Church

Why don't churches pay taxes?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Hospitals_affiliated_with_the_Roman_Catholic_Church
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Same reason charities don't. They engage in charitable work and operate as a non profit.

defending churches with (((charities))) isn't a good idea leaf.

try googling tax free + your country

That's the current legal reason though. Churches and religious institutions operate as non profit charities under the tax codes across most of the west.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Hospitals_affiliated_with_the_Roman_Catholic_Church

they operate in an antiquated way where they depend on support from the rich and parishioners.

support from the rich is given to modern charities, so now churches have to depend upon the support of parishioners alone. if they were taxed, then the churches based on this old economic model would for the most part close.

the real question is, do you want megachurches and even catholic megachurches to be the norm. this will be the result of churches being taxed.

over here, they receive taxes (only from members of either the Catholic or the protestant church)
wouldn't make much sense to have them immediately hand over that same money.
the reason apparently is that the German state confiscated a lot of the churches' wealth some time ago and that's their way to pay it back

They dont generate capital you fucking idiot. Taxes finance the churches.

As the leaf said, religious institutions and registered (((charities))) don't have to or if they do it's a nominal amount like 1%. Can you really see some (((synagogue))) or charity (((CEO))) paying tax?
Just imagine if the government taxed charities, there would be widespread outrage. What the goys don't understand though is 85-95% of any charitable donation is used to cover (((overheads))). So in reality they do pay tax it's just that they pay it to themselves.

>Current year +1
>Still thinking unaccountable currency flowing through rubbing hands isn't being fully creamed

Top fucking kek.

Because they're "charities"(they send a load of monet to "help" niggers and spics).

>taxing charities and non-profit organisations
ultimate shlomo

literally jews

it'd be to awkward to ask at this point and intolerant to exclude mosks and shit from the privilages the church gets

Need to start doing this with muslims. No more foreign funding.

So the government can influence their ideologies by threatening to remove tax exempt status.

TAXATION IS THEFT

Because if not the church Ireland would still be fucking filled with snakes and bears...

but that would be racist!
but I am honestly not sure how they are financed here

Because taxes could be a way for the government to influence the message churches.

Dont like the message? Raise the taxes until they fall in line.

If a church pays tax to the country, it should have some influence and say in what's done with the country. This is contrary to secularism most civilized countries practice.

>if not the church Ireland would still be fucking filled with snakes and bears...
What?

Churches are businesses that exploit fear for profit. They should have no more special status than any corporation, and they should have to lobby for their stupid ideas to leak into government and grease palms just like everyone else. If they have charitable arms, those arms should enjoy tax-free status, but they have to use impeccable bookkeeping, and cannot operate in secrecy anymore. Fairy tales don't lend credibility to exploitation in my eyes.

I'm saying church doesn't pay taxes here because church is the government.
Everything, from schools to hospitals was funded by the church.
Otherwise we still would be bunch of retards hunting deers for pelts and making druidic dancing around the fire...

Hahaha... ok
Let's agree to disagree that your alternative conclusion is wildly speculative and biased.

Without church, we may also be a thousand years more scientifically advanced, some of the most revolutionary science wouldn't continue to be squelched by religious "good intentions" and there would be no war in the middle east.

Taking advantage of civic services without compensation is theft.

Pedos like their safe havens.

I really don't like this Catholic Church = enemy of Science.

I don't want to argue and I've been through this topic so many times that genuinely I'm not bothered going at again.

Hope you understand!

A better question is why does an obvious cult like Scientology get church tax exempt status

because every single person going to the church - who the church collects revenue from - is already being taxed. taxing churches is a jewish plot to tax money from christian communities twice and anyone who supports it is a kikepuppet fedora tipping fag.

The Catholic Church is not only exempt from taxes, but also receive funds from the goverment, suck it atheist-lolbertarian faggots

So that the federal government can tell them they can't talk about politics or else they'll have to pay their taxes.