The New Zealand Navy Welcomes its first Sailor with a native Maori facial tattoo

The New Zealand Navy Welcomes its first Sailor with a native Maori facial tattoo.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tā_moko
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what a rich culture
amazing

And now that the floodgates are open, you are going to see every special snowflake that joins the military with face tats and ear expansors.

BANE???

I dunno it's kind of badass.
Can't even grow a proper mariner's beard in modern navies. Kind of neat to see a vestige of an ancient maritime tradition.

Hope he gets assigned to the HMNZS Pequod.

Hypnotize Clown Posse taking over new zealand

What's wrong with this Sup Forums? As I understand it, the tattoos come from a rich warrior based tradition yes? Representing the ancient ways of New Zealand?

If anything, it should add to the culture and mystique of the NZ navy. It's not like it's some rando SJW with "Die CIS Scum" tattooed to their forehead.

This

Why not?

That's his culture

>That's his culture
So he can wear a sheep's stretched arsehole as a mask too?

Navy?
Pump him full of roids, give him a belt-fed machine gun and put him in the army.
On the front line.
Let's see anyone fuck with that.

looks stupid as fuck, this is why you have a professional army. Wait US Marines are part of professional army... Fucking embarrassing.

This. Maori tats are not degenerate like Western tats. Maori are renowned warriors, so he's a good addition to the navy.

>NZ Navy

Calling a rubber dingy with a minigun attached to it a navy is not the right use of the word.

>Why not?
>That's his culture

His culture doesn't matter in the Navy. In the Navy it's the Navy's culture that matters.

Better than wearing a stinky rag in their heads.

holy shit familam this better be bait

Well the Navy allowed it, yes? So I guess it is part of the Navy's culture.

>New Zealand Navy

oh look, now you have a maori to sit in your dug out canoe with his carton of piss to throw the empties at approaching vessels.

This guy gets it

He looks like shit in a military uniform.
All I can think of is this guy.

I feel indigenous tattoos should be allowed if the person is well applied.

I'm ok with that. Those tattoos are his tradition, it's better than super mario or some stupid culture reference gay shit.

If he was a white dude with Meori facial tattoo's, that's totally beta cuck, go fuck yourself tier.

Literally nothing wrong with this. Good for him if he wantsto uphold the traditions and history of his people and show pride in them. Many western men could stand to learn from that example.

I'm actually surprised that this hasn't happened before though.

I don't care how big you are, that guy would fuck you up even before embracing the warrior bloodline, that's why he's in.

are there any tattoos that whites can get to show their culture
did whites have tats

I don't mind it because he is indigenous. He's not a foreigner attempting to elbow aside the national culture. In a way, the indigenous are part of the national culture of new world nations, whether we like it or not.

But I also see the point that the military is a type of necessary totalitarianism and they they should be allowed to dictate their own military culture on their service members.

I'm just not offended by it on a visceral level like when foreigners come and impose their third world bullshit on natives.

Maori and Polynesian tattoos are not some degenerate ego feeding co-opted meme where cunts thing they are tough cause they put pictures on themselves.

Maori tattoos have meaning and represent things in themselves. They can be a type of message that tells others who they are, where they are from, what their grandparents did and their grandparents before them. It can show exploits and achievements.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tā_moko

>Captain James Cook wrote in 1769:

The marks in general are spirals drawn with great nicety and even elegance. One side corresponds with the other. The marks on the body resemble foliage in old chased ornaments, convolutions of filigree work, but in these they have such a luxury of forms that of a hundred which at first appeared exactly the same no two were formed alike on close examination.

>want to board NZ vessel
>see this man on the deck
I would reconsider. Imagine how many people he's killed to earn each line on his face

If you are in the navy/army/jail/gang, you can get a tattoo if you represent something. Not just because you like pretty pictures.

Pretty much this, never seen pol complain about indigenous people who serve the modern incarnation of their nation in the armed forces, police, firefighters etc. Really makes you think...

vikings, celts and druids/britannic tribes/picts had face tattoo's

Yeah Celtic designs and such. Otzi the Iceman is one ancient fucker and he was covered in tattoos.

thats pretty metal

Ta Moko isn't a fucking trend mate. We know how to tell the difference between a rich and badass cutural tradition and a faggot with flesh tunnels.

Only if you have celtic ancestry

He's as kiwi as it gets, you don't fuck with a Maori that got his war tattoos because he's either a gang member or went all in on his bloodline.
That's the kind of guy where if you threw a grenade in his foxhole he would throw it back and suicide charge you through the smoke

If maoris are so badass why don't they have their own country

its a lesson in the dangers of unchecked immigration

>Yeah, just let the wooden horse in! whats the worst that could happen?
T. Every "Conservative" letting "liberals" aka commies do what the fuck they want.

Was waiting for someone to do this.

because their chiefs signed the treaty of waitangi

There was tattooing among the celtic/norse/germanic people

Most people know about celtic warpaint designs but not as many know that they would also sometimes tattoo these symbols as well.

Not as many people are aware of our history of it because our tribal past was a lot longer ago than the maori as one example

Because the British had to send the 1800's equivalent of the Iraq War troop deployment size to subdue them and had so many problems they found it easier to draft up a mutual treaty instead.

is there anything to read on these symbols
i don't want some poser meme tattoo, and it'd be nice to look into our culture for a change

Sup Forums supports all forms of nationalism

>doesn't look at flags
I have bad news for you, friend.

>New Zealand Navy

Fuck off retard

roman literature described vikings and celts as being covered from head to toe in "twisted trees and creatures"

>any culture, ever

>"rich"

> rich warrior based tradition

>So I guess it is part of the Navy's culture.

nope

what an insightful fucking post
this guy knows whats what

Why the fuck is he being wasted on the navy? Make him special forces or frontline infantry and watch as your enemy cowers cause they think you have bane or a predator in your army.

because they arent so badass

ITS MU CULTURE
!

>tfw my cousin is in the NZ navy

Our armed forces are a joke really. China could send its fleet and take the country in less then a week.

Only a couple weeks ago Israel was picking a fight with NZ. Now this? I dont think this is a coincidence. the Jews media is at work promoting cultural mixing in NZ now.

Say that to Tanes' face and see what happens

They realized the obvious superiority of their new British settlers and figured it was best to cut losses and make a treaty.

M8, the maori people and culture are already heavily mixed into modern NZ culture

You're really pissed off by tattoos aren't you?

Maybe it's a new world thing. Maybe you're right in that they're associated with these lot in the new world. Here in Europe, especially Britain tattoos are associated with squaddies, hardly hipsters.

The Picts, Brythons, Gaels, Vikings all had tattoo cultures. It's hardly a new thing.

appeal to violence

be serious

Nothing wrong with that whatsoever. Maoris are warriors, and they belong in New Zealand.

It's much better than what we have here...

>by tattoos

strawman

I thought Maoris and Abos were different? Aren't Maoris actually okay while Abos are the literal us humans?

Their single aircraft carrier purchased in the 90's?
Singapore and the Commonwealth would be able to hold them off till america arrived no problem

I like this. I have a lot of mythical/god stuff on me.

A Kraken, Cernunnos, an Orobourous and an arrow and a feather on the forearms because we all need to be basic sometimes.

kek checked

If you join the Navy there's a bunch if tattoos you can get if you been to see a fuckload of times that have meaning to them.

Used to know this massive Master Chief from New York whose upper body was just covered in Naval tattoos.

Tattoos and Navy go hand in hand really

Why didn't he just join the Maori navy?

That seems to be the gist of what he's pissed off with.

That and 'hipsters'. It's very cute. Grown men with jobs and priorities would brush these faggots aside rather than getting buttblasted.

Abos aren't human, Maori were at about the level of dark age germanic tribes when settlers arrived and had a functioning society with agriculture, husbandry and forts

jesus christ man learn to spell

COOK THE MAN SOME FUKKIN EGGS

I hope Trump annexes us to be honest.

This country is plagued by lefties.

>what is precedent
How retarded are you? no one is questioning your retarded natives canibal culture.

>letting savages in your navy
>ever

Thank you. Then there is literally no problems with this. It's an actual warrior culture that's trying to serve his nation in the modern day, not some abo getting a tattoo of a wheel on his face because he likes gasoline.

>Abos aren't human, Maori were at about the level of dark age germanic tribes when settlers arrived and had a functioning society with agriculture, husbandry and forts

Look at how rough the oceans are around New Zealand.

Got to give the Maoris props for being able to get to NZ in the first place. Boat people from Asia cant even get here today in modern vessels.

I'm actually going into the navy after med school, thanks

Urge to remove intensified

Why are you so angry friend? I feel it's a bit funny having a South American calling anything retarded or cannibalistic.

Savages are uncivilised regardless of tattoos. Retards are retards.

I'm assuming there are some large, good-looking tattooed guys who make you feel a bit insecure?

>trump annexes us
>20 years down the line a dem comes to power and makes us Hawaii 2.0
Please God no
We need to build up our navy and become self-sufficient again

That's the point, although if you see any white boy with Maori tattoos then you need to slap his shit because that's hipster bullshit

I-I know how t-to spell

It's great being at sea mane, you see some exotic shit

the leaf gets it

You probably have more right to this opinion than I do, being a Kiwi, but surely it's a nice, friendly thing for Kiwi whites to get Maori tattoos?

It's like when you do the haka, it's actual tangible integration and appreciation of each other's culture.

>abo getting a tattoo of a wheel
That would be appropriation since abos never invented the wheel

It is now.

that and that stupid hakka things, mang...

Maori's were only a few hundred years off reaching Australia and genociding the Aboriginals. White settlement saved them.

huh?

Hah, faggot.
Have fun handing out scopolamine patches all day. (Seriously, all my classmates that decided to serve navy post USUHS regret it).
At least in the army some dumb nigger is bound to blow his arm off sooner then later.

>I feel it's a bit funny having a South American calling anything retarded or cannibalistic.
We murdered all our natives, like every "white" civilization should have done, you fucking mongoloid.

Chakotay smiles upon thee

The haka builds brotherhood and friendship in a masculine way.

What would you prefer to build male companionship? Mutual buggering from your local priests?

For all of you who think this is impressive and ok because they were here first bear in mind that a small country wont be able to take the weight forever of an ever increasing group of watered down assimilated people demanding rights exceeding the countrys ability to absorb it. This is the latest in an ongoing drive towards separartism with no end.