/self-improvement/

Lets do this shit right once and for all Sup Forums.

Post everything that a person needs to self-improve.

You can't just say "lol go workout" or "stop eating shit", you need to explain a method to achieve this for your average ignorant neckbeard. At least a "how to get into X" pic.

We will then compile all that shit together and finally evolve from these abstract threads to actual progress threads.

No well-adjusted mocking shitposters allowed

I say we need at least:
>motivation
-------------------
>health
>education
>socialization
>fun
>culture
>skills

Other urls found in this thread:

bodybuilding.com/store/rsp-nutrition/biovite.html
isidewith.com/political-quiz
artofmanliness.com/2012/09/01/heading-out-on-your-own-31-life-skills-in-31-days-series-wrap-up/
forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13
forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

take a daily multivitamin (must)

best place to buy everything you need and the lowest prices
the multivitamin I've being taking for 3 years (coated so you don't get nauseous on empty stomach)

bodybuilding.com/store/rsp-nutrition/biovite.html

visit /fit/ and read the sticky.
Spend at least 2-3 years getting in shape. A sound mind resides within a sound body and all that shit.
After this improve your mental abilities, read more, study new things, improve your social skills etc.

> dont be from a poor family

> you were probably born to be a slave

seriously, poor people are fucking stupid, just look at 90% of the posts in pol made by losers who cant even afford their own house lol

the system is so easy to beat, grades in school are so easy to get , university is easy to manage

but most of you fail at it because you are fucking retarded

in my country we send such people to do menial labour from day 1

maybe you should consider it instead of victimizing yourself

>Post everything that a person needs to self-improve.
>willpower and a functioning body

Read this book

I think 100% a basic calisthenics workout makes a world of difference in your self confidence and energy and ultimately being successful try downloading the 100 push-ups app and the 200 squats app

You don't have to stop your vice whatever that is.... Drugs, viyda, whatever but save it until you've accomplished your goals for the day, if you haven't got any goals done then no fun time for you

>> losers who cant even afford their own house
lolololol I'd rather have a bunch of dudes living at home with their parents saving their money than being to mortgages they have no hope of ever paying off.

Also another major sector of self improvement is finance, don't neglect this
Money is power and freedom in this world
Poverty is slavery and suffering

Read up on finance I don't care if you work at McDonald's you can set money to the side and it will make a huge difference over several months and then years

trying to read for 2 hours a day

been using the pomodoro technique to help focus as my attention span has been destroyed from growing up with the internet

any book recommendations / reading lists for finance?

My last post but as a 25 year old do not wait forever to go to trade school or college

I worked my way up doing shitty jobs to do get a decent income with no secondary education but I regret not going to trade school straight out of highschool I could be making triple what I make now

I suggest everyone out of highschool to immediately look up your local trade school and find something that interests you (as for me I'm going to be going into welding soon, good $$$)

The book that totally shifted my attitude towards money is rich dad, poor dad. I'm sure you've heard of it but if not check it out.

Also regularly reading finance blogs you'll expand your knowledge

One I like is www.getrichslowly.org
Also www.financialsamurai.com

Psychiatrist here.

Don't go into the mental health field if your state is already fucking crowded with clinics. Unless you plan to move you won't stand a chance starting your own.

IF YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE ON MEDS FUCKING TAKE THEM. One most things I hear start with "I stopped taking _____ and....."

If you want to get off your meds talk to the person who prescribed them to you as not all medicine can be immediately stopped cold turkey without negative side effects.

No, smoking marijuana/drinking alcohol regularly does not benefit you.

If you are self medicating please stop and see a professional.

Our degrees outrank your 5 minite Google search and the article your friend wrote in his blog.
Anything I missed, just ask or feel free to tack on.

>take a daily multivitamin (must)
only by food unless you have diagnosed deficiency

For anyone here going through identity issues like me, here's some tips I've learned in rebuilding myself.

>What do you believe in?
isidewith.com/political-quiz

Take this quiz to get a general overview of which political party and ideology you subscribe to.

I'd also recommend heading to the library and reading the Federalist Papers, the Communist Manifesto, and any book on modern US Government and Politics.

>Spirituality
If you're curious about religion or looking to find God, Mere Christianity by C.S. Lewis is the perfect place to start. Catholic Answers on YouTube can help explain many beliefs and practices on not just Catholicism, but Christianity as a whole. Search Google for the "Baptist Faith and Message" if you're looking for a more fundamentalist protestant denomination.

Some general points:
>avoid walmart, target, or any one-stop-shop mega stores.
Support smaller business instead of heading to a warehouse full of cheap chinese goods

>Buy a basic beginners cookbook and learn to make yourself something to eat

>artofmanliness.com/2012/09/01/heading-out-on-your-own-31-life-skills-in-31-days-series-wrap-up/
Good how-tos for managing your finances, doing laundry, being a grown-up, etc.

Planning your day/week is one of the most beneficial things you can do for yourself.

Develop a daily schedule and stick to it. Dedicate time, for example, to homework at 4:00 pm, learning a language/instrument at 6:00 pm, prayer at 8:00 pm, bedtime at 1:00 am, etc. and stick to it.
Give yourself something to look forward to each day of the week. Watch a new movie on Monday, do chores on Tuesday, play retro video games on Thursday, etc. Take a day of the week, and dedicate it to one of your hobbies.

Speaking of which, rediscover some hobbies. Try new things like biking or reading or sports just to do it.

>Learn about nutrition (stop eating shit):

forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=13

Research into the "stickies" and learn about proper nutrition. It'll seriously work wonders for mental/physical health.

> Begin a workout program (stop being physically lazy/Improve fitness):

forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8

Read the stickies and learn. It'll give you the basic information on exercise regiments to possibly follow/start. Rome wasn't built in a day, and one isn't suddenly going to become "fit" in 3 months. Those are only marketing adds used to attract the lazy/profits.

> Education (exercising ones mind):

I'd begin starting by going to a library (gasps!!). Seriously, go to a library and begin looking into books you'd like to read. Find any subject you'd like to learn about. Actually getting out and having to rent a book gives you a "timeline" to complete the book by. Want to begin learning more about economics or politics? Simply go to the political section and find a book you think you'd like.

> Socializing (actually talking to people)/fun:

Find some sort of a group to join. Whether it be some fitness group at your local gym, some local sports team that likes to play a sport, etc. It's important to exercise your socializing skills because it can make you a more likable person (which is always good for anyone). There are more than plenty of places like this near ones own city/town.

That's all I have. All in all, just don't be afraid to try new things and meet new people. Most people who go to these things are there for exactly the same reason as you, because they want to meet new people and have some fun.

Lastly, I want you to take an hour or two, sit down with a pen and paper, and think about what the dream version of yourself looks like. From basic questions like "Does he have long hair or short hair?" to deeper questions like "Does he believe in God?" or "What kind of career does he have?"

Create/Build this persona of who you want to be, and then start setting goals so that little by little, you can transform yourself into that persona.

DO NOT TRY TO ACCOMPLISH EVERYTHING AT ONCE. Just take baby steps and let individual goals be accomplished over time. Focus on, for example, losing weight first, then learning to speak French, then joining a church, etc. You'll overwhelm yourself and then end up back on this neo-nazi shitposting image board feeling sorry for yourself.

My friends who became doctors say fuck the vitamin. Its only needed if you are deficient and even then you should just eat cereal in the morning. American cereals are fortified like crazy. Make it a somewhat healthy one like rasin bran.

Other then that maybe vitamin d. A blood test will tell you if you need it. If you are not a fish eater you can look into fish oil.

Doing that will eventually make your body unable to correctly produce/absorb natural vitamins

>comes to Sup Forums for self-improvement

that's like going to Taiwan to cure your pedophilia

>you want something
>I want more money
>go to a quiet room and think about how to get more money
>get the idea. this is the process.
>all is mind mind is all
>do it
>get money

ALL IS MIND MIND IS ALL!!

yeah nah