China likely to have third aircraft carrier: Official media

BEIJING: China is expected to build a third aircraft carrier, official media said today even as the country constructs its second one at a rapid pace and its first carrier conducted live firing exercises in the disputed South China Sea.

"China may have third aircraft carrier battle groups," state-run People's Daily Online reported quoting military expert Liang Fang.

"At present, China's second aircraft carrier is under construction. In the near future, the Chinese navy ..

economictimes.indiatimes.com/articleshow/56383419.cms

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=lPdl3uxW3aI
shanghaiist.com/2016/08/08/straddling_bus_locked_up.php
shanghaiist.com
fortune.com/2016/12/10/chinese-straddling-bus-woes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>third
>only has one

open your eyes

>China has made it's most technologically advanced carrier ever
>actually capable of floating on its own
>has enough food for the equivalent of 5 U.S. Marines
>somehow manages to defy physics and use a pontoon structure to compete with single structure Enterprise and Gerald R. Ford
Pottery

I thought they technically had 2 but one was so shit they never deployed it so it's a "muh gommunism :DDDD" meme

The biggest obstacle for them is that they will have to learn to manage carrier task forces from the start, no one will show them. And they plan 4-6 task forces, to parry the US.

All of this will take another 20 years.

If just one of those structures gets hit at the water line they're fucked.

third aircraft carrier

Apparently chinks have outsmarted the sharts and their silly "square cube law"

jesus fuck that is the stupidest fucking thing I've ever seen

Concept arts? Shitty low rez one at that.

Can't they do something right?

is it made out of plastic?

Chinese 440 A Stainless Steel through and through, what could go wrong

South Korean Navy Air craft carrier as planned. South Korea is thinking of this seriously

Duh. Way more advanced than shitty american steel carriers. Everyone knows steel sinks and plastic floats

looks like something off red alert

bet it will still have a ramp

The machine shop i worked for try to use that to cut costs on a job we had. Long story short, the piece broke within 8 hours of being in service.

literally get some cardboard, twice as thick and it'll last 4 times as long

3rd and 4th is just experiment
5th and 6th Chinese Aircraftcarrier will be like US supercarrier

oh only 5 times to get it right. fucking hinkies

I am no expert at making ships but even I know this design is more prone to sinking from torpedoes.

>China is expected to build a third aircraft carrier
That's just the two they already have taped together.

Kek, I'll keep that in mind.

numba 1

Looks retarded but tbqh carriers dont need to be fancy they are just floating runways

>2016 + 7
>still using surface based vessels

huh

cute

imagine 30+ foot waves on those dinky little helipads close to the bottom

Also what took them so long? Here our third Aircraft carrier in design phase. Looks like time to plan a 4th one boys.

>>has enough food for the equivalent of 5 U.S. Marines
That's not something to be proud of

The weak spot is the small pontoon in the middle, concentrate your fire there for massive damage

If you can make it, we will buy.

that's cute chinks, maybe we'll give your a participation award

China isnt projectig force anywhere except around china

50,000 chinese peoples' rations is bretty neat
or just make a wave taller than 8 feet

Heh, I have same car. Made in South Korea btw

>120mm cannon in the middle
Why?

>carriers

what's the point

just use land launched ASMs and submarines you retarded chinks

>open your eyes

he can't

he's asian

The real weak point is the thin segment of deck that links the two halves together.

>If you can make it, we will buy.

how many do you want?

i want to torpedo that nigger

also

>that design

really shitty point defense. No overlapping fields of fire and a lot of blind spots for missiles.

Keked

>Floating shitting street

A catamaran aircraft carrier? WTF?

How many can you make? And don't put the toilet witches in them.

And you helping us make it since its nuclear powered.

info?

>tissue paper to wash butthole
>no bidet

>missile launcher next to the runway
>backblast of the missile knocks the parked planes off the side of the ship

I hope they build this, it will provide countless hours of entertainment

But...why? Surely someone noticed the uselessness of that gun.

power projection. the chinks are starting to have lots of coin invested overseas. in africa, the middle east etc. no can do in defending dat sheeit unless you can ship your planes n sheeit over.

Looks like the HMS Queen Elizabeth. Pretty sweet. Good job India. Now focus on reducing rape. That shit is embarrassing.

because guns look cool?

It's a remotely controlled by the Chinese Communist Party and can rotate 180 degrees to aim at the bridge.
ensures harmonious decision making

Fuck me it's real life Warship Gunner.

I am so OK with this.

>the street is even perforated
Does that help with the wiping?

is this now a naval ops thread

for drainage purpooses

>Japan isn't even allowed aircraft carriers
>has three
>China has one from Eastern Europe
Why are Chinese so shit at military?

IT'S A FUCKING RAMP

Yes.

Thanks mate.

>That shit is embarrassing.
I thought not pooing in loo was embarrassing.

Because Dragons are mythical creatures.

While renderings like those look nice, chances are the prototype will be made of re-purposed trash barges enshrouded with cheap fiberglass molds.

defo. indian ocean domination to ensure the spice flows through pakistan, burma and the future thai canal to europe.

It is now.

>Which nation has the best fleet, and why is it Germany?

>made in china

Whats wrong with a ramp? Didn't you play tony hawk when you were young?

guys, can you please explain me what's the point of aircraft carrier in XXI century?

I think (but I may be wrong) that China doesn't need carrier because with satellite imaging, drones and long range missiles all those clumsy ships can be obliterated in first few hours of war. They are only useful in asymmetric warfare like when you need mobile airstrip to bomb shit out of sandniggers in Libya.

It's just dickwaving. All great powers do it.

>Believing Chinese accomplishments
They are a paper dragon mate. They are projecting to US that they have big guns, they don't go to war with anyone because it will expose how shitty their Armed forces actually are and will leave them vulnerable.

It's a radical design, I'm surprsied no one has thought of it before, it allows the ability of doubling the number of runways for landing and is a more efficient use of space for ship based self defence weapons.

>SUPER DOUBLE-HAULED LANDING CRAFT "DUAL-CRATER" APPROACHING!

Our Catamarans are for only "Research" purposes only.

China is a paper dragon.

Look at how their bus turned out to be.

youtube.com/watch?v=lPdl3uxW3aI

shanghaiist.com/2016/08/08/straddling_bus_locked_up.php

the whole project shut down.

China does not have the technological ability, nor the military might to complete these projects.

it's two battleships stuck together by a big carpark on top of them

It allows them to project power. In the mid 90's the Chinese were getting uppity in regards to the status of Taiwan as an independent country and were deploying troops, aircraft and their inadequate Navy in positions where they could launch an attack across ths Taiwan Strait. So what does the US do?? It sends an aircraft carrier task force to sail right down the middle of thd Taiwan Strait to demonstrate that any invasion across the sea would bel met by the US Navy....the Chinese quickly backed down.

They're also corrupt as hell.
They steal from projects and shit all the time.

Is there a single reason to believe the Chinese military isn't a massive paper tiger?

>shanghaiist.com
This totaly looks like a legit news source.

It's not a battleship ffs, the issue with aircraft carrier design has always been how you design a structure that allows aircraft to take off and land without interrupting each other. The US Navy solved the problem by creating the angled flight deck allowing aircraft to land on a runway angled away from the deck.

It's vapourware but is cool looking.

NONE.
Their entire military history is a joke. They are so corrupt it literally effects their military prowess.

The US funded the KMT against the CPC after WWII and they fucking lost because of corruption.

Good point, although if it was so advatageous you would think that the US or some other military would have caught on to it by now and used the design. There must be some benefit-tradeoff involved in the design

Blockading china is easy as fuck, it does not have an open sea route to outside world.

Their major resources come and go from the countries which are hostile towards them. There are two lines that china works on. First it will try to push everyone out of south china, and the sea of japan because that's the immediate threat.

later it will try to push everyone out of Pacific.

Their corruption knows no bounds. If the USA was a little more careful with their state secrets the Chinese would have never got their hands on top tier technology.

even if they get their hands on the tech, they do not have the resources, and the technology to produce the high tech equipment.

fortune.com/2016/12/10/chinese-straddling-bus-woes/

There you go.

Pic related, flow of resources.

India, remember. Running water is a foreign concept to them.

surely it won't have any technical problems..

I read somewhere they didn't even have a joint command system until around 2007

>DAILY REMINDER THAT INDIA AND CHINA ARE BASICALLY USING THE SAME SHIP, BUT CALLING THEIR OWN ONE SUPERIOR THAN THE OTHER!

It'd make a nice change from sinking U.S. navy ships.

These are the choke points for China.

China does not have a good relationship with these countries, and that is why it is trying to bully them into submission.

China has Philippine access now, which is pretty close to getting them most of what they need in at least that region

cool dude, I remember our first carriers

kek

By 2020 China will rule the waves and also the stars with their superior military might because they have 5000 years of history.

>Implying we don't have missile launchers to bombard any ship coming out from there during a war.

>And you helping us make it since its nuclear powered.

... very nice. You can sit on top of the pile with us.

Aww, Thanks American user.

bullshit Britannia always rules the waves faggot

They can't do shit until they get Malaysia, and Indonesia, even Singapore. There is no route from Philippines that will bypass those other countries.

The second route is through sea of japan, and we're fairly certain Japan isn't going to give them anything.

Also, the only reason Philippines is going to China is because of the president, the moment he gets toppled a new pro US president will come.

Phillipinos are one of the most pro US people in the world.

In order to cut China's access to the sea even if one of these countries start to blockade then it's more than enough to cause a problem to China.

China has a perpetual problem of sea dominance. They are surrounded by hostile countries. It's not like USA where they are unrivaled.