Boy Scouts of America

What does Sup Forums think of boy scouts, all jokes aside?

Gay.

I'm an eagle scout. It promotes traditional values and military discipline and legitimate skills.

it really depends on the leaders of the individual troop. most of my leaders were volunteer fire fighters and EMS guys, so we did cool shit like jamborees to west point, cold weather camping, shooting, shit like that.
but when you have all women as leaders, the kids turn out all faggy.
Eagle Scout btw

>posting edits of David "unload my 9 into the welfare line" Horsey

This, however there are in fact faggots trying to molest in there as well.

Accepting homosexuality was a mistake

also eagle scout, this.

But it needs to stop being so cringe with the uniforms, excessive godfagging and pussification.

They teach traditional values but also many scouts are fucking pansies.

Depends, scouts here is a serious bussiness and you actually get to learn shit like mapping, navigating, and other useful shit. Also walking 25 Km with a 10 kg backpack.

Ironically all of the Boy Scouts I grew up around were the worst at outdoor skills such as gathering/splitting wood, not getting lost in the woods, starting a fire, cooking, etc. Really rattled my receptors as a kid when we went camping

>

Eagle scout here
Horsey can die in a fire

More and more I have grown to believe in the Boy Scout movement. I regard it as one of the movements most full of promise for the future here in America. The Boy Scout movement is distinctly an asset to our country for the development of efficiency, virility, and good citizenship. It is essential that its leaders be men of strong, wholesome character; of unmistakable devotion to our country, its customs and ideals, as well as in soul and by law citizens thereof, whose wholehearted loyalty is given to this nation, and to this nation alone."

The movement is one for efficiency and patriotism. It does not try to make soldiers of Boy Scouts but to make boys who will turn out as men to be fine citizens and who will, if their country needs them, make better soldiers for having been Scouts.

Hello friendo...
West point eh? Where in the NY area are you from

Also eagle scout

Horsey what a faggot ass name

The same qualities that mean success or failure to the nation as a whole mean success for failure in men and boys individually. To be helpless, self-indulgent, or wasteful will turn the boy into a mighty poor kind of man just as the indulgence in such vices by the men of a nation means the ruin of a nation. Any boy is worth nothing if he has not got courage, courage to stand up against the forces of evil and courage to stand up in the right path. Let him be unselfish and gentle, as well as strong and brave. It should be a matter of pride to him that he is not afraid of anyone and the he scorns not to be gentle and considerate to everyone, especially those who are weaker than he is. If he doesn't treat his mother and sisters well, then he is a poor creature no matter what else he does; just as a man who doesn't treat his wife well is a poor kind of citizen no matter what his other qualities may be. Let the boy remember he must have knowledge, he must cultivate a sound body and a good mind and train himself so that he can act with quick decision in any crisis that may arise. Mind, eye, muscle all must be trained so that the boy can master himself and thereby learn to master his fate."

Made me jelly as fuck of my big brother and I plan on putting my sons in the scouts.

Best youth organization any young man could be a part of.Fun,Games, networking, skills training, leadership, self reliance. Its all there.

Depends on the troop. Had a war vet leader and learned all about gooks and zipperheads and butterheads and about charlie. We hiked on trails that were overgrown and used machetes to walk through them. Nowdays they sit in computer labs in the camps and then bring their gameboys and cellphones and are fat. Also it gets interesting when the camo gets the blacks from detroit and chicago and have them in the same area. Also eagle like 30% of Sup Forums.

Fellow Eagle Scout here, I'm probably one of the pansies you refer to. I legit can't tie a knot outside of my shoelaces. Or start a campfire or do anything worthwhile. I'm sometimes ashamed to be considered as one of you since I'm really just not.

Eagle Scout here, it varies based on the troop and who you're with. Mine was okay, I didn't appreciate the volunteer work I did in scouts until it was time to get a job. It helped beat a lot of the useless shit out of me.

Want to believe the BSA is good for boys, but it's become daycare for thirteen year olds.
I see proof of this every outing I go on with my younger brother.

It's Minecraft this or talk about the next CoD.
Every fucking kid has an iPhone 7 and they sneak it. The leaders are afraid to confiscate the damned things.

They can't clean cast iron and it takes three hours to make breakfast.
Not one of them has a fucking clue.

Did cub scouts from 1st grade to 5th grade then boy scouts until senior year of high school. It was cool up until my freshman year of high school when our scout master (former FBI detective, really great guy) got a massive tumor on his brain and forgot 95% of his previous life. His replacement was a piece of shit stole money from the troop, all the older guys left and the only new scouts that joined were autists. I only stayed because my dad wanted me to get eagle but after my service project was denied twice I said fuck it and left.

Totally neutered by political correctness well before the gay thing. The knife qual badge does not involve actually touching a dangerous knife. Parents organize their own camp activity groups that are far superior. Their popcorn charity is well run in that you are actually donating to the organization, as opposed to the Girl Scout money machine.

They're fine, its those bigot girl scouts who are the problems.

A gay boy scout leader can bet trusted to go out alone into the woods as the sole supervision for a group of 12 year old boys.

But when I volunteer to take a group of 12 year old girl scouts out into the wilderness people treat me like some sort of pervert, just because I'm a heterosexual male.

Where's the trust?

You should turn in your Eagle medal. You're a disgrace and im not kidding

FBI detective you say? Did he drop any red pills to the troop?

This is why I always thought that Scoutmasters should be way harder on the scouts themselves. The boys were constantly fucking around and it turns into social hour every time there's a meeting.

The problem is that the moms sometimes will go out on outings or sit in on the meetings. Some of them are legitimately helpful, but other hags won't do anything to keep their idiot children in check.
And the scoutmaster of course doesn't want to look like an ass yelling at these kids in front of their own mothers, so it just dissolves into chaos.

Horsey can eat a bag of dicks.

Eagle Scout here, (Class of 1988), it is the last bastion of dudeism where a boy can be a boy. Literally everywhere else in Obama's America boys aren't allowed to be boys, and have to act like girls, or cowtow to the whims of females.

If you have a son, you need to put him in scouts. My son is Life now, and will be working on his Eagle project this Spring.

>morally straight

I happen to agree...

Do it. Turn it in, the medal, all the badges and your cert that your an eagle.

Damn, you fucking disgust me. I'm super pissed I bailed on scouting before attaining eagle, and faggots like you got their fucking dad's to push them thru with no merit.

Girl scouts is not remotely about scouting. It has been dead for decades. If you want your daughter to learn scouting stuff then just take her out and teach her it. It's run by jewish feninists and I'm not entirely memeing when I say that.

Literally how?

Have you guys been taught how to tie a knot blindfolded?

I think that gayness and transgenderism are fine. Its only globalists who are trying to destroy the west who push incest/pedophilia. Just because there is sexual degeneracy does not mean all sexual abnormalities are degenerate.

Forever Life here. Couldn't do the physical stuff.

It all depends on the scoutmaster. Mine, Troop 86, had two, sort of.
The official one was some pencil pusher that I think started the troop for his homeschooled kids. The younger one was pretty well adjusted, but the older one was more autistic and introverted than me, and I'm on fucking Sup Forums.
The unofficial one was everything you'd expect and hope for. Tough as nails, serious, but not to the point that he couldn't take a joke, and was probably in the military at some point. Luckily he took point on most things.

>Boy can be a boy
And I meant to say, it is for that reason that the Boy Scouts are under attack.

I'm a Chief Scout (Canadian version of Eagle), it's a fair place for young boys to learn outdoor skills and maybe pick up some sense of community obligation.

>Have you guys been taught how to tie a knot blindfolded?

One handed and behind the back.

I think survivalism and discipline is good for and kid. But I think girls need to realize how they differ from boys

Fun times climbing mountains and burnin stuff
Also knot tying

>all boy camps
>rampant pedophilla and faggotry

TLDR: The Jew

It teaches kids how to drink here in Belgium. People who did scouting are almost always super chill.
You learn how to drink but still behave like a man. Good times.

I can without even thinking about it.

I may not have attained Eagle, but I have dedicated my life to being fit (fuck that faggot board tho), clean from smoking or drugs, I learned survival skills and shooting.... also, joining the Marines and killing dune coons in Mosul was fun.

Why is Horsey making fun of boy scouts? I doubt Horsey even knows how to light a fire, shoot a gun, or tie a knot.

Do all of your posts come with a disclaimer?

Webelo Pride World Wide

I'm an eagle who backpacks overnight at least 1 night a month and I have shit not skills too. Half hitches, bowline, timber hitch, Clove hitch( for lashings), sheet bend, and that's it. Should I know more?

Pretty much what this guy said My dad really wanted me to be an Eagle for some reason even though my interest fizzled right after Webelos. I learned and completed everything I needed to to get through the ranks, but never committed any of it to long-term memory.

Despite all my shortcomings as an Eagle, I was Senior Patrol Leader for a year and did a good job at that.

Used to be a solid org.

Probably cucked now.

Blindfolded is much more fun if you ask me although with one hand seems more practical
Same, got out of army recruitment a while back and i'm trying to choose which uni i will go to

I'm sure he knows how to suck a mean negro dick... dude is a godless faggot that does nothing but ridicule anything white or Christian or hetero (read: normal) all the while making ad hom and strawman comics that appeal to the low iq lefty voter....

Oh, and he's a jew.

>not knowing the square knot
wew.

It's good stuff. Wish I stuck with it as a kid but I never got higher than wolf before money got too tight. Thankfully my uncle is cool and taught me shit later on

I was in boyscouts back when they supposedly kept out gays

In reality I had fat ugly fucks hitting on me

If anything they should have done way more to keep out the faggots.

Why has fit gone to shit?

good for u senpai. Also an eagle marine and I become a V22 crewchief.

>people other than flyers

I've been hiking with a friend who asked me to help out and teach my local troop. Most of the leaders are fat numale fuck with no outdoor skills themselves. It's disgraceful.

Used to be based af, has now completely gone to shit as these anons illustrates accurately

Learn all of the Figure 8's. Those are life safety knots. Also, learn prussiks.

where do you backpack senpai

I moved to SoCal and there arent many places really worth backpacking at around here

Anything tied to the catholic church is anti-white and for pedo faggots

DO NOT go to uni... seriously, you'll end up killing some fucking green haired cunt for calling you a baby killer.

I tried going, made it 2 weeks and when I saw some libshit whore and her cuck numale faggot friend spit on a ROTC kid, I beat them both with his drill rifle.

9.5 months later I'm out of jail and going to thru a carpenters apprenticeship

Nice Journal entry.

i was raped when I was in the scouts.
not fully ass raped or anything, just made to do shit I really didn't wan't to by some older guys

I won't argue with that,, but since when was the BSA tied to the Papists?
My troop met in a Baptist Church.

>Oh, and he's a jew
Oh I understand now. Fucking kikes.

Apparently it doesn't teach you any grammatical skills though you fucking mongoloid.

Meh, not really a choice seeing how things are going also army is mandatory here
Oh sweden you never fail to give us all a good laugh at your expense

S they have you do push-ups, running, pull ups, etc? So they promote fascism and warn about the dangers of degeneracy? If not then you're a bunch of faggots who might as well be commies

This guy does know that most people don't even give a shit, right?

I'm not gay but we did a lot of "experimenting" in the Cub/Boy Scouts. Looking back I had fun but I wouldn't want to do those things today.

What is that flag?

>inb4 fuck u mobile normie reeeeeee

Though the military is the best, don't go to uni, learn a trade, be a good man, get a good wife and be a truly good person

Listen faggot, just because it's pretty much the same as the Hitler Youth, doesn't mean they push your ideology.

I am an Eagle and was Senior Patrol Leader of my troop for two years. The organization used to be a good place to instill good values, learn valuable skills, etc.but that is all slowly being eroded away. I saw this happen first hand with my troop. I am completely serious when I say the problem with the organization is women stepping out of there place as mothers there to support their kids and nothing more and spineless liberal cuck men. My troop started with a good scoutmaster who had been doing it for 20+ years and stayed on long after his oldest got Eagle because he actually valued the organization. When he left he was replaced with a guy who was only in it for his two kids making Eagle and was willing to jump on board with whatever stupid liberal progressive fad people were trying to press on the organization at the time. He came out and said to everyone at the end of a troop meeting once he was 100% on board with letting girls and homos in our troop. He let overbearing soccermoms who coddled their kids do whatever they wanted. He ignored shit like making sure kids actually came to the meeting in uniform. He made really inappropriate sexual jokes and gestures directed at kids and was way too eager to curse out kids who didn't listen to him. He let the standards for rank advancement and what it took to do an Eagle project slide real far. It got to the point where kids were getting Eagle after being on the troop for two years and then leaving. When I became SPL I tried to fix this but it was hard even being able to call out specific kids for being out of uniform at the announcements at the beginning of every meeting without meeting resistance from parents. The organization is in deep shit and I'm afraid that if it keeps going the way it is it will be a lost cause before too long.

Actually, the Scouts were the American version of Hitler Youth back in the day:

All white
Disciplined
Loved God and Country
Reinforced traditional white European values
Taught self reliance
Etc.. etc

I fear now that the kikes have gotten faggot scout masters in there it's become a hotbed of faggotry

I'm an Eagle, best time of my life. Great opportunities and get better as a leader. My troop was great but got out before BSA became faggy. Also OA Brotherhood, just saying.

>Oh sweden you never fail to give us all a good laugh at your expense
i refused to go to school for a year and a half until i was granted to change schools by the social services, who treated me like a trouble kid. the older guys were in a few classes above me and some of my classmates were also in the scouts.

i never told anyone so people thought i was just a bad kid skipping school. my parents too

:(

Uni is fine. Don't be a spaz and get your paper, if you want that.

That being said I fucking hated college and am looking into a trade myself. Never knew plumbers could live such good lives before talking to a few

Dude someone literally asked him how, so he responded

Cyprus, it's an odd country also here millitary here is laughable scouts taught me more about surviving that they did. Also i'll conside it.
And i thought sweden being a shitty place was a meme also needless to say don't be a pussy mate

>Also OA Brotherhood, just saying.

I only made it to Ordeal and kind of regret not going further. It seemed like the OA was one little pocket of the organization that was immune from all the BS that was going on in the org. at large.

I'm sorry for ya, I was ASPL and near the end of my time the younger kids were acting like perverts.

Independent plumbers make good money. Working for someone else, even if you have your Master license, you make jack squat

The OA is the elite, so much fun. Very secretive and sorta like the original scouts. Not hard to get into or rise to brotherhood but definitely can't be a sensitive snowflake either.

nice rare flag

Troop 695, Northern Virginia baby, anyone?

Used to, now the scouts is being transformed into something so unrecognizable. Perverts allowed, pretty large organization now but soon it might be a tenth of what it was.

Brotherhood OA here. Yes, the fellowships were SUPER fun. Also, our region fellowships are called Dixie Fellowship, and up until like 2001 or so, there was a Dixie flag on every patch.

That got too politically incorrect, so they quit that.

I pretty much gave up on the whole organization, it's infiltrated to the max now.

t. eagle scout

That's why Eagle Scouts like you need to get in and uncuck it.

>I was ASPL and near the end of my time the younger kids were acting like perverts.

I went back to visit my troop when I was back in my hometown a while ago. The younger brother of a scout who was in my age group is the SPL now. He is one of the few kids who isn't a first or second year scout who still goes to meetings and seems like he gives a shit. After he leaves I wouldn't be surprised if the troop falls apart. The kids at the meeting were all out of uniform and it was clear that the parents all try to run the show now. One lady especially who always gave off serious crazy vibes kept interrupting and speaking over the SPL while he tried to do announcements and was sitting like right behind him. This shit drives me up a wall.

good excuse to go camping and learn outdoorsmanship. its a worthwhile group if the leaders are based, a lot of troops are run by the beta autismo dads, though, which can and does kill the fun.

this cannot be overstated

It's going to have to be a movement, one or two lone Scouts voicing their opinions doesn't seem to mean much to the BSA. I still have hope.

scouts was weird. my troop always had at least one autist keeping shit annoying. i was real involved when i was in middle school, was spl when i was 13, and then stopped going camping bc i started playing football. i did my eagle project senior year out of guilt. the men involved were all good dudes, but some of them were pussies. i think boy scouts should stop when youre 15 and after that you can be an assistant scoutmaster if u still wanna be involved. my dad thought it was gay

>Very secretive and sorta like the original scouts.

Actually original OA was based on freemasonry. This caused enough of a stir in the 1930s that they actually had to re-do the entire OA to remove any references to Masonry/masonic ritual. OA stuff from per ~1935 is incredibly valued by collectors because very little of it is out there and a lot of it had some masonic imagery on it.

good job

Why? Scouts had an important job during the great war. Lord Batton Powell named the organization that becuase he wanted young men to learn skills he got in the war.

You mean Baden-Powell? I think you're confusing him with the Earl Mountbatten.

Ordeal is just glorified child labor

OoA is fucking pointless. One extra sash to wear around like a faggot.

t. brotherhood and never saw the point

Wow looking back at my troop, it was pretty good. Very strong leader dad of 2 Eagles as Scoutmaster. Some of the dads who were good outdoors and willing to help progressed the troop a lot. The moms only were in the backgrounds at meetings and getting home from campouts and stuff, only like 2 moms did behind the scenes stuff like keeping track of merit badges and communication between the local bsa organization.

I wanted to quit initially because I was in cub scouts since tiger but everything was great. Acted stupid when first and second year scout, put in place by older scouts by hazing, passed it on, good experience. I can't complain too much about my troop. Great experience.