Tfw this movie is no longer relevant and anyone would kill to have a cushy white collar job like the main characters in...

>tfw this movie is no longer relevant and anyone would kill to have a cushy white collar job like the main characters in 2017.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=XASNM1XEQPs
youtube.com/watch?v=Vsayg_S4pJg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Job security is nice.

It doesn't make the job any less shit

The part about working in a restaurant being terrible is still true though.

Dude, I would fucking LOVE a job like they had

>not free-lancing
Definition of a cuck. Youre giving your lifelyhood in the hands of your boss.
As a freelancer you can travel around the world, not be cucked by the housing market and way more pros.

> Yeah, um, user... I kinda need you to, um, come in extra early on Sunday, so, um, if you could just be here at seven, that'd be great.
> anyone would kill to have this

Damn...it's true

Sometimes I wish I wasn't a NEET and had a comfy office job lads

I have freelanced for the past two and a half years. It's nice and all but I'm starting to long for stability.

Ofcourse you will get tired of it once you get older. Just build up a nice pension and return to society. Become a teacher or a professor. Its what most free lancers do

How does one free lance? Whats the easiest way?

Because I'd give damn near anything to be able to travel and work. Or just travel.

what a special time. So many nice feels and aesthetics in that movie. Even when they were driving around outside of Austin, Texas, it just felt so fucking good.

>be American
>have salaried tech support job at $30k/yr
>boss says to come in 10 hours a day on Saturday and "Sunday too"
>have to work for free due to having a "salary position"

Yeah the salary position I had looked really good on paper. But then within the first few days I realized that the "8 hour work day" was a dream I would rarely ever see. 10 hour days were the norm, and if they needed me to come in on the weekend, it would be for free. Soul-crushing job I'm so glad they eventually got rid of me.

Personally I never understood the hate for "office jobs".

You get a cushy cubicle, do some non-threatening computer, and discuss sports and politics with some co-workers at lunchtime. I definitely wouldn't mind that.

Just graduate and ask for work around the world. Thats it, 1 year contracts everywhere or maybe half a year. You will get a steady 50k per half year. Depending on the job

Everything changed after 2008. We won't recover from how hard the jews fucked us in the ass until 2030 at least.

youtube.com/watch?v=XASNM1XEQPs

This part was hilarious because I knew lot of whiggers acting like this IRL.

Graduate from what and ask who? Please elaborate, genuinely interested.

Sounds ok for a day, maybe a few weeks. Try doing it for months and years on repeat. The. Same. Damned. Shit. Every fucking day. Slaving away for a boss that isn't even in the office half the year. Never ending emptiness and despair.

It's my third or fourth favorite part of the movie. God I love Office Space.
>Hey Lawrence, did anyone at work ever say to you "someone has a case of the 'Mondays'"?

this is the most depressing and horrifying film i've ever seen

you wake up every day and find yourself doing the same thing. and then you find yourself remembering doing the same thing. and then you find yourself remember that you keep remembering you always do the same thing.

And you will ask yourself why, and the answer will be... because you're afraid not to.

Wasn't true then. It was a wankfest for the first generation of young cubicle jockey's to make them feel better about themselves.

>dumbass freelancer tells other people to freelance
Not everyone can pull that off and adding more freecucks into the world reduces the jobs available.
Cant freelance for every job either
>be me
>freelance office worker
>best there is
>really pushes those pencils and fill themspreadsheets
>bosses love me
>companies beg for my secrets

yeah i love this movie

Two years now for me, and I'm in science so the work should be exciting... but it isn't. It's the feeling of pointlessness that's the worst.

Watch Falling Down if you haven't seen it. That movie triggered my feels real hard and the main character is a true hero.

And you ends up like this:

youtube.com/watch?v=Vsayg_S4pJg

Checked

It did. Rewatched this on a whim last night and it was comfy as fuck. Would love to have a job like that and just fuck the whole day away on here.

It always hurts when they don't give him cake.

Just google it, mates. Don't be lazy faggots.

I checked out from normal jobs a year ago, working from my computer and traveling between white countries now (France is not one), it's best best professional year I've had.

Back up in your ehss with the resurrection

>tfw you go from NEET to large corp
>tfw you boss is a neurotic ass wipe
>tfw you would rather have died

Well consultancy and designing have alot of potential in freelancing.
Its better to start your own company too so you will become more famous or something. Also get a linkedin

Yeah, if you could just stop memeing that'd be great.

No the worst part is that you change things up because you're sick of doing the same shit. Just for the new things to become to same old shit a few weeks later. You can't escape it.

>It's the feeling of pointlessness that's the worst.

Yeah, there's no goal. Material possessions are a poor excuse to slave your life away.

God I wish I had my own cubicle like that, looks comfy.

Pic related is what my office looks like.

> freelancing
You could also sell blowjobs on the street. At least then, no self-made men on Sup Forums can make you feel insecure about not living the good life as an entrepreneur.

I mean seriously, guys. I'm all for entrepreneurship, but telling people that they're lazy and need to create their own jobs is a case of easy talking. So many industries are mature now, being dominated by experienced, efficient firms, that an individual starting out just can't be competitive.

> I'll become a freelance graphic designer.
Yeah and the next time a client needs something designed, I'm sure they will approach your "company" on basement dweller avenue instead of just asking a quote from one of the reliable and established players in the industry.

> I'll become an entrepreneur baking and selling bread
Well good luck beating factories on cost of production and supermarkets on market access.

> I'll become a consultant
You know that "consulting" literally means "advising people on stuff", right? It requires expertise on areas and a trustworthy reputation. You can never compete with established consultancy firms that already have a solid reputation and have thousands of consultants with a wide array of expertise on their payroll. If I need a consultant, I'm not going for Joe Sixpack and his one-man company, who's only had 2 clients thus far. I'll save myself the risk and go for an existing firm.

There is no room for small-time entrepreneurship in a globalized world dominated by large companies.

You wont get an answer mate, this is some larper is all.

If you are not concerned and fearful of whatever your situation is just study something practical and valuable but internationally needed, like Programming, Developer, maybe just do a math degree in Statistics, or just do straight IT, get Network+, CCNA, Security+ and Cryptography qualification. Whatever you choose work for 2-3 years, take 3-4 months off, decide whether you wanna go somewhere, plan it out make it concise and make sure you aren't just doing it out of a whim.

> tfw you go from NEET to large corp.
> tfw immediate boss has 3 teenage-your age NEET/druggy sons.
> tfw she transfers all her maternal instincts to you.
> tfw you're the good boy who actually listens to her and does what she wants.
> tfw contract to part time to full time in 9 months, employee of the year and bottle of scotch at christmas.

I think she wants to /ss/ to be honest.

As a bluecollar guy, it always kind of cracked me up how at the end he started working construction and was happy with it. You know that shit sucks before long and entry level construction work doesn't pay for shit. That's if a gringo could even get hired for it anymore.

haha yeah he ends up working construction. I bet Aniston just settled down with him happily ever after

I've been wagecucking for 10 years but this is what I want to do. Work a contract for 6 to 12 months, take off 3 to 6 months for travel or studying, repeat.

Take it from someone who worked in an office enviroment,
you woldn't.
Its soul crushing.

Office workers complaining about their cushy "boring" jobs is like a fat american complaining to an ethiopian that even though spaghetti is tasty and filling, he just doesn't care to eat it.

Try doing actual hard, physical labor for years of your life and then tell me about what sucks. You get the soul crushing and add on hard work.

If you can take 3 to 6 months off on a regular basis, you're not a wagecuck, you're one of the privileged few with a super high income.

I love this movie but why was the Geto Boys all over the soundtrack? Kinda insufferable.

You guys have wiggers?? I guess (((US media))) pushes far and wide but I thought wigger culture was only mainly a US and Canada thing.

My brother is an architect. He works for a few months and gets some money. Then he chills for the rest of the year. All he does is hanging in bars basically. Hes pretty rich

Spouler alert:

Every job is soul crushing, it all depends on if you take pride in your work.

I like Geto Boys. They seem kid of like satire because of all the over the top horror movie shit they rap about.

This, when I worked for my state highway and transportation dpt I had to survey the new lane added to the interstate for a 12 mile stretch both ways.

When it so miserably hot the bottoms of your boots melt off you know its some pretty gay shit.

I'm in my mid-30s and have worked a pretty wide range of jobs.

Retail:
Awful all round: wages are barely enough to keep you alive, customers make you long for death.

Food/beverage service:
Can be more social but also stressful. Wages suck. To be honest I was not the greatest at this job.

Office jobs:
They've been some of the best and worst I've had.
Really depends on management and effort put into making the space comfortable (some have decided that aircon is too expensive for example)

One day I just kick this piece of SHIT out the window

yup

fuck bureaucracy

> take pride in your work
> get soul crushed
pick one

This is why a sense of pride or satisfaction is not simply nice to have; it is ESSENTIAL for long-term functioning. I learned that the hard way.

Sitting on your ass all day can be actually pretty painful if you're the type that likes moving about. Also the office politics can be very toxic.

I envy tradesmen atm.

I think it's still very relevant. If you're smart enough and know how to code jobs like that aren't too hard to get.

If you want to do something easier and more popular and compete with the 50 thousand other cunts thinking the same thing then yeah you probably won't relate to it so much.

there are tons of cushy white collar jobs, just gotta have the right (((connections))) or live in super liberal areas (l.a., san fran)

lol@ faggots like you acting like it's a "sign of the times" that you're a complete failure. you have nobody to blame but yourself

also do realize that the grass isn't always greener.

open air offices are a nightmare

>just gotta have the right (((connections)))
get some marketable skills you fucking loser

>this faggot still hasn't realized that networking is everything

Better learn quick, it's tough to pay for your liberal arts degree on a batista salary.