Just think about it for two seconds you idiot

Just think about it for two seconds you idiot

NASAfags claim the hubble and ISS are operating in 2500C space

fucking steel would be molten and yet somehow they say there are some people in a tin can up there

spaceplace.nasa.gov/thermosphere/en/

>muh gas molecules

So only gas molecules can absorb the suns radiation? Metal does not?

Other urls found in this thread:

nasa.gov/centers/glenn/about/fs06grc.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_radiation
youtu.be/_pauQitNEM0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Space is a lie.

that is actually interesting, and actually made me think. I mean they say there are practically no gas molecules, but how come the metal doesn't heat up?

>just going for a walk in 2000C thermosphere without my visor down facing the sun

I guess the gas molecules inside a space suit can't absorb solar radiation either

Irrelevant. The Sun isn't what you think it is. It's only 3000km away from the Earth's flat surface.

I am a big guy

Real talk

Shouldn't the sun blasting this guy in the face with no atmosphere and no protective visor be melting his skin and destroying his eyes?

Am I crazy?

But how come asteroids are not melted up there? Are they made from a super secret material the DARPA is hiding from us? How do they bring that material back on Earth?
They're big asteroids.

To heat things up you need energy, in a vacuum there is almost no energy to be added

My neurons are really firing

This

There may be actual temperature, but since its in a vacuum, it's almost all dissipated

So how can a gas molecule be warmed to 2500c but a guy in a space suit taking direct solar radiation to the face is fine?

>What is radiative cooling
I know you're retarded, but come on

It really gets the noggin joggin'.

His visor is shielded. It's made of the same stuff welders use to protect their eyes. It's also not direct, they are still protected by the magnetic field to a certain degree

they're basically big rocks, they aren't super thermally conductive

They also didn't have technology to combat the radiation of earths outer atmosphere in the 60s. Space is but another "science falsely so called" to distract you from what's important and deter youth from faith in God.

No you're following the logic they told you and it doesn't even add up.

>they say there are some people in a tin can up there

They wear helmets an shit.

Just die already.

Because there are so few molecules nigger
Sup Forums needs to leave science alone

lol this thread

Are you guys like russian or something?

sage

bs, they have to pull down the welding visor manually as seen here

Nukes are exaggerated too

Goyim still believe the holocaust is 100% true though TOP KEK

(((molecules)))

but there are a lot of molecules in the ISS

Why is it not 2500C?

Yeah, the atmosphere is 2500C up there. However, not much heat is transferred since there's so few molecules at that altitude. Temperature refers to the average energy per-particle, whereas heat refers to a quantity within a system.

The density of the atmosphere lowers as you go further away from earth thanks to the obvious ways that gravity works, until it's eventually a practical vacuum

Please stop talking about science when all you know about is from shitty high school.

In the pics where they are using the clear visor, the sun is low over the horizon of earth, shining through the atmosphere.

>In a vacuum there is almost no energy

Then how exactly does rocket propulsion work in space if there is no energy to counter the thrust? I've wondered this for a while, because theoretically, rocket propulsion shouldn't be able to work in a vacuum considering it has nothing to propel against or to counter it's propulsion (no reaction).

temperature = particle velocity

next to zero particles = next to zero heat

If you can't figure it out, blame the reptilians.

Underrated

Solar panels on the ISS in the thermosphere absorb solar radiation

Gas in the thermosphere is heated to ~2000C by absorbing solar radiation

Silicon melts at ~1400C

Somehow the solar panels don't melt

Explain that

You might actually be retarded. For ever action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. The thrust doesn't need to 'counter' any energy or push on anything to generate because applying force to something (in this case, expelling force through the engines) pushes the craft in an equal and opposite manner, i.e. forward

Space doesn't transfer heat that well as there's no atmosphere

Basic insulation is enough

It's the same science behind vacuum flasks

So this means you have it figured out? Let's hear it?

>what is a tangent line

Get in a car. Get the car moving to 60mph. Drop a ball while the car is moving. Does the ball fly toward toward the back of the car at 60mph when you let go?

Its pushibg against the spaceship. Rocket pushes gas one way - space ship goes the other.

It's hard to comprehend how stupid this is.

there are a lot of gas molecules actually, that's why satellites in LEO have to boost their orbits up occasionally to counteract drag. there's videos on the internet of the ISS doing it.

insulation is a major help here, in orbit you'll experience temperatures from -100C to 100C with little to no matter to convect into, so you need to insulate everything.

you're bringing up an oxidizer and a fuel, you're combining the two and combusting them, then you're giving the gas that results a pathway to leave your vessel. how would that not work? for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. this was solved hundreds of years ago.

visible light is basically unaffected by the earth's atmosphere, so if you can go outside on a sunny day you'll know how astronauts in space feel. the real danger comes from other electromagnetic radiation that the astronauts aren't protected from, but even that doesn't bake you instantly.

>Solar panels on the ISS in the thermosphere absorb solar radiation

absorb isn't correct, most of the energy isn't actually taken on, and most of what is taken on is turned into waste heat and is dealt with via the station's active cooling system.

>Gas in the thermosphere is heated to ~2000C by absorbing solar radiation

and it's very sparse, and insulation is amazing in the aerospace sector.

reminder the more you spread this garbage the more truly idiotic people will come on this site

"The process of collecting sunlight, converting it to electricity and managing and distributing this electricity builds up excess heat that can damage spacecraft equipment. This heat must be eliminated for reliable operation of the space station in orbit. The station's power system uses radiators to direct the heat away from the spacecraft. The radiators are shaded from sunlight and aligned toward the cold void of deep space."

nasa.gov/centers/glenn/about/fs06grc.html

ITT people who failed high school science

that's not how rocket propulsion works

in a soda bottle rocket, where is the thrust being applied? Not through the stream of fizz out the back and onto the ground/air. Rather the thrust is applied to the pressurized inside of the bottle. That the bottom of the bottle has a hole in it allows a portion of the pressurized gas to fall out, so the pressure of the gas is pushing out on the bottle in perfect symmetric balance along all axes save vertical, where there is no pressure on the bottom, all of the "push" is on the top of the bottle, so it moves up.

Rocketry does not require atmosphere.

>radiators

>in a vacuum

Have you never used a thermos?

(((science)))

That shit falls apart once you apply some logic to it.

>visible light is basically unaffected by the earth's atmosphere

BS it's 1300W/m in thermosphere and ~100W/m on the surface

It's 13x stronger where he is

Well memed my sir

>insulation is amazing in the aerospace sector

and yet you claim the ISS is cooling itself with radiators

>thing that happens on every planet in nature doesn't happen in nature

Holy crap user.

Replicate it in a lab.

>there are other planets

why is /x/ here???

pic related.

user, NASA is not launching bricks of heat shielding into space. the station circulates ammonia through the station and dumps waste heat via radiators. the ISS is not flying in a true vacuum, there's shit to convect to, it just takes time.

this is some good bait.

>make a lab that can contain something so massive that gas molecules will be held by gravity to disprove my shitty meme

>dumps waste heat via radiators. the ISS is not flying in a true vacuum, there's shit to convect to, it just takes time.

The gas molecules in the thermosphere are 2500C

How is the ISS dumping heat into 2500C gas?

Wouldn't the gas be heating up the ISS radiators into molten slag instead?

thermal radiation causes the heat to dissipate which can be used in a vacuum.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermal_radiation

you're just being purposefully stupid. shit's been explained to you 20 different times and you keep omitting facts to keep this thread going.

a true faggot.. shit's off-topic anyhow and belongs in /x/

Explain how the gas molecules stay at 2000-2500C when the sun is hitting them but the ISS molecules do not

Oh fug. How does this work if the temp is so high and that molecules are supposedly so diffuse they don't touch the spacecraft much? I'm so confused.

Water vapor is an annoying gas to deal with in ultra high vacuum experiments. I don't get what this is trying to convey

You NASAfags haven't explained shit other than implying somehow the atoms that make up the ISS magically do not absorb solar radiation because it's in a vacuum

While also implying because it's not in a vacuum the solar panels can cool them selves by using radiators to dump heat into the already 2500C thermosphere

Heat and temperature are two different things

Because they are few particules you dumbfuck. They are just "energized" to 2500C.

The corona of the sun is like a billion degrees but if I teleported you there you'd freeze to death.

True story.

>Being this goy

>obvious fish eye lens

try again

>b-b-b-but science says this so it must be true
>gravity is magic
>e-e-earth is pear shaped

Like we haven't been lied to before.
I kinda feel sorry for all those science students who devote their whole life to science-fiction without them even knowing it

>moon surface temperature in sunlight

>melting point of rubber used to make moon boots

really thinking now

They were constantly lifting their feet though. You can't walk without lifting your feet.

How do flat earther peeps explain tides? Fascinating.

wow! there is no way this could be fake.

Shifting waters above and below the Firmament.

Kind of cool.

yfw Sup Forums has gone so deep into the pit of occult there are legit flatearthers here now

These people think wrestling is real.

>2500C
Burger education.
Why is it so shit?

youtu.be/_pauQitNEM0

That's a real temperature, maybe you'd know that if Switzerland's only interests weren't muh guns and muh mountains