innocent people

For his part, head of a French delegation Thierry Mariani pointed out that clearing Aleppo from terrorism is a turning point not only for Syria but for all the world, and that what threatens Syria is a threat for the whole world, especially with the presence of sponsors of terrorism, adding that the delegation is happy to be in Aleppo, which is part of the world heritage.

sana.sy/en/?p=97771

as a libertarian liberty is very important to me. but what exactly is a leppo and why has it been liberated?

>4,000
>meanwhile in Sweden

WHY IS THIS FUCKING LEAK NOT BEING DISCUSSED?
youtube.com/watch?v=JdVa5qoh_80

>500 tons of humanitarian aid cargo sent by Kazakhstan to Syrian people

A ship loaded with 500 tons of food aid provided by the government and people of the Republic of Kazakhstan arrived in Tartous port on Friday.

Ambassador of Kazakhstan to Jordan Azmat Berdibay said that the ship includes 500 tons of flour, canned meat, rice, pasta and tea, adding that the humanitarian aid was delivered to the port of Tartus with assistance from Russian Defense Ministry and will be distributed later in order to alleviate the suffering of Syrian citizens due to the current crisis.

In a press statement, Berdibay affirmed that his country supports the exerted efforts of the Syrian government and the international community to end the crisis via dialogue and reconciliation, hoping that the talks will continue in the future, within the framework of the Geneva conference under UN auspices to settle the situation in Syria through peaceful means.

sana.sy/en/?p=97754

fake and gay

Because it's from October 2016.

>source: youtube

Based Borats!

Wikileaks confirmed it was real though.

I did listen to it when it came out and I found it to be very general. Nothing out of the ordinary, Imean it;s what we have been thinking all this time.

it goes the lines of:
>USA good, we help people
>Russia came in and ruined our calm waters

SOON
O
O
N

"To your descendants I give this land, from the city of London to the great city, the city of novgorod" -Hanseatic bookkeeper ca.1445

Groß-Hansa WILL rise and there's nothing you can do about it.

sup honorary steppe archer. maybe in a year or two i ll come to fingolia for phd.

Glory to the Baker.

CAUTION: DON'T BELIEVE THIS RUSSIAN PROPAGANDA PIECE, SNOPES HAS REPORTED THIS AS BEING FAKE NEWS

Oh wow you made it lad! Even if I said no....

I do appreciate the effort... thanx!

+1 bread for you!

what's this Hanseatic League gonna traffick in? """"humans""""?

NOT SO FAST GENGHIS

Sorry it's so compressed, fucked up when exporting it and I had already deleted the images I was working with. Not worth it to redo it.

I just thought I'd show you it's there if you ever want it. I won't use it until you do.if you'd rather not.

it's like I always said

slowly slowly catch a monkey

>hey guise check out this sick leak
>doesn't actually leak any new information

>John Kerry blames British Parliament for derailing US plans to strike Syria

The British Parliament’s vote against bombing Syria derailed America’s own plans to use force against the Assad regime in response to its use of chemical weapons, John Kerry has said.

It has long been speculated that Barack Obama backed away from his plan to strike Syria because of David Cameron’s defeat in the House of Commons in 2013, but the outgoing US Secretary of State confirmed it officially in a farewell press conference.

“We were marching towards that time when, lo and behold, on a Thursday of a week before the Friday decision, Prime Minister David Cameron went to Parliament … he sought a vote of approval for him to join in the action that we were going to engage in. And guess what? The Parliament voted no. They shot him down.”

telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/01/06/john-kerry-blames-british-parliament-derailing-us-plans-strike/

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Labskaus

>Nope, we made sure they forgot their khanatean history when they were part of the royal Swedish scrotum Empire. Only religion finns have is vodka.
Oh please. We have by far more left of our old religions than you Scandis have.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_paganism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finnish_neopaganism

>Suomen kansan vanhat runot, or SKVR, is a 34-part work, wherein is published the majority of the original sources of Kalevala-type poetry: around 100,000 different poems. Now digitised, the collection is available online free-access
skvr.fi/
On going to war:
Lintu lensi alta linnan,
Sulka valkea vaelsi,
Tuo toi sotasanomet,
Sotaviestit vieretteli.
5 Kenen on sotae mennä?
Vet ei kenen ku sisaren.
Emyt mielille pahoille,
Syvämille surkeille,
Isyt mielille hyville,
10 Syvämille lämpymille.
Alkoi hirret hengäellä,
Kuningatki kummitella:
Ei o noita ennen kuultu,
Ennen kuultu, ennen nähty
15 Sormus sormie soas[sa],
Lint[t]ipäitä alla linnan,
Tanupäitä tappelussa!
Lintu lensi alta linnan,
Sulka valkea vaelsi.
20 Kenen on sotaen mennä?
Veljen on sotaen mennä.
Isyt miellille pahoille,
Syämille surkehille.
Siso saunan lemmitteli,
25 Lämmitti sotasen saunan,
Sotaselle vellol[l]e.
Vello kylpi lautasel[la],
Siso neuvo kynnyksel[lä]:
"Oi vello emäni lapsi,
30 Kuin saat sota menemät,
Älä o uhkea soas[sa],
Aivan tarkka tappelus[sa]!
Älä mää eteen muista,
Älä jää jälestä muista;
35 Kiery keskellä väkeä,
Liki lipun kantaja[a],
Lipun kantaja kavala!"

lel

I mean you live in free market societies where a hard working person could rise up the social ladder and make something out of himself. You can go to music festivals, shop online, go abroad on holidays and discuss politics in the open without fear of mukhabarat and the such and even if you decided to stay home and do nothing no one will come after you to draft your ass to die out of hunger and inadequate training in a scorching desert. How could someone kill himself when he has so many options?

Not everyone in the West has a wonderful rich life.

Haha, true! I remember when that was made

It's fine, don't worry!

I have to ask, since you have started to make pictures of the regulars. Even if you don't get along with /sg/;s views, did you start to like coming in here?

THANK YOU NIGEL

awesome

I've always liked coming in here. This, the Hohol Map and the subreddit are the best places on Earth to get info on Syria. The media is useless.

Violating the echochamber is the whole point. Echochambers are boring. It's why I barely listen to any of those anti-SJW channels on YT anymore, for example. All they do is say the same shit all the time and never pay attention to either foreign affairs or to the resurgence of the right wing because a lot of them have, probably without realizing it, adopted the "enemy of my enemy is my friend" approach.

we've collected more folk poetry in modern times than probably any other nation. but scandis have far more sources from them olden days.

>mfw the first three letters of my ID
This is some divided by zero tier shit. Did i just invent an infinite (you)-generating mechanism?

>Israeli Satellite Imagery Shows Russian Nuclear-Capable Missiles in Syria

High-resolution imagery released on Thursday confirms what Moscow-watchers and intelligence analysts have known since March of last year: the deployment of Russian nuclear-capable ballistic missiles in Syria.

Captured on Dec 28 by the Israeli-built Eros B satellite, the spy-quality images were posted Jan. 5 on the website of ImageSat International (iSi), a subsidiary of Israel Aerospace Industries (IAI), the state-owned firm that builds all of Israel’s spy satellites.

In a section of the iSi website called Insights, the firm shows an image over Russia’s Hmeymin base in Latakia, Syria of what it says are two Iskander-launching vehicles, each capable of deploying two of the 500-kilometer-range surface-to-surface missiles known to NATO as SS-26.

defensenews.com/articles/israeli-satellite-imagary-shows-russian-nuclear-capable-missiles-in-syria

washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/6/israeli-satellite-confirms-russia-providing-syria-/

>I mean you live in free market societies where a hard working person could rise up the social ladder and make something out of himself
For what purpose? So you can consume and produce in an endless, pointless cycle that offers no sort of fulfillment? Just step into the hamster wheel and keep it spinning so the generation after you can do the same thing until it all collapses in on itself?
>How could someone kill himself when he has so many options?
Because life is utterly meaningless and none of the options you state offer any reason to live, especially so to someone who is socially excluded.

oh fug :DDD

You have to invent your own reason to live. The universe can't give you one, because it lacks the capacity to care about you, and because you don't exist for any purpose.

wtf is that supposed to make us sympathetic to obama? this makes him look even worse

The zombies need to have liberator faces

checked and have a (Uoy)

If this isn't a good enough reason for Obama to stop pissing off the Turks, I dunno what is.

They've got fucking cruise missiles in Syria you dumbshit. You definitely need Turkey - I mean you needed them before, but this just reinforces the point.

>You have to invent your own reason to live
That's where you're wrong, leaf.

agree with this guy was literally going to write the same thing.

your advantage over non 1st worlders is that your chances of climbing up the ladder is much more higher because your society enables easier means of moving from one class to other.

i invite you to spend a Finnish winter cooped up in a shitty apartment surrounded by willfully ignorant and spiteful anti-social assholes. the noose will look enticing come january.

yeah im sure Syrians are so happy to be on the "to nuke" list

Oy to the fucking vey!

Glorious assads?
Maybe assads & zahreddines &nasrallahs and putins

It never stopped anyone before.

He SAID he would do it. This is a pathetic excuse. He doesn't want to admit he knew it was a bad idea but made the threat anyway because it's what everyone 'expected' of him, and then refused to follow through with his bad decision thus preventing him from being able to effectively bluff or have his threats carry any weight in the future.

>Because life is utterly meaningless and none of the options you state offer any reason to live, especially so to someone who is socially excluded
no wonder you top the list of suicides

And I do not give a rat's ass about climbing the ladder. I'd rather build a new one entirely, but the ladder's already there and there's no more wood left, so I just either sit here and wait for the ladder to collapse, or just die of old age or by my own hand.

is that why finns are all so rude online?

than you build your own ladder finn, remember your ancestor genghis and how he pretty much raped whole world singlehandedly starting from age 42!

its never too late.

yes.

Dude, I'm sorry but this is definition of first world problems. You don't have to deal with crippling, widespread poverty, a corrupt government, no social services, shit infrastructure, increased religiosity, etc. The 1st world RIGHT NOW is the best any group of humans in existence has EVER had it. You need to recognize that.

>Return to Aleppo

Thousands of people are starting to return to formerly rebel-held east Aleppo despite freezing weather and destruction "beyond imagination", a top UN official told Reuters from the Syrian city.

In the last couple of days around 2200 families have returned to the Hanano housing district, said Sajjad Malik, country representative in Syria for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR).

People are coming out to east Aleppo to see their shops, their houses, to see if the building is standing and the house is not that looted ... to see, should they come back," he said in an interview.

People returning face appalling conditions.

"It is extremely, bitterly cold here," said Mr Malik. "The houses people are going back to have no windows or doors, no cooking facilities."

Aid is vital to prevent more deaths. The UN is helping people to restart their lives in one room of their apartments to start with, he said, giving them mats, sleeping bags and plastic sheets to cover blown-out windows.

>Bread and water

Hanano was one of the first Aleppo neighbourhoods to fall to rebels in 2012, and the first to be retaken by the Syrian government on its way to seizing back full control of the northern city last month — the biggest victory for President Bashar al-Assad in nearly six years of war.

Reconstruction will take a long time, Mr Malik said, but the immediate priority is to keep people warm and fed. UN-supported partners provide hot meals twice a day to 21,000 people, and 40,000 people get baked bread every day. More than 1.1 million people once again have access to clean water in bottles or through tankers and wells.

Mobile clinics are up and running, and more than 10,000 children have received polio vaccinations.

Thousands of children who have not been able to attend school need reintegrating into the education system through remedial classes to rebuild their confidence, Malik said.

fijitimes.com/story.aspx?id=384515

Not every country has good social mobility, it's been declining for decades in the West, outside of Scandinavia

epi.org/publication/usa-lags-peer-countries-mobility/

i would get cross country ski's waxed
do a bit of training.

then head out karelia way towards middle/end of feb

fill up the rest of the time with some ice sailing

man I was going to write a long reply to but you hit the nail on the head fellow countryman.

I'm sorry but I'm memeing.

i am off to sleep, gn faglords.

Why is he holding a penis?

>Qatar FM meets Syrian opposition

Qatari Foreign Minister Sheikh Mohammed Bin Abdulrahman Al-Thani met with the President of the Syrian National Coalition, Anas Al- Abada, and the Chief Coordinator of the High Negotiations Committee, Riad Hijab, in the Qatari capital Doha.

The meeting discussed the latest developments in Syria especially in the wake of the ceasefire brokered by Turkey and Russia as well as efforts to find a political solution to the crisis.

middleeastmonitor.com/20170105-qatar-fm-meets-syrian-opposition/

is this site reliable ?

found another strange article about SAA deflecting to rebels in wadi barada

middleeastmonitor.com/20170106-pro-regime-soldiers-join-opposition-in-wadi-barada/

smells fishy

good night roach

Turks are all closeted gays with feminine penises

>for what purpose?
None. The experience itself can be fulfilling without necessarily leading you to some higher level of self consciousness or divine illumination . The ability to improve your intellect, to follow your interests and to leave your mark in society if you work hard enough are all things you cannot do in a third world shithole like Syria. And besides that, we're all animals anyway famalam, so at least better be happy ones.

sleep well

woman is upset with her husbands (guy to the right) sex performance so wants to divorce her. kadı (judge) suggest she would have trouble financing herself if she divorces because since shes not a virgin it would be hard for her to find a new husband so suggest maybe she should satisfy herself with dildos.

>Pro-ISIS terror group leader killed by Philippine troops

Security forces have killed the leader of a terrorist group in the Philippines with ties to the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria (ISIS).

Chief Superintendent Cedrick Train said in a report that Mohammad Jaafar Maguid, alias "Tokboy", was killed at around 1am yesterday in a police operation in Kiamba town, Sarangani province.

Maguid was the head of Ansar al-Khilafah Philippines, an extremist group among a handful in the war-torn southern island group of Mindanao that have pledged allegiance to ISIS.

Police caught up with him as he was about to leave a beach resort. He was killed on the spot, while three of his men were arrested, according to Chief Supt Train. Two AR-15 assault rifles, a grenade, magazine clips, a cellphone, a passport and a passbook were taken from the men.

"We consider this a big blow to Ansar al-Khilafah," Colonel Edgard Arevalo, a military spokesman, told reporters.

He said that Maguid "was known in his circles as a master bomb-maker. He has already trained other bomb-makers".

straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/pro-isis-terror-group-leader-killed-by-philippine-troops

I have to agree with my finngolian brother here. The meaning of life is to stay alive and reproduce, not an easy task for a social outcast. Where you live doesn't matter.

not her, him.

>Russian servicemen awarded as Admiral Kuznetsov departs conflict zone

youtube.com/watch?v=-XiZ0c3PJOM

>karelia

But there's no more wood left and to build the ladder you need an entire society or people. All I could do is craft a single spoke, a house somewhere close to the wilderness where I proceed to meditate and rot away my time.

Stop with your projections of your own qualia. Why am I supposed to enjoy all of this hedonistic materialism? Is this the height of the human experience? To produce and consume until you die or the environment fails to support your ever extending societal debauchery? All of this is completely meaningless to me and offers absolutely no fulfillment. There is no greater cause to fight for, nothing wondrous to build, nothing worth struggling or dying for. Society's built and the people are safe and I rot away with each passing day.
It is as you said, a first world problem, because the people struggling to survive have purpose and struggles that fill their lives. They have something to work towards, even if that is something as simple as survival.

I am more like....

>Turku
>Not Åbo

Btw why are Nordics like that? Is it the weather?

karelia legitimate finnish clay
bomb russia now

>The experience itself can be fulfilling
Can be indeed, but to me it's not. I would very much like to reach enlightenment and cast away my desires, but I see no path there.
Each man experiences life differently and I can find no fulfillment here.

It's life in the first world. When you fulfill your base needs there are many people who will find themselves utterly without purpose. People not meant for this time of peace and stability.

if you came here in summer and then again in winter, you'd think the whole country had been struck by the body snatchers.

>A Year After 2,500 Syrian Refugees Arrive, Toronto Armenians Celebrate

Canada promised to settle 25,000 Syrian refugees. Toronto’s Armenian Community did not know a tenth of that number would be coming to them.

Days before the first planeload landed on Dec. 10, 2015, a committee of volunteers at the Armenian Community Centre straddling North York and Scarborough were told they would be meet the first group of Armenians from Syria.

Armenian real estate agents scoured the area for housing, and volunteers scrambled to make other arrangements when families arrived and co-sponsors were away.

So many private sponsorships saved the government millions, he said, while the center spent itself into “a dire situation,” enrolling students in its school for free and extending hours as it overtaxed the donor base it depends on.

But the settlement was a great success, both mobilizing and revitalizing an Armenian community, concentrated in Scarborough-Agincourt, Markham-Unionville and Don Valley East, built on waves of immigration.

“They didn’t become a so-called burden on the system here,” Mirakian said of the new arrivals.

Over 90 per cent of job seekers among them are now working, “paying their rents,” said Ohannes Tchamichian, an Armenian Syrian who arrived last Dec. 15, on the second plane.

Tchmichian, his parents and sister were sponsored by a grandfather’s cousin, a man they hadn’t met, who “didn’t hesitate to do it for us” and is now a neighbor in Agincourt.

Born and raised in Aleppo, Syria’s largest and most devastated city, Tchmichian said the country needs 30 years to rebuild, and the war has spread beyond its borders.

asbarez.com/158766/a-year-after-2500-syrian-refugees-arrive-toronto-armenians-celebrate/