Millennials

Why do millennials go hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt for worthless college degrees which offer them no useful job skills?

Other urls found in this thread:

latimesblogs.latimes.com/money_co/2011/08/college-gradutates-pay.html
youtube.com/watch?v=AifNlNOdpyQ&t=409s
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because they're morons.

They don't know any better and are (((following their dreams)))

They're plain dumb.

Also, they've been fed since birth the idea that they have to go to college and doing so will inevitably assure their success.

it's that newfangled GWBush maths

This, spend their parents money for a piece of paper from Professor Goldbergwitzstein, still ends up flipping burgers or starbucks. College is a meme. Save your shekels instead of pissing them away.

What are they suppose to do then? This isn't a shit post or a start to argument I just want to actually know.

Jews. We've covered this you smug bastard.
College is a (((status symbol))). Like any status symbol, there are plenty of people willing to buy who can't afford.

Because boomers fed them the lie that it was absolutely necessary to get anywhere int he world and the huge price tag would tooooootally be worth it even with a trash degree.

Is Lincoln Tech a good trade school? Asking for a friend.

Yeah and what then? Doing some crap factory work instead of burger flipping? Sure the pay is better but you are still miserable.

Trade schools are a scam too. Just go straight to apprenticeship and save 15k

As a Latvian you should know that if you are skilled in carpenting, plumbing or wiring electricity you can make a killing in the Scandinavian countries.
Same if you are a carmechanic.
You can still be miserable though as I was.

Because they're fucking retarded.

>americans
keke

Few get that kind of debt, usually THAT level of debt comes from debt financing a M.A., M.S., or professional degree like a J.D. The average college graduate who has debt (about 70% of graduating students nationally) has around $30,000.

Welder here. Don't fall for the Mike Rowe hype. It's mostly bullshit. Everyone wants Leonardo Fucking DaVinci for fast food wages.

I am in the top selection tier for a union apprenticeship where I eventually will make good money and have months of free time. But this is an exception to the rule and will be hell on the body.

Take some /adv/ from someone in the field. If you're considering the trades don't do welding, machining, or carpentry.

wanting to waste five years at the bottom

because they were lied to and they stopped supporting trade school paths in high school so kids didn't even know it existed

My dad died a very gruesome death on the job. He was exhausted because he had to work so much to provide for us and pay his debts. Very unjust.

Dying to make some rich Jew even richer, that's the American dream.

Yeah I know. I used to be a communist because of it but because of this board I took the natsoc redpill.

>studying political science and communications
>was berniebro
>now redpilled

what do, Sup Forums? I think about military, but my other option is law school.

Don't do the trade school route. My dad did that and ended up dead on the job. They had to identify him by his dental records it was that bad.

Explain user, let if off your chest.Closed casket? How did it affect you today, and your career path?

this is now an occupation thread

anons, what did you study in college?

accounting seems like a good career path

>fell for the law school meme, ~$200,000 in debt, can't find a job

FUCKING CHRIST DON'T DO IT, FELLAS

Because a college graduate will make nearly double in their lifetime what a non-college graduate makes. It's very basic math.

latimesblogs.latimes.com/money_co/2011/08/college-gradutates-pay.html

Not get a women's studies degree and get a degree that is actually useful and has a demand like STEM. Or even go to fucking trade school, literally anything else. They'd be better off saving up money at a mcjob than being hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt

He was overworked and exhausted by the zealous greed of owners of the business he wad working for. He was a machinist, working on a lathe. Tired, he dozed off on the job, tripped, got his shirt sleeve caught in the chuck, got dragged in and his head was crushed by the chuck. The chuck cut half way through his abdomen before some other coworker ran over and turned the machine off. Yeah, closed casket. It caused me lots of issues. Made me angry, depressed. I got addicted to opioids and dropped out of HS. Mom died. Now I'm a 23 year old loser living in a bachelor suite all alone working at a taco place.

....c-checked..?

Don't lump STEM degrees into that. I know plenty of classmates who graduated in good fields and are making 60-85k starting. It's mostly the (((liberal arts))) that fuck people over. Uni's were established back in the 11th century to educate people not to only make money. Not all fields are for making money. Idiots now think stem and (((the arts))) are the same and make the mistake of treating college as a path to $$$ but are surprised when it back fires. Not everyone can be a college graduate making $$$k a year. The economy needs plumbers, policemen, carpenters etc.

>Very unjust
Many such cases!

Yes. There are, sadly.

user, we are with you. Sorry to hear that your mom died as well. You must be filled with rage against the world. Opoids are a slippery slope, my biological dad overdosed on heroin a few years back. Did you get your HS degree? Are the tacos good? Ho?

seriously, join the military if you want to go to school. They paid for my degree and gave me a salary to go to school, and i have a secure job with full benefits and awesome experience for my resume when my service is complete.

Topkek 666 HAIL SATAN SMOKE BONGS
no job? explain, what law did you study/what uni?

man, sorry to hear that brother. please understand though, it's never too late to turn your life around. lifes not easy and everyone is out to get you. by your own willpower, you can break those chains of bondage and make something amazing of yourself. The powers at hand will it.

Am I going to pull connections out of my ass? College is only a waste for people who don't meet anyone. You will not get a job if you don't have someone to vouch for you. The piece of paper means dick, stem or otherwise

No. I'm banned from all HS in my city. What use is it to me at this point? The tacos are alright, I can't afford to eat them.

Thanks, but I think the book had been written for me. I don't see the point of life anymore.

Parents pushed them to do it. They made them believe that in order to have a career you need a college degree.

Archaeology.

30k a year base, with per diem and ot anywhere from 40-70k. Get to travel all over and often get paid to just hike all day and occasionally pick up an artifact. Fun job. I'm perfectly happy. I'm deep in dept due to my own financial stupidity, but I just paid off5k in credit cards.

The (((market))) is terrible if you don't want to defend or prosecute dindus or your grades aren't 3.5+, meaning biglaw is out.

The truth is I went to law school with one attitude and came out extremely disillusioned and cynical. Trying to find a job that isn't morally repugnant to me will be a longshot. In the meantime I'm biding my time and hunting for a better job.

Studied general law, no specialty. I did focus somewhat in bankruptcy though. Southeastern T25 school.

>uni's
Britfag proxyfag detected

Kys toothless scum

Aviation flight science

Now an airline pilot

I think that I am content because I intended to go in commie/lefty and can now go in with no moralfag shit. Why'd you come out cynical?

My undergrad grades right now are 3.88 but that won't matter. Why not prosecute dindus?

was 9/11 possible? could 19 arabs really overtake your plane? ever fuck the flight attendants?

Welfare queen faggot

You're no better than a Democrat

Yeah and anther 9/11 could easily happen. It's scary how many holes there are in airline security, even still....

Yeah, 2 of tbem so far. Almost had a 3some once

It's all about the university experience duuuude

Im not paying $100,000 to get a degree, im paying that money to smoke bongs with my bros in our dorm and protest against facists.

Prosecution actually interests me, I was too quick to lump that in with defense work.

Are you planning on law school? I came out cynical precisely because I went in with moralfag shit. That plus sheer greed and a useless liberal arts undergrad. Finding out how shit works is both a great motivator and a huge bummer.

Because they're told that if they don't have a degree they're useless.
You can guess (((who))) tells them that.

I find the notion that people are carrying debt like this around with virtually no hope of paying it off in the next two decades very unsettling.

This is a house in many places in the world. You literally would be in a better situation with a $200k home loan and an assistant manager job at McDonald's.

That is absolutely terrifying.

That's not terrifying. What happened to me is terrifying.

I like it.

I like knowing that I have little economic competition due to this and will probably will be far better off in the future. Feels good brah

goddamn, nice. that fucking estaban dude was able to sneak a gun through. ever think about.... just taking it down? having all those people on board lives in your hands? and were they babes?

fucking KEK that perfectly described me last year - bong rips, bernie activism, and the 'university experience'

>The truth is I went to law school with one attitude and came out extremely disillusioned and cynical. Trying to find a job that isn't morally repugnant to me will be a longshot. In the meantime I'm biding my time and hunting for a better job.

DOCUMENT
REVIEW

>That perfectly described me last year

What happened? Did you get redpilled since?

S-so I wasted my money on Graphic Design?

Would have done this in retrospect. I still wanna join even though I'm 32.

Yeah...
If it can be outsourced, it's going to be outsourced. If it can be automated, it's going to be automated.

are there universites in boliva or are you an expat? fill me in on your nation, i got this one bolivian dude who sells me weed at school.
I am in a tossup between law school and the military. Don't have to pay for college because when I was adopted my grandpops gave me 50,000 for college desu, and I'm an RA so it's even cheaper. Law is the basic foundation of the west, so I am interested in it/ its the only thing I can see myself doing with a Polisci degree besides working for greenpeace or someshit. what did you study in undergrad?
your right user please go an hero and kill trudea ... on a serious note you got this community at least, do you have friends/females?

True man, damn. All I can say is that your book is definitely NOT written.

I got a full ride and have a decent part time job and I'm 19. I'm doing okay but being in college is making me think how useless it all really is. My college and others too have a Harry Potter class for example and that really bothers me

Graphic design cant be automated m8.

Creative jobs are the only jobs safe from automation

Well I'm hanging myself.

This has always frightened me.
I knew it was a waste of time, there's no fucking way I'm getting a job after college.

A A A A A A A A A A A A H H H H H H H H H H H H H H H

Its easier for the airline pilots to take shit through. We don't go thru metal detectors, or body scanners, or even badge searches. We walk in to something called KCM, which is just a guy at a desk, and we can our IDs and we pass right thru to the airport. Literally nothing is searched, at all. Nothing. I'll leave your imagination to it.

Nah, man. I'm not suicidal or a terrorist. I love my job and I love protecting the safety of my passengers. It boosts your ego.

1 was a milf, the other was a leftist and she was meh...the milf was hot, though. Almost had a 3some with the liberal and a nig. No shame

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

It can be outsourced, though. Also, creative jobs can be automated, check out a program called Quill. It writes articles.

Bag* searches

How isn't it? I have no hope

Underrated post and checked.

Change your attitude, family. Sup Forums is an echo chamber of failures, don't get lost in the negativity vortex. Fix your shit and you can get a job.

Fake shit. No one shits thag much, not even a man

I don't see why people go to college to get a degree if it's thousands of dollars. Might as well get a mortgage on a house if you get approved for it since that's the goal anyways right?

>all these tards that couldn't make it into college trying to act superior by winning pretend arguements in their echochamber thread

If you were really as smart as you're trying to convince yourself you are, you would have gotten that engineering/medical/business degree and gotten a real job instead of shitposting all day.

English Lit.
I've actually thought that joining military before law school would have been a good thing. Some time to mature a bit, harden myself. Plus every ex-military I met during law school has been wildly successful post-JD. Just an anecdote though.

Too many are emotional ideologues to the point of being slaves without the ability to really think about their decisions as long as it feels good and looks like they care.

well, yeah, I think that deep down it was all virtue signaling bullshit looking back. this and the fact that the modern incarnation of the young left, the SJWs, is just repugnant to me. I don't care if you are an anorexic, frizzy hair transexual POC. It's really the identity politics stuff. I don't think a social safety net is bad but I have realized how race impacts us - how a lot of black people are more violent and less educated, which is partial history BUT more so an individual's work ethic. for instance, my black roommate is studying to be an engineer. he will be productive for society. the jewish shit opened up my eyes too. obviously it's not your average goldberg and I have Jewish friends, but you can't NOT connect the dots with isreal. still pro-Palestine though, having studied middle east history desu

so all in all, I swallowed the redpill and can't go back. the right makes more sense for society as a whole but as i am not pure white (somewhere I caught the brown in my family, but I am the only one) i am not an ethnonationalist.

check out doing police work, my dad went through training at 39 desu

where do you work?

Good to hear man, you're doing good work. Good to hear you're fucking the brains out of leftists.

good anecdote, i'll sit on it. military will straigten me out

IF this thread is down for a good laugh, this is me at the DNC arguing about politics. This video will exist FOREVER
youtube.com/watch?v=AifNlNOdpyQ&t=409s

Yeah, see my trade school is only 2 years and like 6 grand. I'd rather that and come out making 70 thousand a year at the end of it instead of pis sing away half a decade as someone's gopher.

Because they have been told for years that if they just follow their dreams and do what they love only the best things in the world will happen when in reality they pick something retarded that doesn't give them any money

>tfw got a trade in a niche field
>made just over $80,000 last year, first year out
>work my own hours, no idiots to answer to
>mates that went to uni had to go through endless recruitment processes to get into a grad program that pays shit all with fucked hours
>i spend my days cruising around fixing things, charging a shit ton cause most people have NFI how things work

That is one healthy shit. Look at the texture

> college grads run the world
> inb4 hurr durr Bill Gates
> politicans, Journalists, Bankers, 90% for Fortune 500 owners
> not getting a college degree while it's still worth something
> degenerate
> outliers
> Trade school kids who work their way up