Russian Hacking

Okay so let me do you faggots a favour and redpill you on why this Russian hacking epidemic is complete bullshit and why it's all propaganda.
Let's start from the beginning, with the CIA report on the hacking.
dni.gov/files/documents/ICA_2017_01.pdf
When you control F the word hacking you see that they mention the word hacking a grand total of zero times. Weird, right?

Other urls found in this thread:

theintercept.com/2016/08/03/citizens-united-foreign-money-us-elections/
google.com/search?q=putin rothschild&oq=putin r&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j0j69i57j0l3.2639j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
reddit.com/r/politics/comments/5mrrsj/britanon_dismantles_cias_evidence_of_russian_hacks/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

But okay, let's read the document properly - in a 35 page document supposedly about 'Russian hacking' the only bits relevant to ACTUAL computer hacking cover a grand total of less than 2 pages. This page and a bit of the one before.

Fine, whatever, let's ignore the rest of the document for a second, we'll get back to it. After reading the important bits something pops out immediately - Guccifer 2.0 - he is the Russian Hacker! So, that's great, and quite damning, I mean the CIA knows who did it so all they have to do is trace where they are from.
Except, hang on, a second, the only piece of evidence in the ACTUAL CIA report pointing to him being Russian is the fact he claimed to be Romanian? Other than that it's just them saying 'Yeah, he's probably Russian.'

I was wondering what actual data there was supporting this retarded meme.

So, okay, fine, maybe the (for some reason) the information about how they know he's Russian needs to be classified - but wait I remember seeing articles saying that had Identified the Russian Hackers! And that this information was passed on the NBC. Trump even tweeted about it.

Boom, wow, right there, top left corner - we not only know were they Russian, but we know which Russians did it. So I guess I look pretty silly right now. Well, just for bants lets click on the actual article.

Hmm, that's funny, the headline the changed.

And then when you read the article, you find this gem of a statement.
Basically, we went from 'US has ID'd Russian Hackers' to 'We hacked some Russians back, saw a few texts saying 'yay, trump won' and so yeah they're probably the hackers right?. I'm so good at this CIA, stuff aren't I?'
Journalism at it's finest.

Bump.

Good work OP. You're not really a faggot.

Love your work OP you glorious faggot

But it boils down to this for me.

What was hacked? Emails that HRC shouldnt have been sending via private server?

Where the emails fake?
No?

Non issue. I dont give a damn who hacked them. They should never have been there in the first place and that was HRC fault.

But wait, didn't a 'bunch' of cyber-security experts come out to say that yeah it was in fact Russian hacking? So I did some digging on that.
Turns out there is a Guccifer 2.0 Wikipedia page with a surprising amount of information, convenient.
Hmm, okay, so already not very convincing, one of the most 'damning' pieces of evidence is that he uses a Russian VPN? Okay let's just keep reading...

Forgot pic.

Now, real quick lets take a look at the sources of this article, they'll become important in a second.
You can see Wired, Ars Technica, and a few other places, but remember those two.

Bump!!!

Back to the article itself, who exactly ARE these cyber security experts who people keep talking about? Well, the only person actually NAMED is called Thomas Rid a 'cyber-security expert' at King's College London.
Now a little background on me, I study Maths at King's College London, and so I am in the same department and the Computer Scientists.
What. A. Coincidence.
Except, I don't recognise this guys name...

Turns out, he's not a cyber-security expert, and he's not in the department of computer science - he is a political scientist who has happened to have written books on cyber security. And, of course, if you're looking at the politics side of it Russia had EVERY reason to hack the election but that's not what people think when they hear 'cyber-security expert says Russia hacked elections.'

>inb4 Rid is an IT desktop support guy

O I am laffing

Good topic. Have a bump.

But, funnily enough, the War Studies department is literally only one floor away from the computer science department. On top of that, he HAS written books the cyber security. So, maybe in the cyber security community his opinions are well respected.
So, let's check out his website, and let's check out some reviews of his books and see who are the people recommending those books.
OH WAIT IT'S LITERALLLLLLYYYYY THE FUCKING CIA.
YOU CANNOT MAKE THIS SHIT UPPPP.

CONFUSED ABOUT THE RUSSIANS HACKING OUR GOVERNMENT!?
It's easy, asshole! just visit /POL
AND. YOU. ARE. DONE.
Welcome to no-cucks, redpill land of pepe memes and ah-hem "world history" lessons from people who have...ah-hem "Studied"

And also, surprise surprise, WIred (and I'm pretty sure Ars Technica too but can't find the pic) - told you that would be important.

>we have high confidence that
Note that they didn't say "evidence".

The term "Hack" is kind of a stretch but it does look like the Russians used a sophisticated system to distribute pro Trump/anti Clinton propaganda. Trump got help from the Kremlin whether he wants to admit it or not; at the very least Russian state actors were like a super PAC for Trump.
Scary part about all this is that citizens united opened the door for this bullshit and has the die hard support of republicans. Given the court vaccines this isn't likely to change anytime soon theintercept.com/2016/08/03/citizens-united-foreign-money-us-elections/

So, basically, the CIA and wired think he's a computer expert because he has written some well-reviewed books. Who are those books reviewed by? The CIA and Wired.

The terms hack or hacking is a pleb buzzword to the people who actually work in this field.

So the Russian hacking line is some 24th dimensional Guess Who advertising for some literal nobody's book? Thats what i'm getting out of all this

Ohh my nigga, you bring my back to my REAL point.
Because, I mean, fuck it, who cares right? Most people with half a brain cell would be able to see right through the MSM's bullshit anyway. I'm sure most of you didn't believe this to begin with
But the rest of 35 page CIA report is all basically all about how any media outlet who ISN'T saying that the Russians hacked the elections (i.e. isn't spreading bullshit propaganda) are themselves spreading propaganda!

It's this whole 'fake news' bullshit where fake news has become anything you don't like but on a government level and saying propaganda instead.
Now, RT is defo propaganda right, don'r me wrong, but so is every news organiation.
But why did the CIA focus so much attention on it? Because very soon, just watch, they're going to say to protect the people from something like this happening again we must censor the news.

>we must censor the news
Quick. Somebody get me some coal. My butt hole just clinched hard enough to make diamonds.

Thats's an interesting plot, media shoukd cover it. Oh wait.

addendum: They already tried that in America. They wanted to have an "approved journalists" list. Think it was Nancy Pelosi.

Thanks for breaking it down OP

The whole situation is ridiculous, we know Russia and China routinely direct attacks towards US cyber infrastructure. It's a fucking given that any state government will have a preference towards a presidential candidate/president in a foreign country, clearly illustrated by the US' regime-building hijinks. What would be damning would be evidence that Russians interfered DIRECTLY with the US election, like in ballot-counting, or polling software. But that's never been directly claimed by any news or intelligence source.

The whole thing is such a farce, but sadly pushing farces on an ignorant public seems to be an effective tactic of choice for influencing public opinion

But they dont have any power to do that. Their girl lost. And considering Trump's general dislike of the fucking shitshow the intelligence agencies have been causing in the last few months I imagine he'll tell the CIA to suck a fuck on literally everything they try in the next 4 years.

Also its not like our news isnt heavily watered down already. At worst people would have to take an extra step or 2 to get ahold of some more valid sources.

This will already start happening on FB.
Look at the Washington post, ABC or Politifacts coverage of the hacking scandal and you can see, given how like unclear the evidence is, there reporting is irresponsible at best and just straight up anti-Russian propaganda at worst.
Yet, they (and a few other who I think you should look up yourselves and see if you trust) will become Facebooks fact checkers for the USA.

>CIA is literally getting their knowledge of cyber attacks from some wannabe IT's personal fiction sci-fi
You can't make this shit up

nice

Too late friend, our latest defense budget cemented that "Fake News" will be a meme now and forever.

But the thing there are sooo many mindless retards who hate trump so much that'd they'd listen to anything anybody says as long as it shows how bad Trump is.
They will point to this CIA article and say the only reason Trump does not want tp censor RT is because they, with Russia, helped him hack the election.
Once RT is censored and the precedent has been set that the CIA should have the power to censor media on the internet they will keep pushing for more and more control.
I don't actually think the CIA is bad I think they, like all organisations, want more power and probably think they could do more good with more power. And since the CIA just has a bias against Russia they are of course going to see any Russian influence as bad and unaccpetable.
But I'd personally rather be influennced by both Ruissia through RT, the US throuugh the Washington post, and though nobody when places like WIKILEAKS and then have the chance to make up my own mind after looking at as much information as possible rather than having some government organization 'protect' me from outside influence and by doing so, influencing me
cba to proof reaad this one

I work in cyber security in a senior position (Head of a department). I can stake my entire career on the russian Intelligence agencies not being behind the hacks. Everyone in the IT industry knows this. Hillary email leaks came from Seth Rich, all the CIA has said so far that can be confirmed is Podesta fell for a phishing attack and the Russians are known to engage in that.

Anyone can setup a phishing operation with minimal knowledge. This is all lies and propaganda to try and get Trump to become another establishment shill. Keep resisting Sup Forums.

> that fucking smirk
What a punchable face

Would someone be so kind and create a infographic of this thread?

Hopefully someone can archive this shit for later copy pasta. I'm on a phone at the moment.

Excellent analysis, OP, have a bump and expect your paycheck from Kremiln by the next weekend.

>I work in cyber security in a senior position

FBI [& police forces] were all up for leaking the emails, and more info.
>CIA locked down on the issue (for the establishment) and flipped Comey.

Now, all of this kind of begs the question where exactly does Wikileaks fit into all this?

This is the bit that I legitimately do not understand. Because Assange is VERY clearly innocent of any crimes - yeah, sure, he is wanted for rape but that obviously just so when he's extradited to the US he can '''''accideneltally''''' fall down a flight of stairs and onto some bullets. The US government is not wrong or bad for wanting to do this to him since all governments need their citizens to at least kind of fear disclosing sensitive information otherwise it'd just be impossible to defend yourself or do general spy shit.
With that said, while it makes sense for the US government to be against whistle-blowing, we the people should be for it! Since we should want as much information about our government as possible especially when it turns out they were keeping that information private to protect themselves and not the people. So why the hell are the MSM, who should be on the side of the people, seemingly, on the side of government? All this does is make it so that even more people are afriad to come out and speak when the govenment does shady shit.

So, I think it's important to explain WHY it's so damn obvious Julian Assange is innocent and why the media should see this.

I want to do this in the same like long and 'here's all the evidence' kinda way but I can't because it's SOOOOO obvious he's not guilty.

This is from the Wikipedia page on his case.

DAILY REMINDER THAT PUTIN THREW THE ROTHSCHILDS OUT OF HIS CENTRAL BANK. That's why (((they))) have been antagonizing him and blaming Russia for everything these last few months. That's why (((they))) are threatening war on Russia right now.

The UN has repeatedly denounced his arbitrary detention and he has been cleared in multiple courts.

>They wanted to have an "approved journalists" list. Think it was Nancy Pelosi.

I know the queen of gun-control heavily supported it.

Me and the rest of /k/ will party for weeks on end when this bitch finally croaks.

Is this worse than KSA being a financier for Clinton's campaign? She had tons of money from super pacs, whe would've had no reason to get citizens United overturned. Bernie was the only one who made it a centerpiece of his platform

Get used to it, it's just the beginning of many lies the left are going to use over the next four years. I'm exhausted already.

WHY ARE PEOPLE STILL THIS INCREDIBLY STUPID.

GUCCIFER 2.0 WORKS FOR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT YOU DUMB ASSES. HE JUST HAPPENS TO BE ONE OF THE GOOD GUYS. BUT IN WASHINGTON, IF YOU'RE A GOOD GUY THEY JUST TIE YOU TO THE RUSSIANS.

NONE OF THIS WOULD HAVE HAPPENED IF JOHN PODESTA DIDNT LEAVE HIS PERSONAL EMAIL PASSWORD AS THE WORD "PASSWORD".

CIA/Mossad/MI6 = intelligence arm of globalists, worst of the worst
NSA = somewhat neutral, but will side with globalists if pushed
FBI = our bros. upper brass is good goyim appointed by Obama, but the rest are mostly patriots, lots of feds on Sup Forums

This is the biggest reason I voted for trump. Hillary was already calling for government action on (((fake news))) in her first speech after the election. It's so obvious what the whole fake news meme is, and it would be the beginning of the end of the 1st Amendment in this country had Clinton won.

If trump pulls this crap the entire media establishment will call him out on it (they would even if he didn't do anything). They wouldn't dare criticize Hillary for stripping us of our rights, they would plant some false flag about white supremacists and get everyone distracted

this

And he's not actually been charged with any crimes, just wanted for questioning, questioning which could have taken place at the Embassy he's in years ago but that would mean they can't extradite to the US so they didn't do that.
They have started though, and few weeks ago decided to FINALLY start the questioning but just at the Embassy instead.

>Is this worse than KSA being a financier for Clinton's campaign?

If she had won, yes. Since she lost, no.

Clinton clearly had more SuperPacs working for her, with many countries shilling US internet. But it's a "victors write history"thing in reverse.

Since Trump won, every tactic used is illegal and horrible.
If Clinton had won, the media wouldn't have said shit about any of this. We'd talk about it here on Sup Forums but the CTR shills (which NEVER would have gone away had she won) would call it slander or some other made up buzzword.

Sauce?

Assange had a personal beef with Clinton so he had an incentive to air out her dirty laundry. The leaks showed clear proof of the dncs corruption, so the MSM wants to distract from the actual contents of the leak by painting the "Russia hacked the election" angle.

>we totally knew it was happening, but we didn't do shit to stop it, because, you know, it's not like we are good with computer and all that shit

>subvert, use propaganda, terrorism, financially support all major anti-western groups worldwide, hire literal army of trolls and hackers, organize millions of cyberattacks on American infrastructure and corporations

>the biggest enemy of Putin in the White House runs for president

>lol, just let it slide

You're stupid and naive

>GUCCIFER 2.0 WORKS FOR THE U.S. GOVERNMENT
Proofs?

>Estimative lenguage, full of"most certantly","possibly","likely"
>"RT has a lot of views and subscribers"
>"This report is a declassified version of a highly classified assessment; its conclusions are identical to those in the highly classified
assessment but this version does not include the full supporting information on key elements of the influence campaign."

This is absolutely pathetic.

emails are confirmed real bro. basically the dems are mad that Russia did to Hillary what US news outlets did to Trump. They're just butt hurt

>Putin and Russian officials favor the candidate who wants to establish decent relations with them, and wants to harm the campaign of the one who basically wants to incite war with Russia

Wow no way. What a scandal.

I am no fan of Vladimir "Manlet" Putin and the Nu-Soviets, but it is pretty silly to make this a big deal worthy of the FBI and NSA when it is obvious why the Russians would support Trump over Clinton.

Now aside from that, didn't countries all around the world also "influence" the election by badmouthing Trump 24/7? What did the Russians do that was worse and worthy of thise study? I didn't notice much more anti-Clinton crap than anti-Trump crap.

>Lucifer
>Gucci
>Guccifer
only a burger could come up with a meme name like that

Jesus

I believe the original Guccifer was actually Romanian.

bump, infograph almost ready

>subjected to interpretation

kek, basically we made shit up.

He looks like Adam Sandler

>subject to interpretation
Guccifer Romanian
infographic here (pic related)

The NSA are good people.
They work closely with GCHQ.
There's a lot of bullshit written about the NSA by the CIA directly.
Snowden was basically CIA sent to infiltrate NSA and write a load of shit and knock down the NSA a few pegs and make them appear evil.
The NSA/GCHQ are the only ones that can save you at this point.
If the CIA/MI6 had total control the world would be FUCKED/FUCKED.

Back in the 80s, the media did a similar operation that targeted the first amendment. They tried to start a panic about Satanism. Its fucking hilarious how reactionary it was. So called former Satanist coming out and exposing how the youth were under the control of the devil. They even made a video for pastor's to show their congregation. The idea was to seed fear into the masses so they would vote away their first amendment rights voluntarily. If you replace the word Satanist with Russian hackers in these old propaganda films, you SWEAR they really put no thought in being more creative. Just copy pasta.

Saved.

top pic

>this Russian hacking epidemic is complete bullshit and why it's all propaganda
It's been a blame game to distract people from the bullshit the Democrats pulled during the election. While I hate to compare what might have been, if this was reversed and it was shown the Republicans rigged everything for Trump all the while shit talking the general public every news station would have 24/7 coverage like they had just committed mass murder. It probably would have ended the Republican party, but the Dems just fired a couple people and buried the rest because the average person is a fucking retard and blames Russia for it.

Bumping for OP, good post

Mint. Spot on. Saved.

google.com/search?q=putin rothschild&oq=putin r&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j0j69i57j0l3.2639j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

No, Im team FBI

Okay so I just realised something.
This is what the report says that they think about the guy, verbatim.

This is what the report says they mean when they say words like 'likely' and stuff.

So basically, they are only 70% sure.

No hes saying that the media and CIA is sourcing someone that the media and CIA have """validated"""" though good approval.

Getting a bunch of outlets all saying the same thing from non-existent sources that are themselves is how you create a narrative and manipulate the public.

It is very basic level propaganda tech

good job, based brit. i posted this to reddit so they can see the meme that is (CIA)

reddit.com/r/politics/comments/5mrrsj/britanon_dismantles_cias_evidence_of_russian_hacks/

I would like Russia to hack the Danish political parties and reveal their secrets and corruptions.
Even if they only hack half of them and leave the other half alone, I welcome the reveals.

Why wouldn't I?

Why should I protect corrupt asshole that want to control my country?

Revealing secrets is good for the democracy.

>conclusion: maybe it's the Russian
Literally nothing

so far what I've put together from this post. Going to archive it and add whatever else OP contributes to spread on leddit to the normies

if OP is done, here is the finalized breakdown for you all.

>classified intel report says russian leadership celebrated trump win
top kek there is literally an rt video on youtube of the russian duma breaking out in applause upon the announcment of trumps victory

they discovered warm water
this is what your government gives billions of dollars to, americans

cia has gone totally of the rails