University of London students demand ‘white philosophers’ removed

>University of London students are demanding that thinkers such as Plato, Aristotle, Voltaire, and Immanuel Kant be banned from the philosophy syllabus... because they are white.
UK media quotes students from the University of London’s School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) as saying that “the majority of philosophers on our courses” should be from Africa and Asia.

>A statement from the students’ union added that banning white philosophers should be part of a wider campaign to “decolonize” the university and “address the structural and epistemological legacy of colonialism.”

Source: rt.com/uk/373042-white-philosophers-students-demand/

How's that WW2 victory working out for you Brits?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=CubOtsz4jt0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

You were a trading rotue and a bull for the nazis you would of been gassed once they won

youre welcome

>you would of been gassed once they won
utter lies

Who cares, it's the fucking university of ORIENTAL and AFRICAN studies. Let them pay £9,000 a year for ooga booga.

this thread has already been made, if you bully us any further we will snap and it won't be pretty, so I suggest you close this thread now, or else!

I don't get the fuss over this. If it's the school of African studies why shouldn't they study Africans? Plenty of much more serious things to spend your time worrying about tbqh

>students from the University of London’s School of Oriental and African Studies
They have a point

>philosophers
>aka Starbucks training
those niggers are better off with a degree from Trump University

>London Muslim Mayor
>London University wants white philosophers removd
>From Empire to Zilch
>Rudolf Hess
>Zionist banksters
>Palestine
>Birmingham
>Scottish Indepedence
>BBC abolishing topgear

>going to uni
>2016
paying £10,000 per year on a degree to get a job that you could of gotten if you were an apprentice or intern that would of cost you nothing.

WHY IS THAT IN LONDON YOU KEKS?

I can kinda Understand the first part since they are wasting Nine grand a year to learn bout ching chongs and ooga boogas, But they can fuck off with the "decolonizing" shit if they don't like it piss off.

It's fucking SOAS man. It's literally a university for proud independent women of color, and posh totty who got BLACKED on their gap yah.

Because they pay £9000 a year and if they are foreign students even more. Universities are businesses.
>Supply & Demand

it's a department in a university, not mandatory schooling for all our children. Presumably some people in Japan study English literature etc.

>“the majority of philosophers on our courses” should be from Africa and Asia.

Why?

Is it just some "they havent been represented enough historically so lets make up for it by overcompensating" shit?

good. they've always stolen the show away from such luminaries as m'basa-m'basa of the law "dey do dat" and fatwa al-afrika of the law "we do dis"

youtube.com/watch?v=CubOtsz4jt0

And while they're at it, can they remove the work of Boole, Frege, Church, and Hilbert from the college?
Doing things with symbols is very anti African.

Did you read the article? It's being ridiculed as "fashion" even within SOAS.

Sup Forums was a mistake

>SOAS
Let them have it. Nothing of value was lost that day.

>Why?

"School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS)"

>School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS)
>philosophers should be from Africa and oriental
Sounds reasonable. They will get finish their (((degree))) in one semester and be able to talk about 1 or 2 nigger philosophers nobody heard from. Like they even existed. Good thing is that nobody's going to hire them except for the same University.

>2017
>not starting with the greeks

Let them waste their tuition fees, only mudshits go to SOAS

The irony is unbelievable.

>Oriental and African studies

China is colonising Africa, RIGHT NOW!

And they're bothered about white philosophisers that didn't even take part in any colonisation.

Fucking mental, I swear.

Can you please fucking read? It's Oriental Studies. It makes sense.

>"Gott strafe England!"
>punches Scotland

top kek

How have I never noticed that

>philosophisers

ok ahmed

LONDON
O
N
D
O
N

London is a multiculti hellhole, mate, been that way for years. same for most of the big cities.

>drove through Lewisham and Bromley on the way to the airport
>could count the number of white people I saw on one hand

Top fucking kek

LOL. Scotland just can't win. First they voted to stay in the UK, then Brexit, and now they're a England's whipping boy. O man, I'm laffin...

Scotland does it to themselves desu. Lowlanders are total leftist cancer.

Highlands/isles are leftist, but only because they like to fuck the English.

>London is a sprawling shithole
>a nobody university
>reeeeeee
>reee
>everywhere
>barely relevant
>you forgot many places
>let them leave and see where the leftie road takes them, england 4 laif
>away from pedos and into the bezos

>learning Philosophy
>not starting with the greeks

It's like they don't even want to understand Philosophy

>"The safest general characterization of the European philosophical tradition is that it consists of a series of footnotes to Plato.”

Also implying eastern philosophy isn't influenced by Greek philosophy

>implying Buddhism is not just runaway Stoicism

you realize oriental studies is very old and prestigious field right

You know someone is full of bullshit when they bring out epistemology.

Yeah, but you are an idiot if you think modern oriental studies are in any way similar to old school orientalism.

add Hölderlin to the idealists
everyone should read him. At least his fiction

I know all you Westerners feel guilty and bad for leaving Eastern Europe in shit all the time, but really, just stop killing yourself, we don't really want to be the only Europe in a few decades.

Ah, the uni that's famously been taken over by Muslim Lives Matter or whatever they call themselves

Those are the best ones.

Literally no sane white would live in London of their own free will. Its been ghettoised beyond hope, and any borough remotely white is filled with self hating legitimate cuckolds raising their wife's fifty half cast sons who support their extinction and genocide. It's fucking depressing.

I want my country back.

>Oriental and African Studies

Both sides have a point.

It's the college of Oriental and African studies; not the entire university or the entire British educational system. Given the area of focus, it's fine to likewise focus on philosophers of the region.

That said, why not promote their demands in that context? Also the "wider campaign to decolonize the university" is silly. I can see how some the work of some writers/thinkers sprang from the mindset of "educating the savage" (Kipling comes to mind), but are we seriously going to make cast Plato and Aristotle in the same mold?

(Plus wasn't Voltaire rather anti-establishment as well as being anti-slave trade?)

isn't this racism? by very definition?
shouldn't they be put in jail for life for this hateful attitude?

>school of oriental and african study

That actually makes sense in that sort of program.

>tfw trying to get some kind of grounding in philosophy

there's just so fucking much of it I'm not going to lie that long

>Both sides have a point.
>It's the college of Oriental and African studies
I see a better solution:
close this so-called college that does pseudo-science for mentally handicapped people and apes.
win-win

>greeks
>white

Native londoner here. I live about half a mile from the hospital I was born in. Over the last 30 years my areas dropped from being 90% white British to about officially 45% but any fool can tell it's less. Most of those that are left are elderly. If you see a white face on the street nowadays they're usually talking Polish.

My folks moved out to North Lincolnshire a few years back. I'm tempted to sell up and join them. I could get a 4 bed detached for my one bed London flat.

But then I'd be leaving my home. Where I grew up. My history. I don't want to let them fucking win. Too many people cut and run. And that's precisely the problem.

When the time comes user, by all means let the bombs fall, but I think I'll go down with the ship.

Seriously FUCK whitey

>remove philosophers
How about debunking them?

Can anyone actually name a single African philosopher? Or are they going to say that niggers that were politically influential (like Nelson Mandela or something) were philosophers just to fill the gap?

≡Russia Today≡

We need a symbol to denote Russian subversion. I think ≡ works best as it's similar to the three bars of the Russian flag.

>It is quite right to start off with learning the history and mythology of Ancient Greece so we have that covered but I would argue that one only needs to read Mythology, The Iliad, The Odyssey and The Histories before moving on to reading actual philosophic texts of The First Philosophers: The Presocratics and the Sophists & the complete works of Plato and Aristotle

Do this first, it is all fun reads

JUST

Also
>decolonize
>the University of London

What does that even mean? Remove the kebab demanding that all mention of white people be scrubbed from the college curriculum?

And replace them with what? Fuck those kikes.

>Russian subversion
>pointing out your insanity, retardation and self-induced death of your nation
>Russian subversion

remove the kebab from the surface of the Earth
once and for all

forgot pic

without imperialism, niggers would still be chucking spears instead of blindly firing bullets while hoding their gun sideways

We have had the same asinine requests at our universities to remove all white philosophy (and science). Which is all fine and dandy, but this is a culture that didn't invent the wheel or have a written language. Never mind philosophers.

>Decolonise the university
>A university in a european fucking country
>Where white people are from

Thank you Swedebro

>Literally no sane white would live in London of their own free will. Its been ghettoised beyond hope, and any borough remotely white is filled with self hating legitimate cuckolds raising their wife's fifty half cast sons who support their extinction and genocide. It's fucking depressing.
>I want my country back.

If one were to visit "dad", where should one go?

Is Plymouth nice? Seems like a logical historical stop for an American.

asd

Yeah, I'm kinda curious who they'd even consider to be an African philosopher

KEBAB AND NIGGER REMOVAL WHEN?

I guess that makes the course pretty easy. No textbook, no lectures, no content, no tests. It's just one big chimpout and you get graded by what you can burn, destroy or pillage. Extra credits for raping.

dsa

sad

No dear, you've obviously had enough.

Plymouth is decent, home of the Royal Navy and has a sweet fucking fortress on the coast where the Spaniards got absolutely BTFO. The Barbican is a good place to have a drink also. Plymouth has a UKIP council as well so they are based.

but I thought the Greeks WUZ KANGS

London is not Britain anymore.

No. Why would you make any concessions ? You do not need to.

Only Mexican philosophers will do.
"Why is the wall so high?"
"What is the meaning of labor?"

if there's one thing more disgusting than poles, it's the english

I don't see how it's even a concession though, concession to what?

>"No you can't read Asians in the Asian class, you have to learn about welding"

Bear in mind I'm sure it's a bullshit WE WUZ exercise but if that's what they paid for then fine

>He doesn't realize the importance of philosophy to the redpilled
Double digit IQ pleb detected.
LEARNING philosophy is critical for your mental development. MAJORING in philosophy is absolutely a meme unless youre planning on Law school after getting your Bachelors.

>nigger philosophers
>implying niggers are capable of philosophy that wasn't regurgitated by the white man

tipkek

Philosophy courses are too hard for them. They have to dumb down.

Originally to train linguists to govern the empire. You know, the one that covered pretty much the whole world? Just think, you could've been part of it if Billy of Orange had managed to make a son with Mary.

>Scottish Indepedence
>where they can go further left and turn the entire country into London

I fail to see how this is a negative to us if they leave

>Plato and Aristotle
>white
to kek

Why didn't we stop it?

this is what happens when you renounce God.

>all of them but Kant
>white

This is why students today will end up swinging from the trees instead of knowing anything worthwhile. The UK's political correctness is watering down our education. It's time to preserve tradition and take higher thoughts and higher education underground I think.

> Like Plato had to with his academy

The ironic thing is concepts like oppression human rights and decolonization were created by white philosophers

if they ditch the white thinkers, what will they have left teach? Gibsmedatologian ethics? Thus spoke Jaqueesha? Beyond KFC and watermelon? Being and Crime?

No it isn't, this is what happens when you embrace cultural Marxism

this is SOAS, literally the most liberal school in London, full of muzzies, feminists and shitskins. The entrance requirements are incredibly low.

To lump them in with real universities like UCL, Imperial and LSE is an insult. There is no "university of london", we have many different separate colleges that aren't really connected.