This is it boys, this is how we make Australia a Superpower

This is it boys, this is how we make Australia a Superpower

abc.net.au/science/articles/2000/10/20/201207.htm
baka.com.au/world/the-uaes-next-megaproject-may-be-a-mountain-20160502-gokirs.html

>"Australia has roughly the same land area as the USA (excluding Alaska) - and yet the USA is fabulously wealthy, and Oz is not. But at least one person thinks that we can fix this by building a mountain, several thousand kilometres long, along the border that Western Australia has with South Australia and the Northern Territory.

The reasoning is simple. Clouds will form as the air is forced to climb over this artificial mountain - and the clouds and the turbulent weather created by the mountain will give rain, which should make the deserts bloom. The fertile land would lead to a vastly-increased population, which would soon make Australia fabulously wealthy."

So that's it, we simply shift some Earth and we become a Superpower to Rival the US, then we can annex New Zealand to make up for Alaska.

Other urls found in this thread:

io9.gizmodo.com/the-absolute-worst-way-to-die-in-the-wild-is-death-by-c-638534080
icsm.gov.au/mapping/images/10M_Australia.bmp
ted.com/talks/allan_savory_how_to_green_the_world_s_deserts_and_reverse_climate_change
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

replace baka with 's.m.h' (remove the full stops)

Sup Forums replaces s m h with baka

I think they mean
>The fertile land would lead to a vastly-increased immigration intake
Aside from that, I think that'd have extremely negative effects on weather patterns around the rest of the world mate.
>inb4 i don't care about the rest of the world
how many reffos would that make? we'd be 'obliged' to take them in.

"Let's just build a fucking mountain range"

People still seriously think this is a logical idea?

>create more rainfall through artificially seeded clouds
CHEMTRAILS ARE REAL

>October 20, 2000

Have they consulted the emus about this mountain? Will they approve of it?

UAE does.

No ones stopping us from ignoring them,

And?

US already feels threatened

K E K

Look i'm down on one condition.. That we populate those regions from our own genetic stock.... And that wont ever happen they will import africa into these fertile zones.. Id prefer a literal arid desert than african village in australia.

that would be cool

>Look i'm down on one condition.. That we populate those regions from our own genetic stock....

Who said otherwise

>we can annex New Zealand to make up for Alaska.

Man, the obsession with annexation is so puzzling. We'll be happy to sell you our sheep for a reasonable price, and we'll even pretend to believe you when you say you want to eat them so you can shag them in peace. It's fine.

Delete this

Fuck off we're full.

Also mountains are shit.

They would flood the country with more fucking immigrants. Colonizing Australia would have to be a slow process, coupled with policies promising monetary benefits to mid-high income people having children. All that after deporting the vast majority of non-whites.

OP, the idea of creating any appreciable mountain by moving dirt/rock is absurd. The time and resources of this literal "Global scale endeavor requiring all of Humanities assistance" - would be better spent on a Space Elevator or something of that sort - and not to slightly increase Australia's rainfail.

What happens when you are halfway through and we've discovered a new technology or method to do exactly what you're trying to do in just a few months without burning the last drop of fossil fuels over 500 years of earth moving?

Also you need more than rain to make fertile land.

>aussies plan to implement a shitpost into reality to become a super power

Well with how distorted this timeline is, I believe it can be done.

So does everybody in Australia live on the outer green parts? Looks comfy there desu but looks a right hot shithole in the middle. Is all the orange uninhabitable or just unpleasant enough that the only people who live there are abbos but maybe that's why its seen as unpleasant.

Does Tasmania have abbos?

Gas the birds emu war 2 now!

>mountains are shit

poof

>would be better spent on a Space Elevator or something of that sort - and not to slightly increase Australia's rainfail.
haha nice try hamburger, we are becoming a superpower

Yes, Yes, We Killed them all

>Australia becomes superpower
>We actually have a chance against China
>We become the Neo British Empire once again
>Invade New Zealand

I'm loving this.

However we have another problem tho:
>We lack the Manpower

We've got a population of like ~24 million right?
Meanwhile, the United States has over 300 fucking million.

However, you gotta remove half aswell to accommodate for useless fucking women that barely work in those type of jobs at all

We now have ~12 million
Now we have to accomadate for Old people and Kids (roughly 5 million)

We now ONLY have 7 million people left to work with to create our "superpower"

I prefer the idea of creating a river that will fill the salt lakes in South Australia. It's actually possible to create a LOT more arable land in Australia, but it will take some effort

ill beat you up if you annex us mate

I love the global pyramid scheme of economics, more people = more tax$.

Some people live in alice springs, which is right in the middle. But it's mostly abos.

That's about as retarded as the desalination and irrigation scheme.

How can Australia become a superpower if it cant build and develop major cities in the outback?

Too much wasted land on the continent

>aus would be superpower if abos weren't so retarded

>We lack the Manpower

Men, why not machines? We already have Autonomous mining dump trucks.

Is that Greenland?

Yes

considering the cost of making a 2000km+ long mountain, it might be cheaper to just terraform mars and call it Australia 2. Bonus: no emus

STRAYA CONFIRMED FOR TERRAFORMING PIONEERS

Just remember to call Todd if there's a big fuck-up.

Wouldn't any man made mountain erode extremely quickly?

You faggots will never annex us.

would have to be incredibly wide or covered completely with wire mesh to hold it all in

Terraforming the desert is as simple as planting a green wall, but you'd effectively wipe out the habits of a huge number of flora and fauna.

It would never get approval unless the coasts became uninhabitable.

Fun Fact:
Australia can sign a document forcing New Zealand into the federation without a refferendum

>Terraforming the desert is as simple as planting a green wall, but you'd effectively wipe out the habits of a huge number of flora and fauna.
Yes, but they were already trying to wipe you out anyhow.

Yeah fuck it, build a mountain.
If it doesn't work at least it will be cool to look at

Plant grass and shrubs and trees. The roots would hold it all together. We could also make it out of steel. Maybe it could be a massive city complex in and of itself, an air base or scientific study area.

If all of Australia became livable, China would invade instantly, or Indonesia

JUST

Is this true?

Ew no

emus look fucking terrifying

>make it out of steel
why not just sell that steel and live fabulously rich for an eternity? or not spend the trillions and not be in debt trying to pay it off with corn crops

Sounds like a neat idea OP, I would be down for something like that. Even if it doesn't work, it be cool to have a new mountain.

>Ew no

What? How is that gross, are you a bleeder?

Yes

I've been on a mine site where one of those dump trucks when mental and started running over shit such as Utes, gen sets etc. got nicknamed Christine and we decided to not automate dump trucks.

We can dig it out of the ground if we re-started our steel industry. How could we be in debt if we dug it out of our own country and made it ourselves?

And that's so-called spring time.
This is summer.

The emu isn't even the meanest bird in Straya. It's probably only fourth or fifth.

io9.gizmodo.com/the-absolute-worst-way-to-die-in-the-wild-is-death-by-c-638534080

Did abos turn it into desert?

Get rid of your stupid gun shit and I'd gladly come and help colonize the newly habitable lands of Australia.

the toenailhead ballchinian doesn't look as deadeyed as that emu above

People don't work for free. Unless you plan on building this all on slave labor

The problem with building a mountain range is that it depends on the way that the wind blows and it also makes one side really lush and green and the other a barren wasteland.

Look at the mountain range in California or the Andes in South America.

It would be a shitshow figuring out where we would put the mountains, it would cost a lot of money and it would not neccesarily fix a bunch of stuff,.

Honestly I think that it could potentially be cheaper just to build a bunch of solar/nuclear powered desalination plants and create a bunch of aforrestation and reforrestation projects.

Yes.
One of their traditional hunting methods was to burn down the forest and catch what animals ran out.
This is not a joke.

On internet it is.

Yes and they killed loads of megafauna.

B-but muh spiritual native people amirite?

Jews

This was common all over the world before the start of agricultural societies. It was popular in South America too.

Create an inland sea, it will improve the climate and would be only cost 10 Panama canals.

The fuck was that thing even?

A giant wombat basically.

you mean it was just common in south america too. australia is the only place that is mostly desert thanks to these practices. more advanced races learned extremely early on how to make clearings to lure prey, encircle then slaughter.

We don't know if the megafauna were killed due to the appearance of people or if they were killed because of the changing climate (ice ages).

They don't live in mountains, they live in flat planes, so they are pushing for this.

This entire continent is just some bizarre collection of shit God came up with when he was blackout drunk.

>was
they still do this, actually. they'll set fire to several acres of land then catch a couple of passed out iguanas

ski resrts
hockey ring, a national hockey team
pickled mushroom, ionion , cabbage, beetroot suop, carrot, peppers, and of cause cucumbers
8 monthns of winter
outlawing beastiality/insists and istead emrabsing the tradition familty untit

bseides that you guys are just fine

>Superpower.

>Can't even beat Emus.

>Lost the Emu war.

Superpower?

Not as long as Emus are around.

And that is why God stopped drinking everclear.

This Hunting practices changed very early as well as the advent of agriculture.
Alterations in hunting methods can be seen with things like the onset of the clovis point.

So at one with nature!

So a great earthworks and construction project?
if we do that, build our own Nuclear Power Stations, some large scale solar farms, Nuke Melbourne into glass and begin importing Right wing whites from the fall of Europe we might pull it off. So long as China don't just buy us first.

>Americans think they could actually survive a war with even a single emu.

Well these sorts of things started dying out really quickly after abos showed up and burned everything, despite surviving multiple ice ages in the past.
(((Pure coincidence)))

>baka.com.au

fucking aussie weebs

>baka.com

Smh desu senpai

Fuckin try to annex me you emu fuckboi

Imagine if these were still around during the emu wars.

>Yes it was fucking paradise (with some pretty nasty large predators) before those fuckin idiots showed up.

sydney morning herald is abbreviated as baka unfortunately so moots faggot robot fucks it up

Chocobos, fuck yeah!

they are more closely related to swamphens

>you'll never witness a horde of burger pulling out their CCW and shooting each other over who gets to BBQ the giant bird

Most of Continental North America is arable (farmable) land, essentially making U.S. one giant bread basket and is able to support their large population, Australia however is mostly desert, with only some green areas around the south west and south east.

Big difference.

Unless we start mass producing Nuclear Molten Salt reactors and start mass desalinating ocean water to make more land arable, trying to make Australia a Super power on par with the U.S. is a pipe dream.

>build a mountain
There is almost always a large desert on one side of a mountain, and a wet rainy side. Chile, American west, etc

icsm.gov.au/mapping/images/10M_Australia.bmp
looking at their topography, it looks like they just need to level the 'mountain' on the east coast/Sydney which appears to get really good rainfall. Move the material over to the west coat/Perth side.

After the 500 years that would take, they'll have a Rain Forest.

I would baste the everloving SHIT out of that bird, leaf, let me tell you.

>he thinks the Manhattan Project was about nukes
>not a cover for anti-emu technology

> pipe dream

go back to what ever news site you came from

>imagine chicken wings on those bastards

Honestly mates I live in Western Australia and it would be paradise on Earth if we had the mountains of Colorado or Switzerland, the dry flat desert scenery is what kills this place for me

>Acting like the Emu War never happened.

Come on, Aussie bro.

Lost to fucking EMUS.

As if that wasn't enough, Australia has a second hidden MONSTROSITY that lies dormant:

The Abos.

The moment the Abos decide to take back their land, it's over.

Search your feelings. you know this to be true.

This makes me believe the only way a mountain could work is by shielding the south from the heat.

This is a desert land where the sun beats down.

>fake mountain range
Hmm

My issue with flooding the inland lakes is that if we do it without building a canal, say extreme cloud seeding the area, then there's a distant chance the lake won't be so salty.

I believe they're already doing wide scale cloud seeding, sometimes you see stripes of clouds in our weather radar.

Anyway, whatever water shedding you can create is useless unless you get something to grow there. This is why you need a special form of cattle herding:
ted.com/talks/allan_savory_how_to_green_the_world_s_deserts_and_reverse_climate_change

With that being in mind, cattle herding is a common cause of desertification.

Who said otherwise about a jewish private banking cartel but still