A Slow, painful happening

Can someone explain to me how a Giant famine could theoretically happen again? I mean like a REALLY big one where america loses 1/3 population, and china or india losing 500 million

Famine would be cool, I would became thin and thin would became cold.

Communism

Massive powergrid failure

America has too much arable land. The only things that could cause a food crisis that bad would already devastate the population anyways.

The arms of farmers turn to snakes with independent will.

Also, massive solar flares, that yellowstone volcano going off, or nuclear war.

Plant disease is a major one.

Regardless of what you think about the whole MUH GLOBAL WARMING MUH CLIMATE CHANGE it comes down to the fact we clear a lot fo land, we have changed the environment around us.

Our whole system is rather fragile to the forces of nature, so if the conditions are just right we could have a bunch of diseases wipe out our food crops or a pest that we cant control with convential measures.

Even if it only took 2-3 years to find a solution we would have a huge famine in the process. the first worlds would probably be alright but it would hit developing and third world countries hard.

This.

This. An EMP would fuck logistics all to hell and there's not enough food to meet current demand for more than a week. Not at the grocery stores mind you, but at the actual warehouses that supply the grocery stores.

Shit would go Mad Max pretty quick if the lights go out for a long time in too many places.

Beat me to it, user.

It would really take a lot to starve America. I've already got 100 extra pounds, and that would just put me at normal weight. I was hoping to lose it by eating lots of fish, but a famine is fine, too.

if /leftypol/ ever got into power, most of us would starve for a certainty

>Can someone explain to me how a Giant famine could theoretically happen again?

Read the book One Second After. It's fantastic.

It's virtually impossible because north america produces an insane surplus which we dump into the 3rd world. We could theoretically have some kind of crop loss to a weird wheat disease or corn disease, but unless we're talking about those being completely wiped out we'd likely be fine. We'd just cut our shipments to Africa, resulting in the deaths of millions of Africans. The prices of carbs in north america would also spike.

True communism has never been tried you autist.

In 100 years people will use "No true Commie" instead of no true Scotsman.

>Can someone explain to me how a Giant famine could theoretically happen again?
Jews

I guess it could happen when we run out of oil in 30 to 60 years.
>t. pseudoscientist with a Bachelor's degree in astrology and a minor in astral projection.

The ageing white population can no longer provide every need to negroid hordes.

Negroid hordes riot then die of starvation within 3 months.

ALL YOU NEED IS

SINK
THE
CHINKS

Wide spread failure of GMOs. Without GMOs being abundant ad effective supporting the current world population is untenable

Midwest uprising.

Starve the urbanites.

When Moloch and Baphomet are dead. We already memed enough to destroy Moloch, his star fell out of the sky last night. Baphomet (god of cannibals) must be next.

Nah. It would only affect shithole countries, unless it's caused by the aftermath of an even greater shitstorm.

anti-vaxxers

Topsoil erosion. It's actually real, dangerous, a certain risk and for some reason it's been completely swept under the rug by the MSM that so loves to talk about muh global warming

Something like this, all the city retards try and start a civil war and all the conservatives just seige them and stop selling them food until they all starve.