Riddle me this, libertarian utopians

Riddle me this, libertarian utopians

go on, I'll wait.

*sips tea*

Other urls found in this thread:

cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/antonio-riccio-montreal-pothole-1.3491833
freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/wayne/2015/07/27/hamtramck-residents-decide-fill-potholes-themselves/30758405/
youtube.com/watch?v=B-m9A8mY-U0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The free market will fix it.

>sips tea

dude you're from fucking macedonia, it's mudwater you're drinking, not tea.

yeah, but their existence will help brazil to deflate the state wich is huge and not that effective.

Who owns the road you posted OP?

>hit bump with car
>stop
>fill in with dirt from side of road

eat a dick nigger

>roads are necessarily public infrastructure
>private roads can't exist

Hamtramck Guerilla Road Repair crew.

Literally a bunch of people who got sick of waiting for the government to "solve their problem" so they went out and fixed the pot holes themselves.

Who pays you to do this?

Charity doesn't exist in libertopia.

what if you did it because you did not like pothole?

It's a jewish trick, stop complaining about it and start shoveling the coal, the oven is not going to start on its own.

>Charity doesn't exist in libertopia
Of course it does. If libertarians argue for anything it is charity instead of welfare.

Under the capitalist system, my state government digs new potholes because they're bought by the mom 'n pop garage lobby.

I did it because it's gonna fuck up my car one of these days, and it's annoying to drive over it regularly.
Go fuck yourself, commie. Or do you need the government to take care of that for you, too?

I can go one better

Interesting how that graph cuts off at 2000

Since then temperatures have been flat

Wew

What are TOLL FOOKIN ROADS

Roads are unique though. How can there be competition?

AnCap thread is that way ->

Being unique is what creates competition idiot

If there's one road to your town, how can there be competition?

Fairlanes roads emphasize getting you there, for Type A drivers, and Cruiseways emphasize the enjoyment of the ride, for Type B drivers.

In a truly Libertarian society who says where we're going we need roads. Free market baby. Roads never invented.....free people invent transportation that doesn't require roads. BUT you know my bad for pointing out painful truths

The point is, there's only 1 freeway getting you from home to work. Unless you want to take detours through the various neighborhoods somehow?

How about other stuff. How can there be competition between water suppliers? There's only one pipeline going to all the houses in a housing development. All of them, in fact the entire town, is stuck with the same supplier

This is why there is collective contracts. The city government deals with these issues

This is a classic inside the box arguement. Roads and public utilities and water supply. Blah blah blah. Your trying to take right now....which is 150 years of government funded projects and compare it to a timeline that doesn't exsist. In a truly free society if there were no government man dated tax breaks and funding for roads and utilities. It would have forced people 150 years ago to fund there own means....which means by now the fucking teleportation device may have been invented out of necessity

in a true libertarian society hover cars would have been built by now

You're an idiot.

If there was no government, how would you find a place to raise your family in peace?

Away from degeneracy. Away from drugs. Away from perverse influences. Around similar minded people
This is called a community, with standards enforced by a collective organization known as a government. On a larger scale, it's called a nation

>implying you need to be paid to contribute to your community
spotted the jew

Did i say no government? There has to be government. I never said anarchy

Nonsense

how? we're going to have 6 competing roads going to the same place? wtf would that look like? and what if 1 party owns all the land in the place where the competitive roads would be viable?

Its easy you buy the land, the person with the best roads and simplest route wins everyone else gets BTFOed.

A whole .4 above "normal"? Yeah, nah. Fuck off with that bull shit.

This is total nonsense. Carving up the landscape with roads is not a practical solution

You build another one? Incentivize people to pay to use yours, such as a higher speed limit or disallow police cars on it, since it's private property and all

The roads will be hole-ridden

So it starts becoming quite uneconomical for a company or a normal citizen to drive them, and even more for a company to maintain them

>wat do?

First of all, humanity temporarily reverts to an earlier stage of dirt roads, which are quite shit but still useful for low-volume transportation. A few decades later, companies begin to see the potential profit in monopolizing the transportation that's currently impairing business growth, launching a massive R&D into aerospace technology with the intent to bypass having to build roads and have people use their transportation services without the company having to upkeep quite an expensive infrastructure. Two decades of monopoly pass, and the technology is now widely spread (due to no artificial state-enforced copy """rights""" preventing the adoption of the technology), causing people to live in a more innovative world, due to the fact that there was no state entity to impair the desire to invent a solution by forcing their ineffective infrastructure down people's throats via mandatory taxes.

I wouldn't choose to live somewhere accessed by poorly-maintained roadways. Even if roads to particular locations are singular, we do have a choice of destinations, and we can visit those served by superior roadways. People served by lesser roads may choose to fund better maintenance, or establish a competing road of their own.

or, I refuse to sell any of the land, force people to use my shit road as the only option, and charge a mint to use it.

This is pretty much fucking spot on.....pay attention big government junkies.....this statement is reality without forced sub sides upon the people

Funny thing is that soviet communist countries had literally the worst roads. Meanwhile countries which were much more libertarian like west Germany had GOAT roads

Exactly. If everyone gives up a bit of their freedom, it allows greater freedom for everyone else.

For example, the rules against spamming on Sup Forums are what allows us to have this conversation right now. We've both sacrificed some of our freedom of action, and it allows us as well as everyone else, greater freedom

But freedom isn't the goal of a civilization. You might enjoy it, but a true civilization is rooted in history, tradition, community, family....ect.

Libertarians recognize one aspect of human nature -- humans are greedy -- and build an entire philosophy out of it. However they fail to recognize the rest of human nature: humans are tribal. They need leaders, they need heirarchy, they need history, and community, and family, and traditions.

People are not intended to individual entities blown to the winds, people are intended to be part of a unified national order.

>says slovenia

kk, Shit Roads Monopolies Inc will eventually catch up to you and buy out the roads. better keep moving

Then people pay once to leave that shit town you have created a wall around and never come back. Taking their businesses and any reasons to go to that place with them. Congrats, you're now out of business

What if the road consents?

This statement is bullshit. Libertarians do not believe in greed as a principle. They believe in freedom. Its my fucking business if i want to do business with someone else. Not yours. You do not get to mandate to me who I choose to associate with. Within the agreed upon boundaries set by elected officials. You keep implying libertarIan is anarchism....like it's some abstract form of thinking. Well better wake up ol Thomas Jefferson and tell him and the rest of the founding fathers the don't believe in liberty then

That's the discount lane. Want no potholes? Pay extra for premium.

cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/antonio-riccio-montreal-pothole-1.3491833

freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/wayne/2015/07/27/hamtramck-residents-decide-fill-potholes-themselves/30758405/

>says serbia

>have pitiful SRM, Inc. access road
>establish competing road
>SRM makes an offer
>nope

>libertarian utopians
wut

>buy photo

>says the spic

>American education
>I-it was j-just bait

Riddle me what? Are you trying to tell me that if the government doesn't fix that hole you won't fix it yourself?

And just as a side note to my post, the EU already applies the libertarian approach to the roads. The EU highways are privately-owned and the companies have put tolls at the beginning and end of them, forcing you to pay to enter.

>Are there any holes?
Almost zero. They are even one of the highest quality roads in Europe, with a lot of competing supermarkets being positioned around the privately-owned territory there due to companies renting it from the other companies for profit. And then you go back to the national road, which is absolutely shit, narrow, and completely devoid of any shops, parkings or toilets along it, but it's free (by the way, you pay a fee anyway by having to spend more fuel due to how stupidly it is designed). It's a huge slap in the face that truly shows you how inefficient the state actually is.

>SRM already own surrounding land
>no place to build

even in your scenario, you're doing a disservice to your shareholders, if you pass up a viable offer. they'll abandon you for making shit business decisions that could have made them a ton of money

Wrong. You have obligations.

To your family. To your community. To your nation. To your ancestors, those millions of people that sacrificed and bled and toiled in a long chain of life to bring you into this world.
If given too much freedom, people become fat, self-indulgent, and socially isolated.

People of America today are crying out for this. They are anti-social, cloistered away in their little birdhouses, medicating their lonliness with entertainment media.

Look here, maybe this will help you understand. This is our civilization in it's pure form. This is what you've been cheated out of your entire life:

youtube.com/watch?v=B-m9A8mY-U0

Takes a photo of a poorly maintained goverment/public road.

See! See! this is why libertarianism can never work.

>*sips tea*
Doesn't matter if you were right or not, get out

Sorry Yakov, you don't get to carry on the joke that way ;)

Don't be mad just because he stole your pineapple, aquafresh.

>Build dock
>Take speedboat to supermarket

When's the new flag coming fatso

We're still A-B testing some designs. Why, thought we would put a pineapple on our flag too just to shame you?

But people also choose to not be fat, to associate with people and care for others because of freedom.

*sips tea*

Nah i was talking about the 51/52 starter flag, shit is cash

What exactly are you even talking about? Read that line out of Chomsky or something? I am talking about a free market society. Who said anything about me not sacrificing for family and country. Who said anything about what lonely people are clamouring for in there birdhouse. Dont try and bait and switch on /pol. This ain't sociallogy 101 bro. Stick with thread subject. Which is what would a libertarian do to fix a road. Not some deep seeded undercurrent of modern society and its feelings

When I become a billionaire I'll give out tar and asphalt to anybody with a truck. Random people with nothing to do will go out and fix potholes, it will be a new hobby like stamp collecting. People will put their work on instagram to advertise for their businesses. When a bridge falls over you can use the army to fix it. Bigstatecucks btfo.

Or, just tax at like 5% and cut welfare/liabilities and there's no need for this facetious conversation.